Exterior

• rooftop terrace
  • hot tub
  • heated pool
  • indoor pool
  • free shuttle or taxi services
  • babysitting
  • tv channel one russia
  • rooftop pool
  • electric vehicle charging station

One of the best!

Reviewed 29th March 2013

"I returned from the Met just yesterday and i have only good things to say. It is absolutely great.It has everything one can need. The only problem is the place it is builded which is about 3Km from the center but the hotel has taken care of it with the shuttle bus. We also joined the hotel's New Year's Eve Gala which was almost excellent too except from two important to my opinion details. The food (buffet) could cover every taste, the drinks were plenty, the music was great byt they did not serve vasilopita and champaigne or mavrodafni right after midnight. Since we are in Greece and this is a custom of our country we found it a worth mentioning failure...."

• Travel date: 3rd January 2011

The perfect hotel in Thessaloniki.

Reviewed 3rd April 2013

"Very nice hotel, very nice minimalistic design. One of the best hotels, I have ever been! The only negative is the place, which is not in the centre of Thessaloniki"

• Travel date: 22nd October 2010

Perfect apart from two minor details which visitors should know

Reviewed 2nd April 2013

"The Hotel is almost perfect. Two minor details: Attention to visitors: 3 out of 4 colleagues staying at the same hotel where wondering how to switch off two lights which were situated on the ceiling above the TV. The switch is situated on top of the table below the TV (next to the socket for electricity). It has a cover and sometimes, a tray is placed on top of the cover. I found it but I cannot blame my colleagues for considering it an intelligence test - especially since we arrived at midnight. A nice design for this minimalist style hotel. You cannot really detect there are switches, but this is not necessarily user-friendly. For the hotel management: You have to instruct your staff to always put these lights off and always leave the cover to these switches open. Second detail: Internet is provided for free (wonderful news and it works fine everywhere which is also important) but... you are given a code from the reception valid only for 3 hours every time. This is an unecessary nuisance... My advice for the hotel management: Please fix it and make it completely free or give access for one day at a time. Last (I did not put it in the title as a third comment, because it is not very important) Parking fee: It could have been free, especially since there is amble parking space outside the hotel, so parking space is not a scarce commodity. Having written all that, the hotel is really wonderful, breakfast is very tasty and huge in variety, pool and gym are very good as well, staff is helpful, easy to find, easy access to the city and also to leave the city fast, free transportation to the centre of the city. Not a very good neighbourhoood, but this is not a hotel in the city centre, so you should expect to drive for 5-7 mins to go to the centre."

• Travel date: 22nd October 2010

Art, Luxury, Stylish, Minimalism

Reviewed 28th March 2013

"Despite it„s location (in a very industrial area) this hotel is absolutely charming. It is a place where the art meet luxury, where the comfort meet the minimalism, where you could spent few days in an unique place. Everything is at the highest level, excepting the speed of internet (room 426). Taking a taxi, in 5 minutes I was in a beautiful center of the city paying only 3 euros. So, the location is not a problem at all."

• Travel date: 17th October 2010

True 5 star hotel

Reviewed 1st April 2013

"We selected the Met after reading reviews here on Trip Advisor. I have to admit when we first arrived, I was a little disappointed with the location of the hotel. The area it is located is not within the downtown area of Thessaloniki but a bit further out and the neighborhood is more industrial than I had expected. That said, I was impressed with the hotel itself and more importantly with the staff. Because the hotel is a bit out of the way they do have bus service (the hotel owns the bus) on a regular (i think hourly) basis from the hotel to the main downtown area. We needed to get downtown ourselves and one of the people behind the reception desk, came around and actually drove us himself so we didn't have to wait. Thats what 5 star is all about in my book. The hotel itself if very modern and sleek. Our room was very comfortable and had its own balcony which was very nice. I thought the bathroom was fine.. no issues there. The roof deck was great. I spent one whole afternoon there. There is plenty of covered space with comfortable chairs and tables. Each lounge chair also has an umbrella which can be used. Its also a great place to go in the evening for a drink. The pool is not open at night, but then, at night it is more of a nightclub atmosphere and it makes perfect sense to me that the pool is closed. The gym was great and extensive and had free weights as well which is something I like to use. I had lunch at the restaurant downstairs on one of the days and I must say the food was excellent and not at all overly priced for the quality as one might expect at a 5 star hotel. Also there is a ton of open space with lounges, comfortable over stuffed chairs and sofas and just inviting places to sit and relax. I don't understand the comment about the internet service. I had no issue with it and it worked fine for me. Bottom line... I would stay there again simply because the hotel is beautiful and the staff was always ready to help with anything we needed."

• Travel date: 21st September 2010

Well-earned five stars!

