Pool

• private beach
  • tv channel one russia
  • butler service

Good

Wow, what a place to be!!!!

Reviewed 25th September 2012

"We have just returned from staying at the Asterias Suites having been recommended by family. Well it exceeded all expectations! The whole property was extremely superb for a relaxing break away from working life. The 'Junior' Suite certainly didn't make us feel inferior - it was plenty large enough and like everywhere on the resort, decorated and furnished in a classy and sophisticated way with no 'Bling'. All of the staff were friendly and attentive but certainly not pushy in any way. Whether on the beach or in the restaurant, the service was first class. Would we go there again - you bet! Thanks to all for making our holiday one to remember - see you soon. Mike & Jan"

• Travel date: 25th September 2012

Fabulous a little bit of heaven on earth

Reviewed 15th November 2012

"A friend and I are just back from a stay at the wonderful Sani resort. Wow what a place. We stayed in the top hotel in the resort, the Asterias suites. Wonderful. From the welcome from the gorgeous George , we knew we would feel right at home. The hotel is stylish elegent and yet welcoming. Our room was on the beach with the most lovely view. The suite was lovely. They think of everything, even having candles on the balcony. Breakfast was taken in the main hotel and it was great. Plently of choice. Our day started with tennis lessons with Zoltan the coach who was very patient. Afternoons were on the beach only moving to have lunch. Try the Bousalas beach bar great fun. lively music and at the weekends full of locals having a great time. Evenings, well you are spoiled for choice. The marina has plenty of restauants. Our favourite tomata and the water restaurant at our hotel. The only dissapointing one was macaroni but that was becuase the lady who served us was having a bad day and treated us badly. This only showed how wonderful and attentive all the rest of the staff at this resort were. There are a lots of students working in the resort who are all lovely and from differentt countries. It adds to the colour. Would we go back, In a heartbeat. Who is this resort good for. Familes couples honeymooners. Any one really. The weather is lovely in may not quite sure how I would take the heat in summer. One downside the mosquitos. Take plenty of insect repellent. Try this lovely resort they deserve all the prize as the top resort in Greece."

• Travel date: 2nd June 2006

Asterias Suites - A Fair Assessment

Reviewed 15th October 2012

"Stayed with my wife and son (aged 4) at the beginning of May and must say that I am suprised by some of the negative feedback this place has received. Firstly I would mention that this is a five star option. Stars are awarded on facilities and the Asterias Suites justify them, how they are delivered is how you distinguish one hotel from another - Nothing was to much trouble and they seem to have a small team of dedicated and happy staff who looked after us well. We had an ocean facing suite which was very comfortable (not sumptious but I am not sure how practical that would be just off the beach) large with all mod cons and the standard marble bathroom etc. There was also DVD (could play CD's) but suggest you take along any kids DVD's as hotel choice quite limited. We were issued with a credit card we could use throughout the resort. Had no noise or insect problems and thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The up sides were great baby-sitting service allowing us to have dinner out evey night and staff who were very child-friendly. There were many people there on a return visit. A car is a MUST if you want to get out to real Greece at night and there is a very pretty fishing village about 15 minutes drive away. Resort restaurants are the marina good but it is a resort so can be a bit sanitised but safe, clean and impressive. Four star hotel next door is a bit more package holiday but you can also dip into all their services (kids club etc which was very good). The pool at this time of year was however very cold! but apparently warms up by end of May. The Spa at Sani Village was also excellent. This is a great all-rounder choice for a getaway with young kids.If you are .thinking of a honeymoon however I would suggest somewhere a bit more couples only."

• Travel date: 18th May 2006

Never again - a smokers paradise

Reviewed 29th October 2012

"Very over-rated. I always use this site before even looking at booking accommodation so was really looking forward to arriving at the Asterias Suites. The house-keeping & turn-down service was very random - sometimes twice a day, sometimes not at all for 3 days. Luxurious rooms with Dr. Haushka goodies with beautiful marina views. Meals within the resort as well as the hotel are pricey but nice enough. Smoking was accepted absolutely EVERYWHERE - yes, even in the resort open-plan kitchens by chefs. Nice enough for a week but I would certainly not pay the price the glossy brochures charge & couldn't have stayed any longer."

• Travel date: 22nd April 2006

Not a 5 star resort.

