Exterior View

• heated pool
  • indoor pool
  • tv channel one russia
  • rooftop pool
  • paid private parking nearby
  • czech amenities

Great Potential

Reviewed 5th November 2012

"Stayed here for two nights in May 2006, on the fifth floor. The hotel is conveniently situated in the centre of the city. The rooms are comfortable, although without tea/coffee facilities. There are some things which need improving before this hotel reaches its alleged five star standard. The hot water is strangely erratic, so you risk a cool shower; the breakfast buffet is very average in choice and quality; the pool does not open till 10am. The hotel doesnt attempt to capture customer feedback and just gives the impression they dont care enough. So not sufficient value for a hotel of this expense."

• Travel date: 3rd June 2006

Great location

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"Great location right on main city square. Rooms small by American standards but clean with tasteful decor. Business oriented hotel, although travelled with our 5 year old and was OK. At rack rates hotel is pricey and not worthy of the 5 star rating...staff helpful and accommodating though. Book if you can get a significant discount off the 'sucker' rate, otherwise better values to be found."

• Travel date: 6th March 2006

Great hotel!Loved it!

Reviewed 16th October 2012

"I currently live in Thessaloniki and my boyfriend and I very often choose to stay in one of the city hotels to relax,when we haven't got enough time for an excursion.Electra Palace is always our first choice,so I have stayed there quite some times.Having stayed in many 5 star hotels in different parts of Greece during the last few years,I have to say that this is really one of the best.It is located in the heart of Thessaloniki right above Aristotelous Square,which is to my opinion the best part of the city.All the front rooms have amazing views to the sea,which is really nearby.The whole surrounding area is full of shops,restaurants and cafeterias.The standard rooms are a bit small,but the superior ones are spacious enough.Rooms located on the fifth floor have larger balconies.The Superior rooms'bathrooms are very very nice and spacious too.The rooms are all decorated in classical style as is the rest of the hotel.They are very clean too.The hotel restaurants are very good and in the summer you can have dinner by the pool,which is situated in the roof garden and has a lovely view over the city.There's also an inside swimming pool and a spa.The hotel stuff are nice too.Overall a very very good hotel."

• Travel date: 1st January 2006

Very good

Reviewed 30th October 2012

"Very nice position and wonderfull view on Aristotelous square and the sea . Modern well furnished rooms . Excellent staff . Very good breakfast and wonderfull top floor restaurant and cafe . If you try to find a black point its only that there is not a seperate smoker section in the breakfast room . In general the place is wonderfull ."

• Travel date: 19th December 2005

disappointed

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"I went to Thessaloniki for a business trip. All of my colleagues as well as myself were fairly disappointed by the hotel. I'm not sure what's the case with all types of rooms but standard rooms are fairly small; bathroom, too. I was on the 6th floor, under the roof garden and I could hear steps from above, the elevator.. After a very tiring day at work, all everyone wanted was a hot shower but water pressure and temperature varied (not for my colleagues on the 2nd floor though). Certainly not a 5-star hotel! Good points: 1)excellent location!! 2)great food at restaurant! go there for a dinner either you're staying there or not!! 3)helpful and kind staff"

• Travel date: 9th November 2005

Excellent Hotel and Location

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"Stayed 3 nights at the Electra Palace in Thessaloniki. Found it to be a wonderful hotel with mostly helpful staff in an excellent location (literally in the heart of the city overlooking a lively square and the water). The reception staff was friendly and the rooms (we had requested a 4th or 5th floor room with a balcony) were sizeable and nicely done. One of the most enjoyable meals we had in Greece was at the rooftop restaurant which had fabulous food and excellent service and view. It was a refreshing hotel after a string of poor ones in Greece."

• Travel date: 4th September 2005

Great central Electra

Reviewed 1st December 2012

"Recently updated the Electra Palace is an excellently located Hotel with charm. Very close to the sea and wonderful square surrounded by restaurants and bars, it is a good city hotel. It is an ideal base to explore the interesting mixture of old and new in Thessaloniki. Close to all shopping and fascinating market. The rooms are very comfortable, bathrooms on the small side, but clean and well equipped. The service and friendliness of the staff is excellent. I was advised by email prior to my arrival of a taxi strike and provided with private transfer from the airport to the hotel. An efficient and very pleasant gesture. The roof bar and pool is very comfortable with the most lovely views. The breakfast buffet was perfectly adequate. The Electra is reasonably priced and I repeat very friendly and accommodating. For a city break great. Would definitely return"

• Travel date: 31st May 2005

One of the Best Business Hotels I've Experiences

Reviewed 15th December 2012

"Me and my partner stayed at this Hotel over the Christmas Eve period, and found everything to be great. As expected from a 5* hotel, the concierge was fantastic, everyone had english fluency, and we got an excellent deal.. The room was great, big enough, with a bed to die on.. The bath was made from real granite, and the porcelane items in imaculate condition. The were "HERMES" toiletries.. and not cheap stuff, and of course bath robes and flipflops. The TV could be bigger, and I think 28" is big enough.. Of course a mini bar safe.. A big plus.. Always call the hotel and ask for a backyard room view price.. We got it for Euro119 inc Breakfast, and the cheapest website price was 165. Also breakfast can be delivered to you room for Eur2,90 instead of paying for another breakfast."

• Travel date: 27th December 2004

Was a bit of an experience

Reviewed 14th December 2012

"Was staying here for a business meeting, so I booked three twin rooms. On arrival I was reasonably impressed - I checked in, and mentioned again the twin rooms. When I arrived at my room - there were two beds, but they were pushed together with one large duvet. I went back down to reception when I was told - its definately a twin room - I explained how we would like the beds to be apart. It was arranged at some point, but it was obvious that there was not a great deal of space for the other furniture if the beds were to be parted. The roof top bar is great, and pool (although limited hours of operation). Prices are discracefully high for drinks (go somewhere else for better value). The problem came when I was going to check out - I got into the elevator (lift) and then it stopped. Didn't move, so I pressed the alarm bell and the lights went out. Nothing happened for a while - luckily I had my mobile telephone and contacted a colleague already in the lobby. They eventually reset the system and it took me to the top floor, when I decided to get out and walk down the stairs. Upon check out, staff acted normally - I did at least expect an apology. When I asked if this was normal - the reply was "oh yes that sometimes happens". Won't be going back to the 5 ***** Electra Palace then!"

• Travel date: 11th September 2004

Fantastic Hotel - let down by badly trained management

Reviewed 5th November 2012

"A fantastic looking 5* hotel located right in the heart of the city centre. Great rooms, beautiful resteraunt and fine food... the only let down was finding a dead cockroach on my bedroom floor as I was checking out !! When I confronted management about it they told me that it could have got there by trailing it in on my shoes/suitcase !!! A simple apology was all that i was looking for, but to be accussed of planting a dead cockroach was a bit riddiculous.. Anyway, please don't let this deter you... it is still a fab place that just needs a little bit of customer service training to make it truly fantastic.."

• Travel date: 3rd September 2004