A great time had by all

Reviewed 25th June 2012

"This was our first ever holiday with our 1 year old daughter, and we chose Naias because we had visited it in our previous trip to Hanioti and decided that the beachfront location and pool/playground area were ideal. We were not disappointed, we all had a great time especially our little girl who loved the pool and all the wendy houses and slides. The staff at Naias are outstanding, and were all excellent with our little girl, in fact they voted her the most lovable baby at the hotel that fortnight! Hanioti tends to be mainly full of Serbians nowadays, and these, while being nice people, can be a little cautious towards Britons at first. However, we made friends with quite a few of them. The bars and restaurants in Hanioti are generally good, though we had noticed a few had closed since our last visit in 2008. I recommend the takeaway Kostas for the best gyros, Pallini and Kassandra are superb Greek restaurants and La Romantika is great for pizza. Overall, the Naias is a very well maintained and modern hotel with an excellent beach location and superb facilities. We were provided with a nice travel cot for our daughter and there were high chairs available. Thoroughly recommended!"

• Travel date: 25th June 2012

Booking my next trip there today!!

Reviewed 6th February 2012

"Best holiday ever, went with my friends and now booking to go with my partner and sons. We had an amazing lovely cleaner, always clean. Brill amenities in rooms, shop so close, recommend getting up early walking 2 minutes up road to little bakery shop and get some delicious fresh bread. Me and my friends lived on it and pasta so delicious. Try to eat at as many restaurants as possible and the water sports cannot be missed. I have never been to a hotel where I can't fault something, people wonderful, hotel great clean minutes from centre, on the beach just walk from side of pool onto sand. Stunning I will be going here every year with my kids and friends etc IF NIAIS KEEP THE SAME STANDARDS,!"

• Travel date: 6th February 2012

The best 2 weeks of the year.

Reviewed 17th June 2011

"I can't believe there are bad reviews on these apartments, we as a family of 4 and our fab friends are going back for the 4th year. We have always said we would never go back to the same place again but the first year was the best holiday ever and the we have not been disappointed since. The rooms are spacious and very clean with daily maid service, who are friendly and helpful. The kids always have a fantastic time and we know they are safe. We have found all the staff really friendly and they add to the enjoyment of our holiday. However I must say a special thank you to Leo who has made us feel so welcome and he probably dreads the day we arrive nowing he will have very little sleep for the next 2 weeks. He will serve until the last man/woman goes to bed, what a hero. Can't wait to return, roll on the next 6 weeks................"

• Travel date: 16th June 2011

Happy days at the Naias

Reviewed 31st May 2011

"We have stayed at the Naias Hotel for the last 3 years and can honestly say that they have been some of the happiest weeks we have had. My family (husband & 2 girls age 15 & 11) have made lots of friends, the staff from reception to the bar staff are happy helpful & friendlyb with nothing being to much hassle. The rooms are spacious & very clean , the maids come in everyday. The pool is also cleaned thoroughly daily. The Naias is in a perfect setting, minutes from the main square of Hanioti & seconds from the pool to the beach. Leo the Bar manager is absolutely fantastic, loveable friendly & always happy which considering the hours he works is remarkable. We are returning to the Naias in August this year & we cannot wait for the relaxing chilled out days to begin. "

• Travel date: 30th May 2011

Happy holidays at the Naias!

Reviewed 31st May 2011

"My family, family friends and I have enjoyed 2 blissful weeks at the Naias for the past 3 years, and will be enjoying another 2 this year! With friendly staff from reception to the bar staff, beautiful scenery and only a 3-5 minute walk to the town, there is nothing too dislike about the Naias. I can honestly say the best holidays I have had have been spent at the Naias. The two pool are cleaned thoroughly every evening and morning and the rooms are also cleaned daily to the best standard possible. Leo the bar man, is absolutely amazing always cheerful and happy too help with we all find is fantastic considering the amount of hours the poor man works! Simply the best bar man! We cannot wait too return in August this year and we are hoping it shall be the best yet! Katie Filmer. "

Fantastic place

Reviewed 31st May 2011

"The Naias Aparthments, Well what can i say ?????? The staff are brilliant and cant do enough for you make you welcome from the minute you arrive, the location is great as the hotel is situated right on the beach and is also close to the square where all the shops, bars and resturants are but not too close !!!!! going basck in july this is going to be our 4th year cant wait counting down the days."

• Travel date: 30th May 2011

Stock up on your sleep before you leave the UK!

