Pool

Good
Good

Good size family room, clean, expensive dining

Reviewed 18th November 2012

"Good size family room, clean, very expensive dining, good leisure facilities, cinema and bowling next door good to entertain teenage kids. enjoyable stay ."

• Travel date: 3rd September 2006

poor housekeeping, bit noisey but very nice swimming pool

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"Stayed here for a friday and saturday night in July. Hotel is situated a bit outside of galway so expect to pay up to €15 for a taxi fare into or out Galway City centre. There is a cinema and bowling centre on one side and amain road on other side of the hotel. Both generate late night noise if the window is open in your room. The rooms and common areas of Hotel were clean and modern. The breakfast buffet was busy but the staff were efficient and the food very good. The hotel has an joining leisure centre with a excellent swimming pool. My only problems with this hotel was the room servicing staff entering my room prior to breakfast when there was a "do not disturb" sign on the door (and my partner in the shower!). And same staff subsequently failing to service the room later that morning. Management were apologetic blamed this on a "language barrier" between myself and the cleaning staff. Overall an average hotel with a nice 20m swimming pool/steam room/sauna/jacuzzi centre."

• Travel date: 10th July 2006

Disappointed

Reviewed 9th November 2012

"We (2 adults, 3 young kids) had stayed here a few years ago and had a satisfacroty experience but our return stay was not as pleasant. I had called ahead a few days earlier to enquire if we could check in early as we were arriving from an early morning flight from JFK. They said that our room would be available when we arrived at 9am. But when we got there, no room was available to shower and change. In fact it was not ready until 3:30pm later in the day. Negatives: worn/dirty carpet, radiators not working in the room on a cool April night, old outdated equipment in the gym, advertised spinning classes but ended up all were cancelled during the week we were there, unclean mens changing room. Also, the play room for the kids was much better the last time but has become run down, old broken toys etc., parking was difficult to find some evenings. Positives: Good rate, decent food in the restaurant, pleasant staff, nice pool."

• Travel date: 25th June 2006

Keep Children Under Control

Reviewed 21st October 2012

"Well now. The hotel advertises as a family friendly hotel and it may be a bit to friendly. The weekened I stayed there I was plagued by other guests chidren running amok in every part of the hotel. Chidren were running around chasing each other in the hotel resturant disrupting all the guests who didnt bring children. Same for the lobby area, children running around like a bunch of wild animals playing in the elevators pressing every button and screaming in the corridors to beyong the wee small hours. The bar was full of children at night talking up all the seating, running around, screaming etc. Leaving other guests to leave and site on the sofas in the corridors. Now I'm fully aware that the hotel doesn't "own" these children but the do have a legal responsibility to inform parents to control there kids to prevent injury and to allow other guests to enjoy the hotel in peace. This is where the hotel let themselves down, the children were playing up in front of staff and did nothing, I reported incidents to staff and the did nothing, I made official complaints and the did NOTHING. Family friendly hotel YES, any other type of guest friendly NO... Draw your own conclusions. As for the rooms, location, resturant etc, I dont remember, all I remember is getting into an argument with a group of kids and adults screaming outside my room at 3 AM. What a wonderful experience !!!"

• Travel date: 11th June 2006

Something for everyone.

Reviewed 9th November 2012

"Have just returned from a very relaxing family break in this Galway Hotel it really has something for everyone. I would highly reccomend it for a family break anytime. We have 3 children so the leisure faciilties were super, even have a kiddies pool. Had a massage myself which was great. Bedroom was top class with lovely duvets and great space. Loved the food in both the bar & the restaurant. Children loved the Kiddies Club each evening and the Bowling and Cinema next door was so handy - didnt even have to move the car, bliss ! Great location just outside Galway city, about 10 minutes drive. Would definitely go back again."

