Sani Club

Sani Resort, Sani 630 77 Greece

beautiful

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"We stayed at the sani beach hotel as part of a wedding party.Yes we were out of season and the resort was fairly quiet,but the room was fantastic,try to get one looking out to sea on ground level,you can walk out of the patio,through your own garden,straight into the sea,beautiful !! .The breakfast was great,lots of choice,as much as you like.Evening entertainment was fine,the reps putting on shows,singing,quizzes,etc.Very friendly english reps sat with us after hours.The evening meals were themed daily,and the food was fantastic.You do need to be able to relax,because it is a long taxi trip to town.The marina out of the complex is beautiful with various resteraunts,and a few shops.It is a lovely resort all round,very friendly and very clen A1 !!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Fri 24th of June 2005

i'll be back !!

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"I have just returned from what I believe is one of the best holidays I have had anywhere in Europe. I had the pleasure of staying at the Sani Beach Club and paid the extra to have a room with a pool. This I have to say was a real bonus as my son and familly had one with a garden and I think the pool just made the holiday that bit special. The room was clean and functional and both my wife and I found the beds very compfortable. The staff here are very friendly and if you have any problems they are sorted straight away. I read in one of your reports of the dog problem. Well the only dog on the premises was well fed and friendly and was seen only in the evening when it walked around the complex not troubling anyone. So that matter seems to have been adressed. The food was exceptional in the restaurant, both hot and varied every night. My wife stayed mainly on the salads which she says were really good. Would I go back. Too right and probably next year. This resort is the closest you will get to feeling you are in the Carribean."

• Travel date: Mon 6th of June 2005

Superb Resort and Hotel

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2012

"My wife and I have just returned from a week (4th June 2005) at the Sani Beach Club. We booked the hotel and flights direct.

What a superb resort, the Junior Suite we had was comfortable and clean, nice wicker furniture and sunbeds in the garden and a great view of the sea to wake up to every morning.

I normally suffer badly from mosquito bites and have a bad swelling reaction so was a little concerned by some of the mentions in reviews of the number in the resort. However we took plenty of 50% deet spray and an electric plug in for the room. I had only one bite. I did hear other people with lots of bites but think if you use the sprays you will be fine.

The staff are the best I have experienced anywhere in the world, very friendly, always smiling and happy to do anything to make your stay enjoyable and they were sincere about it.

The food was absolutely first class, do try the Ouzerie overlooking the Beach its a great setting, superb staff and lovely food. We used the Dine Around Scheme to try different restaurants, all very good and the free sunset cruise witha couple of glasses of champagne and canapes was a lovely and unexpected touch. I did not see it advertised and as we travelled directly we had no rep but just ask at hospitality and book it as early as possible as spaces are limited and it gets booked quickly.

For this break we just wanted complete rest in a nice location and we got exactly that and more. Beach towel service woked very well for us and we never had a problem getting sun loungers on the beach where we wanted them. People get down late and leave early and there was always plenty of room. The Brasserie send staff down on the beach all day to take snack and drink orders, very efficient.

We visited the night club one night and I guess as it was half term and fairly early in the season it was very quiet - -we managed to miss the last shuttle bus back to the beach club and asked for a taxi- the Beach club however sent one of their staff in a car to pick us up, unexpected and beyond the call of duty but such a nice thing to do.

we loved the fact that the Beach Club was a little more isolated but a 10/15 min walk or 5 minute shuttle bus ride and you were at the Marina or the hotel with ease. The Bars all had different and good music and the entertainment was all good fun. The resort has plenty of activity if you want it from Scuba Diving to Archery and Vollyball but no pressure to join in if you just want to crash for a week or two.

We would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants great food, plenty of different bars, nice shops, nice beaches, whether you are a couple or a family I would say this resort and the superb staff will give you everything you need."

• Travel date: Sat 4th of June 2005

Two weeks close to nature, in comfort!

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"My wife and I (50 / 21+) returned yesterday from our first visit to Halkidiki staying at the Sani Beach Club in a Junior Suite for 2 weeks. The whole experience was great, even the minor start of season complaints we had regarding hot water and a broken hairdryer in the room were fixed within minutes of our request.

The room had a clear sea view towards the Hotel (part of the same complex) and of the beach line past the Marina to the suites. We didnt pay the extra for a private pool, these are unheated and small, however some friends indicated that they considered that the pool did add a feel good factor.

