Panorama Hotel

Koukounaries 37002 Greece

FEELS LIKE HOME! - Tracy and Paul - Manchester

"This was our 3rd visit to the panorama and it keeps getting better!
On our first visit 4 years ago, it had not had all the renovations done and was a little more traditional, but great all the same. 2 years ago they had renovated the dining area/reception and taverna. This year all the rooms have been done. I think they are trying to go down the boutique hotel route. The rooms are lovely, with air con and LCD tvs. We felt really comfortable and at home!
The Pool area is perfect. In our first week it was really quiet and after a day at the beach there were always beds to come back to for a late afternoon dip. The sunbeds are new and very comfy. The second week was a little busier with a group of youngsters hogging the pool with inflatables! It would not bother other people, but I went to this hotel because I know it is usually chilled out - can you tell I am not really child friendly?!
The food at the taverna is gorgeous. We ate at different places just for a change but made sure we had a few meals at Panorama. Didnt find anywhere better - some nowhere near as good!
The brother and sister who run the hotel with their father, are really lovely and can not do enough for you. Maid service is first class, with rooms cleaned/clean towels every day.
Finally, the beaches nearby are gorgeous. From some a 10 minute walk to others which are a lovely 30-40 mins through woodland. Koukounaries is the most famous, but this year one thing is spoiling it - daytripper boats! Again the first week was lovely and quiet, but by the second week there were 6 boats turning up in a day, at one point 3 turned up at once. It meant literally hundreds of people swarmed on to the beach dropping towels virtually on top of you . It did not spoil our holiday as there are so many other gorgeous beaches to choose from.
I would urge people to try the Panorama. They will love it! Just not too many people with inflatables!"

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of July 2009

An Amazing, Friendly, Happy, Chilled Hotel

"This was the best holiday I have had.
20 of us went as my mum got married. They supplied a perfect reception with greek music. The Son of the Family Run Hotel set up pretty much the entire Wedding Reception and got all the men up doing a traditional Greek Dance.
The food was fantastic. The rooms were beautiful. the setting of the hotel is soooooo pretty. I would go back there with no hesitation what so ever. I am usually ready to come home after a week but I could have stayed there so much longer. The wedding went perfectly. The Staff were absolutely fantastic people.

So friendly. I have just recommended to all my work Collegues. They are looking at booking a holiday to Panorama Hotel Specifically.

I would also like to thank them for making my mums wedding go so perfectly."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of July 2009

Positively surprised

"My husband and I just returned from the Panorama Hotel on Skiathos. The hotel completely renovated the rooms, so they are amazing and really clean. Our room (no 28) was a little smaller than others but it was perfect, because it’s on the ground floor and looking on east side, so it wasn’t hot in the room at all. All rooms have LCD and air con.
We had HP and must say that the food was very good, especially the diner. The portions were tasty and enormous. Firs bread with butter, then salad (big one) and then a main course like stake/fish/mousaka, French frits, rise with vegetable. The food was freshly prepared, hot and delicious.
If you staying in Panorama it are good to have diner, because hotel is situated on the west side of island and the capital city, where the most restaurants are is on the east side of the island (20 minutes by local bus – 1, 80 euro one way). We went to the city only twice in one week and it was enough for us.
If you are staying in Panorama there are 4 beautiful beaches around (famous Koukounaries, big and small Banana and Agia Eleni). We like small banana the most and it’s a FKK beach.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and we will be back next year for a week just to relax."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of July 2009

lovely clean friendly hotel

"I stayed here with my 11yr old daughter for 2 weeks, it was a lovely clean hotel they were friendly and pleased to help with anything. The breakfast was a typical greek continental breakfast and was sufficient for us. The bus stop was directly outside and as almost at the end of the route could get a seat if going towards the beach.The pool was really clean and sunbeds always free, a quiet poolside with no loud music. (beware the chlorine is strong and turns bikinis green!)
This was a lovely hotel for peace and quiet and the cleanliness was really really good, every day linen change and extra effort was made with the cleaning.I would not hesitate to go back."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of September 2008

friendly hotel

"A great family run hotel,very clean,staff were very helpful.The rooms had air con ,fridges and safety deposit boxes(These had to be paid for ,2euros a day)The beach was only a short walk away and the hotel is on the main bus route to Skiathos town,nearby is a good supermarket that sells everything but the kitchen sink.A really good holiday."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of July 2008

