timeshare scammers

Reviewed Tue 5th of February 2013

"Nostos is owned by Zoe, a local lady and with her son Andonis run Nostos in Skiathos and Crete.
They employ timeshare sales people and touts on the streets.
they sell a 3-5 year rci membership pack for about 4000 euros, the fact is they do not enrol you to rci at all until you take your first holiday at nostos, then they try and take another 12'000 euros off you.
It is a big scam, the resort in skiathos is run down and out dated,
The hotel seems to be run by a very camp waiter called George, who is hated by the staff as he bullied them a very smarmy man indeed. the bar staff are friendly and the are mostly eastern european but they are treated like dogs.
talking to some of the timeshare staff they never get paid either!
STAY AWAY FROM THESE SCAM MERCHANTS..THEYA RE CON ARTIST...IN THE NICEST POSSIBLE GREEK WAY!"

• Travel date: Wed 17th of December 2008

" Great place to relax and unwind "

Reviewed Fri 1st of February 2013

"We had a most enjoyable week as the weather was always warm
in the early 30's. Our first bungalow we were given was very old which desperately needed upgrading , but after serious complaining we were given a refurbished bungalow on our 2nd
day which was pleasant enough to make our holiday enjoyable.
< why do they persist in giving visitors these crummy bungalows which is only fit for peasants ?????? >. The food served in the
dining room and the taverna was always good and well presented. The staff was obliging at all times. The swimming pool is great , but remember to bring your own beach towel as these are not provided. Will recommend this holiday to everyone
providing they are allotted hotel or upgraded rooms."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of October 2008

Loved it!

Reviewed Mon 7th of January 2013

"I visited Nostos Village last year together with my husband and my in-laws whom had travelled from Australia.
I had read the reviews posted on this site prior to going and have to say that I arrived with a little trepidation in my heart. However, I have to say that our stay proved these reviews entirely wrong. The accommodation (we had a suite), was the nicest that I have stayed in in Greece and I've visited various islands - it was clean and very well appointed.
The staff were all extremely helpful whenever we had need of their service and the beach taverna was delightful. The food was wonderful and the staff were extremely friendly.
Maybe we were just lucky, but I felt compelled to offer my positive view of this experience."

• Travel date: Sat 9th of February 2008

Nostos Village is a dump

Reviewed Mon 7th of January 2013

"Our week at Nostos Village was booked by my friend in South Africa who flew all the way to Greece as it was somewhere she had wanted to visit her whole life. But what a disappointment. While we would recommend Skiathos Island as a whole, Nostos Village is an embarrassment. Although nearly empty, we were given two very shabby "bungalows" (ie room with kitchenette) right next to the cable car which ran morning to night. It was noisy and privacy was zero - our small balcony overlooked the cable car which meant everyone couldn't help but see us - we were about six feet away!! When we asked to change rooms the reception staff were unhelpful and rude. We could not understand their problem, when there were so many other rooms available. All we were asking for was to be moved away from the cable car, not to be upgraded. We eventually moved, but it cost us half a day of our holiday, and a lot of energy to stick to our guns with the unpleasant management. Walking through the labyrinth of bungalows, some were quite derelict and a health and safety issue. A great shame, because once renovated this might be a good location again, but unless they change the attitude of the management they aren't going to get very far. To end on an upbeat note, the beach is good as is the food at the taverna (and staff were friendly), and Skiathos the island is worth a visit."

• Travel date: Wed 2nd of January 2008

peaceful Nostos village

Reviewed Tue 1st of January 2013

"We recently stayed at the Nostos village as part of out time share options.Yes the accomadation is slightly lower standard than those of Spain, however the resort is peaceful and quiet. The staff in the hotel section were always friendly and acted on any request we made.
There are time share salesmen on the resort but if its made clear that you are not interested they leave you alone.
There are a lot of steps however the resort does have a furnicular lift system to get you from the hotel to the beach and although on the odd occasion broke down worked for the better part of our stay.
The staff in the restaurants especially the manager, around at breakfast to the end of the evening was extremely friendly and looked after our every need. I cannot praise the staff better.
We understand thet the units are to be upgraded at the end of the season so someone else can report next year.
Its may not be the best accomadation but set in woodland, hardly visible from the beach it is well worth the stay"

• Travel date: Fri 7th of September 2007

Skiathos is beautiful but beware the nostos sales reps!!