The suite had a generous terrace and a garden in front with table 3 chairs and two loungers for our private use. The room was split level with generous wardrobe space. The fridge does enable you to unofficially chill your own food / drink.

The rooms have an emersion tank for hot water so showers are fine but a deep bath may take a little longer to achieve, but it is possible with a little patience. Watch the descriptions of other accomodations on the resort as many rooms ony have showers. I like a tub!

Room safes are key operated which means carrying a large key with you but this is not really a problem.

Food quality in the main buffet restaurants in the hotel and the club is good, varied and mostly hot! We were on half-board and used the "Dine-Around" option to eat 5 meals in each and also tried some of the other Marina and hotel restaurants. The Artemis in the Sani Village is vey stylish for a supplement of just 5 euros per head. If you feel rich Beluga Caviar is available at 125 euros a portion in the Waterside Restaurant in the Asterias Suites - there is something for everyone here!

There was daily entertainment and we particularly enjoyed the professional dance troop who had rehearsed at least 4 different shows, the Club ents manager Andy and his team provide a variety of activities from a "Saturday Night Fever" show to American Bingo! Andy can also be spotted slicing up fruit for breakfast - just to get to know the guests better.

As mentioned by others the hotel provides a bus service to 4 towns N.Mondea (not great), Kassandria (OK for the Market Day), Kalithea (pleasant beach stroll with a climb down / back and with a touristy centre for shopping / refreshments) and Athitos (a more traditional village again with beach, bars and restaurants). You need to buy tickets at reception for 3.50 euros each way per person, these are on sale from 09.00 on the day. The bus leaves at 09.30 and returns at 13.00.

The courtesy boat trips started operating this week. On Mondays and Wednesdays the hotel offer either a trip from 10.00 to 14.00 along the coast with baguette and water lunch, or a sunset cruise for an hour from 19.30. These leave from the Marina and are absolutely FREE!

For details of all this and more - walk maps, meals in the different hotels, ents programme etc ask at reception or talk to the excellent hospitality manager Savvas.

All the staff at the resort made our stay feel special, a few well chosen words of Greek will help the smile factor!

We also enjoyed walking to Siviri and back (19 kms), mountain biking ( 5 euro half day or 10 for a full day). With the tour operator we took the trips to Mt Athos on the Pirate boat, to the Caves at Petrona and hired a car to see the sights of the Sithonia peninsula (250 kilometers in one day was easily achievable!). There was also a well equipped watersports outlet with PADI diving at the Club.

For a relaxing enjoyable break we can fully recommend this resort."

• Travel date: Thu 19th of May 2005

Lovely hotel

Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"We stayed at Porto Sani Village in July 2004 and thought it was terrific. The hotel was immaculate, the pool complex by far the best we'd seen. We have a 3 year old and the pool was great for her - really safe, as it starts out very shallow. Our room was on the ground floor right next to the pool - in fact we had three interconnecting rooms for five of us, very clean and spacious. Staff were generally very friendly and the food was good.
The brand new marina just below the hotel was a great place to wander in the evenings, and to eat out, and the hotel has a reciprocal dining arrangement with most restaurants if you are on half board.
The only disappointment for me was the beach, which is ok but not great, very narrow, not very golden and the sea rather murky and full of seaweed - not the crystal clear mediterranean blue of say, Sardinia. However, it was certainly safe to swim and offered watersports. My older teenage children loved this holiday too."

• Travel date: Mon 11th of April 2005

Beware of mosquitoes and sleezy men

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"This resort is brilliant. I went with my parents, my brother and his friend (both 15) and myself and a friend (both 17).
On the night of arrival my friend and I had a scare upon visiting the nightclub, being followed to our room by two men and having to call reception and get security outside our door. The reception was very helpful indeed and moved us to another room but these men pestered us for the rest of the holiday, only to find out later that they worked in the water sports facility.
The swimming pools were great and although the towel hand-in deadlines were tricky the area near the pool was clean and there were always spare sun beds. The main beach in front of the hotel is impressive but not as impressive as the strip of beach running down the side of the hotel. This beach also had a great, clean white bar although a little expensive and the beach was less crowded than the main beach.
Although we ordered two twin rooms and one double we recieved three doubles. We complained and they upgraded us to much nicer rooms and we were given a silver card giving us 20% off everything- it's good to complain.
Mosquitoes were everywhere and apparently this is because the resort is in a special area where it is not allowed to prevent mosquitoes problems in the hotel. My friend was bitten all over her legs. She counted more than 200 bites-no joke. I only got one and I slept in a bed next to hers so i think it depends.
For meals wait until the designated times to eat. It's not worth wasting money on day-time snacks when the food is so amazing in the hotel although I recommend the sani beach club's restaurant which has the same food but a nicer atmosphere but you have to book this.
The sea itself was gorgeous. I've been to many places and i've never seen such beautiful sea apart from the day after a rainy night when the sea weed was washed up onto the shore. The weather was great and very hot.
I never visited the evening live entertainment but i heard it was good. The club was good but watch out if you are a young woman or girl as it is inevitable that there will be sleazy men on the prowl. People all over the resort come to the club and this makes it the place to be at night.

