Boudouriani House

Troulos, Troulos 370 02 Greece

Good

Boudouriani made our first visit to Skiathos perfect

"From the moment we arrived at the apartments we felt this was just what we had been hoping for on our first visit to Skiathos. Christos welcomed us and showed us to our room, Sophia does all the preparation in the daytime for the delicious, generous, poolside snacks and Ilias was the perfect host at the bar in the evening. The main thing that attracted us to the apartments was the greenspace around the pool rather than just concrete and this certainly made a difference to the feel of the place. We were given a studio for 3 and this had plenty of room and all areas were kept spotlessly clean. The kitchenette was equipped with the basics and towels and bedding changed twice a week. Full credit must also be given to Stephanos and Cremmar? for keeping all areas clean and tidy and always smiling. Can I think of anything negative to say about these apartments? No - out of all the apartments we have stayed in on Greek islands I would say these were the best and mainly due to the fact that this is run by a Greek family who take great pride in ensuring their guests are well looked after."

• Travel date: Sat 26th of June 2010

Simply great

"If you're looking for a relaxed holiday then the Boudouriani is definitely the place to go in Skiathos.

10 minutes away from the centre itself, it is far enough away to be removed from the bustle of some of the other resort areas but within easy reach of Skiathos Town and other notable areas such as Koukounaries Beach. At the same time, it is just a 5 minute walk from the wonderful Troulos beach (complete with hungry Terrapins) and 3 local supermarkets for your morning papers and fresh bread. Also within the same short distance are a number of highly rated restaurants, all non-pushy and retaining the old school Greek style.

Boudouriani itself is a relatively small group of apartments. The rooms are immaculately kept and are of a larger style than one would typically expect from a Greek holiday apartment. The highlight of the place though is the atmosphere provided by the hosts - Christos, Sophia and Ilias are friendly and welcoming people and it was a delight to spend time with them.

Most people we met were in wholehearted agreement, the majority were return visitors including one couple who were on their 15th return visit. And now we've joined them... the place was so lovely that we booked a return visit within 3 days of being back home in the UK.

In summary: Very relaxed, very friendly and very accommodating. The Boudouriani is a perfect base from where to explore Skiathos and has all you will need for a perfect holiday. I can't give a higher recommendation."

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of June 2010

Fantastic holiday.

"This is my first time to the island of Skiathos and loved every moment of it. I stayed in Troulos in the Boudouriani Apartments.The apartments are in a great position close to the beach,taverna's and supermarkets. The bus stop is close by and the buses are a really great way to get about. Cheap and mostly on time every half hour. The Boudouriani is very clean and well equiped for self catering.The owners Christo's and Sophia are very friendly and run the bar serving snacks and drinks in the day. Ilias,their son runs the bar in the evening and he is equally as friendly and fun and speaks very good English. Nothing is too much trouble for them they are honest and approachable.Enjoyed the holiday and the Boudouriani so much that I have already booked to return next May! Highly recommended but be quick to book,it sells out fast."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of June 2010

Great Location, Lovely Apartments

"This was the 5th time in a row we'd been to Troulos, staying in several different apartments. This was our first experience of the Boudourianni and I have to say we were very impressed.
The pool area is fantastic, really clean, and surrounded by lovely greenery. They have really luxurious sunbeds and parasols.
The rooms are basic Greek standard, which is all you need on a stay like this. They were kept clean and linen was changed a couple of times a week.
Don't listen to anyone who tells you they were kept awake by road noise. We were fairly close to the road and although you can hear the odd coach go past it's really not noticable, and those of you who have visited Skiathos before will know it's not exactly overcome with traffic. We were occasionally woken up by the donkey in the field behind our apartment, but this was more funny than irritating.
The apartments are in a great location, close to bus stop into Skiathos Town and about 5/10 minute stroll to the beach. There are several bar/tavernas close by and you're spoilt for choice with 4 supermarkets all within 10 minute stroll of the apartment complex.

We love Skiathos and would definately stay at these apartments again without hesitation"

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of March 2010

Absolutely lovely

"Just arrived back from our stay in Boudouriani apartments. Everythng excellent from the room, the location, to the pool and the grounds Boudourani is set in. Most of all is the hospitallity we received from the owners Christos and Sopia, and their son who ran the pool bar on the evenings. Nothing was too much trouble and they really went out of their way to ensure that everything was always alright, and genuinly cared. If star ratings were done on service and hospitality this would definately be 5*. Travelling alone wiht my 10 year old daughter I also felt totally safe at all times. The accomodation set back of the raod between two bus stops (2 mins walk either side), and there were plenty of lovely tavernas to eat in in the evenings. Overall a really lovely holiday that I would highly recomend to anyone looking to stay in the area."