Reviewed 18th November 2012

"I stayed here with my fiancee for 10 days in late Sept. I had done my homework & did realise that this resort catered for children.However on the basis that it was outside of the school holidays we took our chances! Can I say now noisy & unruly children are the least of this hotel's problems! On the positive the suite we had was lovely with access directly onto the beach.Sadly thats where the good news ends! Negatives- 1.The hotel is situated at the far end of the Sani resort next to the 4 star Sani hotel.To put it mildly there were residents from this hotel who clearly didnt know how to behave properly. 2.The hotel describes the fact it has a private beach facility-not true.The less desirables from next door had free access to our beach-there is no gate or sign indicating otherwise to them-so you cant blame them for this. 3.The noise from the hotel nightclub could be clearly heard until at least 3/4 am Sitting out on our patio was like being in the club itself!! 4.The cleanliness of the suite did leave a little to be desired. We had some room service trays which were left outside for well over 24 hours attracting wasps etc. 5.It was impossible to get proper wine glasses for our room despite repeated requests we gave up in the end!! 6.Wasps are everywhere-you cant eat outside in the daytime without taking your life in your hands! In conclusion I think this is a totally over-rated resort.Save your money for a proper 5 star resort!"

• Travel date: 22nd February 2006

Asterias Suites - A Parents View!

Reviewed 18th November 2012

"I have read a number of reviews on here, a great many of which seem to be fairly negative towards the presence of Children/Toddlers at the hotel. Having stayed at the Asterias Suites for 2 weeks in September, I would like to express my view as a responsible parent. The key point I would raise is that people should do their homework. As a parent it is key that a resort and hotel can not only cater for children but is tolerant of them. I researched the area and hotel extensively and it is widely regarded as a family hotel. Brochures promote babysitting services, a childrens pool, Babewatch at the private beach and a childrens club not too mention the significant child reduction incentives on offer. The child friendly slant goes as far as the hotel receiving a recommendation from a valued website for parents who travel with their children. In all of the literature I researched before we booked be it on the net, magazine articles or brochures the hotel is marketed as being a private and luxurious resort that caters for children. I could understand the points of view expressed if this wasn't the case and I have sympathy for those if they they didn't pick up on this point, but I fail to see how this was possible given the reasons I mention above. My experience of the hotel is that although the staff at the Asterias suites were very welcoming and made us feel like valued customers, some of the guests did make us feel a little like "lepers" which left us feeling a little uncomfortable at times. We have a 2.5 year old boy and he can get excitable at times, he was on holiday!, but we were also respectful of the surroundings and didn't let this get to OTT as it was clear that there were also couples and honeymooners at the hotel trying to get some R&R. The bottom line is my family and I were paid up guests at the hotel and I resented at times other guests looking down their noses at us simply because my son wanted to splash and laugh out loud in and around in the childrens pool in the middle of the afternoon whilst "others" were trying to relax. Don't get me wrong, the majority of people were really nice but I would like to counter the view that not only people under the age of 5 are capable of putting a slight dampner on a holiday for some of the other guests staying at the hotel! Overall the hotel was fantastic and the staff attentive. I would happily return or recommend the hotel to others seeking a relaxed holiday in excellent surroundings."

• Travel date: 7th October 2005

Beautiful Hotel but enough for 1 week

Reviewed 15th November 2012

"We have just returned from a 10 day stay at Asteria Suites. Beautiful hotel, lovely rooms and enormous balconies, staff very friendly and could not do enough to help. The breakfasts were very generous with plenty of choice and would recommend taking breakfast in your room if you can. Lovely private sandy beach [no pebbles] with plenty of sunloungers/parasols, plus waiter service at no extra cost. Sea was great for swimming, not too deep. Pool and bar area were equally pleasant making a change of scene from the beach. I would agree with other comments regarding the children, that said, they were never really bothersome which is more than I could say of other resorts at the sametime of year. Resort wise the lack of activity/choice of place to eat, drink etc can become limiting [unless you just want to sunbathe all day] although cost wise I'd say it was not the most expensive place we've been to. The supermarket was a useful way of keeping your food and drink bill down, especially as we had such a lovely balcony overlooking the sea to go back to. Personally I would recommend these and not those overlooking the marina, as these were a lot more private. Whilst I'd never rule out returning, next time we will definitely hire a car and venture further afield. P.S The wasps are a pain if you eat outside in the daytime!!"

