La Piscine Art Hotel

Evaggelistrias, 370 02 Greece

One of the best

Good

"Just got back from Skiathos must say the service and attention to detail in the Piscine Palace Hotel was superb.
About a dozen of us stayed there for a friends wedding and the place is second to none that I have stayed in,yes the prices are a bit higher than elsewhere but no worse than any good hotel.
Shame the hotel has spoilt the chance of going anywhere else in Greece so I will just have to go back absolutely top class.

Enjoy"

• Travel date: Wed 23rd of May 2007

perfect .......

"Myself (25) and my Mum (58) stayed at the hotel for two weeks in
July. The hotel was excellent in every way, very clean, great location, friendly staff and all areas ie pool and bar were very comfortable.

While in Skiathos we discovered many nice restaurants which we recommend

Jail House (near the marina, closed on Fridays)
Scuna (towards the airport)
Windmill (mind the steps ...bit of a treck)
Indian Restaurant (only one in the resort ...do not miss)

We decided to go to a different restaurant everynight of our stay, the only one we went back to twice was Jailhouse as we went back for our last night. (Book before you go and get a marina view table)

Also just near the hotel is the nicest Cake shop ever.... a must !

Beaches .....

Troulos...very nice but very busy

Bus stop no 9 ...nice you can also get the water taxi back to skiathos town

Bus stop 10...... the most relaxing quiet beach ever.

We loved Skiathos and are planning to return next year....

hope weve not gone on toooo much about this beautiful place!!"

• Travel date: Sun 5th of November 2006

Excellent Hotel

Good

"we stayed at La Piscine from 22 - 29 Sept06, we can't fault this hotel at all, the rooms were clean and spacious, had a mini bar in the room which is stocked daily, tv with some english speaking channels and a very nice marble bathroom. the pool area is lovely and relaxing with comfy sun loungers and towels provided, the bar has a nice atmosphere during the day and at night, the hotel is family run and they pride themselves on good, friendly and attentive service. Its only a 5 min walk to the main street of Papadiamantis from the hotel where there is a large selection of Bars and Restaurants, If you like Italian we can recommend Piccolo and Primavera in the Church Square, we loved this hotel and Skiathos and will return here again."

• Travel date: Sat 7th of October 2006

Haven of Relaxation

"Having recently returned from 2 weeks at La Piscine Palace in Skiathos I would like to re-iterate all the reviews I read before booking and which encouraged me to book. On arrival you immediately relax, the staff are friendly and helpful, the owners are "hands on" and very generous. Most of the guests during our stay were friendly which added to the atmosphere and enjoyment of our holiday. The pool area is fantastic and at times was fairly quiet which was great , I got quite attached to the sunbeds which are extremely comfortable and kept very clean (towels are provided by the hotel but most people had their own too). The Breakfast is served from 7.30 to 10.30 which gives most people a chance to eat and the selection offered is very good. I can't praise the hotel enough - thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would definitely return."

• Travel date: Wed 9th of August 2006

Beware!! - overbooking problems

"I have just returned from a week in Skiathos. Having done some careful research (because my husband and I are in or late forties and we were holidaying with my 16 yr old daughter and her friend) I booked two rooms at this hotel in February 06. Got to the hotel and they only had one room for us (and this was originally minus a balcony although they did put us in one with a balcony eventually). My daughter and her friend spent the night in the basement, in the staff quarters and the next day they told us we would have to leave the hotel as they could not accommodate us.
Our rep eventually found us rooms at the Esperides - about 3 km from the town and not where we wanted to be at all, although we made the best of it, but the girls could not go out on their own as we had planned, because of the transport issues.
In my opinion there is no excuse for this inefficiency - they acknowledged the fact that they had received the booking for two rooms and that it was their error, but didn't seem too concerned about it. I would give this hotel a wide berth - it's not a pleasant experience to be evicted from accommodation you have booked and paid for many months in advance."

• Travel date: Sun 16th of July 2006

Good Hotel

"We stayed at the hotel in June / July this year and it was very nice. The pool area is the main attraction - it was pretty busy in the second week but every day we were at the pool we managed to find a sunbed even when it looked as if it was completely full.

