Amazing Hotel

Reviewed Wed 27th of March 2013

"The hotel was better than I expected. The breakfast was the best I'd ever tasted.
Rooms were clean and with window overlooking the spectacular views of Sea.

Staff was professional and attentive.

Would definitely stay there again."

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of September 2010

Hmmmm Breakfast!

Reviewed Thu 28th of March 2013

"My husband and I have just returned from our Honeymoon and spent 3 nights at the GH Convento, the hotel was a surprise booked by my hubby and it did not disappoint! The hotel is very modern inside but still retains its beauty of being an old building, the only thing I would have liked is more information on what the rooms used to be when it was a monastry. The staff are very friendly and even though this is a chain hotel it certainley does not feel like one. The rooms are not huge but the bathrooms make up for any grumble there. The infinity pool is amazing and has wonderful views over the coast and we spent an idylic day relaxing by it drinking wonderful wine. Last of all the breakfast is amazing, the best breakfast I have ever had there is an abundance of cakes, breads, croissants, bruschettas, cereals, fruits, english breakfast, yoghurts..okay you get the picture but the icing on the cake was...champagne!! If you go anywhere in amalfi stay here!"

• Travel date: Tue 21st of September 2010

Beautiful Location

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"This hotel has a lot of charm and history. When you first enter the hotel, the beauty of the location will overwhelm you. This hotel is built in an old monastery and the hotel managed to keep the charm of its history while creating a new elegance. The hotel scenery is absolutely beautiful (probably the best view in all of Amalfi). Overall, we had a great stay at this hotel. The only disadvantage is that one may feel disconnected from the charm of Amalfi because the hotel is isolated away from the city. The hotel did not have a lot to offer in terms of entertainment, but they had a beautiful dinner and the pool was gorgeous. The breakfast was an added bonus and delicious."

• Travel date: Thu 16th of September 2010

Amazing hotel, relaxing experience!

Reviewed Sat 8th of December 2012

"We spent here 6 fabulous days. The hotel has a great position, historic architecture, modern and charm interiors and a stunning view: the pictures on the website are 100% realistic!
Our room was very beautiful with design furnitures, roomy bathroom and a little terrace (maybe too small for a superior room). The only things that we disliked were the air conditioned that you can't adjust the air flow, and the absence of an anti-mosquito device in the room.
The swimmingpool is not so big, but has an amazing view over the sea. The restaurant is very good and romantic! The breakfast is good and rich, too.
We loved the great staff, very kind and patient: they were ready to satisfy every our need.
In short: we highly recommend this hotel!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 29th of August 2010

Beautiful hotel, amazing views

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"My partner and I stayed here for 3 nights whilst driving around the Amalfi Coast. We were blown away by the beauty of the hotel - the rooms are clean and modern yet keeping with the charm and history of the building. We originally booked for a superior sea view room, however when we arrived we asked to see a room with a bigger terrace - we were shown a junior suite and it was well worth the cost of the upgrade. We loved the huge terrace with sunbeds and spectacular view. The hotel is about a 10 minute walk from town - easy on the way down but hard on the way up as there is a lot of stairs. Alternatively you can get a taxi quite easily. The hotel parked our car for us which was 25 Euros a day. The only problem was that it took a long time for them to retrieve it from the car park and we had to ask for it 30 mins in advance. There was also no iron in the room and we had to ask the chambermaids to iron for us, again which took some time. The hotel was definitely the highlight of our trip in Amalfi"

• Travel date: Mon 7th of June 2010

Go there!

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"Excellent view over Amalfi, and breakfast is one of the best we have ever had in a hotel. Staff is very helpful and friendly."

• Travel date: Sat 5th of June 2010

Breathtaking!

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"My husband and I originally intended to stay just one night at this hotel, but soon after arriving decided that this would not be long enough and booked another night. The hotel is absolutely stunning, the position, the views, the history, the styling and the service! I can't rave enough about perfect it was. I am very fussy when it comes to where I stay and where I eat, and this hotel surpassed all expectations.
The decor is simple and elegant, a beautiful blend of old and new - lots of white (which I love) and attention to even the smallest detail.
We had dinner on the terrace overlooking the Amalfi, it was probably the most romantic meal I have ever had.
The service was extremely attentive and personal, which I guess may have had something to do with the fact that the hotel wasn't very busy when we visited - I hope they manage to keep this personal touch once they become busier.
I am sure this hotel will become a favourite of discerning travellers - I know we will be back very soon."

