Elizabeth Studios

Agia Paraskevi 37002 Greece

Sun, sea and smoke!!

Good

"My mum and I stayed at the Elizabeth Studios during a very hot week in July and we had a lovely time. The studios are a short walk from the beach but are very quiet, and I was surprised by some of the comments previously as we found the apartments clean and functional - after all, you're not paying for luxury - and if that's what you expect you need to go elsewhere! The pool was lovely and clean, and the bar area was relaxing, although we tended to do our own thing and spent little time there. The beach is fabulous and there are plenty of great taverna's that you only need to actually walk a few minutes from the studios - and you could still eat somewhere different for 2 weeks! I thought that the staff we did see at the Elizabeth were fine - pretty low key (which is what we preferred) and the rooms were cleaned almost everyday as far as we could tell - we even had proper bath towels when usually in Greece you get a face-cloth sized towel to shower with!

We were one of the unfortunate few who had to evacuate during the fire on Thurs 12th but I understand that the studios are already ship-shape for the guests this week - I'm sure the staff worked hard to ensure that everything went quickly back to normal.

The fire (that started at the rubbish dump a few miles away) was very frightening but the Greek people of Agia Paraskevi came together to ensure that we were made as safe as possible (which is more than can be said for our resort reps but that's a whole different story!).

I wish all residents in Skiathos the greatest of luck in getting their beautiful island up and running again after the fire - I am sure they will do this in their usual laid back and fuss free manner! Whatever you might have read or heard about the Skiathos fire, please don't let this put you off - this island has a great deal to offer.
Kate and Lin."

• Travel date: Fri 13th of July 2007

Nice apartments but ...

"Just returned from a 2-week holiday at the Elizabeth Studios in Paraskevi with my husband, son, brother-in-law, niece, mother-in-law and father-in-law. The apartments were in a pretty setting with nice gardens and my husband and I had a nice 2-3 bed apartment near to the pool area - ideal for keeping an eye on our son. We even had a kettle, two towels each and a tea towel.
However, the owner Elizabeth was not very friendly and she and her staff were not too keen on cleaning the apartments and emptying the bins. Over the course of our 2-week holiday, the rooms were cleaned and the bins were emptied roughly every other day - not great when you think of the dirty loo paper stacking up! Not our usual experience of Greek service although I must say that the towels and sheets were changed twice a week.
The resort itself was nice with plenty of tavernas and a sandy beach but the 700m walk from the main resort to the apartments was at times a bit too much for my 6 year old son and my 70 year old in-laws. The walk was fairly flat but the hot sun made it seem longer. Making the trip once a day was enough as far as they were concerned!
Overall a nice holiday but more cleaning of the apartment would have made it so much nicer ......."

• Travel date: Thu 21st of September 2006

Wonderfull Place

"We have just returned from 2 weeks holiday and cannot rate the property highly enough, Elizabeth, Jenny and Takis are fantastic people and cannot do enough for you.
The rooms are set in a fantastic position in as much as you are only 10 mins walk to the beach, bars and returaunts but it is so quiet at night and no noise at all from the bar.
The pool area is very good and the pool is spotless, so whether you are a familly with children or a couple this an excellent place to stay.

Russ & Gill Hardy, Lincolnshire"

• Travel date: Mon 19th of June 2006

GREAT PLACE TO TAKE A HOLIDAY

Good

"We have stayed at Elizabeths studio's 4 or 5 times, always had a great time.
The setting is perfect, 10 mins walk from the village and beach.
The apartments are in peacefull surroundings, but with a great atmosphere.
there is a pool and Taki's taverna where everyone is made to feel welcome.
We have recomended Elizabeths studio's to family and friends so that speaks for it's self"

• Travel date: Sat 27th of May 2006

Loved the atomosphere at Elizabeth Studios

"Stayed at the Elizabeth stuidos in Aghia paraskevi, infact we have stayed there several times, the apartments are well kept and the owners are very friendly and helpful. The appartments are very clean and well set out around a pool and pretty gardens, the beach is about a 10 minute wallk away and their pizzas are the best on the island. Well recommended. Well definately be going back this year.

Skiathos itself is a beautiful island and the resort of Aghia Paraskevi is in an excellent position, right in the middle of the island, quiet enough away from town, but in easy reach if you want to get there."

• Travel date: Mon 8th of May 2006

Unhappy Elizabeth

"Our experience of the elizabeth studios was mixed to say the least. The location was very quiet which suited us and the 10 minute walk from the beach wasn't a problem. The studios themselves we found a bit on the grubby side, our bedding could have been cleaner, and the towels were a disgrace. I have thrown better towels away. The gardens were overgrown although some attempt was made on the last week when the small piece of grass near the pool was trimmed. The staff was on the hole fairly pleasant but the owner Elizabeth seemed that she would be happier if we weren't there.