Nice Hotel - Shame about the breakfast

Good

"The rooms here are well appointed for Greece and are kept spotlessly clean. Our towels were changed every day without asking. As per other reviews, the beds are rock hard as were the pillows. Most balconies have wicker furniture with cushions which was nice. We booked B&B as did most guests but the breakfast was awful. There were either fried eggs or omelletes which were put out at the start, and then left there. They were never changed or topped up. As a result they were always stone cold. There was a toaster but only sliced french stick to toast. The other options were the same every day - yoghurt, cereal and tinned fruit. In the evening, I have to say that the hotel restaurant was one of the best ( and most reasonably priced ) in the resort. The menu was extensive and the food was good. Other restaurants we tried in the resort were the Strofilia (small menu but nice) Muses ( very good ) and Georges (awful). Georges staff made you feel like they were doing you a favour serving you and made us feel unwelcome. The food was not up to standard in my opinion ( and that of other diners ) and was very overpriced. Nobody I spoke to at the time or afterwards would ever visit the place again. Koukounaries beach was lovely but spoiled by overcrowding. The sunbeds are so close together it is ridiculous. Agia Eleni beach is just as nice but much quieter and less heavily populated. There are two canteens there where you can get food and drink. We hired a car to get around the island. A jeep in recommended as most roads are dirt tracks. Two days will allow you to see the entire Island as it is so small. Skiathos town was nice but most shops are the usual sort of thing selling the same old tourist tat. Only a few shops that are different but all in all quite pricey. In summary, a beautiful Island with fantastic scenery. If you hire a car be sure to visit the Panorama or the Platanos Tavernas, within half a mile of one another high above Skiathos Town with the most amazing views and good, cheap food."

• Travel date: Sat 22nd of September 2007

Lovely Family Run Hotel

"We stayed here 111th May to 25th May 2007.
The rooms were nice and clean althought the beds were a little hard and we booked a double but were given a twin and all the dubles had gone but who spends much time in the room anyway!. Shower worked well and clean towels every day.
The food was very good and the portions were huge a starter was like a main course and all made fresh to order.
The pool was nice and clean and in full sun all day with plenty of loungers and shades.
Breakfast was just your common Greek brekkie with some toast and boiled eggs and a small choice of cerial but you could pay more and have a full breakfast if you wanted.
It is a family owned and run Hotel and was very clean nicely decorated ."

• Travel date: Mon 28th of May 2007

heven

"My boyfriend and I went on our first holiday together last August and the Panorama hotel was the ideal place to go!! The hotel is gorgeous and we were lucky enough to get a rooom on the top floor with our own roof terrace, the room were spotless and cleaned daily. The staff really made our holiday memorable, the hotel is family run and the staff make an effort to call you by your name and make you feel welcome. The island is beautiful, their is a beach 10 minutes walk away and the bus stop just outside the hotel which takes you anywhere along the island you wish to go. We also booked a catamaran day trip through the staff at the hotel and had a fantastic day!!! if your looking for a fiendly relaxing holiday stay at the panorama!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 11th of March 2007

very clean and friendly

"Just returned from a 7 day holiday at the Panorama Hotel and had to write a review to sing its praises........this is a small family run hotel and i can guarantee that by the end of one week's stay you too will feel like one of the family!!

The rooms are basic but are cleaned to a very high standard on a daily basis, although the rock hard bed and pillows did take a bit of getting used to. The pool was also very clean and you could always get a lounger.

The hotel is in a superb location if you are a beach lover.....there are four fantastic beaches all within a few minutes walk. My favourite being "Big Banana" with clean white sand and crystal clear waters.

If you like a busy nightlife then perhaps you are better off staying in skiathos town, however a bus there only takes 20 mins and they run every 15.

All in all a fantastic place to stay in a superb location :)"

• Travel date: Wed 28th of June 2006

My opinion

Good

"Just returned from a week in the Panorama Hotel, Koukounaries. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Hotel room was cleaned daily, with clean towels every day. Rooms had air conditioning, safety deposit box (for a charge of €2 per day), fridge, hairdryer
Hotel was in a quiet location, which suited us as we were looking for a relaxing holiday. It overlooked the lake and the Koukounaries beach was just beyond the lake, a ten minute walk. The bus stop was directly outside the hotel so there was never a problem getting a seat. There is a regular bus service into Skiathos Town every 10-15 minutes from early morning until late at night and the cost is €1.4 each way. We stayed on a B&B basis and were not impressed with the breakfast although adequate.
Overall we had a very good holiday but the only criticism was that on the final day we were picked up from the hotel at 4.25pm and from the time we had to vacate the room at 12pm we were not able to use a courtesy room and had to change in the hotel toilets. As the weather was extremely hot this was not ideal."

• Travel date: Wed 24th of August 2005

Amazing!

"i would stay here every year if i could.
the staff are great they couldnt do much more for us.
we were ment to stay next door at the muses but they over booked i was so glad that they over booked because this hotel is great, it is clean, food is great and best of all the staff are all very welcoming. The maid is amazing very funny aswell."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of July 2009

holiday 2009

"lovely hotel, very clean, staff are great. Our daughter got married there and they could,nt do enough for us, we were very impressed.
Apollo worked so hard as did rest of staff, our maid was very sweet.
bus stop outside and beach short walk what more can you ask."

• Travel date: Wed 8th of July 2009

Hotels near Panorama Hotel

Stayed at Panorama Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Panorama Hotel

• Jh04 by Jh04

"loved it not a long walk 2 anywhere "

• Jh04 by Jh04

"agustria bar great for a disco and things like that. "

• lynn630 by lynn630

"nice green area, lovely beaches "

• lynn630 by lynn630

"boats trips from skiathos were good value, lots nice restaurants too "

• vicki c by vicki c

"Favourite restaurants were, Stafilio, and Elias, both fabulous food. Do not go to the Stamelos "

Panorama Hotel is also called