Exterior of our town centre hotel

Good

Best cocktails in town!!

Reviewed 25th December 2012

"Just spent a fantastic weekend at The Ross hotel. The hotel is intimate and stylish and I would highly recommend it. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and catered to every request, the receptionist even recommened an excellent restaurant to us (Lord Kenmare) and made us a reservation! The rooms are spacious and comfortable with everything you could want. (including a decent hairdryer!). The bar serves amazing cocktails which we had plenty of during our stay! It is in a perfect location to explore Killarney and the surrounding area. One small gripe: The room was very warm when we stayed despite the air conditioning! Also I would have liked some maps/information leaflets at reception-but this is just a personal preference."

• Travel date: 13th April 2009

Ross is Superb

Reviewed 5th November 2012

"We stayed in the Ross for one night in March and would highly recommend it. We booked it as they had a great offer for a Friday night stay and in this recessionary times, it worked for me. THe hotel is beautifully decorated in a boutique chic style which we both loved. We have stayed in Killarney before but only ever had lunch here in The Lane Restaurant. As i said, the good rates attracted us to stay. We also ate in Cellar One Restaurant that night. Food was excellent, the ambience really good and the waitresses were lovely! All in all we really enjoyed our stay here, so much so, that we have booked to go back in early May for a two night break. I phoned up to ask about any specials in May and a lovely lady in the Killarney Park (sister hotel) booked me in at April Special Rates for May, seeing that i had stayed here before. I thought this was a very nice gesture and it would certainly make me recommend this place to friends. Would highly recommend this hotel and am confident that our next stay will be as good as the last"

• Travel date: 3rd April 2009

Am looking forward to my next visit already!

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"I have previously stayed in the stunning 5 star Killarney Park Hotel so felt some level of security booking the Ross for a weekend away as they are owed by the same people. We were not disappointed. There are definite advantages of being linked to a 5 star property as you can tell the quality and attention to detail carries through for both hotels. Little details like the Elemis products in the “pink” toilets of the bar illustrate that this is not your standard 4 star hotel. You can tell someone has put a lot of time and thought into the refurbishment of this property. The Ross is very different from all hotels in Killarney. If you know the Dylan in Dublin you will be on the right track, very modern and funky. Check-in was swift & friendly. Rooms were spotless, with excellent beds. The problem is trying to get out of them the next morning as they are so comfortable! The hotel is located in the centre of Killarney so the whole town and the National Park are on your doorstep. Service throughout was excellent, always friendly and efficient. We ate in the restaurant one night and food was top quality with a great wine list. I definitely recommend the Baked Alaska for dessert! We sampled a number of cocktails in the bar and all were great. Breakfast was also top notch, the scrambled eggs were particularly delicious! The hotel doesn’t have a pool but you have access to the Killarney Park’s leisure facilities just across the road. I think this hotel is the best four star in Killarney, if not the country and offers superb value for money. Am looking forward to my next visit already!"

• Travel date: 3rd March 2009

Trendy trendy trendy - restaurant and bar

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"First off, just to say that I didnt actually stay in the hotel. I was staying in the Killarney Park hotel which is its sister hotel down the road (excellent 2nd stay here - all it was before - see review - plus special mention to the nicest breakfast I think - so fresh and freshly prepared and the very good breakfast service - 5 star service in this hotel again - ). Was recommended to try the Ross for our dinner. We did and we really really enjoyed it. The Cellar restaurant is gorgeous! I think the decor is the nicest I have seen in a restaurant. So trendy, so vibrant with its pinks and greens and loud colour and lights. But plush at same time. We were having a meal for 2, but there were also large groups there on nights out and it would be great for good night out for an occasion also. It was so my style of place. And the food was divine. Great menu. Lots of nice seafood which I love. and really great friendly and efficient service. will definately be back there again on my next visit. After dinner, made our way to the bar - again a nice trendy cocktail style bar. Had a quick look in the hotel lobby and it seems the same sense of style prevails throughout the hotel. I'd say younger people would just love this hotel for the style alone. I hope to stay here if I can soon."

• Travel date: 1st March 2009

Had a fabulous time!

