Panorama dalle nostre camere

enjoyed every minute

Reviewed 2nd December 2012

"A beautiful hotel. The service was outstanding - nothing was too difficult. Breakfast was plentiful (if you liked cakes) but can order more traditional. Room was lovely - tiled floors, jacuzzi, balcony. Enjoyed the swimming pool. Easy walk to beach even though the hotel is located further up the hill. Clean and comfortable and easy for our three young kids to have a play. The staff werent fazed when they played hide and seek in the lift! They deserved their 4 star rating."

• Travel date: 24th October 2005

Lovely hotel, Lovely views, Resort town

Reviewed 14th November 2012

"My boyfriend and I just got back from a two week holiday in Italy -- three nights of which were spent at Eden Roc. The setting is unquestionably one of the most beautiful I've ever seen and the view from the balcony of our room was exquisite any time of the day or night. There is nothing like viewing the moon and stars over the water of the Amalfi coast except perhaps viewing a sunrise over the same water. The drive to Positano is not nearly as frightening as I was expecting it to be -- breathtaking in its beauty, yes but not white knuckle scary. The hotel arranged for a driver to pick us up in Naples and drive us to Positano -- he was a lovely person and a very good driver -- at least from my perspective since he didn't take corners at race car speed and seemed conscious of the fact that two Americans may not be as comfortable with the chaos on Italian roads as natives might be. Although, I'm sure my boyfried wouldn't have minded a little more speed and tight cornering on some of the turns! The driver we had on the way back to Naples was also good but made me just a little more nervous with his ability to multitask -- driving, talking with his girlfriend and adjusting the tapes and radio station all at the same time while navigating a road that is about big enough for one and a half cars -- not to mention the sheer cliff that was on one side -- there are guard rails, though. The staff at the hotel were very welcoming and made sure we were well taken care of. We had booked a suite with a jacuzzi and large balcony -- I definitely appreciated the balcony. We only had breakfast in our room on the balcony and I loved it. The beds are definitely firm -- but not as hard as the beds at the 5* hotel we stayed in in Rome. The hotel is a good distance from town -- it is a good walk but not too far. It helped me feel ok about eating all the food and the occasional gelato. One note on going to Capri -- be sure to book that in advance perhaps through the hotel. We were at the beginning of our trip and still in the mode of relaxing and the one day we thought we'd go to Capri, we were too late. The only boats that go there leave by 10:00 or so in the morning and we were too late. We ended up taking a boat to Sorrento which was fine -- and beautiful views of the coast -- but probably not as much fun as Capri. The shower/jacuzzi tub/steam combination in the bathroom was intriguing -- I'd never seen a whole unit that combined all those functions. It took some figuring out but there were instructions and it was actually nice once I figured out how to make it all work. Having said all that, I probably would not rush back to Positano. The hotel is lovely as is Positano but there is nothing but tourists and tourist shops all selling pretty much the same thing -- there is a LOT of limoncello in Positano. We were there in mid-October and it was a little cold for sitting on the beach or by the pool. Positano is definitely a resort town -- we finally went walking in the opposite direction of town and found some lovely areas. If we go back to the Amalfi Coast, it will probably be to go to Capri but I'd be more likely to go back to Venice or Tuscany before Positano. Although, if we did go back to Positano, I would stay at the Eden Roc again."

• Travel date: 23rd October 2005

What a gem!

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"My husband and I stayed here for 3 nights in Oct. Even thought it was a little pricier than some other hotels we stayed at on our trip, it was definitely worth it. The staff was excellent, and our room was wonderful. We had a junior suite, with a large balcony. The dining room was lovely, with a great buffet breakfast, and the dinners were great as well. They also have a free wine tasting in the bar every afternoon, the bartender was really helpful in suggesting wines to try. We would love to stay here again someday!"

• Travel date: 15th October 2005

Traveled all of Italy

Reviewed 21st October 2012

"After studying law in Florence, Italy during the summer of 2001, my husband and I toured Italy. We stayed in cheap hotels and also splurged on nice hotels, depending on the location and length of our visit, and traveled to locations big (ie. Rome/Venice/Naples etc) and small (Cinque Terre/Sienna etc). Eden Roc was perfect and exactly what I expected for the town and price. We enjoyed the view, location (not to far or too close to the beach--too close would not give you a full view of the ocean), service, accomodations (ie. bed was very comfortable and jacuzzi perfect after a day at the beach) and food. Dinner on the terrace at sunset is a moment I will never forget. Both the view of the village/ocean and food were incredible. Service was excellent. One example (of many): I ordered tea and my husband ordered french fries late in the evening and it arrived at our room in less than 5 minutes. The only thing I would change about the hotel was the pool. It was clean, but not very pleasant looking and very small (about 10'x12' if I had to guess). However, the lounge chairs, drink service and views more than made up for any disappointment I felt about the pool (and the beach, just a short walk away, was incredible). I believe this hotel was shown in the movie "Under the Tuscan Sun"--take a look at the terrace/room of Diane Lane's first Italian boyfriend. Honestly, the place is even better than it looks in the movie! Although we try to travel to new locations each year, we will definitely return to Positano and the beautiful Eden Roc."

