Deluxe "Fersen" room terrace

Good quality 4 star hotel

Reviewed 3rd November 2012

"Stayed here for 3 nights on oru 2.5 week Italian vacation. Would recommend this hotel as a place to stay in Capri. Pros - We were very lucky to get upgraded, but I was surprised by the size and cleanliness of the room. Views were not crash hot (blocked by trees / other buildings) and furnishings and bathrooms were a little dated but solid 4 star rooms - Shuttle service was invaluable as the location is quite far from the main town. Andreas (ther driver) was great! However, it is right next door to a supermarket - Service we had was fabulous - Breakfast we found to bve very good for europe. Decent selection of cold meats and breads + made to order omelette - Good value for money Cons - As mentioned, location was a bit far from town, but the free driver / shuttle was not a problem - No other major complaints...just don't expect 5 star luxury Would recommend this hotel as a decent place to stay in Capri weather destroying the bank account!"

• Travel date: 25th March 2010

Good staff, not so god breakfast

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"The staff was very kind and gentle, and the room was really good and clean. The car taking us to capri center or to marina grande when we wanted is great, but the breakfast was very weak. No cheese, no ham, no fruits, which I think it`s inescusable when you go to Italy. Another thing we missed is the room service, because the hotel has no restaurant, so if you dont buy things to eat in the room in the nearest market, you must go out to eat, and for that you need the car they offer until 9 pm."

• Travel date: 10th November 2009

Awesome hotel

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"Amazing hotel: clean, spacious, great staff. Hotel offers unlimited chauffeur service to/from port, Capri town. The driver, Nick (?), is a sweetheart. Free wifi. Market less than a minute walk away."

• Travel date: 7th October 2009

Good enough!

Reviewed 16th December 2012

"I recently stayed at the Excelsior Parco in Capri. I was given a standard room where sunlight could enter only from the window door. I asked to be moved to another room, and my request was accepted. To be honest I didn't really like the first room, although my plan didn't consider to stay in the hotel room all day. The room was clean and I can tell the same for the bathroom, having really nice tiles. Breakfast was always good. I really liked the chocolate and lemon Caprese cakes, that were available everyday. There is a car driving you to the harbour or to the town centre, depending on your needs. That was a really good service. The hotel is definitely a 4* hotel"

• Travel date: 11th September 2009

The best hotel we've EVER stayed at! Recommend it 100% to anyone who's going to Capri!

Reviewed 10th November 2012

"Do not look any further, this is the hotel you want to be staying at, trust me!!! The service was excellent, the room was beautiful, and we were treated like royalty. We were picked up from Marina by the car and were taken to the beautiful hotel. As we got there, the manager told us that we will get an upgraded room for the same price. He took us upstairs to the room, and I didn't even realize at first that we were already in our room, I thought it was the hallway, that's how big it was. The bathroom was a good size too, and it had nice slippers waiting for us along with other amenities, like q-tips, shower cap, nail file, even a hair band. I just thought it was a nice touch. The best feature of the room was the huge terrace with 2 lounge chairs and a table and 2 chairs. I spent the whole day once just sun bathing, and drinking my favorite drinks all day on the terrace, it was the most relaxing thing I did in years. Breakfast is not very early, like in most hotels, you gotta get up at 8 am not to miss it, here it's until 11, and it's regular european breakfast, but everything is very good quality. You can tell that the owner/management of the hotel care about the quality of service they offer and the image of the hotel. Everything was on a very high, upscale level at all times. Not only you get a great hotel stay, but you also get a personal driver with a car absolutely free!!! The very friendly Andre (the driver) not only picks you up from the Marina Grande, but he will also driver you any time you want, for free, to the center, and if you like, back. For those of you who like to save money on food, there is also a supermarket like 10 feet away from the hotel. We bought ice-cream there, soda, and some fruits and berries for our terrace. So I just want to wish who ever is going there, have a great time (I know you will if you're booking this hotel)!!! And say Hi to Paulo and Andre!"