Activities are plentiful and the tennis facility is adequate- they have four tennis courts. The gym is good and the bike option is fun especially if you take the scenic, sandy path beside the small beach and see a tortoise family!

I recommend taking a car out for the day (we took a jeep convertable and left my brother and his friend at the hotel). It was really fun exploring the middle finger (hopefully you understand what I mean). I really really recommend stopping off at wine restaurants and bars on the way as this gives a typical Greek experience and the Greek Salad is too good to pass up.

This holiday was amazing but watch out for annoying mosquitoes and even more annoying men."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of April 2005

Not worth it

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"Definitely not a very good choice as the resort is located about a 20 minute drive from the happening places. Sani alone is ok but when you are paying as much as 230 Euro per night it's definitely a poor choice. The beaches are not as nice as the ones on the opposite side of the first leg and again it's a 20 to 30 minute drive. You can't get a towell for the beach or the pool between 12 and 4pm which i think is rediculous since most people head to the beach between those hours. The rooms are very very small and poorly decorated. Service is good and the views if you have a seaview room are fabulous. Try the Meliton beach on the second leg. It's cheaper, the hotel beach is fabulous, marmaras nearby is splendid and the hotel beaches are stunning. The rooms are indeed deluxe and the service is excellent."

• Travel date: Sun 19th of September 2004

Lived upto expectations

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"Sani Beach Hotel

We are a family of four (40,39,14 Boy ,9 Girl)
We stayed at the Sani Beach Hotel from the 12th Aug 04 for 2 weeks. I should say it’s awful and keep the secret to myself, but this Hotel and the resort, as a whole is gorgeous. It offered everything you want from a family Holiday, no stress, cleanliness, great staff, security, and zero hassle.

You walk through the front doors of the hotel and are greeted by the Concierge who whisks your bags away, while you take in the glorious view of the crystal clear Aegean.

