Rooftop Terrace

Perfect

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"Hotel Elios was perfect for our needs. The hotel is clean. Our rooms and baths were large and we had wonderful terraces with tables and chairs. As with other hotels in Italy, the mattresses were firm and towels thin. There is no airconditioning at this facility, however, the shutters prevent the sun from overheating the rooms and sleeping with the windows open gives you an awesome breeze and sound from the Sea. The location is a bit of a walk from Sorrento, however, if you don't mind walking, ithe location is worth it for the view. Also, you have access to the kitchen and we saved a lot of money by cooking our own meals here. This is a very economical, one-star hotel with a fabulous view. We found the beach at the adjacent hotel to be small, clean and full of locals which made it more fun!"

• Travel date: 26th June 2009

Simply charming!

Reviewed 8th November 2012

"Myself and my boyfriend stayed here for two nights in May 09 and were really pleased to find this hidden gem. Although amenties were limited and the room basic, these facts paled into insignificance once we saw the view. The landlady was very helpful and spoke good english and breakfast on the terrace with a view overlooking the sea couldn't be surpassed. It is a good 15 minute walk into Sorrento but worth it for the views, the peaceful surroundings and the very reasonable price. Highly recommended."

• Travel date: 24th May 2009

Pensione Elios July 2008

Reviewed 4th December 2012

"Away from the traffic and crowds of the town centre, my romantic room balcony looked across the Bay of Naples to Mount Vesuvius. I stayed at the Elios for ten days..It's the third time I've stayed there and when I am back in Australia I think of it often.There are no meals- when I am in Italy that is the way I like it.The owners always make you feel so welcome. Rob Pigott Sydney Australia"

• Travel date: 1st August 2008

Excellent value

Reviewed 8th November 2012

"I stayed at Hotel Elios for 4 nights in the summer of 2008. As an independent traveler on a budget, this was the ideal accommodation. Location: The location is the best part about Hotel Elios. The area has a beautiful view and is a short walk from Sorrento's city centre. The hotel is located on a small hill (which requires a bit of a walk), but the short walk will bring you to a small paradise. Sorrento is also a good base to visit other places like pompei, naples, capri, and the amalfi coast. Rooms: This is a one star hotel so do not expect a luxury suite. However, you can expect a clean room and bathroom. There is also a shared kitchen facility where you can store and make food. I enjoyed eating my breakfast on the shared balcony while looking at the Bay of Naples. Unfortunately, I could not access wireless internet in my room. However, there are many internet points in town for those with laptops. Overall: I would definitely stay here again if I return to Sorrento. I highly recommend this place for anyone looking for a relatively inexpensive place in a beautiful area. I also enjoyed chatting with the two charming ladies who own this pensione."

• Travel date: 21st July 2008

Beautiful view

Reviewed 25th October 2012

"Where can you find amazing view, large room and kitchen facilites all in one.... This is the place. My husband and I stayed here for three nights. In addition to Gianna being great at giving directions and helping us out, we had our own balcony and two SUPER huge decks with a view of the city and water. <We had a great time. By the way, all of this for £75!!!"

• Travel date: 21st June 2008

Great Place to Stay with a VIEW!!

Reviewed 12th October 2012

"This Pension is a great place to stay in Sorrento. Only a 10 minute walk to the main part of town. It is very quiet and most rooms have a balcony with an amazing view of the sea. The owners are great and will do whatever they can to help. PLUS! They have a great common kitchen you can use to cook your own meals. A great way to save some money. I highly recommend this hotel. We ate dinner on their balcony several times."

• Travel date: 20th June 2008

More than a pensione

Reviewed 4th December 2012

"I stayed at this hotel/pensione in Sept 2007 with a friend. My friend had stayed there many times and was almost like family to the owners. So my visit was off to a good start. I didn`t have to try and speak too much Italian as my friend did it all for me, but I believe that they can understand `tourist English`. At the time of my visit, Elios did not have internet visibility. It appears they may now have joined cyberspace – try checking - hotelelios.it - on the web. The site is in Italian but if you click on the Union Jack disc all will be revealed in English and hopefully you`ll be able to book a room quite easily. When we visited we were given Room 1, which had twin beds and a huge adjoining terrace. It looks straight into the next hotel but you can still enjoy great views. There is a rooftop area that allows you to appreciate the views more fully and enjoy the sun. It is situated high on the north ridge of Sorrento peninsula. Easily accessable using the bus. Walking down to the centre of Sorrento takes about 5-10 mins but the regular bus service can get you there quicker. We used the bus more coming back up the hill to Elios, because we were just lazy. The room was very clean. The bathroom was enormous. It`s not quite a hotel but more than a pensione. The tariff was very reasonable. I don`t believe there are any food services available (eg breakfast etc) because we never ate there. My visit was more pleasurable because my friend was close to the owners, but I would definitely recommend Elios to anyone who wants a nice bed, in a clean room, in a place that has a gorgeous view and lovely owners. Thanks for the marmalade, Maria. It`s all gone."