• Travel date: Sun 30th of August 2009

Boudouriana House Apartments, Troulos

"My 13 yead old daughter and I had a wonderful holiday at the Boudouriani Apartments. These apartments are family run and our stay couldn't have been more special. The sunbeds and the pool area are luxourious. The beach was ony a 5 minute walk away and the the bus stop are 2 minutes to either take a trip to the lovley Skiathos Town or Koukanaries beach. We will definitely be returning!"

• Travel date: Wed 26th of August 2009

Basic but good

Good

"This was a short notice holiday. We travelled with Thompsons and felt well informed about our accomodation - near to road, basic standard of accomodation, close to bus stop, several restaurants and lovely beach nearby. There were no surprises, it's a fair description. We soon got used to the road, I don't like road noise but I never felt this was a problem. We stayed in a 2 bedroomed unit. The rooms were basic, just enough space for the beds and a small wardrobe, if you want 'space' you'll be disappointed. Our kitchen area allowed for preparing a simple breakfast and cold snacks, I wouldn't have chosen to cook a family meal there. When in residence (which wasn't often) we eat and lounged on the small balcony. The cleaner came in most days to do basic tidying and sheets were changed mid-week. Each room has some drying space which is useful for beach stuff (bring your own beach towels).
The bus service is a very short stroll away and Troulos beach - just up the road - is lovely. There are quite a few resturants in the area, we particularly liked the one at The Troulos Bay Hotel and the Nectar and Ambrosia (upstairs a few yards away opposite The Victoria). We hired a car because we wanted to explore other beaches off the beaten track, to visit the pretty town of Skaithos as we chose, and to go to the Monastry. You could have a good holiday though without your own wheels. Also parking at the Boudouriani can be tricky as there is little space there for cars and parking on the road is not ideal.
The Boudouriani has a dedicated group of returnees who love the place. There were quite a few there during our stay, the atmosphere was friendly and jokey around the pool and bar. The owner and his family work hard to keep everything in good order and serve nice simple bar meals. they were firendly but inobtrusive. Do book the Greek Night that they organise - good food, good atmosphere, lovely dancing. The pool area is nice and very clean but we did not swim there once as the sea was so lovely.
I do not like bar noise when I'm trying to sleep, On our 1st night I settled with my book at 11.30 - windows open as it was hot - and waited for the music from the Boudouriani's bar to stop. Music and laughter wafted up until about 2ish. The bar closes when everyone has left, anything between 11.00 and 2.00 while we were there. From then on we slept late and stayed down until about 1.00am. We met some nice peole and enjoyed a low key social atmosphere. Troulos is not a magnet for lager louts. In general visitors are at the older end of the spectrum on the entire island.
Other noise in the Troulos area included, barking dogs, braying mules, competing cockrels, and farm machinery - we just got used to it, even missed it after we left!
There is air con at an extra charge - thomsons said 8 euros per day in their info, but I heard Christos tell someone it was 6. We managed without but it was hot on a couple of nights.
Would we go there again? We would certainly go to Troulos and I wouldn't mind going to the Boudouriani. My husband who sleeps through any noise would certainly go again. On balance though I think I'd try to find an accomodation with better soundproofing between bedroom and bar. But would I have as enjoyable a holiday? I'm not sure."

• Travel date: Fri 3rd of July 2009

Simply the best - bliss

"Position is ideal between Troulos Bay (5 mins stroll max) and restaurants. Bus stops nearby for Skiathos Town. Supermarket, car hire, pharmacy very near. 'Main' road isnt a problem (even for a traffic noise phobic like me). Beautiful gardens, wonderful pool and sunbeds area, really good pool bar - Cristos and Sophia are the ultimate hosts who are attentive but leave you to chill. Sophia's food is excellent. Subtle, not not blaring music in bar area. Rooms are extremely clean, cleaned every day. Basic but with aircon. Only mild criticism is no oven - but who wants to bake on holiday, especially with Sophia's breakfasts, etc? Very very good find and we will be going back in September. Relaxed, chilled break where location makes it easy to reach everything. If you want to rave it up or boogie down, don't go there. Bliss......."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of May 2009

Fantastic, friendly and fun!