• Travel date: 21st May 2006

Perfect family getaway

Reviewed 8th November 2012

"Myself, my husband and my two girls, (7 & 5), have just returned from a mini break in this hotel. We were looking for somewhere to just relax and unwind at the end of the Easter holidays and I must say we found the right place...having read some of the reviews left I have to strongly disagree, from the moment we checked in the staff couldnt have been more helpful. We had a room for 4 which was a very comfortable size, it was very clean with plenty of space for two little girls!! The hotel is extremly good if you are travelling with children, they even got treats and lucky bags as we checked in, the swimming facilities are excellent and children were very welcome even when having a late dinner and a few drinks in the restaurant. I did initially think that the 10 euro price on the breakfast was steep, but children are half price and you get as many helpings of whatever you like and there is lots of choice. Also note that there is an excellent cinema, bowling alley, amusements and a wonderful Thai restaurant located next door so we didnt feel the need to travel into the city at all"

• Travel date: 22nd April 2006

would stay in Galway City next time

Reviewed 2nd November 2012

"This hotel is not within walking distance of anything of interest, and yes it does get noisy very early in the morning, even if you are not on the roundabout side. The staff was disinterested in answering questions in a satisfactory manner. They would not let you use the pool unless you bought a swim cap to put on, yet their brochure shows people in the pool without this ugly attire (could this be false advertising?) The staff always seemed to be rushing you no matter what it was you were doing. Not a relaxing time at all. For more opportunities to sight see etc. I would prefer to stay in Galway City on any future holidays"

• Travel date: 31st January 2006

Lovely part of the country. Shame about the noise!

Reviewed 8th November 2012

"Just returned from 4 nights at the Quality Inn. First night we had a room fronting the roundabout which, as previous posters have said, is very noisy with boy racers and truck horns! We were lucky and managed to move to a room at the back the next morning. However being a family friendly hotel is fine but thin walls and very excitable children in neighbouring rooms do not make for a relaxing holiday. In fact when we tried to relax with treatments in the Spa we were subjected to the noise of beer barrels being rolled the other side of the treament rooms. This lasted for almost an hour and spoiled the effect! We complained to the spa staff but unfortunately there is nothing they can do as they have already complained to the hotel management with no effect. (We found the treatments very good though and the staff helpful) Breakfast was €10 whether you wanted a cooked breakfast or just cereals and toast. (Although the toast was charcoal one side and uncooked the other) On the plus side the hotel was clean if a little in need of renovation. Taxi into the city was less than €15. Galway is a lovely part of the country but if we returned the Quality Inn would not be where we stay."

• Travel date: 2nd September 2005

too $

Reviewed 2nd November 2012

"We were in Ireland to visit friends in Loughrea. Due to the fact that they were moving into a new home, we decided to stay at a hotel. Unfortunately, it was the weekend of the Galway Races and a bank holiday, so many places were sold out. We took a room at the Quality Inn Oranmore. On the positive side: clean rooms, polite staff, nice pool, complimenary breakfast where the baked goods were fresh and tasty. On the negative: rooms were small, aged, and sparse (three people = three towels, but they did deliver more quickly when asked), noise level from the roundabout was very high - no A/C if you closed the window, heavily trafficed area, breakfast "fry" was cold and dry. I think what bothered me most was how the price was inflated for race week. We have been to Ireland dozens of times, and the price charged for this basic hotel rivaled the price of some of Ireland's best. Clean, polite, but extremely overpriced."

• Travel date: 1st August 2005

Nice hotel, shame about the noise!

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"We picked out the hotel in July this year as a 2-day stopover where we would be able to sample the delights of Galway city and use the leisure centre to 'chill out' between daytime shopping and hitting town in the evening. Everything went to plan, with the facilities as advertised and the hotel staff epitomising the charming and helpful approach of almost everyone we met in Ireland. Unfortunately however the hotel fronts onto one of the busiest roundabouts in Ireland, with an added bonus in the form of the locals performing grand-prix stunts in 'suped-up' cars well into the early hours of the morning. There is double glazing but I don't think an airport acoustic barrier would have coped with this level of noise. We did ask for a room change but it seems the place was fully booked My advice is don't choose this hotel if you want sleep, or perhaps limit yourself to just one night."

• Travel date: 20th July 2005