Exterior Image

Good

Friendly helpful staff, (who actually sm...

Reviewed 29th July 2007

"Friendly helpful staff, (who actually smiled!), rooms were good size, bedding clean, really comfortable, breakfast was fantastic as was the additional food eaten in the evening, lovely atmosphere, quite busy yet never had to wait for service. Local amenities close to hotel, within walking distance of Galway centre, lots of shops and bars with authentic Irish Celtic music. Other advantage was being able to drive out into the country and visit some of the smaller villages, which was great, beautiful scenery, would highly recommend."

• Travel date: 29th July 2007

Just Okay!!!!

Reviewed 7th November 2012

"Stayed here for a weekend in October 2006. Booked through the hotels website, and got a confirmation back saying that I would get a room with 2 double beds..... I wanted a room with one king size bed, so I eventually got that sorted. When we arrived we discovered that we had in fact been given a room which was designed for wheel chair users, i.e. The bath room was like a wet room, no bath, just a shower which had no tray, just a curtain and a tiled floor, with a grate in it! Glasses in the bathroom were dirty; I was not impressed by that. There was a fridge in our room, which did not work!!! So that was useful!!!! The bed was huge which was good, but I have never tried to sleep in anything so uncomfortable. Tried to sleep was all I did; it was so hard, I couldn't settle in it! The website stated that a daily news paper would be delivered to the room; however it never arrived on either morning!!! Breakfast was the highlight of the stay it was lovely, though the cornflakes were poor quality, obviously a cheap brand. Don’t think we'll be making a return visit to this hotel.!! Disappointing is how I would describe it!"

• Travel date: 18th October 2006

A Great Location Outside of Town

Reviewed 31st October 2012

"We enjoyed our 4-night stay here recently. The hotel is new and very clean with an attentive staff. We were put off by the commercial location at first but the room was absolutely quiet to the outside world. In fact, the location is good because you can walk to shopping nearby and there is a gas station just outside the door. Parking is free and secure. It's about a 20 minute walk to Galway city. You can access many areas of the west by car for day trips."

• Travel date: 16th October 2006

Standard rooms, mediocre restaurant, horrible location

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"There is nothing--absolutely nothing--remarkable or memorable about this place. It's a standard hotel building--"Motel Modern" would be a good description of the style-- located between a traffic circle and a large mall parking lot, providing access to all the junk food you might need when you tire of the uninteresting restaurant on the premises. There is a nearby bus stop offering easy transportation into town if you don't have a car. Taxis into town are not cheap, so if you are not in a hurry and want to save about 10 Euros per trip, consider riding the bus. The staff was pleasant during our stay, but didn't go out of their way, even after we were forced to change rooms because the room we were first given had a window that did not close and faced out onto the smelly and noisy next-door petrol (gas) station. The front desk was understaffed and the people on duty there appeared to be overworked and were too busy to offer anything remotely resembling personalized service. It's an adequate place to sleep on the outskirts of Galway... and that about sums it up."

• Travel date: 2nd October 2006

Very good

Reviewed 28th October 2012

"Nice hotel. 99euro per nite for double bed. Great room, very clean and nice restaurant. 7 euro into eyre square. A bit too far to walk."

• Travel date: 25th September 2006

Okay, A little more would have a lot more of an impact

Reviewed 7th November 2012

"I stayed in this hotel for 4 weeks during July, I felt that although the hotel was new (as are many many others in ireland) my overall stay left me rather unimpressed. Front Desk staff and a rare few other staff where great in terms of service and recognition - bearing in mind i ate there every breakfast, lunch and dinner for the guts of 4 weeks. I found the rest of the staff to be rather lacking in personality. in the Bar and Restaurant the service seemed to be very varible, it was a busy time and as a guest you could see when things where not running so smoothly. Beware of the food. Standards are very varible, and the menu is slightly imaginative when you compare it what you get served. Sadly an all too typical 4 star effort. Pros - Decent Room, Good Front Desk, Walkable to Town, Decent Local Amenities. Cons - Inconsistent food, Petrol Station growing out of hotel (24 hour, gotta love those boy racers at 2am). Cold Senior Staff and Bar Staff"

• Travel date: 23rd August 2006

The perfect tonic!!

Reviewed 15th October 2012

"we booked this last minute for 2 nights bb+ 1 dinner and we absolutely loved it. We both work in hotels so are quite fussy but it is a great hotel for a relaxing break. It is really contemporary design, bedrooms spacious, air con, in room safes, iron + board. We ate in the bar for lunch and one night in the restaurant and the food was really good - i am not a huge fan of hotel restaurants but this was v good - I had the monkfish which was divine - staff very attentive without being over bearing.. The high light of our trip was the 'Absolute Spa' which we used on the saturday and it was very good. - the hot stone massage with Louise is excellent and my partner had the mans indian head massage and the facial and he loved it. Only a 15 min walk into town and euro 6-8 in a taxi - we will definately by back"

• Travel date: 24th July 2006

Great hotel, huge bed

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"My husband and I have just returned from a 2 night stay in the Courtyard Marriott in Galway. We loved the hotel and one of the reasons we picked it was the ease of parking. Other people have criticised the location, but it is only a 15 minute walk from the town centre and no need to worry about finding parking or getting stuck in traffic. The room was lovely and the massive king size bed could have slept 6 people in it!! The fact that the hotel is situated on a roundabout only made it helpful if you wanted to go touring because you are near the road to Connemara and Salthill, so it is ideal base. The only fault I could find with the staff was that they were too efficient, we went up to get our buffet breakfast and they had cleared away our table while we were gone...tea, toast, everything. It was funny though, we held on to our cups for the rest of the time. Everything was replaced immediately with apologies though. I would recommend this hotel without reservation and while we didn't get it as cheap as others, it is high season and I felt it was worth the 129 euro per night for the two of us."

• Travel date: 15th July 2006