Good

"Stayed for a week with my boyfriend (26 & 32 yrs). We booked this last minute and I'm really pleased we stayed here. Skiathos is great if like Greece but aren't into clubbing and prefer a quieter more relaxed and less alcohol-fuelled break. The apartment was clean, quite spacious, in a fantastic location, great access to tavernas, very little noise even though it is on a main road, serves good food and a fantastic selection of drinks at the bar - great value, great service. the only thing I would change/suggest is that the owners invest in air-conditiong. Fans are available at a fee but would be a good investment. The previous year I had stayed near Aghia Paraskevi at the Marialena which was great (with air-con but it was 15-20 minute walk into Aghia Paraskevi) but the Boudouriani was so much better beacuse of the service and location. Well worth considering if you like Troulos."

• Travel date: Fri 28th of July 2006

Great relaxing time

"What a fantastic place , rooms really clean , friendly family and Ilyas is a top barman who looks after you very well, good location as well , 6 of us went in all and we were made to feel welcome and looked after nothing was a problem for the family.
The rooms are clean and basic but its got everything you need. Great location to local tavernas and supermarket the beach is only a short 5 minute walk as well.
The only little moan I have is the cockrel next door waking us up in the morning and the road can be noisy , but oh well !

All in all a fantastic holiday !"

• Travel date: Mon 1st of August 2011

"Just stopped at Boudouriani for the 4th time in 5yrs, what a wonderful place. Easy to get to, Christos and Sofia are superb hosts, and make you welcome like old friends. Nothing is to far from this place, lovely tabernas all near by, the beach just a stones throw away. Best beach on the island we think is Kolios, bus stop 15, down the hill a little and turn right. The daily visits by the 2 geese are the highlight of the day. If you have walking problems, like we do, then this place is brilliant, flat, and everything accessible with no problems. "

• Travel date: Sun 21st of June 2009

Bliss

"Going so early in May (5th for a week)meant not all restaurants were open but there was still plenty of choice together with few people on the beaches.

These are old pics and the poolside now has swish dark rattan furniture and sun beds with cream cushions - the whole area looks a million dollars.

Rooms - very basic and would have liked a bath but very clean and good size with aircon. Small kitchen area with Fridge, electric rings, toaster, kettle. Lovely little balcony overlooking pool area. When I mentioned that a light bulb had blown in the room, it was replaced by the time I had eaten breakfast.

Pool area - what can I say. One of the best, cleanest and most comfortable I've been in. Entry by pool steps. Complete sun trap.

Large grass and flower gardens with trees and shrubs. Beautifully kept.

Pool bar and snack area - again very good. Food is consistently good, especially breakfasts, spaghetti,salads.

Reception - small area with book swap and toilets and showers as well as safe boxes.

Road - Not a problem, even though the facility is right on the road. We were in Room 21 which I suspect is the nearest to the road and I HATE road noise.

Beach - Troulos. Relaxed 10 min stroll to beach which we thought was nicer than Koukanaries or Banana beaches. Beach restaurant/bars, sunbeds. Quite small. Amazing view.

Buses - bus stops yards from apartments either to Koukanaries or Skiathos Town. Taxis going back to Skiathos Town stop and offer cheap fare into Town. Barter with them.

Supermarket/papers etc - nearestliterally just down the road a few yards and more a little further on.

Hosts - Cristos and Sophia are superb. Make you feel like old friends very quickly. Their son also helps out in the evening. Nothing is too much trouble. Sophia is a very good cook and will adapt the menu for fussy eaters like me if you dont like this or that. They made the whole week very relaxed and easy, especially as this was our first Greek experience.

Skiathos scenery is stunning. We will definately be going back probably early season as we did this time or late season, end of Sept. A must.

• Travel date: Mon 25th of May 2009

Hotels near Boudouriani House

Stayed at Boudouriani House? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Boudouriani House

• SophieG by SophieG

"Varelli(?) just up the road/family fish restaurant up slope old Skiathos town "

• Tim and Sarah Johnson by Tim and Sarah Johnson

"All the tabernas are suber, Syrtaki, Paradisio, Appolossa, wonderful food. "

Boudouriani House is also called