Amazing!

Reviewed Wed 29th of July 2009

"i would stay here every year if i could.
the staff are great they couldnt do much more for us.
we were ment to stay next door at the muses but they over booked i was so glad that they over booked because this hotel is great, it is clean, food is great and best of all the staff are all very welcoming. The maid is amazing very funny aswell."

• Travel date: Mon 27th of July 2009

FEELS LIKE HOME! - Tracy and Paul - Manchester

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"This was our 3rd visit to the panorama and it keeps getting better!
On our first visit 4 years ago, it had not had all the renovations done and was a little more traditional, but great all the same. 2 years ago they had renovated the dining area/reception and taverna. This year all the rooms have been done. I think they are trying to go down the boutique hotel route. The rooms are lovely, with air con and LCD tvs. We felt really comfortable and at home!
The Pool area is perfect. In our first week it was really quiet and after a day at the beach there were always beds to come back to for a late afternoon dip. The sunbeds are new and very comfy. The second week was a little busier with a group of youngsters hogging the pool with inflatables! It would not bother other people, but I went to this hotel because I know it is usually chilled out - can you tell I am not really child friendly?!
The food at the taverna is gorgeous. We ate at different places just for a change but made sure we had a few meals at Panorama. Didnt find anywhere better - some nowhere near as good!
The brother and sister who run the hotel with their father, are really lovely and can not do enough for you. Maid service is first class, with rooms cleaned/clean towels every day.
Finally, the beaches nearby are gorgeous. From some a 10 minute walk to others which are a lovely 30-40 mins through woodland. Koukounaries is the most famous, but this year one thing is spoiling it - daytripper boats! Again the first week was lovely and quiet, but by the second week there were 6 boats turning up in a day, at one point 3 turned up at once. It meant literally hundreds of people swarmed on to the beach dropping towels virtually on top of you . It did not spoil our holiday as there are so many other gorgeous beaches to choose from.
I would urge people to try the Panorama. They will love it! Just not too many people with inflatables!"

• Travel date: Wed 22nd of July 2009

holiday 2009

Reviewed Wed 8th of July 2009

"lovely hotel, very clean, staff are great. Our daughter got married there and they could,nt do enough for us, we were very impressed.
Apollo worked so hard as did rest of staff, our maid was very sweet.
bus stop outside and beach short walk what more can you ask."

• Travel date: Wed 8th of July 2009

An Amazing, Friendly, Happy, Chilled Hotel

Reviewed Fri 12th of October 2012

"This was the best holiday I have had.
20 of us went as my mum got married. They supplied a perfect reception with greek music. The Son of the Family Run Hotel set up pretty much the entire Wedding Reception and got all the men up doing a traditional Greek Dance.
The food was fantastic. The rooms were beautiful. the setting of the hotel is soooooo pretty. I would go back there with no hesitation what so ever. I am usually ready to come home after a week but I could have stayed there so much longer. The wedding went perfectly. The Staff were absolutely fantastic people.

So friendly. I have just recommended to all my work Collegues. They are looking at booking a holiday to Panorama Hotel Specifically.

I would also like to thank them for making my mums wedding go so perfectly."

• Travel date: Tue 7th of July 2009

Positively surprised

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"My husband and I just returned from the Panorama Hotel on Skiathos. The hotel completely renovated the rooms, so they are amazing and really clean. Our room (no 28) was a little smaller than others but it was perfect, because it’s on the ground floor and looking on east side, so it wasn’t hot in the room at all. All rooms have LCD and air con.
We had HP and must say that the food was very good, especially the diner. The portions were tasty and enormous. Firs bread with butter, then salad (big one) and then a main course like stake/fish/mousaka, French frits, rise with vegetable. The food was freshly prepared, hot and delicious.
If you staying in Panorama it are good to have diner, because hotel is situated on the west side of island and the capital city, where the most restaurants are is on the east side of the island (20 minutes by local bus – 1, 80 euro one way). We went to the city only twice in one week and it was enough for us.
If you are staying in Panorama there are 4 beautiful beaches around (famous Koukounaries, big and small Banana and Agia Eleni). We like small banana the most and it’s a FKK beach.
I would definitely recommend this hotel and we will be back next year for a week just to relax."

