Fabulous

Reviewed Tue 26th of February 2013

"We held our wedding reception at the Corallo on 30th May and we were absolutely thrilled with the day. The food was beautifully presented and absolutely delicious, the service was impecable for a group our size - around 55. The day and evening ran very smoothly, and could not have been more perfect, the hotel had decorated the terrace very elegantly which added to the romance and beautiful setting of the reception.

The hotel staff had amazing attention to detail and wanted the day to go just as perfectly as we had dreamed it.

Thank you!"

• Travel date: Fri 19th of June 2009

Fabulous Views.

Reviewed Mon 25th of February 2013

"Room was very clean. We had a huge terrace on top floor that overlooked the sea. Just beautiful. Small bathroom, but clean. Typical breakfast fare. About a mile walk to major shopping square. (About 25 minute stroll.)"

• Travel date: Thu 11th of June 2009

Great views--fair hotel

Reviewed Fri 1st of February 2013

"We just came back from a great tour of Italy through Brendan Tours but this hotel was definitely not on my list of favorite places. When we arrived the room had not been cleaned from the previous occupant, although we arrived in the late afternoon, and when the maid did come in to clean it she did a surface cleaning at best. For the remainder of our three days in the hotel the maid service was fair--they took used things like soap but did not replace it. The views from the hotel are magnificent but I would have rather stayed in a nicer hotel with a lesser view."

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of September 2008

Beautiful View

Reviewed Thu 31st of January 2013

"We stayed at the Corallo while on a Brendan Tour. The hotel itself is lovely and clean with amazing views of the water and coast. The staff was indifferent at best. Two seperate requests for towels on two different days produced them within an hour on one occassion and not at all on another.

We were traveling with my sister who ended up in a room with a private terrace but no AC. Our room across the hall had basically no view, but at least the AC worked. Other's in the group also complained of no AC, but there are numerous public terraces which are most enjoyable. The room seemed clean if a little musty smelling before we opened the windows, but there was a trail of tiny ants all across the room (three walls, in fact).

The breakfast buffet was adequate and the dinner included in the tour was nice, but as someone else here said, we were not allowed to take advantage of the beautiful terrace during the group meals.

There is a nice downtown area within walking distance, though not as big as Sorrento. Be sure to check out the packaged Pasta at the small grocery/deli there, beautiful colors and shapes - and the sandwiches made to order were the best of our trip. We ate two dinners at the Moonlight Pizzaria just a few blocks away. The food was some of the best of our entire trip and the staff was among the friendliest Italians we had met.

If you take a trip over to Capri be sure to take the chairlift to the top of the Island from Anna Capri. It was the most breathtaking view - 360 degrees and gorgeous."

• Travel date: Tue 26th of August 2008

Attic room spoiled stay at lovely hotel

Reviewed Thu 7th of February 2013

"My husband recently stayed at the Corallo Hotel while touring Italy with an Insight Tour.
I had checked out the hotel here on trip Advisor and was excited about our upcoming stay.
We were the last to be given our room key and were assigned room 666- we should have been suspicious from the start.
Our tour director had warned us that not everyone would have the same type of room ( repeated several times on the tour) that all were different and everyone would have access to the view from the terraces.
Our room was in the attic! with a window 4 feet x 3 feet with a view straight out of the water but the view down to the terraces was obstructed by the roof overhang below. We did have a great view of the old mansion next door.
The room was smallish with a queen sized bed, clean with a modern but somewhat cramped bathroom. On one occassion there was no lighting in the hallway. My biggest concern was how we would get out in the event of a fire!
We were accepting of the room until we saw many of our touring companions sitting on lovely terraces outside their rooms!!
We certainly felt that we had been ripped off!
The hotel common areas were lovely, Our group dinners and buffet breakfasts were held in a dinning room with quality table linens, as one member of our group noted " I feel like i'm at a wedding" but no terrace dining for tour groups.
The breakfast was adequate but nothing special, the dinner was a bit better with attentive service.
Terraces on either side of the hotel were available to our group and it was a magical experience to spend time admiring the ships in the cove. In my opinion the view and location is the top attraction of this hotel- outstanding.
I realize that tour experiences can be much different than when one personally arranges a stay but beware of room 666 or any other room on the 6th floor except the one on the end which has a huge terrace overlooking the bay."

• Travel date: Sun 27th of July 2008

Loved it!