The hotel location is great - about 5-10 minutes walk to the old and new harbours and all the restaurants and bars. The hotel bar is more expensive than the bars and cafes in town but that's to be expected as hotels always charge more. We did the barbeque night on our second week but I have to say it was the worst meal we had during our entire holiday and the most expensive. A very basic choice of food with some items missing from the menu (never saw the promised fruit!) so a very expensive plate of chicken & salad really. The entertainment was fairly dire too! There are numerous really good restaurants and tavernas in the town (Enplo on Club Strip is really excellent) so we went out to eat every other evening.

Overall the hotel is very good - the rooms are spotless and our maid was very friendly and helpful. Also the receptionists were very efficient and helpful."

• Travel date: Wed 12th of July 2006

Beware.......Over boooking Problems......!

"Unfortunately I never got to stay at The Piscine Palace, despite having made a booking for a week long stay in Mid June back in January. Luckily, my reservation agent was advised about the over booking about 10 days before I was due to go, so I was still able to find a great alternative - the delightful friendly Anemoni Beach Hotel at Megali Ammos Beach( just outside the main town). Seems others weren't so fortunate as people I met in Skiathos who were staying at the hotel said some guests that arrived on their flight with the same Tour Op were turned away as the hotel was still over booked. Hotel failed to respond to my email about the situation when contacted direct so don't know if this is a one off or not? Seems a great pity for a hotel that otherwise seems to be quite highly rated to allow this to occur. Very disappointing."

• Travel date: Tue 4th of July 2006

Fantastic and Friendly Hotel

"We stayed at La Piscine 12th - 19th May and had a lovely time. For a primarily Greek holiday hotel the standards were superb. The use of art as the decorative theme was a very nice touch giving a modern, tasteful feel to the hotel. The rooms were very clean, and well decorated. Towels were changed changed daily and each room had TV and air-conditioning, but try and get a room which doesnt face the back. They are quiet but not a great view.

All the staff here are great and will really try to make sure you have a good holiday. Nadia behind the bar was lovely, even our chambermaid was charming and so helpful and cheery.

The pool is a great place to sunbathe, it's clean and fresh, the sunbeds are so comfy and there are clean free towels every day, so that its easy just to stay here. At night candles lit around the pool with the pool lighting create a beautiful ambience for a place to relax and drink.

We ventured out in the car to the beaches and we even came across some beaches that we had to ourselves! - the luck of early season I guess.

The hotel is 5 minutes walk from the main part of the Skiathos town, with its selection of restaurants and craft shops. Go off the main street into the little alleyways for some of the best of both. Not sure what Skiathos is like peak season but off-peak it was an absolute joy. We would definitely go back - something we rarely do."

• Travel date: Sat 20th of May 2006

fantastic hotel

"My husband and i have returned from our holiday from this place.
What can i say but.... it was great. The staff were friendly and helpfull and the hotel was contemporary and relaxed. Simple touches like the patio heaters, candles arranged around the pool side, thick sunbed matresses, cosy sofas, complimentary drinks (at times) good selection of music. I could go on. It was a treat to go on holiday to a hotel where there were no kids! and considering it was Greece the standards were very high. Just a few downsides:
We arrived the 1st day of the holiday season. Very few bars and restaurants were open. They all seemed to open the day we were going home.
Secondly: the travel agent doesnt tell you that on the return journey home you have to stop off in a militery airbase at Thessolinki to refuel as the runway in Skiathos is very short!luckily our plane wasnt full so this meant we didnt have to stop.
Thirdly: Before Greece changed to the Euro it was a very cheap place to eat out, but that seems to have changed. Its only a tiny bit cheaper if not the same as UK prices, unless you want to eat pizza everyday. Also most spirits and pop are imported so they are expensive - 8 euros for a Jack Daniels and coke!
Beware of the sun rays. We got very sunburnt on the 1st day-it was grey and cloudy very windy and freezing about 55 i'd say but we still got very burnt.

We would definately go back."

• Travel date: Sun 14th of May 2006

Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic

"We have just arived back from a weeks holiday in this wonderful hotel on a wonderful island. We had a fantastic time and the hotel is not at all what you would expect for a Greek Island hotel.

