deluxe3

Good

Poor customer service and mediocre accommodation

Reviewed 9th November 2012

"I just came back from my Capri trip (July 2004) and I got to say this hotel is a little disappointing with very poor customer service. The accommodation is decent but it is definitely not as nice as the website leads you to believe. They have a 10 am checkout policy, which they did not make clear to me when I booked the room or when I checked in. So around 11 am on my last day there someone at reception called and told us that we had to leave and then told us about the 10 am checkout policy. The person was rude but we figure if it is their policy so we will pack up and leave. Ten minutes later, the hotel sent a very rude staff to knock on our door. He was yelling at me for not hurrying up and told me that the next guest is already at the hotel and they want the room back immediately. I told him I was already packing but he proceeded to lecture me for another five minutes. The staff really ruined what was supposed to be a relaxing holiday for me, I am extremely disappointed with how they dealt with the situation. And there is no swimming pool at this hotel, which makes sunbathing not that enjoyable."

• Travel date: 11th July 2004

A perfect hotel

Reviewed 19th December 2012

"Excellent staff, attention to detail and beautiful rooms make this probably one of the best hotels I have stayed in. We stayed for 5 nights in a superior room in July 2003 on our honeymoon - it was the perfect start to a really special holiday. It also seems very good value compared to other hotels of a similar class in Capri. If you're not worried about having a pool and restuarant - I would say this is the only place to stay when visiting Capri."

• Travel date: 28th June 2004

2 Days in Heaven

Reviewed 11th December 2012

"We had a wonderful experience at La Minerva. Our room (a "superior" double w/ sea view) was cozy & pristine. We especially loved the colored tile floor, in-room jacuzzi, and of course the view from our spacious private veranda. It was also nice to be a few blocks off the main strip -- close enough to get everywhere easily & quickly, but far enough away that we could escape the daytime crowds. Definitely recommend."

• Travel date: 10th June 2004

La Minerva is wonderful!

Reviewed 17th November 2012

"We loved La Minerva! We stayed for 3 nights as part of our honeymoon along the Amalfi Coast. Our room was small but immaculate and nicely decorated (beautiful Italian tiles throughout!) We had a Superior room with sea view just below the reception area; however the sea view was obstructed by two large trees. Still, it was peaceful and relaxing. (Try to get a room one floor down from the reception area for best views. Floors further down probably have less of a view.) Breakfasts were fantastic – croissants, rolls, and sweets with a pot of tea or coffee, and an amazing view! Luigi is incredibly friendly and eager to help! He recommended some amazing hikes around the island. The hotel has been in his family for generations, and it's obvious that they love what they do!"

• Travel date: 7th June 2004

I agree with other reviewers - great!

Reviewed 18th October 2012

"My husband and I spent 4 nights at La Minerva, arriving Oct. 14, 2003. Delightful hotel, quiet, yet a good location. Their website depicts it beautifully. I see Trip Advisor lists it as recommended by Karen Brown Guidebooks. (I find her listings to be right on the mark). It was a little cool to be served breakfast either on our terrace in the room or on the upstairs terrace. But, several tables in a bright ,airy-feeling indoor area was perfectly fine for their simple, yet tasty breakfast. Very genteel atmosphere and nice service. I’m glad they have since revised their website, giving you more information about getting to their hotel. If you will be rolling your own luggage, now they tell you which of the two streets does not have stairs. We used this street all the time, it was preferable, and lovely. Spend as much time as you can on Capri – it is a different experience, rather than “daytripping”. Take the single chair chairlift in Anacapri to the top of the mountain. Spectacular scenery. Walk to Villa Jovis. There are a number of restaurants tucked away off this street for a delightful lunch. Enjoy."

• Travel date: 3rd June 2004

None Better!

Reviewed 17th November 2012

"May,2004 We were enthralled by the hotel and the beautiful view. The rooms are too splendid to describe. Luigi(the owner's son) is a a master host and full of suggestions. We adored the setting and the island beyond our expectations. We will rush back if ever we can."

• Travel date: 22nd May 2004

The place to stay in Capri!

Reviewed 11th December 2012

"Our stay at La Minerva was wonderful!! The hotel is ideally situated just outside of the center of Capri, near all of the restaurants and shops (also easily accessible to Anacapri and the marina (yet away from the crowds and noise). The location was excellent because it was close to the center of Capri, but quiet, and also had an amazing view of the island and the water. The hotel was very clean, very nice linens, the beds were comfortable, and had all of the amenities that we were looking for. Luigi and the staff were very pleasant, kind, provided great recommendations and were always there for you. This hotel is definitely the best hotel for the value in Capri. You receive individualized service and the staff makes you feel like you are the only guest. We loved having breakfast on our terrace every morning, which had a wonderful view. I would definitely stay at this hotel again and recommend it to others."

• Travel date: 8th May 2004

Great Hotel/ Excellent Value for Capri

Reviewed 27th November 2012

"We stayed at La Minerva in 2001 and liked it very much. The rooms were spotless, the airconditioning strong, and the bathrooms were huge. An easy walk from Capri town and a great view. Staff was also kind and we enjoyed the breakfast brought to your room (although we wished they would serve breakfast just a little later since it is so easy to be lazy in Capri...stopped at 9:30). Strongly recommended."

• Travel date: 7th April 2004

Exactly what we wabted

Reviewed 9th November 2012

"This is a very simple and tasteful small hotel, perfectly located on a quiet street a short walk from the center of Capri Town. The staff was exceptionally helpful, although we were there just before the start of the season and I'm sure their ability to provide a high level of attention is a bit less when the hotel is full. We had a standard double with view and it was very comfortable -- view was lovely. I'd recommend it without hesitation."

• Travel date: 28th March 2004

The best hotel ever!

Reviewed 27th November 2012

"My family stayed at La Minerva 2 years ago and I still feel so strongly that this was the best hotel I have ever been to that I am writing a review now. Luigi was wonderful to us, we fought airline problems so we arrived at midnight, he was waiting for us, we called in advance and he organized a private transfer from Sorrento since we missed the last ferry, my parents had no lugguge (lost) and he told us where to go to get some things. We had lovely, large, spacious rooms with a balcony and a large bathroom. A wonderful continental breakfast with excellent orange (red) juice. It was cold and rainy, but this hotel made all the difference, it seemed like we were there alone, we almost never saw anyone else. We all want to go back soon and I would not stay anywhere else. It is on a quiet side street, but so convenient to everything. Typical Capri style. I wish I could be there now!"

• Travel date: 25th March 2004

Hotels near La Minerva

La Minerva is also called

• la minerva capri
  • la minerva hotel capri