Skiathos Princess Hotel

About Skiathos Princess Hotel

• babysitting

So sorry

Reviewed 23rd August 2012

"We have stayed at this hotel for the last 5 years and it was our last time. So disappointed. Sad that they don't treat their regular clients a bit better!! The hotel has deteriorated over the last two years. "

• Travel date: 23rd August 2012

glad to be back in our own bed

Reviewed 8th November 2010

"We had 2 weeks at this hotel in June 2010 we were never told it was also a wedding venue not that we have any objects re weddings the thing i do object to is being kept awake until 4 and 5 o clock in the mornings with music and drunken party goers We had that 6 nights out of the 14 nights there .And the management couldnt have cared less.If we had wanted a 18 /30 holiday i would have booked one. Food most nights not up 5 star standard altough located was excellent"

• Travel date: 30th October 2010

My boyfriend and I just returned from a ...

Reviewed 28th May 2008

"My boyfriend and I just returned from a great holiday at the Skiathos Princess. The hotel was lovely, right on a sandy beach and the pool area was especially nice - and quiet too as May is the start of the season - no need to get up early to get a sunbed! The rooms were clean and the food was good. We managed to tear ourselves away from sunbathing and did a day trip involving a cruise round the island and over to mainland Greece, which we really enjoyed. You can easily catch a bus or get a taxi from outside the hotel to get out and about. We got a taxi to the town a few times for cocktails and a walk round the shops. The only downside was that the Euro exchange rate isnt too good at the moment so things like drinks in the hotel are pricey. We didnt really mind though cos we were on our holidays! All in all a lovely holiday, didn't want to come home! "

• Travel date: 28th May 2008

Fantastic place...

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"After reading a number of bad reviews about the hotel, I was shocked when I arrived! It was absolutely beautiful, the hotel had a lovely fresh feel about it.. Our room was immaculate and had amazing views over the lovely hotel gardens and the sea. The service in the resturant was faultless, they made us feel so relaxed. I am a fussy vegetarian and dont usually like the hotel buffet style foods but the spread was delicious, and what I liked most of all was every night they cooked something different fresh in front of you.. pasta, tortilla's, fish etc. Breakfast was just as brilliant, only thing I would say is eat inside in the mornings if you can as the wasps are out in force, at night it is fine! Unfortunately on our first whole day there, there were terrible fires in the area and we were evacuated from the hotel. Luckly our hotel was untouched but it has had a dramatic effect on the scenery around the resort :( We saw the huge scale of the devastation when we done a boat trip around the island which I would definately recommend!! The beach is gorgeous, one day as we were walking down we saw dolphins, quite away out but was lovely. The only moan I would have about the beach is you have to pay for the sunloungers 8 euros and you would have thought if you were a guest staying at the hotel they would free or be at a discounted price. The resort is very quiet but was just what we wanted, couple of nice taverna's for cocktails, make sure you walk down the back roads as there are more taverna's to be found. We only went into Skiathos Town one night, the bus was to busy so we got a taxi. The town was buzzing, had lovely meal right on the water front. Shops are all the samey so to speak but there are lots of contemporary bars is great, bit pricier but worth it just to people watch! I loved the place, just wish I could have rented a jeep and explored the island more.."

• Travel date: 23rd July 2007

Beautiful setting

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"Worth a visit! We read lots of very poor reviews about this hotel which very nearly put is off but we are so glad we went ahead and booked! This is perfect for a quiet getaway! The hotel is tastefully decorated and although the deluxe room we had booked was a tad basic, by Greek standards, we thought it was perfectly adequate. The beach is beautiful and very clean. The hotel sun loungers are very comfortable, although there is a small charge for the loungers on the beach - worth the money though for the comfort! The staff were very friendly and we found the food to be delicious and plenty of variety and also, plenty of it. The hotel is located in a quiet area but a 10-15 minute ride on the local bus which passes at 15 minute intervals, takes you into beautiful Skiathos Town with it's array of cosmopolitan bars and restaurants - a real find! I would not hesitate about recommending this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxed getaway on a very beautiful and quite unspoilt island."

• Travel date: 19th July 2007

Wonderful Holiday

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"We had heard bad reports about this hotel so we weren't expecting much. When we arrived we were pleasantly surprised. It is a lovely modern hotel. Our room was large with a lovely terrace. The bathroom was very large. The service was good and the food was excellent. This is a good 3* plus hotel not a 5* but saying that we had a great time and would go back."