Reviewed 30th March 2013

"Congratulations to the staff on their really honest effort to make our stay as pleasant as possible! Although residents of Thessaloniki, we decided to spend a weekend at the met to relax and rediscover each other away from our two small kids.And everything was perfect! From the service to the food, to the facilities, to the room, to every little detail of very good taste and high standards. Because,in my opinion, it's not enough to spend millions on the building, its architecture and all the design items you can see and use in a hotel; somebody's good taste is also needed! We enjoyed our stay there and because August is low season for the hotels of the city of Thessaloniki, it was a lot cheaper than other 3 or 4-star hotels we have visited, so for us it was also good value for money. One thing i didn't like though, was the fact that they wanted to charge us 15 euros a night for the parking. Especially now with the crisis, i think a more reasonable price, for greek standards, would be more appropriate-or it could be included in the price of the room- since mostly greeks drive to the city with their own cars. Foreigners are usually flown to the city and if they have cars they are rentals so they probably wouldn't care to leave them on the street. On the whole, everybody would enjoy such a good 5-star and i absolutely recommend it for short or longer stays, business or pleasure!"

• Travel date: 10th August 2010

Beautiful

Reviewed 5th April 2013

"Everything was fine. I liked the bath and bed but even services that are truly 5 star.Only regret that I have is that I stayed only one day but I'll definitely return next year."

• Travel date: 3rd August 2010

too good to be true...

Reviewed 4th April 2013

"The Met hotel is the best hotel ive ever stayed in.The architecture of whole building and the interior design are absolutely perfect.The room inside has a lot of space and the combination of the elements is awesome.You should stay in this hotel,its a whole experience :)"

• Travel date: 2nd August 2010

The best in Salonica

Reviewed 31st March 2013

"The hotel is fantastic. From the very helpful and polite staff to the very well designed rooms. The bar in the roof of the hotel offers great view and offers nice coctails. It was a really relaxing experience. The last three years I have visited the city on many occassions and stayed in many hotels in the town. I strongly believe this is the best one."

• Travel date: 25th July 2010

SIMPLY PERFECT

Reviewed 11th October 2012

"Definately one of the best hotels we have ever visited!!! Amasing architecture! Very polite staff! Comfortably mattress! Impressive pieces of art! For sure we will visit it again..."

• Travel date: 29th June 2010

excellent rooms,terrible service

Reviewed 1st November 2012

"the rooms really nice and modern,they have the right amenities, its a five star hotel,the service it depends of the staff.Generally i liked the stay because of the rooms,but i demand and other things by a luxury hotel. The lobby is really amazing,impressive but the roof garden is awful.Outstanding view and you can't sit and enjoy a refreshment..There are no umbrellas over the tables,around the pool there are the lying chairs without shadow,without something to protect you from the sun. The coffee very expensive and nothing special.I think that is too expensive for what they offer."

• Travel date: 23rd June 2010

Rude bellmen, bathroom designed to irritate

Reviewed 28th October 2012

"When we arrived, the bellman (who watched me get out of the back seat of our vehicle) started yelling at me that I could not park there. When informed that I was not the driver, and that he would have to talk to our hired driver, he continued to yell. When my wife approached, he began to yell at her as well, although it was quite clear that neither of us had been within 3 feet of the driver's seat. When he brought up the baggage, and I informed him that it was very inappropriate to yell at the customers in this fashion, he expressed that he "thought [I] was the driver" (obviously a blatant lie... and an attempt to avoid apologizing for his error; too much pride is frowned upon in the service industry). The reception/concierge staff was pleasant, and the hotel design quite chic, although this often comes at the cost of functionality (such as the design of the sink). In light of Greece's financial crisis, I was rather surprised at the option to pay cash for room service, which would be suggestive of some under-the-table dealings. This has not been common practice throughout the rest of Greece... And then I went to take a shower... In a land that seems to have nothing but disfunctional showers, this is possibly the worst shower that I have ever used. The glass "curtain" is purely nominal; consequently, it was clear that to avoid flooding the bathroom (which had no proper drainage scheme), it would be necessary to shower while sitting in the bathtub. Thus, it was clear why there was no practical place to mount the telephone shower head. Showering while sitting was not particularly comfortable either, as this inevitably results in repeatedly hitting one's head with the bathtub faucet. If one tries to stand in the shower, the only place to put the shower head is at groin-level, which is rather painful (as water pressure was not an issue here). I was also intrigued that I seemed to significantly deplete the hot water supply, as I had showered after 11 pm. I have also been rather surprised at the complexity of the internet usage. All signs indicate to call the reception; the reception says to order it on the television (it is the most expensive I have yet seen in Greece, as well). This requires copying down random alphanumeric sequences for both a username and password. And, this very expensive internet service is extremely spotty. Sometimes of moderate speed, sometimes nonexistant. Better internet connections are available at cafes -- and cheaper. There is also, supposedly, a wired internet connection; however, the hotel does not supply an ethernet cable, so if you plan to use it, be sure to bring your own. I would send my enemies to this hotel, as a mean trick."

• Travel date: 2nd June 2010