• Travel date: Wed 1st of July 2009

FABULOUS

Reviewed Mon 29th of June 2009

"We had not orignally booked the Panaroma, we were booked in the hotel next door which had over booked us. We were a bit worried but even the lady in the 1st hotel said "dont worry its better than ours"
She wasn't wrong.
From the moment we walked through the door we had a lovely friendly welcome from Appolo's Dad.
HE showed us straight to our brand new refurbished room.
There were 3 of us staying so one of us had the sofa bed but beds and sofa bed were all comfortable.
We were staying upstairs and there was a large roof terrace and also your own private balcony. With a lovely view of the forest and of a typical greek house next door.
We headed straight to the just right sized pool. Just right for a float on your lilo !!!
Appolo welcomed us and then bought over a welcome cocktail which went down a treat.
Appolo is one of the nicest people I have ever met.
He told us anything we needed or if we wanted to know anything just ask.
We did ask him as well. We must have driven him mad but he never showed it.
When we arrived there were not many guest but over the 10 days the hotel slowly filled up.
One couple has been going to the Panorama for 8 years. It seemed that everyone that turned up had been there before and all received a family type welcome from Appolo, his Dad and Sister.
The family had some very sad news while we were there but they carried on and we admired them for that.
The food is excellent, fresh and just what you expect in Greece.
I could go on and on about how fabulous the Panorama is.
I make a rule of never going back to th esame place but I will be changing that rule now.
Just up the road is Koukounaries supermarket with the friendliest shop owner Maria.
We loved practising our greek on her every night.
Beaches are lovely, I recommend Elena beach for sunsets, just gorgeous.
Buses are regular and only take 30 mins to get to Skiathos town."

• Travel date: Sat 27th of June 2009

lovely clean friendly hotel

Reviewed Tue 25th of December 2012

"I stayed here with my 11yr old daughter for 2 weeks, it was a lovely clean hotel they were friendly and pleased to help with anything. The breakfast was a typical greek continental breakfast and was sufficient for us. The bus stop was directly outside and as almost at the end of the route could get a seat if going towards the beach.The pool was really clean and sunbeds always free, a quiet poolside with no loud music. (beware the chlorine is strong and turns bikinis green!)
This was a lovely hotel for peace and quiet and the cleanliness was really really good, every day linen change and extra effort was made with the cleaning.I would not hesitate to go back."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of September 2008

friendly hotel

Reviewed Thu 1st of November 2012

"A great family run hotel,very clean,staff were very helpful.The rooms had air con ,fridges and safety deposit boxes(These had to be paid for ,2euros a day)The beach was only a short walk away and the hotel is on the main bus route to Skiathos town,nearby is a good supermarket that sells everything but the kitchen sink.A really good holiday."

• Travel date: Fri 25th of July 2008

Nice Hotel - Shame about the breakfast

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"The rooms here are well appointed for Greece and are kept spotlessly clean. Our towels were changed every day without asking. As per other reviews, the beds are rock hard as were the pillows. Most balconies have wicker furniture with cushions which was nice. We booked B&B as did most guests but the breakfast was awful. There were either fried eggs or omelletes which were put out at the start, and then left there. They were never changed or topped up. As a result they were always stone cold. There was a toaster but only sliced french stick to toast. The other options were the same every day - yoghurt, cereal and tinned fruit. In the evening, I have to say that the hotel restaurant was one of the best ( and most reasonably priced ) in the resort. The menu was extensive and the food was good. Other restaurants we tried in the resort were the Strofilia (small menu but nice) Muses ( very good ) and Georges (awful). Georges staff made you feel like they were doing you a favour serving you and made us feel unwelcome. The food was not up to standard in my opinion ( and that of other diners ) and was very overpriced. Nobody I spoke to at the time or afterwards would ever visit the place again. Koukounaries beach was lovely but spoiled by overcrowding. The sunbeds are so close together it is ridiculous. Agia Eleni beach is just as nice but much quieter and less heavily populated. There are two canteens there where you can get food and drink. We hired a car to get around the island. A jeep in recommended as most roads are dirt tracks. Two days will allow you to see the entire Island as it is so small. Skiathos town was nice but most shops are the usual sort of thing selling the same old tourist tat. Only a few shops that are different but all in all quite pricey. In summary, a beautiful Island with fantastic scenery. If you hire a car be sure to visit the Panorama or the Platanos Tavernas, within half a mile of one another high above Skiathos Town with the most amazing views and good, cheap food."

