Piscina

Good

between dreams and reality at hotel la vega italy

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"coming from an italian family my dream was tosome day go to italy. For our trip in Italy,I first ask ed advice and suggestion to my friend who had been there already. From wich Michael, who recommended me for my staying in Capri the Hotel La Vega. He said I'm sure you'll be happy afrterwords I surfed the net for more informations. But I was a bit disappointed when I read some reviews on trip adivisor. I visited the hotel web site and I liked it a lot so I decided to give it a try and listen to Michael. I booked for tree days.when we got there I forgot all my doubts. It was simply delicious, we had a spectacular view from the balcony of my room , and the staff made us feel welcome and confortable . I had read something about breakfast but it was either anoter Hotel or has been changed a lot.The buffet was filled with 2 kinds of bread croissants plum cake orange or pineapple juice a variety of fresh fruits 3 - 4 kinds of jam and marmelade and every day a fresh home made cake. Once we got down to the pool was breathtaking. From inside the pool you could see the infinite blue of the Mediterranean Sea, you could not even realize if you were in the pool or in the sea in the opposite direction going back to reality the Restaurant with all the tables and the real food. I can still taste the ravioli I had there. For me this was a dream come true and I wold like to share it with the people who love Italy , Capri and Hotel La Vega. Thanks Michael"

• Travel date: 12th June 2008

Hotel la Vega Capri..Fawlty Towers in Italy

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"I had a most terrible time at Hotel la Vega in Capri.Lets start with the breakfast....the food was actually bad..I wished i had taken a photo of the pathetic rotting fruit basket laid out on the breakfast buffet for the whole hotel. I was embarassed for the hotel and took it to the receptionist and said that after eating appalling 5th grade fruit for a week, I felt it was time to complain now that it was rotting.I didnt realise you could buy fruit of such poor quality in Europe. The quality of the entire breakfast was of such a poor standard that I was amazed that yogurt that bad actually could be sold in a supermarket..etc etc..the "orange juice" was off. the croissants burnt...the jam indescrible red plastic.The one and only waiter for the entire hotel was ungracious ,overworked and charmless The hotel is very old and basic, and needs a refurbishment. My bath..the plug didnt work . I had to put a towel over it and hold it down with my foot to fill it up. TV didnt work..I think its from pre-history.It was shabby and depressing. I must say one of the reasons I was so upset was a group of my friends were staying in a newly refurbished hotel just up the road. Fot the same price they had a sensational breakfast...a beautiful pool, charming fresh rooms and a wonderful owner who ran it.The Hotel la Vega is a disgrace and I feel sorry for anyone who thinks they are coming for a special holiday there."

• Travel date: 6th December 2006

ok

Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"i stayed at hotel la vega for a week because our timeshare across the street got screwed up...overall this hotel was ok..however i did not pay for it...had i paid for it 220euro's per night...i would have thought it was exspensive... the room we stayed in seems fairly new...jacuzzi/balcony/lg king bed... staff is friendly and mostly everyone we encountered spoke english... breakfast was included but the same lame thing everyday..crossaints/hard crackers/fruit/cheeses good things is that it is close to the piazzetta..5-7 minute walk...the pool is nice although it smelled like eggs at times...not sure if it was an island thing bad things...dont let them do any laundry without discussing a price ..i got 2 loads done it cost 250euros i almost fainted...i could have bought clothes for cheaper....they seemed to not be able to find the price for the laundry services everytime i asked...so i just sent it with them..bad move...it's like 10-15 euros for every shirt/pants/shorts.. we also stayed in i think it was room 37 the first night...180euros that room was ridiculously small with no light..even if you think "WE WONT BE IN THE ROOM MUCH ANYWAY" ..this room is still ridiculous for even changing..."

• Travel date: 10th October 2006

Missing Items

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"We stayed at the Hotel La Vega as part of a tour group in mid September. The room we stayed in had been recently renovated. It was fine, nothing fantastic. We did have a balcony with a beautiful view of the water, though. Others in our group stayed in rooms that had not been renovated. Their comment was "It's a dump". I left my travel alarm clock on the bedside stand. When I was getting ready for bed that night and went to set the alarm, it was missing. I searched the entire room, thinking the maid may have put it somewhere. I went to the desk to inform them, the desk clerk just shrugged his shoulders. We checked out early the next morning, continuing our tour. Later that day another woman in our group just happened to mention that her travel alarm clock was missing from her room at the La Vega. What a coincidence!! So if you stay here , make sure that you lock all of your belongings in your suitcase and insist on a renovated room."

• Travel date: 30th September 2006

No so good...

Reviewed 13th December 2012

"There are too many nicer hotels around it. Everything was old and broken. The phone didn't work, some of the lights were out. If you find a good deal and you're planning to be on the town the majority of your stay, then go for it, but I paid almost 200 euro and it was so not worth the money."

• Travel date: 8th April 2005

Urgent Renovation

Reviewed 15th October 2012

"Urgent renovation The Hotel has a marvelous pool and is situated on a superb location. The pool is the only reason someone should choose this hotel. The personnel of the hotel are polite and friendly but by far inadequate. The furniture of the hotel is too old and have been used for too many years. The veranda of our room had an exceptional seeview but we could not enjoy it, as the chairs and the table were really old and dirty. The balcony doors did not close. (Malfunction). The walls in the room had mud (from moist) but it was painted white (ridicules and disgusting). The elevator made a strange vibration (terribly scared us) but we were informed that it was normal!!!!!!!! These along with other things made the room and its bathroom anything but decent, which is what we expected for €180 per night."

• Travel date: 28th June 2004

Nice and not "too" expensive

Good
Reviewed 3rd December 2012

"Nice family hotel situated in a calm area from Capri. Five minutes walk from the city center. The pool is very nice and the rooms are spacious but a bit oldfashion. We very much enjoyed the stay"

• Travel date: 6th June 2004