Aegean Melathron Thalasso Spa Hotel

• tv channel one russia
  • tv rtr planeta russia

Best ever holiday

Reviewed Fri 12th of October 2012

"We stayed at the Agean Melathron from 8-22 June 2006 , on arrival I was extremely impressed with the efficient check in procedure, and friendlyness of the reception staff.
We stayed in a junior suite, and our room was on the same level as reception on the ground floor, very good location.
On investigation we were more than impressed with all facilities and the standard of the hotel and its grounds, no attention to detail has been left, the gardens are spectacular with manicured lawns leading right down to the beach, 3 outdoor pools meant no problem with sunbeds ever, in fact even the pools never got crowded, it was heaven.
On our first night the Maitre de of the restaurant personally greeted us, which was very nice, choice and quality were exceptional, at breakfast I have never seen so many options for tea, not just english breakfast or earl grey, but about 20 others as well!!.
Chef was always available to cook eggs or fresh pancakes also.
Cleanliness was second to none, and the turn down service with chocolates on our pillows was a nice touch also.
If you want to stay in beautiful surroundings and be pampered this is the hotel for you.
Only one possible downside was the nearest town Kallithea was quiet with only a few streets to it all selling much the same, my advice would be hire a car, as we did and you can see a bit more of Halkidiki."

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of June 2006

Brilliant holiday

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"My partner and I went to The Aegean Melathron to spoil ourselves. It was a lovely, luxurious, immaculately clean hotel, wonderful food, and friendly staff.
The only downside was that there were loads of Germans there. The English were in the minority. It wasn't too much of an issue after a day or so when we started to see familiar faces and became friends with a few couples.
I would definately go again."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of November 2005

Really Good Traditional Greek Hotel

Reviewed Mon 19th of November 2012

"We went to this hotel for our honeymoon and loved it. It is in a gorgeous setting, great staff and management, perfect for our special holiday.

We were upgraded to a bungalow with a balcony we could have thrown a party for 75 people on; very large room and fantastic bathroom. When we arrived we had a bottle of champagne on ice and rose petals scattered across the bed, a very nice touch.

The room was halfway between the main building and the sea with unspoilt views of the Aegean. Fantastic.

We found the food to be more than acceptable, the brochure advised that the dinner was on a buffet basis. To be honest, anyone struggling to find something they can eat here is definitely a fussy eater. There were at least 10 hot and cold starters (different every night except for the usual bread, feta and tzatziki etc), numerous salad selections, several choices on main meal (always options on red meat, poultry, fish, vegetarian), pasta, vegetables, rice, more fruit than you could imagine and approx 8 different desserts. The staff were more than attentive and in usual Greek style, thrilled if you spoke some Greek. The Hotel Manager was regularly in the Dining Room, very pleasant man who was always happy to have a chat about our holiday.

The bar was very reasonably priced for such a good hotel and we found that the longer we stayed the more reasonable it became! We also enjoyed the complementary nibbles that became plentiful; sandwiches, fresh fruit etc.

The swimming pools were great, particularly the small one near to the Dining Room. After 4pm it was like swimming in hot springs!

The hotel is well positioned approx 2 miles from Kalithea - it can be walked, but be warned that much of it is uphill! The town is a good shopping area with some lovely traditional tavernas and modern bars. Faliraki it ain't so don't go if you want a 18-30 type holiday - this is not the place for you!

All in all the hotel and holiday were excellent and I would not hesitate to recommend the Aegean Melathron to someone looking for a quiet holiday in luxurious surroundings.

Go and enjoy. I know we'll be going there again."

• Travel date: Fri 4th of November 2005

absolutely average. wouldn't go back

Reviewed Mon 19th of November 2012

"my husband & I came back from this hotel last week & were amazed at how average it was, considering it was 4*. Our room & bathroom were not particularly clean & the room was reached from the main hotel by an underpass, complete with rat traps. We saw uncovered food carried by this route to the main hotel. The good point was that most people staying in this part went to other hotel pools and so we had the pool (& bar!) to ourselves most days. This meant we didn't have the trek back to our room at the end of the day. I have never seen so many wasps & the flooring around the pools was very slippy even with flip flops on. Some of the staff were lovely but others were downright rude & one reduced me to tears. The food was bland & very hit & miss as to the quality. I have never before had a problem with food in a foreign hotel so I wouldn't say I was "picky". There was no non smoking area in the bar, which anyway was like a conference room. I would not return to the hotel or the area & it was the only holiday in the 34 years I have been travelling abroad that I was glad to be going home. If you like a touch of luxury, relaxing surroundings & good food........go somewhere else."

