Good

Nice but it had a strange atmosphere

Reviewed 1st February 2013

"I loved our room it was nice but the guest here are mostly repeat guests and I they think they think that they own the place! For example they moved someones belongings from a sunbed when I was there and they knew the person was just at the bar opposite having a quick drink! They do literally think they own the place I'm not joking. The sunbeds were bagged early and a lot of them were in shaded areas and one on top og the other. Also: The hotel allows people from outside to come in and use the pool as long as they buy a drink. The breakfasts are very poor. You only get a private balcony if you pay more. You cannot control the aircon - reception does this. I've seen the prices for this recently and I personally would not pay them to return here.It was nice to go once but poor value for money."

• Travel date: 31st January 2013

A perfect stay!

Reviewed 28th September 2009

"My stay was from 11-25 Sept 2009. I booked this hotel after reading a lot of reviews as I was also getting married there. I can say that the 10/10 comments that most people give it are true. No attention to detail was overlooked and all the staff are very helpful and friendly and not just because they are providing a service, I truely believe that the people employed there want to be there. There is an air of family around the place. The rooms are of a good standard and are cleaned everyday. The pool area is fantastic with sun loungers and towels provided. I read one reviewer who was moaning about the breakfasts being the same every day...idiot! You can eat what you want from greek yoghurt and honey to bacon and eggs, cereals, fruit, crossiants etc etc, all you need to start the day. The restaurant is of a good standard too and it equals anything I ate out in the town. Whilst there we celebrated my fathers 80th birthday and the staff gave us an area with balloons and a great set table. The wedding day went fantastically with no hiccups from start to finish and the reception afterwards was superb. We really felt spoilt. The hotel is in a good spot, about a 7 minute walk to town and only 5 minutes to the airport. Go and watch a plane come in and land as you can get right to the runway to look. There are approx 66 beaches on Skiathos and one to suit all. Make sure you hire some form of transport to see the island. I have visited twice and done all the areas I didn't on my first visit. Roads aren't good in places but so what, that's Greece. Too many restaurants and bars to mention, try as many as you can. All of a good standard. The film Mamma Mia hasn't spoilt the island one bit. I didn't find much to remind that some of it was filmed there. All in all another 10/10 review and a big thank you to all at La Piscine for making our wedding day very special and the whole experience one we'll never forget. "

• Travel date: 26th September 2009

hotel was perfectly located for a short ...

Reviewed 11th June 2008

"hotel was perfectly located for a short walk into main shopping area along with bars and taverna's. Some beautiful places to eat, take a walk along to the furthest part in the new harbour, a few taverna's with great views out onto marina. Limanaki's was lovely. Taxi's are good value from the airport to skiathos town resort costing around 8-10 euros. Worth hiring a jeep for a few days too to get about, there is one main road and it's not too busy to take a drive. "

• Travel date: 11th June 2008

Absolutely stunning hotel, clean, modern...

Reviewed 8th March 2008

"Absolutely stunning hotel, clean, modern and perfect location. We chose this hotel as it is only a few minutes walk to the main streets of Skiathos Town but still very peaceful. One of, if not the only hotel of this quality within such a close proximity to the main town. Great food, hospitality and could not fault anything. Will definately be back soon."

• Travel date: 8th March 2008

One of the best

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"Just got back from Skiathos must say the service and attention to detail in the Piscine Palace Hotel was superb. About a dozen of us stayed there for a friends wedding and the place is second to none that I have stayed in,yes the prices are a bit higher than elsewhere but no worse than any good hotel. Shame the hotel has spoilt the chance of going anywhere else in Greece so I will just have to go back absolutely top class. Enjoy"

• Travel date: 23rd May 2007

perfect .......

Reviewed 12th November 2012

"Myself (25) and my Mum (58) stayed at the hotel for two weeks in July. The hotel was excellent in every way, very clean, great location, friendly staff and all areas ie pool and bar were very comfortable. While in Skiathos we discovered many nice restaurants which we recommend Jail House (near the marina, closed on Fridays) Scuna (towards the airport) Windmill (mind the steps ...bit of a treck) Indian Restaurant (only one in the resort ...do not miss) We decided to go to a different restaurant everynight of our stay, the only one we went back to twice was Jailhouse as we went back for our last night. (Book before you go and get a marina view table) Also just near the hotel is the nicest Cake shop ever.... a must ! Beaches ..... Troulos...very nice but very busy Bus stop no 9 ...nice you can also get the water taxi back to skiathos town Bus stop 10...... the most relaxing quiet beach ever. We loved Skiathos and are planning to return next year.... hope weve not gone on toooo much about this beautiful place!!"

• Travel date: 5th November 2006

Excellent Hotel

Reviewed 12th November 2012

"we stayed at La Piscine from 22 - 29 Sept06, we can't fault this hotel at all, the rooms were clean and spacious, had a mini bar in the room which is stocked daily, tv with some english speaking channels and a very nice marble bathroom. the pool area is lovely and relaxing with comfy sun loungers and towels provided, the bar has a nice atmosphere during the day and at night, the hotel is family run and they pride themselves on good, friendly and attentive service. Its only a 5 min walk to the main street of Papadiamantis from the hotel where there is a large selection of Bars and Restaurants, If you like Italian we can recommend Piccolo and Primavera in the Church Square, we loved this hotel and Skiathos and will return here again."