I would encourage anyone to stay at agia paraskevi the resort is extremely nice and the beach as safe as any I have visited. The only thing that it lacks is a toilet there is one in the taverna but I don't think that they encourage the use by casual users.

We were impressed with the restaurants in the resort. The only downer was when we went to "infinity blue" the staff were surley to say the least and my wifes plate was taken away before she had finished her starter they said that they were short of plates. When I asked if they had any fish the owner said that it was too near the end of the tourist season whatever that means and it was curious that my wife found a fish bone in her kleftiko. We liked all of the other restaurants that we visited especially "the green park" although there was only one waiter working the night we were there, also the "maistrali" was a favourite. In skiathos town we could recommend "portobello" on the main drag and "scuna" which was a bit special especially if you can get a table by the water as the water is floodlit and fish can be seen swimming around you also get a very good view of any planes that might come in while you are dining."

• Travel date: Mon 3rd of October 2005

Dark and dirty!

"Just got back from a week on Skiathos. Have visited the island before and think it is lovely, so no problems there. The only problem was with this accommodation. I have visited Greece many times and don't mind the fairly basic nature of most places. In fact I quite like it as it makes me question the necessity of all the possessions we surround ourselves with. Anyway, no problem with basic, but this place was dirty. Toilet pater bins emptied only every other day (GRIM). Shower hose literally black with mould. One roll of bog paper issued, after which we had to buy our own-honestly! Shame really as with a bit of care it could be a nice little place, as each room is a separate mini-house with its own garden. So if you do go to Skiathos I would say avoid this place and try to book into the Ostria,also in Ag. Paraskevi. Stayed there in 2001 and it was lovely; really clean and comfortable with nice staff. Also while in Paraskevi visit Taverna Orsa for a Greek pizza- not very authentic but very tasty! Skiathos town is very pleasant, particularly the old town, with some good restaurants in the little cobbled back streets-1901 was very good but pricey, with rather attractive young waiters adding to the enjoyment!"

• Travel date: Sun 25th of September 2005

Dirty and unfriendly,

"The Elizabeth Studios have the basics for a very pleasant stay however the studio was basic (which I dont mind) but the bathroom was filthy!! the shower head and lead was black the walls and taps did not look as though they had ever been cleaned and as for the toilet seat!!!!

Elizabeth the owner was the most unplesant person I have ever met, not once did I see her smile and she did not seem to acknowlege aby of the gusets. My new fluffy towels were taken from my room apparantly they thought that they were thir towels, how they were confused I'm not sure as theirs resembled sandpaper . Our water was always brown apart from one night when it had the colour and cosistancy of chocolate. When we asked for it to be sorted, Elizabeth without looking at us just barged into the room with a few other people and 1 hour later with the water retrning to its baige colour we were told that they would now have to get the technical people out and were not happy about this as if we wrer to blame!!!

Apart form this we foulnd Skiathos a great Island, all of the other people we met were friendly, the tavernas and resturaunts were great and the beach at AG Paraveski was so beautiful. Skiathos town was delightful and would reccommend a day trip to the Isalnds of Skopelos and Allonnosos.

We would recomend 1901 restauraunt and the Rock and Roll Bar in the Old town."

• Travel date: Sat 9th of July 2005

Really nice

"I stayed at the Elizabeth studios in may this year.The accomodation is in little bungalows amongst rose gardens.The pool was nice but cold and there is a bar though not always someone to serve you.
The studios are quite a walk from the main road but it is well lit and mostly flat,at first it seemed like miles but really it only takes about 5-10 mins to get to the road.It is also VERY safe for women so theres no need to worry about walking back at night.
The rooms are basic self catering but they have everything you need,they are cleaned every other day and we only had one cockroache in the room,horrible yes but it is a hot country after all.
The area of Ag. Paraskevi is lovely,we toured the whole south coast and we were in the best area,the beach is lovely,much nicer than koukanaries even though that is meant to be one of the best in greece.The sand was nicer and it was quiet at Ag. Paraskevi (or Plantanias as the locals call it).We took the bus into Skiathos Town every day,it comes every half hour and costs 1 euro,it was great.
Go to Kohili Bar in Ag. Paraskevi,Vanessa and Christo are lovely!
Skiathos is a wonderful little island,it's so small and friendly that you felt at home there.
We are going back in September and will most likely stay at Elizabeth again,we are also going next May.
Overall,if you want a relaxing,laid back holiday,this is the place to go."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of June 2005

great place to be!

Good

"stayed at the elizabeth studios in june 2001, basic but very comfortable, the staff were very friendly and helpful, Vanessa behind the bar was great, and little sophie good fun. A bit of a walk down to the village but not a steep hill, quite a pleasant walk, at the bottom there is a restaurant run by Christos, superb food and a he is a great host, going back in sept 2004 hope he is still there!"

• Travel date: Sat 8th of May 2004

Hotels near Elizabeth Studios

Stayed at Elizabeth Studios? Share your insight.

Elizabeth Studios is also called