Bar/Lounge

• babysitting
  • tv channel one russia

It's worth the visit!

Reviewed 9th October 2012

"I stayed at the Makedonia Palace in July. It was the first time for me in this hotel. Alhough I travel a lot both for business and pleasure, seldom do I use hotels in the city centre but I decided to make an exception this time, as I had heard that this hotel is worth the experience. The location is excellent, it's almost in the city centre, 5 minute walk to the market and right in front of the sea. I booked a sea view room at an appealing price that included the american buffet breakfast. Needless to say that I was astonished by the view, what an amazing sunset! The buffet breakfast was delicious with a variety of items to choose from. I enjoyed a drink at the roof top bar veranda and I also had dinner at the restaurant next to it, Porfyra, that was superb!! The staff was friendly and very helpful when I asked information about the city, the perfect picture in combination with the clean and spacious environment of this luxury hotel..... Apart from the hotel, the city has a lot to offer. I ate at the Byzantine museum, which was also great, I wandered around the city and was able to see many of its attactions and went shopping to spoil myself! There are a lot of bar restaurants that are worth the visit like Shark and Interni as well as a lot of bars on the main city avenue that are really nice! Overall, I recommend the Makedonia Palace, when in this city it is the place to stay at!Definately!"

• Travel date: 13th August 2006

A palace indeed!

Reviewed 13th November 2012

"Me and my boyfriend stayed at the Makedonia Palace some days ago. My boyfriend booked us a room as a surprise for my birthday. I had the impression that we were just going to dinner at the top floor restaurant of the hotel which is considered by many the best in our city. The food was excellent there, we were looked after in a discrete way and the environment was so romantic as we were having dinner facing the deep blue sea with a panoramic view. Later on, we were quite impressed by the spacious room, the amenities and once again the breath taking view of the sea. The morning after, we had breakfast at the main hotel restaurant (the buffet seemed endless!) and then went for a bath at the pool. The staff was very friendly and helfpful throughout our stay and I must confess that it has been my best birthday celebration ever! This hotel has been a legend in our city for years, but you have to try it to realise that it really exceeds its reputation!"

• Travel date: 19th June 2006

Really Disappointing

Reviewed 26th December 2012

"Aside from the view, really difficult to find anything positive to say. I stayed in a suite, holes in the wall, peeling wallpaper, terribly scratched wooden floor, dreadful bathroom, air conditioning which would only pump out heat, and rubbish left by the previous occupant. Undoubtedly the worst suite I have ever stayed in anywhere in the world. The rest of the hotel is no better, the restaurant is one league behind the average motorway service station in the quality of the food, decor and style. Simply a horrible hotel."

• Travel date: 6th June 2006

Gives Thessaloniki a bad name

Reviewed 25th December 2012

"Last June me and my husband visited my hometown which is Thessaloniki and stayed at Makedonia Palace. I chose the hotel because of its 5 star rating, its proximity to the city center and for its fantastic sea view. Unfortunately everything else let us down. The room which was sea view was too small, the furniture was dated, the bathroom had a moldy feeling- was too small with the toilet positioned very close to the wall and the maid service was awful. Our room wasn't cleaned properly and we had to complain to the reception. Further the people at the reception were arrogant and unprofessional. We were extrelely dissapointed so we left after the second night and continued our stay at the much cheaper Hyatt Regency which is near the airport. Everything was better there, the room was clean, big and airy, the bathroom was large with a fantastic shower, the room service superb and last but not least the people working at the hotel were professional and of the standard you would expect from a five star hotel!!!"

• Travel date: 29th April 2006

An amazing place to celebrate our three years of marriage

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"The staff and the hotel exceeded our every expectation. On arrival we were greeted warmly and checked in with no fuss. The bedroom and bathrooms were lovely, well appointed and fairly spacious. The view we had from our room was breathtaken as to the other side of the gulf is the Mount Olympus, the place of Gods. And we had many ... romantic sunset drinks under this view. The first morning we were planning just to see the breakfast area and to leave for downtown. That day, we had to change all our schedule as we stayed to the hotel till the staff started to prepare the restaurant for lunch-time. The breakfast buffet was rich and full of delicious temptations. The hotel is within walking distance to the centre of the city, where you can find all momuments, commercial shops, services and dining places as "Parapoli" and "Meat Me". However, after our experience in breakfast time, we didn't miss the chance to enjoy an incredible dinner to the restaurant "Porfyra" (on the top of the hotel) as its smashing flavors are still in our minds. We had a great staying and thanks to the impeccable concierge staff we had the chance to meet the real life of Thessaloniki"

• Travel date: 7th February 2006

5 Star Due To Government Connections

Reviewed 13th November 2012

"It does not feel like a 5 star hotel, probably it keeps its stars due to the preference of the member of the government that stay there during their official visits. The hotel has great location and easy to find free-parking. Friendly personnel with no extra pampering. The building itself is an old one. From the outside it looks like a 1960 concrete average – ugly building, with some inside refurbishing by Grecotel. The pool area looks at little old, you do not feel great to be in the area. The gym is small and never open (twice we stayed in the hotel and both times it was closed)."

• Travel date: 1st February 2006

Great place to be

Reviewed 25th December 2012

"We had our anniversary in December and we spent it in Thessaloniki.We have chosen Makedonia Palace due to the location and reputation of the hotel.We had a very comfortable room with view to the sea and with size bed in high floor as we asked and in the room we found a bottle of wine plus fruits complimentary with a card with wishes for our anniversary.Our dinner in the Porfyra ,the roof top restaurant was excellent and on the day of our departure we got late departure ,free of charge.We really loved it there and we are already planning our next trip."

• Travel date: 18th January 2006

Perfect Xmas

Reviewed 27th October 2012

"We stayed in the Makedonia Palace with my wife and two children during Xmas.We had a junior suite with enough space for all af us and with the best view overlooking the sea and the port.Beyond the excellent food,the location and the clean room we really enjoyed the hospitallity and that our children (4 and 10 years old) had very good time and every one was very nice with them .We really had the feeling of a home away from home.On Xmas eve we had dinner on the roof top restaurant and that was one of the best dinners we ever had in a hotel worldwide."

• Travel date: 13th January 2006

Legendary Hotel all through the years.

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"I had my wife's broter who insisted so much on staying at this Hotel since he works there!All the services were excellent!I really had a good time staying there and the prices are quite normal for a 5 star Hotel in the heart-center of Thessaloniki!i would like to thank personally Mr.Athanssios Pantazis for his great will to assist us in every way!A great service i must admit!"

• Travel date: 3rd January 2006

Hotels near Makedonia Palace

Makedonia Palace is also called

• Makedonia Palace - Classical Hotels
  • makedonia palace classical hotel
  • hotel makedonia palace classical