• Travel date: 23rd June 2007

Definitely not 5 star standard

Reviewed 23rd December 2012

"Stayed at the Skiathos Princess for a family holiday, had 4 rooms in total (10 of us all together, including two children under 3yrs old). The hotel is clean and the deco was nice, however, it was the money was not worth spent and it is definitely not 5 star service. All four rooms had problems: 1. The air conditioning was broken in one room (but they did move us to a new room) 2. The telephone line was broken in 2 of the rooms (the phone was quite important to us as we had to communicate and arrange meeting times between the whole family). We told the reception about the broken phone line, they told us they'll fix it but never bothered coming over. 3. Rooms were missing amenities. Some room did not have toilet paper (which we also told the reception, and they didn't bother bring any until the next day!), blanket (which they didn't bother bring us at all), beach towel and bathroom mat. Other then the problems encountered in the rooms, we also had the problem with the facilities in the hotel: 1. The swimming pool does not have enough umbrellas and sun lounges, forcing us to go to the hotel beach (which had plenty of umbrellas and sun lounges). While we were happily sun bathing, a guy came over and request us to PAY 8euros for one umbrellas & 2 sun lounges!!! The guy worked for the hotel and he said we can put it on our room if we want! THERE WERE NO SIGN SAYING THAT THE UMBRELLA & SUN LOUNGES COST MONEY AT ALL! and I've never been to a 5 star hotel that charges you for their sun lounges. 2. The bar was also disappointing. I, unfortunately found a fly in my Mojito (i've drank half of it already!!!). The bar staff offered to give me a new one for free but around 11pm, the bar staff called my brother and requested him to sign for the entire bill AGAIN. So, not have I drank a Mojito with fly in it, I've been double charged for all the drinks consumpted that night!!! We file a complaint at the hotel reception and all they said was they'll look into it. We just left it at there as we didn't want to ruin our holiday mood. I wouldn't have minded if the hotel did charge so much money per night, but for the money paid, I expect better!!!"

• Travel date: 17th June 2007

Not a 5* hotel

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"This hotel claims to be 5 Star, and I admit when I first walked in, I was impressed. However on getting to room, I was dissapointed, as it was very basic indeed, and the furniture was quite worn. The food was also very basic, and was much the same for most of the 2 weeks I was there. However, we went on last week in May, and on the last 3-4 days, food improved, and there was more choice - I guess they don't bother off season. At the same time, they then put new furniture in our room, 3 days before leaving! On one day, we were unable to shower, as the water was coming out brown, and when we complained, we were told this happens when water tank runs out - not what you expect from a 5* hotel."

• Travel date: 14th June 2007

Superb refurbishment

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"We have just returned from a wonderful stay at the Skiathos Princess hotel. The only problem was cloudy weather and rain at night ! This hotel was closed for a season to be totally refurbished and what a success. Room decor was excellent and the deluxe rooms very large as are the balconies and bathroom, with only a small extra charge Sadly beds are VERY hard, please change mattresses! Reviews I read before leaving had worried me but I could not believe it was the same hotel as some of the comments. All the staff were friendly, helpful and professional. The restaurant was run superbly and spotlessly clean. Food was excellent, perhaps more fresh fruit at breakfast the only comment.They have introduced a No Smoking policy in the dining room this year - good news-lovely bar area. Hotel right on beautiful beach, unfortunately hotel sunbeds on beach have a charge even for residents! Surely a hotel key could be shown for a free sunbed? The Best part of the hotel is superb sunbeds, huge and very comfy with towelling covers on mattresses. I hope these sunbeds survive as staff did not bring mattresses in when it rained and they took a long time to dry out-Please don't spoil these wonderful assets! It was also good to see the owner and manager eating in the restaurant !"

• Travel date: 29th May 2007

Not good value for money

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"A four-star hotel masquerading as a five-star (and charging five-star prices), in a good location. Accommodation excellent, as are lounge areas, but a disappointing dining-room operated by friendly and well-meaning staff who are in need of some extra training. The hotel compares unfavourably with other five-star hotels in the Greek Islands, where we have had better experiences. The Skiathos Princess is overpriced, and as overrated as the island on which it is situated."

• Travel date: 29th May 2007

excelent hotel

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"We stayed for a week at the Princess hotel at the end of August and had a really good relaxing holiday. We have been to several Greek islands but this was our first visit to Skiathos. The hotel is well situated on a small but beautiful beach. The hotel is very clean, staff friendly & welcoming and meals were buffet style and plentiful. I read several reviews on this site before we went and they were really helpful. I must agree about the size of the small pool for such a big hotel. We didnt even try to get a sunbed but instead went to the beach which was great. We also hired a 4x4 for a couple of days and headed off over the hills to the north of the island to see some of the beautiful scenery & coves. If you like to watch the sunset, then head off toward Aghia Eleni small beach.The bus stops just outside the hotel if you want to travel the short distances to other beaches. Skiathos town is a good place to walk about, shop, and there are some really nice tavernas. It's really nice to go into town early evening for a drink at the old harbour front and watch the excursion boats arrive back. There is also a good taverna on the beach near the Princess hotel. Overall, we had a wonderful relaxing week and we hope to return to Skiathos next year."

• Travel date: 6th May 2007

Great Hotel on a Great beach location

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"Just returned to England after spending a wonderful time at the Skiathos Princess hotel. This was a first class hotel situated right on a wonderful sandy beach. The food at the hotel was excellent, the service first class, the staff friendly, from the manager down to the waiters, all helping to make our holiday a wonderful experience. When we booked this hotel in England, we told the travel agent that we wanted a holiday comprising a good hotel situated on a nice beach. We actually got a fabulous hotel on a wonderful beach. Sometimes things don't quite work out, you spend a lot of money looking forward to a holiday which when it comes does not live up to expectations. But this holiday was the best. If you're looking for a deluxe class hotel on a prime beach location then this is it."

• Travel date: 30th August 2006