Green Park

Aghia Paraskevi, Agia Paraskevi 370 02 Greece

Good

Fantastic holiday 'the best' i've ever had!

"The Ioannis Studios and Apartments in Skiathos is superb! Just picture pine clad hills covered with acres of olive groves encircling a haven that is Ioannnis Studios and Apartments! When the rep said that you will want to come back again and again, I looked at her like she had two heads! Surely the world's too big! She was absolutely right. The family who run it are brilliant, your really do feel like you are special! Nothing is too much trouble! the food IS the best on the Island. For those of you who are fussy or have fussy children, don't worry. I have fussy children and there wasn't a thing on the menu that they didn't like!!!!! Take my advice and try the veal, it's to die for! The resort is named after the father of the family, I told him that I wanted to take hime home as his cooking was so good! But beware, meals are huge! At breakfast one day the contents of my plate ended up in my lap as there wasn't room for all they provide on the table, just amazing! My children aged 17 and 14 were slightly boared, as it is a relaxing holiday! The nearby beach is amazing! The locals are soooooo friendly! My husband and I bought too much from the nearby shop, the lady who served us asked her dad to take us back to Ioannis, not far but you wouldn't get that from Tesco, would you!"

• Travel date: Thu 11th of October 2007

superb apartments

"My husband and I have just returned from a fantastic holiday in Aghia Paraskevi, staying at these apartments. We booked the holiday as a late deal and were apprehensive about the accommodation even though we had read the positive reviews- We needn't have worried! In reality these apartments exceeded all expectations and we certainly would not hesitate to recomend them to anyone.
The apartments are clean, well equipped and furnished to a high standard (the beds are really comfy!) The maid came in to clean every day. The pool area was spotless, as were the taverna and the bar area, and the gardens were beautifully well kept.
The family that run the apartments- Ioannis, Maria and their sons Theo, Alex and Nico were perfect hosts and could not do enough for us. Nothing was too much trouble.
We can thoroughly recomend the taverna- the meals are delicious, reasonably priced and the portions are huge! In fact, we would say that this taverna was the best that we sampled on the island.
As for the location, these apartments are ideally situated. They are located down a short, cemented track off the main road, thus shutting off the noise of the traffic from the road.They are in a central location (no 16 bus stop) halfway between Skiathos town and Kourkanaris. The beautiful beach of Aghia Paraskevi is a 5 minute walk away as too is a supermarket and several other bars and tavernas.
We found Skiathos to be a really beautiful island- and cant wait to return- and when we do we'll definitely be staying in these apartments."

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of August 2007

Not for young childrens

Good

"We stayed at the Ioannis studios in May 2007.
I visited with my husband and two daughter's aged eleven and twelve years
The grounds where beautiful,well kept ,colourful a real oasis hidden away from the main Agia Paraskevi resort.
The rooms where very clean ,and the family room was quite spacious,the only downfall was the shower you have to hold the shower head in one hand and the soap in another ,a real balancing act.
The food on site is well presented,generous portions and reasonably priced however we found that the taverna had little atmosphere and the same music was played over and over again,which can be annoying if your studio is nearby.I personally would have preferred greek music and perhaps a greek night instead of another brick in the wall by Pink Floyd
Te Ioannis isn't really for children as the pool isn't suitable for inflatables.People around the pool seemed to frown on any noise made by the children.
The beaches in the resort are fantastic.I would also recommend the bus service's we often went into skiathos Town in the evening's .I would also recommend Jimmys for eating as the service is very friendly with a good atmosphere and delicious food.Food is cheap and good quality with lots of choice.
Drinks can be expensive in the resort expect to pay five to eight euros through out the resort.
The staff at the Ionnasis where okay but they had their favourites which was very noticable.
If you have time try to visit the dogs home's staff there made us feel like part of the family,they work so hard.You can walk the dogs and feel like you are making a difference.A word of advice try and go up the mountain in a Jeep or cadge a lift the walk is a killer especially on a hot day phew.
All in all the resort is lovely and relaxing.I would return,"

• Travel date: Sun 1st of July 2007

Small and Relaxing

Good

"Sally and I have just returned from a weeks stay at Ioannis Apartments. The complex consists of 2 blocks of apartments and a Taverna set in well-kept grounds and a small swimming pool. It is set away from the main road in a quiet location and only a 10-minute walk from the beach.

