Amazing view of the harbour and the city’s famous White Tower

Good

A wonderful place to stay; treated like a king

Reviewed 18th March 2013

"This hotel was really wonderful. Very modern, but comfortable. Service was extraordinary, from the complimentary minibar, to the free dessert left in your room every evening, I felt like royalty. the rooms were very large for European hotels. The bathroom was elegant. Although my porch overlooked the side street, I could see the ocean if I leaned out a bit. The porch was a good size with a nice table to eat and work at. It was particularly wonderful after being very disappointed and underwhelmed with the Portoa Carras Grand Resort in Chalkidiki earlier in the week. Attached Italian restaurant is a bit pricey, but fantastic. Great northern Italian food. If I return to this city, I will stay here. I recommended it to my Athenian friends."

• Travel date: 9th October 2009

Fantastic, Brilliant

Reviewed 6th March 2013

"We spent three nights here and it was so lovely and very welcoming. We treated ourselves to a sea view junior suite and it had great views. The room was so comfortable and clean, although the hotel is on a main throughfare it was very quiet. Cannot fault it at all and you have all the city has to offer on your doorstep"

• Travel date: 4th August 2009

Perfect in every way

Reviewed 24th February 2013

"Stayed here for three nights and it was all perfect. Sure it is fairly expensive but worth every penny. The non-seaview rooms are cheaper but who would want to miss the view. It is wonderful to sit on the ample balcony in the evening with a glass of cold white wine and watch the sun go down. The hotel is modern and beautifully designed but I must mention the staff who were really helpful, especially with trip advice. We ate in the restaurant a couple of times and it was very good and not expensive. The excellent breakfasts are served in a separate dining room with the hot food cooked to order. Away from the hotel there are plenty of lively bars and good restaurants. We liked the rather strangely named 'Kitchen Bar' overlooking the bay near the harbour."

• Travel date: 2nd June 2009

Great staff, service, room and location

Reviewed 20th February 2013

"What a fantastic hotel. It is pricey, but indeed worth it. Highly recommeded. The hotel is located right on the main road overlooking the sea, but by tucking the enterance on the side street, it does not appear to be hectic and busy. It is hard to find by car (however, we had a poor map). Yes the hotel is luxurious and wonderful. But for us, it was the service. The reception greeted us warmly, they had booked and purchased train tickets for us (organised by email), offered kindly advice, let us have a late check-out (16:00), and get this: in trying to drive and find the hotel we were unable to drive down the main road as it was closed due to a marathon. Hence, we just could not find the hotel. I left on foot to find it and my wife waited in the car several blocks away. After finding the hotel, the conceirage came back with me to direct us (via very narrow and small one-way streets and past a police barrier who was not interested in letting us through!) back to the hotel! The lobby was very simple and nothing special. Rooms were fantastic. Very modern and comfortable. Very elegant bathroom. The mini-bar was stocked and free, included in the room price (that's a first!). Breakfast buffet was excellent, complimented by fresh orange jucie and a wonderful cappuccino. There are several bars all along the main road. If you are looking for a quieter one not geared to loud music, the Daios can be recommended. Note: Thessaloniki is a wonderful place. Completely different from Athens. Much more trendy, great nightlife, restaurants and bars; and more geared to the locals rather than tourists."

• Travel date: 27th April 2009

Absolutely perfect

Reviewed 23rd February 2013

"My partner and myself stayed at the hotel during the International Film Festival. Alhtough the hotel was full, not for a minute did we feel overlooked. The staff was very friendly & room service very quick. Walk distance to all main shopping spots, sightseeing & the nightlife of Thessaloniki. The rooms were very comfortable but most of all the view to the sea of Thermaikos was absolutely stunning. We would definitely recommend it to our friends! In the rate, rich breakfast, free minibar & free parking, welcome fruits are included. Every penny was worth it!"

• Travel date: 30th March 2009

great location and staff

Reviewed 3rd February 2013

"this was our 4th time to thessaloniki and this was the best hotel location. rooms are clean and quiet even on the main road overlooking the water."