Reviewed Tue 22nd of January 2013

"I stayed at the Hotel Corallo Sorrento for two nights while on an Insight Italian Escapade Tour. I was travelling alone but was able to get a double room with ocean view. Room was adequate size, bath was small and shower was awkard. Hotel and room were clean and bed comfortable. View was magnificent. Hotel staff were rather indifferent. Buffet breakfast and served dinner were mediocre. Hotel is a long walk to center of town. Many on my tour did not get such a terrific view and were unhappy with their accomodations. My view made up for anything that was sub-standard. I would stay again...just for the view."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of July 2008

What a splendid view of the Mediterrean!

Reviewed Mon 28th of January 2013

"My wife and I just returned from two nights in Sorrento on a Perillo tour......what a view and great little hotel! Some of our group were not as pleased but if you get a room on the 4th floor
your view will make it all worth while.We had our own balcony with a table and chairs with nothing but the Mediterrean in front of us.A bottle of red wine...it don't get no better than that!
In addition,the hotel has an outside deck where cocktails are served in the sun or under the stars.Breakfasts were good..our one dinner in the hotel was excellent!
It's quite a way from downtown..not really walkable!!
In the distance you see the Isle of Capri!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 12th of June 2008

Lovely hotel with fabulous views

Reviewed Mon 14th of January 2013

"We checked into the Hotel Corallo after 4 rather unpleasant nights in one of the neighboring hotels, and we thought that we had found heaven!! This was the last week of the season before the hotel closes until February, and we were given a fabulous suite with views that were absolutely fantastic. We also had our own patio. The breakfast was very nicely served but not particularly generous in comparison to other hotels.. There were certainly enough choices.

The bus that would take you right to the Piazza Tasso in the center of Sorrento stops almost in front of the hotel and runs very much on time. You can also take this bus to both the train stations in Sant Agnello and Sorrento.

We did not eat at the hotel restaurant but there is a rather nice restaurant on the corner in front of the Hotel Mediteranneo, RISTORANTE IL CAPANNO. We ate at the Ristorante Moonlight Pizzaria the evening of our last night in Sorrento which is a couple of blocks away and had the best meal of our stay in Italy. They only serve pizza a couple of nights a week, but this was not a pizza night!

I wish that we had stayed at the Hotel Corallo for all 5 nights of our stay in Sorrento!!"

• Travel date: Sun 2nd of December 2007

Enjoy the View

Reviewed Tue 1st of January 2013

"-everything you've read about the views and all other positive comments you would have read are bang on. It's hard to find much wrong with the Corrallo.
-the only issue I had was with the parking. Small lot, totally insufficient to meet guest requirements. The hotel staff suggested I park on the street and that it was "safe". Unless you appreciate having your car scratched don't park in the street.
The hotel has access to a private lot not two minutes away. I found out the hard way.
Otherwise, an excellent hotel and locatiion.
If you're looking for a place to eat, within walking distance, try the Moonlight Ristorante Pizzeria at 3 via Raffael Fiorentino. It's a 4 minute walk from the hotel and well worth it. ."

• Travel date: Thu 8th of November 2007

fantastic view!!!

Reviewed Mon 10th of December 2012

"Stopped here on a Perillo tour. Was not disappointed. View was fanastic. Everyone in tour group had balcony rooms. I sat there for hours just taking in the view. We also had two breakfasts and one dinner there. All meals were way better than average. Only fault I can find is the distance into the main square of Sorrento. Several of us took the walk thinking it was about 15-20 minutes--well it was more like 40min at a fast pace. but once there , it was well worth the walk."

• Travel date: Mon 23rd of July 2007

Breathtaking Views

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"The Hotel caters mostly for escorted bus tours(Perillo, Insight etc..) the rooms these companies use don’t always have the best views, but a recently built a conservatory off the reception / bar area has magnificent views and is a nice place to sit and relax especially during the colder months of the year. The hotel has free secure car parking. The breakfast buffet was adequate. Our bedroom was clean and functional with french doors opening onto a small shared terrace with a small table and chairs and breathtaking views The bathrooms could do with updating but were clean. Book a room with a view as it is one of the best features of the Hotel.
The restaurant staff were excellent, the one evening we ate in the Hotel we knew we were very late for dinner but Chef stayed late especially for us our two waiters served us a wonderful meal in true Italian style nothing was too much trouble and this was on an evening when the hotel was very quite and we were the only people dinning
We would be happy to stay here again for the views and the friendly and efficient service

."

• Travel date: Sat 6th of January 2007

Nice place but needs TLC

Reviewed Wed 28th of November 2012

"My wife and I recently spent a night at the Corallo. It's a nice hotel but the need for maintainence is very visible. some guests had difficulty opening bathroom doors. The staff was not too accomodating. It's not on my recommend list."

• Travel date: Thu 21st of September 2006