Reviewed Wed 5th of December 2012

"Although we didnt stay at the Nostos hotel i still feel i should warn other travellers about what we encountered! Myself and my boyfriend stayed at the Poseidon apartments, which we would definitely recommend by the way!On our way to the beach one day we were stopped by a sales rep at the side of the road who chatted to us and asked us to pick out a ticket from a bag!When we did we were advised we had one a 'free' holiday and to claim it we had to go to the Nostos hotel and listen to a 90 minute presentation and then tell our friends back home about the hotel. They arranged a taxi for us!Like fools we went!When in fact when we arrived it was more like a 3 hour chat trying to convince us to sign up to their timeshare program and hand over €5,000!!Although they denied it was timeshare from the start!They almost bullied us into signing up, but we said no and left shortly after!We missed a full day at the beach to listen to their waffle!Anyone else who encounters these sales reps in Skiathos pelase dont waste your time believing them and go enjoy the beach instead!! This was our only bad experience in Skiathos! It is a beautiful place and highly recommended!!"

• Travel date: Tue 26th of June 2007

Very poor

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"There are so many other lovely places to stay on Skiathos - don't bother with Nostos Village! The rooms are stuck in a time warp, very very basic, with poor standard of furnishings and equipment. The steps around the resort will make it difficult for anyone with the slightest mobility problems - beware.
Nostos Suites (currently being pushed by the timeshare touts) are apparently somewhat better than the 'village' rooms, but have not seen these, so can't comment. Views from around the resort are superb but really this is all it has going for it!
Try La Luna, Beltsios etc instead for real Greek hospitality with great rooms."

• Travel date: Sun 17th of June 2007

The other side of the story

Reviewed Sun 2nd of December 2012

"My wife and I did fall for the time share lot and yes we may not do it again. However I feel people are so pushed by the time share people that they miss the finer points of Nostos.
As Greece goes the accomodation is excellent, the small number of staff are excellent and over the past 4 or 5 years my wife and I have become friends with many of them.
Day and Night the views are trulysuperb from the balcony or pool area.
Nostos has proven a great central point for our Skiathos holidays, it is near so many great beaches and eating places, try infinity Blue..

So dont be put off by the time share people just say you already have one.

But Nostos is great. (Relaxing)"

• Travel date: Tue 17th of April 2007

yeah beware of the kidnappers!!

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"Yes they were handing out scratch cards just as we got out of our car heading to Banana Beach....you have won a prize today blaa blaa blaa...follow us to the hotel....we went like wallys!! Ended up at the hothell! A 2 hour sales talk on spend £2.5k and recieve a lot of other charges on top!! Yeah we were fools for going...my hubby was on the ball the whole way, just kept saying we can leave now if you want but nah 'a promise made to a fool is a comfort'! this is for you hun.... i know i put our family through suffering that day and hell we missed out on Banana each...hope i can make it up to you x x.....love skiathos...one of of our bet holidays!"

• Travel date: Wed 30th of August 2006

Beware Of Timeshare Sales People!

Reviewed Thu 6th of December 2012

"I have visited Skiathos for the last 3 years and the Nostos Village has just this year started placing reps in the streets and on the sides of roads selling time shares. The reps offer scratch cards where you 'win' a holiday, cash, I-pods etc and tell you this cock & bull story before bundling you into a car or passing taxi to the hotel. We fell for the con and were told that we'd just have to take a walk around the hotel and recommend it to our friends in the UK when we got home. Once arriving at the hotel we were shown around the hotel by 2 sales people who showed us the facilities and down on to the beach & taverna for a drink, there was at this point no selling as they spent about one and a half hours buttering us up and massaging our ego. We then went back up to the hotel where another more senior salesman joined us and they went into telling us about the time share product. However at this point I'd started to switch off as I just wanted to get onto the beach and continue enjoying our holiday we told them this, but to no avail, and when we asked to go to the toilet they waited for us outside, it was as if we'd been kidnapped! We then started to say that we weren't interested & we didn't have our credit cards with us anyway to which they said they'd get a taxi to drive us to our apartments to get our cards so we could book today, when we said we wanted to go as we needed time to consider it (but we just wanted to go!) they started to really bully us and get quite rude. They then gave me the booklet for the free holiday but after reading the terms & conditions and the small print its just another con. If you see anyone offering scratch cards avoid at all costs, unless you want to spend 3+ hours being talked at!!"

• Travel date: Sun 23rd of July 2006