• Travel date: Tue 13th of September 2005

Great hotel

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"My family and I have just returned from staying at the Aegean Melathron. we have a wonderful time and stayed in a bungalow suite with a private pool and a wonderful sea view. The whole hotel is immaculate and the standard is a definate 5 star. My only bad comment is the childrens facilities were very basic, small play area and not really a great kids club. The evening entertainment was also not great. Same person on a saxaphone all week - the kids were not impressed.

For couples or people with very young children it is wonderful.

The local town Kalithea has plenty of pubs and restaurants as well as night clubs, bowling alleys etc so plenty to do locally and the taxi journey is only 2.5 euros."

• Travel date: Thu 9th of June 2005

Excellent hotel, fabulous holiday

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2012

"The Hotel was absolutely beautiful. Clean rooms furnished to a very hign standard. Well landscaped and pretty gardens. Stayed in a junior suite in the grounds of the hotel excellent sea views from here. Food was very good but was a little disappointed that it was buffet style, the brochure described it as waiter service.
Have stayed at another of the Grecotels chain in Crete (Creta Royal), same standards and same high quality hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 6th of June 2005

Very nice hotel & great access for the less physically able

Reviewed Mon 8th of October 2012

"My wife, 6 year old daughter and myself stayed at this hotel in mid May. We chose this time because it's still fairly quiet and not too hot. It was a lovely hotel, with most of the elements of being '5 star'. The room was clean, and had a useful fridge, and great views of the pool and sea.

The food was very varied, but the canteen style of self-service was a little like school dinners. Also, there was a very small wine selection (which was not good value), and they did not serve spirits at the dinner table.

The facilities were great, but having to pay for the pool table and the (often out of order) internet connection was something that should have been free.

The access for disabled people was excellent. Wheelchair ramps allowed very easy mobility to all areas, and the hotel golf-buggy dropped people at the beach, for those not wanting to walk down the short incline to the sea. Most hotels don't offer the superb level of disabled access on holiday.

The 3 pools were very clean, and the pool bars were very well hosted. The evening seasonal entertainment had just started, and was well presented.

Not quite a children's hotel, but a lovely '4 1/2 star' hotel with great disabled access."

• Travel date: Sun 29th of May 2005

Fab hotel

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"Spent a week here at the end of May. Took a last minute booking not knowing where we would end up. What a fabulous hotel, pool furniture was fabulous as was the furniture on your balcony. Stunning views. Beautiful bedroom with dressing gowns thrown in. Food excellent. A great hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of May 2005

Great stay

Reviewed Wed 21st of November 2012

"The hotel was excellent, room was clean and spacious. Buffet in the evenings were fine although could have been a little more varied. The pools (3 of them) were great, although fairly small. The beach (100m or so) was lovely. Make sure you stay in the main building rather than the one across the road! Would return here in the future."

• Travel date: Sun 13th of February 2005

FANTASTIC HOTEL

Reviewed Fri 21st of December 2012

"This hotel is very, very good.
It's real 5-star hotel, who can beat any
luxury hotel in the world.
In Greece lot of hotels claims to be 5-star
But i think only 20% are real 5-star hotels.

It's new ( about 3 years old) and everything
is shinning inside.
If you go, you must take the evening buffet
as an option. It is worth the money.
I have never seen anything like that before.

I talked to other guests from europe, and they agreed that
this is a top luxury hotel.

It's built on a slope that looks down panoramic to the sea, it has an own private
Beach and 3 good pools.

But be careful take only rooms or bungelows in the main part of the hotel,
don't take any room on the other side
of the main road that has a lot of traffic.

The negative things:
- The bungalow i was in, was perfect but
I could hear a lot of noise from next
rooms, even when the windows was
closed.

- The place is not perfect for old people
because it has lot of stairs.

- The staff, specially in the
restaurant is always stressed and
busy.
Greek hotels always forget that no
matter how good a hotel is ,
the most important thing is staff
that enjoys and are proud of
their work."