• Travel date: Sat 22nd of September 2007

This was our third visit to Skiathos and...

Reviewed Mon 3rd of September 2007

"This was our third visit to Skiathos and our second to the panorama. It is a lovely friendly family run hotel. Rooms are very clean and the view from our balcony was gorgeous. In fact we could see the bus stop across the road which was great when you were getting ready for a trip to Skiathos town!

The hotel has a lovely restaurant, which has food as good as anywhere else we tried during our 2 week stay. The pool is a good size and very clean. There was always beds free, although we were there in the heatwave so we went to one of the nearby beaches for whatever breeze there was and took a dip in the hotel pool late afternoon.

The hotel has just had a refurb of the reception/breakfast area and some of the rooms. We were in a room that had not yet been done, but it was still comfortable, with a fridge/tv and air con, which was essential!

I would recommend this hotel to couples in particular, as it is more suited to a laid-back holiday. While we were staying (not school holidays I know) there were 2 families with young children and they seemed to have a great time, but the majority were couples, and most of them had been to the Panorama many times before! In fact we were novices!

We will definitely be going again! - and the sooner the better. 10 out of 10! "

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of September 2007

This is quite simply the best run hotel...

Reviewed Thu 28th of June 2007

"This is quite simply the best run hotel we have ever had the good fortune to discover.

The family immediately offer you the warmest of welcomes and see to your every need. Whether it is Apollo or his father and hotel owner Vangelis. The accommodation is spotlessly clean, the pool never short of sunbeds and the restaurant lively and friendly, serving excellent food throughout the day.

Expect to learn some Greek along the way, even the grandmother of the family will encourage you to welcome her in Greek as she goes about her cleaning duties. From the chef to the waiters. The bar staff to reception, you won't find a more genuine team.

From the hotel it is only a five minute walk around the lake to the famous and very popular Koukounaries beach, but try further afield and within 10 to 25 minutes you can discover at least 7 or 8 picturesque beaches, where thirty people make it a busy day!
Nightlife is low key, set around the dozen or so restaurants and handful of bars.

Get on the bus to Skiathos town, one every 15 minutes, for the bright lights.

Will be back with 7 family members in August 2007. Chris says, "Get ready for some serious fishing!" Can't wait to see the family again."

• Travel date: Thu 28th of June 2007

Our fifth visit to Skiathos and our thir...

Reviewed Sun 3rd of June 2007

"Our fifth visit to Skiathos and our third to the Panorama Hotel. Excellent location, the owner and his family are brilliant, can’t help enough.

Accommodation is very good. A superb pool, one of the best kept pools in Greece. The food served at the taverna must rate as some of the best food on the island.

The hotel and is well located for the interesting bus ride into town. A must for any visitor.
The holiday was so good that we will be back there later this month.

Get the cold Mythos ready Apollo."

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of June 2007

Hotels near Panorama Hotel

Top traveller tips for Panorama Hotel

• Jh04 by Jh04

"loved it not a long walk 2 anywhere "

• Jh04 by Jh04

"agustria bar great for a disco and things like that. "

• lynn630 by lynn630

"nice green area, lovely beaches "

• lynn630 by lynn630

"boats trips from skiathos were good value, lots nice restaurants too "

• vicki c by vicki c

"Favourite restaurants were, Stafilio, and Elias, both fabulous food. Do not go to the Stamelos "

Panorama Hotel is also called