As this was our first ever visit to the Islands we expected slightly more primitive facilities - what we got was one of the most contemporary hotels we have ever stayed in - it is really lovely with Fantastic staff - we all loved Nadia behind the bar and our cleaner was lovely and did an excellent job.

As a family run hotel it has a very friendly atmosphere and they will treat you very well if of course you treat them well - this is not too difficult as they are lovely people. Our rooms were very nice and the bathrooms were lovely with fresh towels every day - the only thing that spoilt it for us was the veiw as we were located at the back of the hotel close to a rather noisy road - although it never kept any of us awake.

The swimming pool area is great with exceptionally comfy sun beds, all with fresh towels every day. The pool was great once you braved into it (very cold) but this was probably due to it being so early in the season.

We found the hotel very handy for the main street and close to some very nice Tavernas = about 10 minitues walk away, we would recommend the Asboritas for a warm welcome and good greek fare.

Skiathos is a lovely Island with plenty of bars, tavernas and shops plus lots of local historical places. The port is lovely with some great boats and the views across to the other islands is great. We loved our hotel so much that we only ventured to the beach on one day, the rest of the time we stayed put. However on the day that we did go to the beach, we caught the bus and enjoyed a scenic journey to Koukanaris beach - this is the largest beach on the island and although it was really only just coming to life we enjoyed it very much, mind you the sea was even colder than our pool brrr.

We enjoyed our stay so much that we will definitely be returning - something we never usually do."

• Travel date: Fri 12th of May 2006

Nice but it had a strange atmosphere

Good

"I loved our room it was nice but the guest here are mostly repeat guests and I they think they think that they own the place! For example they moved someones belongings from a sunbed when I was there and they knew the person was just at the bar opposite having a quick drink! They do literally think they own the place I'm not joking. The sunbeds were bagged early and a lot of them were in shaded areas and one on top og the other.
Also:
The hotel allows people from outside to come in and use the pool as long as they buy a drink.
The breakfasts are very poor.
You only get a private balcony if you pay more.
You cannot control the aircon - reception does this.
I've seen the prices for this recently and I personally would not pay them to return here.It was nice to go once but poor value for money."

• Travel date: Thu 31st of January 2013

A perfect stay!

"My stay was from 11-25 Sept 2009. I booked this hotel after reading a lot of reviews as I was also getting married there. I can say that the 10/10 comments that most people give it are true. No attention to detail was overlooked and all the staff are very helpful and friendly and not just because they are providing a service, I truely believe that the people employed there want to be there. There is an air of family around the place.
The rooms are of a good standard and are cleaned everyday. The pool area is fantastic with sun loungers and towels provided. I read one reviewer who was moaning about the breakfasts being the same every day...idiot! You can eat what you want from greek yoghurt and honey to bacon and eggs, cereals, fruit, crossiants etc etc, all you need to start the day.
The restaurant is of a good standard too and it equals anything I ate out in the town. Whilst there we celebrated my fathers 80th birthday and the staff gave us an area with balloons and a great set table. The wedding day went fantastically with no hiccups from start to finish and the reception afterwards was superb. We really felt spoilt.
The hotel is in a good spot, about a 7 minute walk to town and only 5 minutes to the airport. Go and watch a plane come in and land as you can get right to the runway to look.
There are approx 66 beaches on Skiathos and one to suit all. Make sure you hire some form of transport to see the island. I have visited twice and done all the areas I didn't on my first visit. Roads aren't good in places but so what, that's Greece. Too many restaurants and bars to mention, try as many as you can. All of a good standard. The film Mamma Mia hasn't spoilt the island one bit. I didn't find much to remind that some of it was filmed there.
All in all another 10/10 review and a big thank you to all at La Piscine for making our wedding day very special and the whole experience one we'll never forget.

• Travel date: Sat 26th of September 2009

Hotels near La Piscine Art Hotel

Stayed at La Piscine Art Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for La Piscine Art Hotel

• Harribaby by Harribaby

"Superb island, big enough to loose yourself and small enough to find your way back. "

• Harribaby by Harribaby

"Boat trip to Alonnisos and Skopelos. "

• AVe by AVe

"Go with your family at least then the gang members of the 'we come here every year' club can't bully you as easily. "

La Piscine Art Hotel is also called