• Travel date: 26th May 2009

Fabulous Stay!

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"We stayed here for three nights in late September and absolutely loved it. The service was fantastic , right from the start with collection from Marina Grande ; complimentary taxi service anytime anywhere! We had a wonderful room and found the location of the hotel perfect for exploring the whole island. The hotel is on the main road up to Capri town, right next to a supermarket and all you need to do is scoot up the walkway and you are in capri town! The best hotel of our 5 week holiday - Stay here - you will not be disappointed! And breakfast was fab too!"

• Travel date: 5th November 2008

An excellent hotel in Capri!

Reviewed 22nd October 2012

"We stayed in this hotel from the 9th Sep till the 13th, as soon as we arrive the free taxi/shuttle came to pick us up from Marina Grande and took us to the hotel which is 5 mins away. Paolo the hotel manager was excellent,he even gave us a "superior" room as he called it from the standard we had! The view was really nice, the breakfast was good, the staff where very very friendly and keen to give you all the details and answer all your questions. All our requets,for coffe,extra pillows,iron etc were met with a smile.Defenetely reccomend it. Rouocco the driver of the free hotel shuttle/taxi was excellent-hey rouocco,,how';s it going? he gave us step by step instructions of where to go,what to do, which are the cheapest restuatanrts (expect to pay 4-6 euros for coke!!!), etc etc. Overall it was great, the hotel is a 4 star hotel but the people make it a 5 would defenetely go there again!!!!! Andreas and Maria Nicosia Cyprus.-maratheftis at gmail.com [-]"

• Travel date: 22nd September 2008

An incredible stay

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"This hotel is exceptional and without doubt one of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. Not only is it a beautiful place with an incrediblly peaceful atmosphere it offers exceptional service and I cannot compliment the manager and all the staff for the excellent and most profesional service they offer. The hotel's recent refurbishments are delightful and have manged to retain the integrity of the period it was built in whilst offering all the modern facillities. Of particular note are breakfast and aperitivi in the garden, the convienience of having a driver collect you from the port and ferry you up and down to the town and the roof sun terrace. I sincerely recommend this hotel to you."

• Travel date: 19th September 2008

Dreadful!

Reviewed 3rd November 2012

"This hotel looks really nice from the website; DO NOT BE FOOLED. It is awful. It is in a terrible location, a long way from any of the attractions of Capri (Piazzatta, shops, beaches). The website says that it is 30 metres from the Marina Grande beach: this is firstly untrue (it is much further than 30m) and secondly, the beach is not really worth visiting anyway. The hotel manager was rude and supercilious. We were given a dark room with no view which smellt of damp when we got there. There was a shower but no bath. We checked out after one night but were obliged to pay for a second night because of the late cancellation. There are very few amenities at the hotel although there is a small "massage pool" in the small garden area, which looked filthy and unhygienic. This is one of the worst four star hotels that I have seen."

• Travel date: 7th August 2006

just don't

Reviewed 11th October 2012

"The hotel may be '30 metres from the beach' as the crow flies. but on foot it takes at least 20 minutes to walk up the steep and dangerous road to the hotel entrance. We were booked to stay for a several days at this hotel but ended up only staying the one night it was so bad. The staff of the hotel are all very friendly but live in fear of the owner/manager who was rude, arrogant and dismissive. Our room was box sized and full of mosquitos. The room door handle was broken, the air conditioning was so loud we couldn't sleep, the light in the shower broken and the curtains falling off their railings. The whirlpool was so filthy that we actually laughed when we saw it. The situation of the hotel isn't great being half way between the port and capri town. the bach by the port is covered in rubbish and not suitable for bathing. to go to either means a walk up or down a busy road with no pedestrian pathway which is very dangerous. for the same money you could stay in capri town, in the quisisana. please. don't spoil your holiday to this great destination by staying in this hotel. the reason this hotel has availability is that nobody wants to stay there."

• Travel date: 6th August 2006