• Travel date: Thu 27th of May 2010

Idylic location, superb service, fantastic staff and experience

Reviewed Tue 11th of December 2012

"We arrived a day early courtesy of the Icelandic "Ash cloud" and BA rethinking their internal Ash Cloud Policy, allowing us to travel a day early without charge, serious vision from someone there! We arrived after a long and convuluted route from Naples without having informed the hotel that we would be a day early as we had 25 minutes to pack and dress in the morning!! Not a flinch or stammer as our bags were taken for us and "thats not a problem sir!", we liked that. The room overlooking Amalfi with a veranda was superb and a pleasure to sit out in the morning and evening quaffing champagne with neighbours and friends that we made in the hotel. We found out that the hotel had only been re-opened for 6 weeks and was in a fantastic condition...all white everywhere and dating back to 1212 with memorabilia everywhere!.
Room was very nice and shower was powerful and hot and bed was scrumptious. Major benefit was that the hotel having been a monastry for so long was so QUIET at night when you were sleeping.
Breakfast gave you everything you could ask for , juices, champagne , freshly baked bread and cakes and fruit and fruit salad and yoghurts and cheese and scrambled eggs local sausages and bacon, you name it., oh and all from an amazing verranda overlooking Amalfi town and the sea.

Snacks were good but expensive for us poor Brits in Europe, the swimming pool was in a fantastic setting and offered amazing views.

Staff were attentive and friendly and really keen to help in any way, would recommend the speed boat to Capri, forget the rest of the offerings and dig out the speed boat!
My wifes birthday was greeted by champagne courtesy of the hotel and the meal in the evening was to die for, with the scallop starter looking more like a Picasso than a meal, (see picture attached).
Would I reccommend this hotel,. wholeheartedly, brilliant experience from start to finish, is it a 5 Star, most emphatically. enjoy!"

• Travel date: Thu 27th of May 2010

Priceless Views, Wonderful Hotel, Great Service

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"We stayed at the Grand Covento di Amalfi (Nh Hotel) to celebrate my wife's birthday. The hotel has only been open for a little over a month. The hotel was spotless, extremely modern, and has great view of the Amalfi Harbor and coast. All rooms come with a view, the breakfast is served in a wonderful dining room or on the monk's terrace. The hotel's manager Fulvia was a delight. She took time to ensure that everything was going well during our stay and she paid special attention to my three year old daughter to make sure that she was comfortable. The only thing that I will warn you about is that the beautiful view comes with a price of about 80 steps (from the harbor below to the road that enters the hotel) and that the bright lights within the room come on automatically whenever someone walks in. That was a problem when my wife went to the gym in the morning and returned while my daughter and I were still asleep. There was no way to easily turn this function off. Needless to say, we woke up suddenly a few mornings when our bright room lights came on when my wife returned from her early morning workout, but we would stay here again in a heart beat."

• Travel date: Wed 26th of May 2010

Fabulous Stay !! Stunning views and amazing property!

Reviewed Fri 14th of December 2012

"I am privileged to be the first to review this fabulous resort after the transformation by NH group. I must say they did a great job converting this into a fantastic luxury resort- with breathtaking views, chic interiors with all the modern comforts but still retaining the architecture of the 12 century monastery. The bedrooms/bathrooms are totally refurbished with new furnitures and fittings - which is great! Public spaces in the compound is so atmospheric and generous; with lemon-tree lined walkway, open air terraces, reading room...The restaurant and bar is tastefully designed and i look forward to breakfast every morning. Every nook and corner is so beautiful for photography...and i took the most amazing sunset photos from my room. I stayed in room 504 - absolutely stunning view from my balcony. Words cant adequately describe my memorable experience...you really have to come here to experience this exquisite property. I would boldly say that my holiday in amalfi was so enjoyable because of my stay in this hotel."

• Travel date: Sun 18th of April 2010