• Travel date: 14th October 2005

A wonderful experience

Reviewed 14th November 2012

"We stayed at the Eden Roc Hotel In Sept, 2005 and it was a wonderful hotel. From the moment that you enter the beautiful lobby, the staff is there to greet and welcome you. They want to do everything for you and made all of our arrangements with our car and drivers. The breakfast is fabulous and the restaurant is the best place to eat in Positano. We look forward to returning."

• Travel date: 13th October 2005

Honeymoon Delight

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"We stayed here for our honeymoon and we couldn't have picked a nicer place to stay. From the moment we arrived the friendliness of the staff was very warming. My husbands bags never arrived at the airport and the staff at Hotel Eden told us to relax and enjoy the honeymoon and they would check for the bag. Indeed it did turn up due to the kindness of the Hotel manager and staff there. I've never stayed at a hotel where every staff memeber was a nice as the next and were pleasant to you at all times. We hope to come back to Positano again in the future and we will definitely be staying in Hotel Eden Roc again.......that's for sure. Thanks for a wonderful stay.......ye made our honeymoon so special!!"

• Travel date: 6th October 2005

Delightful!

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"Our 3rd visit to Positano and 2nd stay in the Eden Roc. Rooms are spacious and very clean with lovely bathrooms and well-made furniture. We had a junior suite with a jacuzzi bath and large private terrace which was sunny from dawn til dusk. The communal terrace (with pool) looks out towards the sea and there were plenty of sun-loungers available. There is a very varied lunch/dinner menu with lunch being served on the terrace (very relaxing) and dinner in the restaurant downstairs. The breakfasts were very good with yet another varied choice for even the fussiest eater! We wouldn't recommend hiring a car as the roads are a nightmare! The internal buses follow a loop around Postiano driving up into the hills and back down again at 1 Euro per journey - you can get on or off at any bus-stop. Use the boats to take you to Amalfi and then on up to Ravello in a taxi (expensive) or a local bus (cheap and cramped, but fun). Pompeii is definately worth a visit although the taxi ride is expensive for 2 people - min 35 Euros per hour (It takes about 1 hour to get there and you need a couple of hours to look around and then 1 hour back again). The taxi normally waits for you and meets you at the point you were dropped off. Capri is pretty but very busy and there always seems to be a hugh queue for the funicular. June and Sept are the best times to visit Positano as they are very warm but not exhaustingly hot. Woudn't recommend the area for anyone with dodgy knees, ankles or legs as there is a fair bit of up-hill and downhill walking. All the restaurant we visited were fantastic - some expensive, some cheap (generally, the further up the hill you go, the cheaper the food). We can recommend La Cambusa, Le Terrazze (road-side dining looking out over the bay - we had fantastic shrimps here), Max (also an art gallery) and many more, we never had a bad meal. Finally, stick to the local wines as they are cheap, but delicious."

• Travel date: 6th October 2005

Lovely Hotel

Reviewed 9th November 2012

"We, as two couples, stayed in Delux Suite and Jr.Suite respectively. I preferred Jr.Suite which does not have a huge jacuzzi pool on the terrace and whose all decor are a little bit inferior to those of Delux ,but has a jacuzzi in the bathroom (same as Delux) and whose terrace is more spacious and beautiful than Delux's. Interesting was breakfast.You'll see many kind of cakes for the buffet breakfast. One negative point is given to the extremely high price of wireless internet(EUR8/hr if my memory is correct) which you can use in the lobby and restaurant. I used dial-up in the room. Another negative one is there was no hot water in the bathroom for a whole day for the entire hotel. I believe that was an accident which seldom occures."

• Travel date: 27th September 2005

Like Family

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"The Eden Roc is a beautiful facility with stunning views of the Mediterranean. Everything is spotless and the people treat you like family. The bartender has won competitions in Rome, and the restaurant provided some of the best food on our 2-week trip. I would highly recommend the Eden Roc Hotel and teh Adam & Eve Restaurant to anyone traveling to Positano"

• Travel date: 27th September 2005

outstanding italian holiday

Reviewed 9th November 2012

"beautifully located hotel, excellent suites, splendid food and above all excellent staff who are friendly, willing, attentive and do everything they can to promote an excellent stay"

• Travel date: 19th September 2005