International Hotel Killarney

A warm welcome awaits you at the International Hotel

Good

Would not stay there again

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"I stayed at this hotel for one night, paid €169 for a double room, it was in effect a blatant rip-off for the standard of accomodation provided. The room was very small, the decor was shabby and dated looking, the bed was creaky and sagged in the middle and worst of all the sheets were stained with what looked like blood/red paint of some sort. I had to ring reception to request an iron as it was not provided in the room as advertised. The pictures on the website are very misleading, the hotel is supposed to be renovated but we clearly were not staying in the part that had been. I have stayed in B&B's that were better than this. On one positive note, the location was excellent."

• Travel date: 1st July 2007

Best Hotel EVER

Reviewed 29th November 2012

"This just has to be the best hotel ever. The staff are amazing and I love all of them. Frank, Pat, John, Marie, the list goes on. Every single staff member you met greets you with a hello and a smile. It makes you feel like you are really welcome. The food is always the best, I loved the steak, made the very way I like it. Rooms are beautiful, spacious, clean and comfy. Kerry is so nice, lots to do and this hotel has loads to do in it as well. Gym, sauna, golf simulator and live music each night, we were never bored. Great hotel, cant wait to go back. Ive booked again for July!!!"

• Travel date: 27th April 2007

Well worth a visit

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"My wife and I stayed at the International from apr 20th -22nd, we booked this hotel on the net for a two night stay and we were upgraded to a junior suite as part of a special offer at no extra cost. I have to say the junior suites are fantastic, we had a very large room with a kingsize bed, plasma tv, jaccuzi bath, the whole room was excellent. The staff at the hotel are all really friendly and helpful. As far as food goes the breakfasts are excellent, we also had barfood in hannigans and a meal in the restaurant one evening and these were also top notch. The location of the hotel is spot on for touring etc or just wandering around the town to one of the many bars or restaurants. Although there is no carpark at the hotel there are several public carparks about town, drop into the town hall which is just around the corner from the hotel and you can pay for weekly parking there from between 6-30 euros per week depending on which carpark you use(staff again very helpful). Overall the International is a great place to stay, do yourself a favour and book a suite they are fantastic. trip advisor from dublin."

• Travel date: 22nd April 2007

Loved the International

Reviewed 29th November 2012

"My girlfriend and I stayed at the B/W International Hotel in Killarney for 3 nights. The front desk staff were excellent. The hotel is charming and very nicely decorated. Our room was spotless and very comfortable. Hannigan's pub downstairs was a great spot to end the day. We ate in the dining room twice and the food was excellent. We also had breakfast included in the cost of our stay and had breakfast in the dining room which was excellent. The hotel also offers free internet for their guests in the front lobby of the hotel. Location was perfect.. I can't say enough about this hotel.. if you're in Killarney, the B/W International is the place to stay."

• Travel date: 21st March 2007

Great Spot - Great Golf

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"This is a great place to stay when visiting Killarney - which is a great place to visit. The golf was always good in Kerry but this hotel has an indoor driving range / golf room where you can play loads of well known courses from around the world. 7 of us lads booked in and had our own tournament which rocked and there is a snooker table etc in the room to amuse while waiting for your turn - also, the porters were happy to deliver beer to us all night long!! Other aspects of the hotel were also great, food, location, friendly staff etc all excellent. We loved it."

• Travel date: 1st March 2007

Fantastic weekend base.

Reviewed 4th November 2012

"I booked this hotel for the weekend 9th Feb to 12th Feb 2007 through the internet. First time I have booked in this way and I took a gamble based on the hotels location, the informative hotel website and the fact that I was booking for a party of eleven with different tastes and requirements. Our party was a mixed group with double, twin and single rooms and not one of us had a bad word to say about our stay. Staff were friendly, helpful and informative. The rooms were clean and recently updated and the food was excellent! Breakfast was substantial with a good choice from traditional Irish breakfast, fruit, cereal and various breads and pastries. This kept us all going until our evening meal. The restaurant food is excellent and again we were served very generous portions. (Our party of eleven on Valentines weekend did kind of stand out amongst the couples!) The Hotel is based centrally close to the shops, bars and nightlife. A perfect base from which to explore the local attractions; National Park, Torc Waterfall and also the Ring of Kerry. We also took a trip to Cork and Blarney Castle. None of my party were particularly interested in views from our rooms as we were literally on the go, out and about all day (and most of the night!). Beds were comfortable and the chocolate hearts left on our pillows were a lovely touch. The residents' snooker and TV room was well used by our group after the bar closed and we continued to receive friendly service there. Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Killarney and I would not hesitate in staying there again. The hotel helped to make our first trip to Killarney a memorable experience."

• Travel date: 23rd February 2007

A Stay To Remember

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"Most enjoyable and memorable stay in International Hotel, Killarney .In a well appointed golf room I played a few holes at St Andrews real video of course with sound effects and course map etc. Arranged a golf lesson for me at local championship course in order to correct some minor faults which were identified on the grand round! Wonderful decor Centrally located superior room full Irish breakfast great crack in the bar music sing a long gourmet dinner. left totally refreshed a definite call again welcoming and hospitable staff will call again highly recommended for anyone visiting the beautiful Killarney CP Galway"

• Travel date: 18th February 2007

As usual great weekend

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"Once again the International came up trumps - this is the third time we have stayed in this hotel and rest assured we will be back. We always visit Killarney once a year to break the monotony of the winter months. We have stayed in four different hotels but the International is the only one we have gone back to. There are a number of factors * most important its central location * friendliness of staff * great food - breakfast will keep you going for the day * good bar food if you get peckish during the day * excellent top class restaurant * value for money While the hotel does not have its own car park there is one very close by. Unless you wish to travel out and view the surrounding countryside (which is a must if you visit Killarney), there is no need to move your car for the weekend. The hotel is really central, close to all the night life, close to shopping ( Outlet centre). If you feel like a bracing walk after a night on the town I would recommend you walk to the top of the Torc waterfall - that will clear the cobwebs. This is just one of the walks in a beautiful area waiting to be explored."

• Travel date: 9th February 2007

Wonderful Stay!

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"Stayed here January 5-8 as part of an European Vacation. Interaction with Hotel before Trip: very professional and accomodating Arrival: Welcoem was warm and friendly As a Best Western Diamond guest was upgraded to a 3 Bed Room. Room: Room was OK--The room looked to be on the side of the hotel that has not yet been updated--small room with Hard Beds. Executive Lounge: NA--They did have a great Billiards room for guest which we got a lot of use out of Breakfast: Was Stellar--excellent selection with great service. Customer Service: Wonderful--everyone went out of their way to make sure we were made to feel at home Location: Excellent--right in the city center I would Definitely come back to this hotel again--(trying hard to get the updated rooms though, sdcarver"

• Travel date: 31st January 2007

New Years Eve at The International Hotel

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"Booked the International Hotel over the New Year. When we arrived we noticed there fantastic Christmas lighting almost the entire front of the hotel was covered in lighting. Foyer beautifully decorated with huge Christmas Tree really warm and welcoming. The girls in reception were very friendly and helpful nothing was a problem. We had booked one of the new Exective rooms with Jacuzzi bath and Plasma screen tv fantastic comfy bed. Dinner was included on New Years Eve with Champagne food and service excellent I could go on and on about this hotel as everything from start to finish was exceptional. Looking forward to going back there again. Great time to visit Killarney over the New Year street lighting, ice skating, great addition to the town. Well done all.."

• Travel date: 24th January 2007