• Travel date: 18th June 2008

Old hotel with beautiful view.

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"Stayed there during 2nd week of June, 2005 with 2 friends. Booked it in the last minute (2 days before arriving there)(no credit card was required when booking!!!). Payed 80 euros/night for a triple room. Unfortunatelly, you can only book it by phone. They don't have internet access, nor a website. From train station (Stazione Circumvensia) about 20-25 minute hike up the mountain. Pretty hard to walk there with luggage because of narrow sidewalks, and 1/2 of time there are no sidewalks (dangerous). Hotel is about 10-15 minutes from the center. This hotel is very old. We had a room with a very nice view of the sea. Make sure you keep the balcony door closed @ night, since we had all kind of bugs coming-in. There is no AC in the room. However, during the night it gets pretty cold, so never was need for one, even during summer. A word of advice, bring your own towel when staying in this hotel, since the one they provide is really rough, smelly and in need of fabric softner. Also, make sure to bring your own soap and shampoo, since none was provided. There is no phone in the rooms. After 9:30 pm. they lock front door. They'll provide you with a key for the front door if staying out late. Another bad thing about it, make sure you have enough cash to pay for the hotel, since they don't accept credit cards. No TV in rooms. No breakfast."

• Travel date: 25th June 2005

Good for the Price, Great for Budget Travelling

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"When we arrived in Sorrento, we were ecstatic because the city was beautiful. It was our second stop for our tour around Europe. We were on budgets and consulting our Lets Go book, we found the Pensione Elios and decided we would go there. It was a long walk up to the place because we were too cheap to take the bus up but once we got there, we were treated nicely and pretty much like "family". The room cost us 100 Euros for a four person each night, which was a little more expensive than most of the cities we stayed in but surprisingly cheap for Sorrento. The room was really big, we had our own washroom, two beds and a cot and a huge balcony backing on to the beautiful cliff side and ocean. It was surprisingly clean as our expectations were much less. There was also a large common area with lots of tables and another huge balcony. A big kitchen was also provided for use and we cooked both breakfast and dinner for ourselves there when we felt like it. It was a great place to be as we met people, sometimes in the kitchen, othertimes elsewhere. Overall, my friends and I were happy we chose to stay there, except for the long walk up and down the hill to get into town. But if you could get passed that and you are working on a budget (backpacking and such) then this is the place for you to go."

• Travel date: 14th April 2005

Better than '1 star'

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"We stayed at the Hotel Elios for 10 days in July 2004. I decided on the Elios as it was one of only two 'budget' hotels recommended by 'Let's Go'. Anyway, we were pleasantly surprised by the hotel- our room was large, it had a balcony, it overlooked the sea, had a nice large bed and a very new bathroom with shower. The room and hotel was very clean. I found the hotel very quiet as although the road at the front of the hotel is busy, our room was on the sea-side and 'under' the level of the road (the hotel is on a cliff), so we did not hear any traffic. There is a small grocer/shop about 5 minutes walk from the hotel towards the centre of town- which for instance sell cold sparkling wine for Euro 2,50... The staff was extremely friendly and basically treated as like 'family' in the sense that we got very warm welcomes and 'ciao' whenever we handed in the key or collected the key at reception! The hotel is not in the centre of the town but on the edge of the town (which is a good or bad thing depending how you look at it)- its about 20 minute walk down/up the hill to the centre of town. There is a 'private' beach just down from the hotel- which is accessed via the lift from the hotel next door (Euro 3,50 per person). There is a regular bus which is Euro 1 for a journey (60 minutes)- we usually walked down the hill to town and then took the bus back up the hill. I have 2 small criticisms of the hotel- they dont provide any soap (which is actually so cheap to provide) and the towels were in serious need of fabric softener. The hotel compares well with 3 star hotels I've stayed in before in places like Paris/Barcelona/Amsterdam- it seems like the only difference is that 3 stars had tv (which you anyway dont need in Sorrento), and a breakfast room serving breakfast. We payed Euro60 for a double room with bathroom which for a room overlooking the sea, I would say is good value- I am sure there are 3 star hotels in Sorrento with worse locations. If you are on a budget, I would recommend this hotel. You will have to phone to book as they dont have any email or fax- and they require a credit card number for the booking. The hotel bill, which you can pay when you leave, have to be in cash though. Also they keep your passports but give it back when you pay (for instance we payed a day before, and they gave the passports back)."

• Travel date: 28th July 2004

Hotels near Boutique Hotel Helios

Boutique Hotel Helios is also called

• Hotel Elios
  • pensione elios sorrento
  • pensione elios hotel sorrento