The reception staff speak perfect English – well all the staff do. No minor thing is too small for them to help with.
The hotel is a bit multi level and whilst lifts are easily available, I guess having a wheelchair of Pram will slow you down. But no need to rush anywhere in this resort.
The Pools - The very large Lagoon shaped pool is multi depth. You can walk in from one side and it goes around to about 2.5 metres. Also there is a small shallow baby pool.
Now we travelled at peak school holiday time and expected Sun bed issues around the pool. The luxurious padded beds had to be reserved by around 8 am. And I wasn’t going to go to bed early for that !. But don’t worry – there are lots of beds in the Grassy areas around the pool, both in the shade and in the Sun.
Also a few steps and you get straight on to one of the two beaches. This, in my opinion, is not the better of the two beaches near this hotel. Having said that – its still a lovely beach gently sloping into the Sea. There is a very nice Beach bar just behind the Beach and waitress service all day on the beach.
The best of the Beaches is called Bousolas beach. This can be accessed through the B block of the hotel or alternatively out through the Hotel front door and stroll down to path which takes you to the beach ( 4 mins max). That path takes you to a really funky bar (Plays Ibiza chilled style music) and free reserved Sun beds for the hotel guests. This also benefits from waitress service and you get 30% off all you drink from this bar. You can walk about 3 miles down this beach, and after the first 300 yards you will struggle to see another sole. The beach is no more than 3 sunbeds deep so you don’t feel like hundreds of people are squeezing past you. All the beaches are cleaned every night.
They had a beach party one night at the Bousolas beach - which was great for the kids. On arrival you get towel cards and you can get clean beach towels at 10 am and 4 pm every day.
Kids Club - The kids club is the only one run in the hotel; none of the tour companies have their own, which is more common. My daughter would not normally go to more than one session for the whole holiday, but it is great testament to the Kids club that she was a frequent visitor. For one thing the timings were great – 10am till 1pm, 3pm to 6pm, and then at 6.30 they could all meet up and eat together in the restaurant. Some of the activities were riding on the Banana boat, practising and appearing a musical ( Cats) with full costumes for every child. Pie making, beach combing, treasure hunt, painting pebbles and then selling them to get money for Ice Cream !!. Junior entrepreneurs!!
The teen club had loads of activities on its programme but my son was quite happy chatting and playing with the many teenagers staying at the Hotel.
One thing I have to say is that practically all the children and teenagers were exceptionally well behaved, and a pleasure to chat too. There was no silly drunkenness that so often occurs at some family hotels.
The bedrooms – We had a suite which is approximately the size of two bedrooms open plan, with a lovely corner bath with shower over it. The standard bedrooms were nice but nothing exceptional, they only have showers in these and I think that’s why this hotel doesn’t quite get a 5 star rating.
Food – The main restaurant does get busy at peak times so avoid them if you can. The food is excellent buffet style; the breakfasts are great too, with a fine selection of cooked and cold food. You can get food at the pool bar and also the two beach bars – I have no complaints about the quality. One thing you will notice is that the moment your plate is cleared a waitress will whisk it away and I think that this is the reason that flies and wasps were so scarce!
The dine around scheme run by the resort operates brilliantly. We tried a few different restaurants you are better getting the Hotel to book you in. The Sani Village indoor restaurant offers Silver service for an extra 4 euros plus your meal voucher. The outdoor Lagoon restaurant has the chefs Flambé food at your table – expect to pay for the privilege (150 euros for the 3 of us) but it was lovely. All I can say is take that short stroll 3 mins to the Marina and try some of the restraints and bars for some real atmosphere.
Spa – I had two back and neck massages and found them to be extremely relaxing and value for money.
We went over to the Sani Beach club a couple of times, you can get their by the free minibus every 20 mins or walking along the beach. This seemed a little too remote for me and together with the old fashioned and small pool, not what I expected.
The Porto Sani Village looked nice a quiet with easy access to the Marina and a specially reserved area of the beach. The Asterias suites are pretty new and overlook the Marina or the sea but we never saw anyone in them to find out what they were like.
Money – it is more expensive to eat and drink here – but lets put it into perspective this is a 5 star resort and so you should expect to pay more. You are able to charge everything to your room, which avoids the hassle of carrying money.
Extras – The hotel have a free yes free day trip on a boat to the end of the Peninsular and also a free Sun set boat trip. Ask guest relations early on your holiday.
Locality – We found out on our last day about a small village called Afitos an we ate there on our last night – lovely food very cheap a 12 Euro taxi ride away. We went on a bus trip to a village called Moudania – don’t bother, its like Beirut.

We booked direct with the Hotel and airline and I reckon we saved nearly 1500 GBP.
Look at saniresort.gr for all you needs. Plus you get free taxi transfers and you don’t pay until you leave !!

We will return – a first for us !"

• Travel date: Mon 13th of September 2004

fab holiday

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"The Sani Resort was great for all the family! Everyone enjoyed the swimming pool which for once wasn't to crowded!! The beach was great (very clean) I especially enjoyed SUPER MABLE one of the water sports available. The food was one of the main highlights of the holiday we all loved the buffet as there were no queues and you could eat as much or as little as you want as slowly as you want. Also if you wanted to try cooking some greek food at home one of the activities is greek cooking. The restaurants at the MARINA were quite expensive though. The rooms were nice ours even had its own garden with the sea at the bottom of it which was something special. Evening entertainment was not quite as good as there is not much to do but we enjoyed games of poole in the games room & milkshakes in the dolphin bar. The Sani Resort is for all ages as there is something for everyone as there are so many things to do during the day. It was also a very friendly atmosphere. Overall I really enjoyed my stay at the Sani Resort and would definately consider going back! :)"

• Travel date: Wed 1st of September 2004

Brilliant!

Reviewed Fri 16th of November 2012

"We have been to Sani Beach twice and it was excellent. The hotel is fantastic, rooms were lovely. All the staff were always very friendly and helpful. For me, the best thing is the scenery and sea views, its well worth getting a room with a full sea view as waking up to the views every morning is something special. Because the hotel is in a remote area, the wildlife is great with birds nesting on your balcony and you really feel--`away from it all'.
I would thoroughly recommend it and would definately go again."