• Travel date: 23rd September 2005

Not for a honeymoon

Reviewed 9th November 2012

"The Asterias Suites are beautiful. George and his team manage impeccably this 2 year old complex. Wonderfully clean,spacious, tasteful rooms with lovely toiletries and towelling robes. The beach is clean and shallow with clear blue sea. The hotel restaurant and bar are chic and the food is good if pricey. The breakfast is not to be missed. The staff are so friendly and from a range of countries. The pool is a little small and freezing cold, even in 30 degree heat! - there is a lovely lifeguard called Effy on duty 6 days per week. The resort of Sani is man made and therefore appears at first a little sanitised.This is not real Greece, you get used to it though, it is well run, spotlessly clean and no lager louts will be found in this resort! There is a good range of restaurants, our favourites were Byblyos(expensive) and Bosporos(cheap). The Tomata which has been raved about was poor, I think they have become complacent and use the fact that its sister restaurant in Santorini has had good reviews. This one is nowhere near that standard and my starter of feta in a tomato sauce and fried potatoes was shoved down in front of me and introduced as "chips"!! Which, it was, with some concentrated tomato paste smeared on the the feta -unbelievable. The hotel had an occupancy of approx 70% children under 5/ 30% couples as it was after school holidays, and I thank my lucky stars I did not book my honeymoon before the kids went back as it was bad enough with the under 5's, most of which were babies. This hotel needs to decide - is it families or couples they want as it is not fair when we paid nearly £4,000 for 2 weeks B&B to spend every mealtime and pool time with babies everywhere, cute as they were. So, as lovely as it is, we won't be going back, it is too much like a creche."

• Travel date: 17th September 2005

Good experience

Reviewed 2nd November 2012

"Stayed at Asterias Suites with two children. Our experience was pretty good, with excellent service (we did have a non-working safe box mentioned in other reviews, but it was fixed without delay), good standard room (no stains - unlike the experience mentioned in another review), with a patio and direct access to sea. The beach has fine pale sand and water was shallow and relatively warm, perfect for children. Yes there was a small band of stones (mentioned elsewhere) at the waterline, but a further 20 yards along the beach we found just sand, no stones. Plenty of activities (watersports, some of them suitable for young children such as banana boats, bicycle hire incl. bicycles with stabilisers for small children, trips to caves and local villages). Agree that the hotel could advertise the excursions more prominently, but when we enquired, we got very good attention and explanations from the reception staff about the options. The hotel restaurant was very good (although expensive), with pleasant live flute or piano music, and welcoming for children even late at night. I would agree with another reviewer that noise from the other parts of the Sani resort (not from Asterias Suites) was a minus; we dealt with it by turning the air-con right up, which drowned the noise. We were at the other end, close to Sani Beach Hotel, and got the noise from there, so you probably cannot win in terms of position of the room. However we still had a great time at Asterias. I would go again."

• Travel date: 5th September 2005

Some Problems!

Reviewed 9th November 2012

"We have just returned from the Sani Asterias Suites after a 2.5 week stay in a beachfront deluxe suite. The hotel is in a great location with lots of woodland nearby and great beaches. The suite we stayed in was lovely - on the beach with 2 bathrooms, large separate living room and its own small garden. The marina has a selection of different restaurants to try, although quite expensive, they added to the variety of eating places for our stay. Staff at the Asterias suites were great - friendly and helpful although occasionally the service was rather slow and sometimes incompetent. This may have been a language blip and something that we decided to put up with as part of the charm of Greece!! We agree that there were lots of small kids around but it was the Summer holidays. Some were a total pain and to be avoided, but most were OK and supervised by either the lifeguard or their parents!! A word of warning though before you book this hotel! The accommodation is configured so that the 'deluxe' marina and beach suites were the noisiest on the complex, although the most expensive. We suffered from constant noise (from 3pm until 3am) from the bar and camp site a quarter of a mile from our suite. The thump, thump music was incredible, so much so that it was impossible to sit on our beautiful terrace most evenings to read a book!! Complaints to the management meant that a security guard would trundle off to the camp site and ask them to turn down the music, which they did. And low and behold, 15 minutes later the music went up again!!! We would recommend that you check out this situation with your tour operator or the hotel before you book. Saying that though - if you want to stay at this hotel, don't be totally but off - just make sure you don't book accommodation as described above. The cheaper (and perfectly lovely) standard suites by the pool area are protected from the noise, so they may be worth considering."

• Travel date: 11th August 2005

Very relaxing

Reviewed 2nd November 2012

"We stayed at the asterias suites at the Sani resort, the staff are very welcoming and friendly - in particular the beach staff. I would recommend a suite with direct access to the beach. We stayed for a week in June and the weather was lovely. The bar was very quiet and a little boring so we used to go to the other 5* hotel than was set back from the marina which had more atmosphere. There are plenty of restaurants to try and you can charge your bill back to your room. However beware - you must book for the restaurant at the asterias suites - even if there are lots of empty tables they will tell you they are full if you haven't booked. A week was enough at the Sani resort - if you are staying longer i would recommend hiring a car as you may get a little stir crazy."

• Travel date: 4th August 2005