Rooms
We booked this at late notice and managed to get a two bedroomed apartment. Both bedrooms opened on to a massive balcony with lots of room. There is a free safe in the room, which is a nice bonus. There is also free satellite TV in the rooms, which point at a different satellite than the one we use in the UK so the only channel in English is BBC World. The rooms were spotless and seemed to be cleaned every day. We had a power failure during our stay and were unable to wash dishes. When we returned home we even found that they had been cleaned. The family take great pride in every detail of the cleaning, the upkeep of the grounds and the service, which was fantastic. The furniture was basic but functional and the beds were quite comfortable. The only problem we had was with the shower. The curtain was too short and there was no holder for the showerhead. A few makeshift modifications resolved the problem!!

Grounds
The grounds were immaculate. The lawns were well kept and the plants were lovingly watered and tended every day. Oil filled lamps were put out along the paths offering a nice welcome to everyone entering the grounds in the evening. There was plenty of comfortable seating on the terrace and the sunloungers were quite good quality. The pool was small and kidney shaped so chucking in an inflatable lilo and floating around is not an option. It’s more of a plunge pool but more than adequate. There are not really any facilities on site to keep children occupied.

Bar and Taverna
I heard that the taverna was one of the best on the island. After eating there a few times, I would have to agree. The portions were quite big. We made the fatal mistake of trying to have a 3-course dinner on our first evening. We fell apart halfway through the main course and then had complimentary melon served with Greek yogurt and honey thrust upon us. This turned out to be quite light and refreshing. From this point on we tried to eat light. The drinks were not as cheap as you may expect. Bacardi and Coke €5 and cocktails €8. This is about average for any bar on the island.
The Taverna and Bar are mainly ran by the sons Theo and Alex. They are very polite and are always the perfect hosts.

Summary
There were quite a few people at the apartments who had been there before so this was quite reassuring when we arrived. Overall, the level of detail the family put into their complex is more 4 star. There were small details in the rooms, which could have been improved, but not at all showstoppers.

We don’t like to go to the same places twice, It’s a big world out there, but if for any reason I did go back to Skiathos one day, I would most certainly stay here."

• Travel date: Fri 18th of May 2007

The best

"Me and my family went las summer to ioannis apartments and we spent the best holidays of our life.

The service is exelent, one feels like hes in 6 star hotel.
The rooms are very clean and comfortable.
The food is really Dealisous and freash.

i just read the review of a guy complaining about the music and generally the apartment and i think he is totally wrong. Becouse me and my family had both our silence privacy and fun."

• Travel date: Thu 25th of January 2007

Some love it, but it's not always good

"Many raved about these apartments, but beware, there are problems. There are a couple of studio apartments advertised for 3 people - don't book one. They are too small for 3, despite what our agent advised!

One of the 3 person apartments is next to the Taverna (no. 7 I think) - the Taverna is the most important part of the business to the owning family - but it is noisy with music - the loudest in the resort - until 1.00am at least. You cannot talk on the balcony and you can't sleep - awful if you have a young child. Same music every night! Fine if you want to dine and drink into the evening, which I guess most people do. You can expect attentive service if you dine there every night, but we had little opportunity to nurture that kind of a relationship.

Our apartment had a broken window, several lights that didn't work, two drawers only that wouldn't stay on the runners (for three people over a fortnight!). Worst was that we had been promised an apartment with a proper third bed. Our daughter spent a week on a camp bed with an inch of mattress. The real problem the bed causes is that there is no room between any of the beds and only 18" at the end of the camp bed - and an exposed catch which could cripple your calf. Because the proper beds are large and have wrought iron ends at the foot, it is impossible to sit inside anywhere! There are two chairs, but with the one wardrobe and two malfunctioning drawers, you needed the chairs for other purposes if you had clothes for a fortnight!

We asked the rep if there was anything a little larger, (not in high season) and she came and had a look - she wasn't impressed with the repairs etc and called the owner. One of the sons and mother came in, mother threw our clothes out the drawers and generally they shouted at us for daring to complain about three duff light bulbs (we weren't actually complaining about that, but were trying to negotiate in a non confrontational way for something bigger from the rep and were not using the repairs as an issue) - and continued shouting at us in full view of the other guests around the pool. Clearly a distraction from the fact that the apartment hadn't been checked. I'm glad we didn't mention the various other minor defects or the noise!