• Travel date: Wed 11th of August 2004

Excellent resort made for families with young children

Reviewed Fri 20th of May 2016

"If you have young kids (0-48 month) and are looking for a high quality, modern and stylish relaxing holiday you have found the right place. However bear in mind that full board comes excluding drinks, not even water. The price for a Coke is 5€ and a 1l water is 4.60€!!! We felt that this was excessive.

We came with an 18 month old and six months pregnant, not quite knowing what to expect as we never really have been resort people.

Our minds were put at rest as soon as we got reception which was beautifully laid out in a very elegant and tasteful style. Check-in was super efficient with everything done by the staff while we relaxed with a drink.

The rooms are a good size, very well equipped ( we were in a junior suite with garden). Bathroom had shower and bath, scale and hair dryer. It came with a double sink and plenty of storage capacity.

Large double bed with comfortable mattress. We are pretty picky about our pillows and upon request the hotel gave us memory foam pillows which did the job. This was just one example of the excellent customer service.

There is a great kids pool only 0.4m deep and heated so even the youngest can safely play surrounded by very high quality sun loungers and umbrellas. There was also a main pool , also heated which came in handy mid May.

The Club has a lovely private beach. It is very clean and shallow with hardly any waves or seaweed. Ideal for even the smallest to play in and enjoy. The beach comes with plenty sun loungers and umbrellas and even at full capacity of the resort it was never difficult to find a good spot. Towel service at the pool and beach was excellent and fast. They have a "Babe watch" service at the beach where you can leave your toddler in a gated beach area, with loads of toys and personally supervised by qualified staff.

Food:
The main restaurant serves buffets for breakfast, lunch and dinner. All buffets are very high quality food, healthy options and signature chefs dishes. All served within a nice, elegant atmosphere that never seemed to be too full or busy.
This main restaurant has a lovely big terrace overlooking the sea and there are plenty of baby high chairs and baby cutlery available.
Excellent service from staff who are also very attentive to the needs of the very little guests and comfort kids as well as parents as much as one could dream of. They definitely ALL go the extra mile when it comes to looking after their guests.

Entertainment is available - such as Aqua gym, aerobics, baby swimming, evening live music. However we have not participated and hence do not comment.

Maybe also to mention - the resort has only low rise, small units accommodation. There is no big hotel complex, which is why we had chosen this resort as we are not fan of big box vacation. All units sit within a lovely green park area, with a kids playground and lots of grassy areas. The entire club resort is beautifully maintained to an immaculate standard. All units are served by club cars which are always available.
The entire resort is very stroller friendly and kids of all ages are more than welcome.

To sum up, we have been absolutely delighted by our stay here. The whole place is perfectly set up to help parents relax and enjoy time with their youngsters. Everything is taken care of by the excellent quality of customer service delivered by the entire team in the club. "

• Travel date: Tue 17th of May 2016

Imagine a resort that is so perfect for...

Reviewed Mon 22nd of September 2008

"Imagine a resort that is so perfect for families and couples that you are unsure if it really exists, well it does it is the Sani Resort.

All four of the Sani resorts (Sani Beach Club, Sani Beach Hotel & Spa, Porto Sani Village & Spa and the Asterias Suites) are located on the Cape of Sani Halkidiki. The beaches are beautiful with white sand. On a clear day you can see Mount Olympos from the Sani beach. The lovely blue water is ideal for families with children and is calm like a lake.

We stayed at the Sani Beach Club on an All Inclusive basis. I must add that you cannot fault the hotel. It has everything you need and is the most relaxing resort I have ever visited. The rooms are huge, the facilities are superb, the staff are simply beautiful and the food is amazing.

For those with babies all of the Sani Resorts offer a creche and baby sitting facilities. For kids there are kids clubs catering for 4-16 year olds.

Staying all inclusive and half board gives you the "Dine Around" option where you can eat at various restaurants at the other hotels but also at the restaurants in the Sani Marina. I must add the Tomato and the Italian Restaurants are fantastic. Eating at the Marina, looking at the yatchs is amazing.

If you are looking for the perfect holiday and are willing to pay a little extra look at the Sani Resort, it is truely amazing.

• Travel date: Mon 22nd of September 2008

Hotels near Sani Club

Stayed at Sani Club? Share your insight.

Sani Club is also called