Great Hotel and staff!!

Reviewed Tue 12th of October 2010

"I spent 3 nights in this hotel with my wife and we had a great time! Friendly staff and very good service.
Also the central location is perfcet to discover Sorrento and the beautiful surroundings.
I highly recommend this hotel!"

• Travel date: Wed 6th of October 2010

Beautiful hotel in a lovely setting. Poo...

Reviewed Wed 5th of April 2006

"Beautiful hotel in a lovely setting.
Pool was relatively small and very cold but surrounded by orange, lime, olive and lemon trees, and the pool staff were very friendly and helpful.

Breakfasts were fantastic with every option you could think of, including 20 types of mini pastries as well as the usual cheeses, cereals or cooked breakfasts.

Overall in a great location in Sorrento, right next to the main square but secluded from any noise.

Beautifully decorated and spacious rooms, felt luxurious enough to justify the price of the hotel."

• Travel date: Wed 5th of April 2006

A Touch of Class

Reviewed Sun 4th of November 2012

"Just had wonderful two weeks in Sorrento staying at Antiche Mura.
We found hotel to be chic and elegant, exceptionally clean, with a calm, comfortable and relaxed atmosphere. We were given a very professional service from efficient staff who always had a smile for us.

Breakfast was excellent, with plenty if choice and service round the pool a very high standard
Highly recommended"

• Travel date: Mon 15th of August 2005

Wonderful hotel in Sorrento

Reviewed Tue 30th of October 2012

"My family of four stayed at the Hotel Antiche Mura for 5 wonderful nights. We stayed in the Heaven suite. The rooms were so clean and the air conditioning was great, better than American standards. The breakfast was the best. Fresh fruit was so delicious everyday. The staff at hotel was very helpful especially when we had to find our lost luggage. The hotel arranged transportation from the Naples airport to and from Sorrento in a spacious van that held my family and all our luggage very comfortably. The hotel arranged tours for us of the Amalfi coast and Capri. Both excursions were well worth the money and I would highly suggest them if you are a first timer to the city. The hotel is in a perfect location- right off the main Tasso Square and very quiet at night. You do not hear the noise from the busy streets. We walked everywhere and there was no need for any taxis. I would highly recommend this hotel. The staff and the rooms were perfect. A wonderful place to visit and we would definitely come back."

• Travel date: Sun 14th of August 2005

Return to Sorrento

Reviewed Tue 18th of December 2012

"Some day my wife and I will return to Sorrento and hopefully recapture the romantic pleasures we recently experienced while staying at the Antiche Mura Hotel.

Just moments from the heart of town this hotel affords not only a quiet and beautiful place to stay but a familial staff ready to help in any way they can.

The delicious breakfast buffet is a perfect start for the day's planned activities.

As far as my wife and I are concerned the Antiche Mura is the only place to stay when visiting Sorrento."

• Travel date: Mon 8th of August 2005

great choice in sorrento

Reviewed Sun 4th of November 2012

"This was a really nice hotel. great breakfast, as everyone has said but it really is good. Pool area is clean, pretty and the pool is big enough for a swim and for the kids to mess around in. All staff were helpful and I would definately recommend this hotel. Its location is great and I certainly would not pay extra for the views from other hotels, by the end of our holiday we were 'viewed out'."

• Travel date: Mon 8th of August 2005

Anticha Mura - Sorrento, Great Hotel/ Great Location

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"This hotel is located about 50 metres from the main square in Sorrento [which is really rather spread out and you don't want to be staying too far out]. Antiche Mura was probably designed for corporate visitors rather than tourists, so a bit sterile but it is exceptionally well equipped and everything works. We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a huge suite. The swimming pool is not over large, but it is situated in a lemon grove. The Breakfast is fabulous. If you like pastries, they had 23 different types. If you're not going to splurge at the Excelsior Vittoria, then this is the one."

• Travel date: Thu 28th of July 2005

Absolutely fabulous

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"We started our holiday in a five star hotel in the centre of Rome which was amazing so anything to follow had to be good, the Antiche Mura surpassed all of our expectations, the location of this hotel is excellent, staff were excellent, dining facility excellent, maid service again excellent. I could not fault this hotel. It was a very relaxing place to stay and I would certainly recomment this hotel to friends and colleagues. I will certainly go back to the Antiche Mura again."

• Travel date: Mon 18th of July 2005

More Than you could ever expect

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"Everything about this hotel is incredible. The Service, Location, Amenities, Atmosphere, Ambiance, everything is top class. We stayed here on our honeymoon in June 2005, and couldn't have experienced anything that could compete with the Antiche Mura.

On our arrival, we received complimentary champagne & were upgraded to a better room, (although I can only imagine all the rooms being top class).

Location couldn't be better. Just seconds from the main square, but yet none of the noise from the streets.

The Staff could not have been more helpful. Always eager to help and always greeted with smiles (even at 4am in the morning).

Breakfast has a huge selection, suitable for all palates. You can choose to have breakfast indoor or outdoor. If you chose to go outdoor, you won't be disappointed in the gardens that surround the breakfast tables. I can still smell those beautiful flowers..................

The pool is extremely relaxing surrounded by lemon trees. Their is a pool bar which serves light snacks and drinks. (which are served to you while lying on your sunbed).

All the rooms a cleaned each day & towels change twice daily. (or as many times as you request).

The Antiche Mura is a difinite if you are staying in Sorrento. We will certainly recommend to anyone and hope to stay there again in the near future."

• Travel date: Mon 18th of July 2005

Hotel Antiche Mura is a wonderful find

Reviewed Tue 13th of November 2012

"During the last 20 years we have stayed in many different hotels in Sorrento, but the Antiche Mura is simply the most perfect. Having only been open for 3 years it is furnished to the highest standard, the staff are welcoming and friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The position just off Piazza Tasso could not be better, as less than a 1 minute walk brings you into the heart of the town. The pool in the secluded garden, although only small and more suitable for dipping in and out, than swimming for exercise, is surrounded by Lemon trees and is a tranquil haven, and there is a bar open all day for drinks and snacks which are very reasonably priced.

The beautiful breakfast room opens onto the patio and has a magnificant Murano glass grape vine in the centre, it serves fabulous local specialities and every kind of fresh fruit you can want, as well as the usual cereals, yogurts etc., and if you really want it, you can also have eggs and bacon. In the summer you can have your breakfast outside on the patio, what a perfect way to start the day!

Will we go back? Of course - we can't wait for next year.

Buon Vacanza"

• Travel date: Mon 11th of July 2005

A little Oasis

Reviewed Wed 12th of December 2012

"Just back from staying at the Antiche Mura. I endorse all the positive comments from previous reviewers this hotel is a little oasis in the hustle and bustle of central Sorrento."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of July 2005

Top breakfast and top service

Reviewed Sat 15th of December 2012

"We stayed at the Antiche Mura for our honeymoon in May. It was our first time to Italy and we were made very welcome, with fruit, flowers and asti.

The breakfasts were amazing with a massive spread of continental, cooked and plenty of wonderful pastries and cakes.

The atmosphere was relaxed yet attentive and the setting was perfect. I would highly recommend the Antiche Mura to anyone!"

• Travel date: Tue 5th of July 2005