• Travel date: 7th November 2008

Very Nice Hotel, Terrific Staff

Reviewed 2nd February 2013

"I highly recommend this well-located, modern hotel to anyone traveling to Thessaloniki. The rooms were very nicely furnished, the beds super comfortable. All three of our rooms were sea view with huge balconies. I thought that for the amenities provided and the amount space we got, the value was really excellent. The hotel's greatest asset is the front desk staff, particularly the guest relations person (this hotel's equivalent of a concierge), Alexandra. This woman is a treasure and a problem solver. When one of our traveling companions left the airport without one of his bags (we were tired, he forgot it) she called Aegean Airlines, located the bag and arranged for a driver to retrieve it. This is just one example of the things she did for us. Breakfast was included in our rate and there was a good selection of items but the service in there was a bit spotty. They tried hard but the coffee wasn't too great (at least we thought it wasn't) and they seemed a little understaffed at times. This was a minor issue. The only other issue, which the hotel cannot control, is that the sea view rooms can be a little noisy at night, particularly on the lower floors. Nikis Ave is a very major thoroughfare and Thessaloniki is a city that apparently parties every night. The rooms are well insulated but if you're a light sleeper a different room (i.e. non sea view) would probably be best."

• Travel date: 9th October 2008

Fabulous Hotel, Fabulous Restaurant

Reviewed 1st February 2013

"The hotel was amazing. Great location, close to everything, super clean rooms, very spacious, We loved the hotel restaurant and ate there several times. It has an amazing view of the sea. The dining room opens onto Nikis Street so you feel that you are part of the activity yet still comfortable and able to have a private dinner. The restaurant manager was very friendly and helpful. He treated us exceptionally well the entire time we were there. Its a worthwhile place to eat if staying anywhere near that area of Thessaloniki."

• Travel date: 17th September 2008

Great place to stay, very friendly stuff

Reviewed 10th February 2013

"Loved my stay. Woderful place and very friendly, helpfull stuff. Excellent furnished room and amazing, spaciouse bathroom."

• Travel date: 25th August 2008

Luxurious yet Friendly

Reviewed 22nd October 2012

"I only stayed there for one night but have nothing but good things to say about this hotel. First of all the location is superb. You are on the sea front, looking at the white tower (the city landmark) and in the middle of the shopping district. Bars, restaurants, clubs are at your doorstep. Upon entering you are greeted by the friendliest receptionists ever. My wife and I felt like we were visiting family. Check in was a quick breeze and we were shorlty escorted to our room. The room itself was big, minimalistic but with all desired amenities. The bed was very comfortable. The most impressive thing was that though we were on the first floor, the windows shut out all the noise. Granted sitting on the balcony is only an option if you can stand the noise, however the views were breathtaking and so we did use it. Breakfast was lovely and again we appreciated the friendliness of the staff. We made a promise to return there whenever we get the opportunity."

• Travel date: 11th May 2008

One of the very best

Reviewed 20th November 2012

"I can't say enough good things about this hotel. I've stayed in dozens of 4- and 5-star hotels all over Europe and the US, and I've really never seen staff so professional, friendly, and courteous. The rooms are large, clean, and comfortable, the balconies are spacious, the breakfast is *excellent*, the minibar is free (!!), and the location is superb. The hotel's attention to detail is truly remarkable. Prices are reasonable by West European standards. (I've stayed in 4-star hotels in NorthWest Europe that charge similar rates and offer an infinitely worse experience.) And once again, the staff is outstanding. Enthusiastically recommended."

• Travel date: 20th April 2008

Loved it

Reviewed 25th November 2012

"We have just returned from Daios Luxury Living in Thessaloniki. We simply loved it. This hotel opened early in 2007 and has now closed one year of life. It is a luxurious hotel, the room we stayed (executive seaview) was very comfortable with all modern facilities of a luxury hotel. The bathroom was superb and included a bathtub as well as a shower. From the balcony you could see the port on the one side and the White Tower on the other side. We recommend this hotel to anyone who likes to spend some time in the room and be treated in a unique way."

• Travel date: 7th February 2008

Hotels near Daios Luxury Living

Daios Luxury Living is also called

• daios luxury living thessaloniki
  • daios luxury living hotel thessaloniki