• Travel date: 7th October 2006

Haven of Relaxation

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"Having recently returned from 2 weeks at La Piscine Palace in Skiathos I would like to re-iterate all the reviews I read before booking and which encouraged me to book. On arrival you immediately relax, the staff are friendly and helpful, the owners are "hands on" and very generous. Most of the guests during our stay were friendly which added to the atmosphere and enjoyment of our holiday. The pool area is fantastic and at times was fairly quiet which was great , I got quite attached to the sunbeds which are extremely comfortable and kept very clean (towels are provided by the hotel but most people had their own too). The Breakfast is served from 7.30 to 10.30 which gives most people a chance to eat and the selection offered is very good. I can't praise the hotel enough - thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would definitely return."

• Travel date: 9th August 2006

Beware!! - overbooking problems

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"I have just returned from a week in Skiathos. Having done some careful research (because my husband and I are in or late forties and we were holidaying with my 16 yr old daughter and her friend) I booked two rooms at this hotel in February 06. Got to the hotel and they only had one room for us (and this was originally minus a balcony although they did put us in one with a balcony eventually). My daughter and her friend spent the night in the basement, in the staff quarters and the next day they told us we would have to leave the hotel as they could not accommodate us. Our rep eventually found us rooms at the Esperides - about 3 km from the town and not where we wanted to be at all, although we made the best of it, but the girls could not go out on their own as we had planned, because of the transport issues. In my opinion there is no excuse for this inefficiency - they acknowledged the fact that they had received the booking for two rooms and that it was their error, but didn't seem too concerned about it. I would give this hotel a wide berth - it's not a pleasant experience to be evicted from accommodation you have booked and paid for many months in advance."

• Travel date: 16th July 2006

Good Hotel

Reviewed 27th November 2012

"We stayed at the hotel in June / July this year and it was very nice. The pool area is the main attraction - it was pretty busy in the second week but every day we were at the pool we managed to find a sunbed even when it looked as if it was completely full. The hotel location is great - about 5-10 minutes walk to the old and new harbours and all the restaurants and bars. The hotel bar is more expensive than the bars and cafes in town but that's to be expected as hotels always charge more. We did the barbeque night on our second week but I have to say it was the worst meal we had during our entire holiday and the most expensive. A very basic choice of food with some items missing from the menu (never saw the promised fruit!) so a very expensive plate of chicken & salad really. The entertainment was fairly dire too! There are numerous really good restaurants and tavernas in the town (Enplo on Club Strip is really excellent) so we went out to eat every other evening. Overall the hotel is very good - the rooms are spotless and our maid was very friendly and helpful. Also the receptionists were very efficient and helpful."

• Travel date: 12th July 2006

Beware.......Over boooking Problems......!

Reviewed 26th November 2012

"Unfortunately I never got to stay at The Piscine Palace, despite having made a booking for a week long stay in Mid June back in January. Luckily, my reservation agent was advised about the over booking about 10 days before I was due to go, so I was still able to find a great alternative - the delightful friendly Anemoni Beach Hotel at Megali Ammos Beach( just outside the main town). Seems others weren't so fortunate as people I met in Skiathos who were staying at the hotel said some guests that arrived on their flight with the same Tour Op were turned away as the hotel was still over booked. Hotel failed to respond to my email about the situation when contacted direct so don't know if this is a one off or not? Seems a great pity for a hotel that otherwise seems to be quite highly rated to allow this to occur. Very disappointing."

• Travel date: 4th July 2006

Fantastic and Friendly Hotel

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"We stayed at La Piscine 12th - 19th May and had a lovely time. For a primarily Greek holiday hotel the standards were superb. The use of art as the decorative theme was a very nice touch giving a modern, tasteful feel to the hotel. The rooms were very clean, and well decorated. Towels were changed changed daily and each room had TV and air-conditioning, but try and get a room which doesnt face the back. They are quiet but not a great view. All the staff here are great and will really try to make sure you have a good holiday. Nadia behind the bar was lovely, even our chambermaid was charming and so helpful and cheery. The pool is a great place to sunbathe, it's clean and fresh, the sunbeds are so comfy and there are clean free towels every day, so that its easy just to stay here. At night candles lit around the pool with the pool lighting create a beautiful ambience for a place to relax and drink. We ventured out in the car to the beaches and we even came across some beaches that we had to ourselves! - the luck of early season I guess. The hotel is 5 minutes walk from the main part of the Skiathos town, with its selection of restaurants and craft shops. Go off the main street into the little alleyways for some of the best of both. Not sure what Skiathos is like peak season but off-peak it was an absolute joy. We would definitely go back - something we rarely do."

• Travel date: 20th May 2006

Hotels near La Piscine Art Hotel

Top traveller tips for La Piscine Art Hotel

• by AVe

"Go with your family at least then the gang members of the 'we come here every year' club can't bully you as easily."

• by Harribaby

"Boat trip to Alonnisos and Skopelos."

• by Harribaby

"Superb island, big enough to loose yourself and small enough to find your way back."

La Piscine Art Hotel is also called

• la piscine art skiathos
  • hotel la piscine art