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"We left Paris for a few days to breathe some good sea air and were recommended the Ross by some English friends. We not only had a fantastic holiday but the hotel was more than we expected in terms of friendliness, stylishness and great food. THis is just to thank all the members of staff, if they ever look at this site, for a great time and tell you we will be back very soon!"

• Travel date: 12th February 2009

Wonderful bar food

Reviewed 25th December 2012

"We stayed at the Ross Hotel in Killarney last week and had a fabulous time. We were blown away by the food, particularly the bar food, which was excellent. Loved the decor and the really friendly staff who couldn't do enough for us. Have been singing their praises to friends and family since we returned."

• Travel date: 12th February 2009

A gem of a hotel

Reviewed 5th November 2012

"To beat the January blues I deceided to plan a weekend trip away in Ireland. I had been to Killarney once before and Stayed in the Killarney park its an amazing hotel but since work were not paying this time I wanted something more in my price range. The reviews on the ross talked about it being a boutique hotel. So I thought Id give it a try as when you think of Killarney you don't normally think of Boutique hotels. The minute I walked in however I knew this hotel was something totally different. The lobby looked like something you would find in New York or London. Very contemporary and stylish with muted electric greens and pinks. I ended up having a good chat with the lady at reception. She was from Killarney so she filled me in on where to go and what to do during the weekend. I was amazed that a stylish hotel like this would have such a friendly lady at the reception and every time I walked in I was met by a big smile and a warm hello. My room was large and clean and the beds had that lovely crisp cotton feeling. They also had a flat screen tv and a large ensuite. I had thought of killarney to be an expensive town so I was very happy with the quality of the room and the price I paid. I went downstairs to check out the rest of the hotel but stopped in the first room a pink and green room with stylish designs. The nice thing was that it had a fire and a coffee table with books, so even though the room was very stylish I still felt very comfortable sitting in front of the fire reading a book. I could see some of the restaurant downstairs and the minute I saw the Paul smith looking striped chairs I knew thats where Id have dinner. I was very happy with my choice. The food was a good mix of irish and international flavours with lots of seafood so i was happy. I got up early on saturday to walk muckross national park. i got great weather and the lakes looked stunning. I really loved the park and will definitely come back to it. Next time I want to see torc waterfall too. I got back tot he hotel tired and hungry so I was happy to see the bar did food. I have a very tasty and large portion of tapas with a pint of guinness. Perfect. That night I met a group of Killarney friends for dinner in the Bricin. Great spot with lovely boxty. I was surprised at the end of the meal when my friends told me we where going back to my hotel for drinks. Turned out that the hotel bar is a popular cocktail bar. The bar like the rest of the hotel was super stylish and I even had a cocktail myself. The music was good and importantly not too loud. I also liked the fact that it was a good mix of locals and tourists like myself. If you find locals in a spot you know your in the right place. We went on to a night club around the corner where again I was surprised by peoples friendliness. A bit different from Dublin. On Sunday I had a swim in the pool across the road. It belongs to the sister hotel I had staying in before. I was the only one in the pool and found it very relaxing. I got the train home on Sunday night and have since decided that I will most definitely be back. I will not be changing hotels as gems like this are hard to find in Ireland."

• Travel date: 11th February 2009

Could be better

Reviewed 9th October 2012

"The hotel is new and clean, but there is a lot to change. First of all food- which is disgusting, particularly in the bar. Tastes like food from microwave!! And soups are too salty. The other thing is the staff, weird woman by the reception smiling fake- Leonor I think. She was very annoying. Later we found out that she is some kind of supervisor. Although staff was generally friendly and helpfull. Rooms are nice and cosy. It was loud during the night, we were tired so we fell asleep but when booking ask for a room on higher floor-might be quieter."

• Travel date: 26th January 2009

best hotel i have ever stayed in.

Reviewed 15th October 2012

"stayed 3 nights in this excellent hotel for my sons birthday . from the moment we arrived we relaxed.everyone from management to housekeeping were brilliant friendly&nothing was too much trouble.the room was big&clean even with an extra childs bed.we are returning again in November for our anniversary we wouldn't stay anywhere else"

• Travel date: 6th November 2008