The rep had a couple of roastings of 10 minutes or more from the family after this - she was good, and didn't deserve any of it.

It got worse the following night, but it is best not to log that event, as I cannot substantiate a key fact. What is important is that we had a further very public dressing down.

If you do go, don't fall out with the family! A couple of others had some poor customer service, but not so that it would damage their holiday.

The island, village and beaches are really good. Go to the resort."

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of October 2006

Perfect Holiday

"Perfectly located up a level concrete track about 200 yds from the main road. Spotless accomodation in a beautiful setting. The on site Taverna is rated as one of the top 3 on the island and we would not disagree.

Can be a liitle noisy with visiting Diners up to about 1130 at night, but after that silence !

If you want a comfortable and friendly place to stay on Skiathos, we could not recomend better."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of September 2006

Lovely apartments - highly recommended!

"We've just returned from a lovely week at the Ioannis apartments. The location is perfect - close to the beach, tavernas and supermarkets whilst being set right back from the main road. The gardens are beautiful and well maintained with lots of shady areas to lounge in. The pool area is gorgeous - the new wicker sofas and wooden sun loungers make it look really upmarket and despite the lovely beaches nearby we spent a lot of time by the pool. One of the nice things about this complex is that it's fairly small and friendly - all the balconies face the garden and pool area so we found most people tended to sit and chat with a glass of wine in the evenings, very nice!

The apartment interiors are very basic but adequate (especially the bathroom with the temperamental shower), but they were kept really clean and have a fridge, kettle, toaster and a 2 ring cooker - enough to prepare simple meals but you wouldn't want to eat every meal in there. No need to either with a fantastic taverna on your doorstep. I have to say that of the six Greek islands I've visited I enjoyed the food on Skiathos the most. Great value too - you will struggle to spend more than £25 on a 3 course meal with wine for two people.

We had our ten month old baby with us and a week of living with him in one small room was quite enough! There is no bath (as with most Greek accommodation) so we ended up bathing our baby in the big washing up bowl provided.. First Choice provided a cot but it was an old broken travel cot so beware. To their credit, once I'd complained a new one was delivered within hours and I later saw the old one sitting by the bin so they obviously weren't planning on giving it to another customer. We found that the paths were all fairly flat and well maintained so no issues getting around with a buggy.

Anyway, go to these apartments, you won't regret it. Many of the people we met had been several times before and I didn't hear a single complaint in my week there. Enjoy!"

• Travel date: Sun 28th of May 2006

best place i have been to

"Me and my husband spent a week at the Ioannis in July and it was one of the most relaxing holidays ever. The apartments are spotlessly clean and the family that run them go out of their way to make the holiday everything you want. The restuarant dishes up traditonal Greek dishes that taste fantastic and are very reasonably priced.
The pool is kidney shaped but not very big but if you want to use it for dipping in to keep cool its lovely!!!
The Ioannis is definitily worth checking out if you go to Skiathos. It is certainly a place that people will return to again and again."

• Travel date: Tue 4th of October 2005

Lovely Family Run Apartments

"My fiancee and I (27 & 30 years respectively) had a great week at the Ioannis Apartments. Set back off the main coast road in the peaceful resort of Aghia paraskevi, the apartments offer a truly relaxing holiday for couples or families. All apartments are self catering, with a nice little restaurant and bar on site. There are something like 20 apartments in total all with balcony/terrace. The complex is owned and run by one family and they really go out of their way to make you feel welcome.

It feels more like you are their invited guests rather than paying customers due to the relaxed atmosphere. Because its small you get to know everyone and after a few days it feels like home.

The apartments are very modern and spotlessley clean as they were built only a few years ago.

The complex looks every bit as good as it does in the brochure!!!

Positives: free sat tv, spotless rooms, pool and garden. Great restaurant with reasonable prices.
The resort itself is lovely with a few nice restaurants and a clean beach.

Negatives: Pool a little too small for a proper swin as it is kidney shaped and only 6metres long (it is Greece after all)

Would definately recommend this and would not hesitate to go back. This really is the best Greek s/c accomodation we have ever stayed at."

• Travel date: Sat 6th of August 2005

Hotels near Green Park

Stayed at Green Park? Share your insight.

Green Park is also called