Reviewed 30th June 2010

"Having just returned from Naias Apartments/Hotel, there are a few things worth mentioning to those who are planning to book this accommodation. We booked late so were aware that we may not get a great room, so were pretty satisfied when we looked around the studio apartment on arrival(terrace not ideal but you can live without a balcony!). However, there are no seaviews at all - the apartments are on three sides and so you are likely to either get a view over a road or of the side footpath. After a couple of days we noticed that a foul smell was coming from the bathroom and noticed a drain in the floor. This we reported to reception and were assured that someone would look at it. It quickly became apparent that the drain was supposed to be there!! It is unacceptable to expect guests to put up with such a foul smell throughout the duration of their stay, not to mention possibly a danger to health. The second issue was the fact that the bed was incredibly hard and neither myself nor my partner had much sleep throughout our stay as a consequence. Unless you have the patio/balcony door closed, you'll probably find it quite noisy in the early hours since the hotel/apartment bar stays open until whatever time the last guest leaves, which can be an issue. One thing I haven't noticed in previous reviews is the fact that there are no sunbeds around the pool at the Naias Apartments, only deckchairs - beware of this. The pool bottom is a bit wierd - its like walking on the surface of the moon as it appears as though it wasn't laid correctly in the first place. If you want sunloungers, there is a 5 Euro charge on the beach which isn't bad considering you get 2 sunbeds (padded, which helped us make up some sleep in the afternoon!) and a parasol for the day. The beach is very shingly and not sandy at all. I'd recommend taking/buying a cheap pair of shoes to use to go into the sea as the large stones/pebbles can hurt your feet. BEWARE of the sea urchins which are very close to the shore - again another reason for the shoes. There is a sandy beach at Caruso, which is around a 20 minute bus journey from the hotel, although gets extremely busy with both Greeks and Serbians (the latter has a very high presence in Hanioti in general)and can feel claustrophobic. Overall, I wouldn't book this accommodation again, but then again I wouldn't go to Hanioti again."

• Travel date: 29th June 2010

Pool Safety

Reviewed 11th August 2009

"Having just returned from two weeks at the Naias, I feel it important to warn future visitors to be aware that the pool scene at the hotel can sometimes be rowdy and in my opinion dangerous. The split level pool means that teenagers and adults jump from the top level to the bottom pool from a stone wall. The rooms were kept clean by the dedicated cleaners. The resort itself is very commercial with slot machines etc. The food in the tavernas was on the whole average. The boat trip from the beach hut adjacent to the hotel was great value for money. The pool bar was expensive and you only felt welcome if you were one of the drinkers happy to sit at the bar or as in some cases in the pool itself with bottle in hand. The hotel needs to decide if it is a family hotel or one that caters for brit drinkers."

• Travel date: 9th August 2009

Used to love the Naias, now i hate it

Reviewed 17th December 2012

"We have stayed at the Naias on at least five holidays over the last few years and i always loved it i was the one who dragged my partner back, never again. What used to be a lovely restful property has become a child obsessed hell.Our holiday was spoiled by fat northeners (I grew up in the north) and their children (why werent they in school-two weeks off just before the summer holidays!) Food snacks drinks all too expensive at the pool bar sun loungers 5e per day? Room was ok however was dated. The staff were good especially Veron and Hercules however Leo was stroppy and not very nice when we wanted to use the pool and asked him if they could stop the english gang from skateboarding into the pool we were told that they were his english friends kids and could do as they liked. So if you dont mind being divebombed by loads of children and being ripped off this is the place for you. I still love Hanioti there are some good bars (Love Street,Afros) all the restaurants are good however i suppose that the Euro / pound exchange rate has made Hanioti really expensive and to be honest for the money you spend there are much better ways of offloading the best part of £3000 for two weeks holiday in an appartment. However if you have children of ten or twelve years of age and want to let them do as they please whilst you eat and drink yourself insensible and take no responsibility for their behaviour you will probably love the Naias.What a shame for everyone else."

• Travel date: 23rd January 2009

holiday in the sun....

Reviewed 24th October 2012

"Just got back from staying at the Nias beach hotel, we hadnt been to greece before so was a bit worried but we loved it there. The hotel was in the perfect place right on the beach so you didnt have to walk far with your lilos, we paid 5 euros for 2 sunbeds and a umbrella which we didnt use because the wind was picking up a bit whilst we where there but overall the weather was lovely we only had one day without the sun.We did get a bit annoyed by the people walking passed every two minutes selling donuts, bags, massages!! the beach was also very stoney and hurt your feet a bit reccomend using suitable shoes to go into the sea. The hotel was a couple of minutes away from the main square in hanioti, so the hotel wasnt noisy at night. The square has plenty of places to eat and drink, kelfos was a good cocktail bar to try out, which we went to most evenings (showing the football for the men or women) , we enjoyed every meal we had and we found the portions huge. The hotel pool was lovely too it had deck chairs to sit by the pool and relax, it had a pool bar and place where you can have lunch or dinner just off the beach we i loved. The room was lovely and clean, and all the surroundings of the hotel where kept all clean and tidy, the hotel staff where also very helpfull and friendly . For a relaxing, chilled out holiday in the sun i would deff reccoment this hotel and place to everyone will deff go back again....."

• Travel date: 28th September 2008

Great

Reviewed 12th December 2012

"We stayed at this hotel in 2004 and we were impressed. The reception staff were friendly and helpful. We lost our contract mobile phone in the town and reception spent a lot of time and effort assisting us to cancel our phone. They were fantastic in the help they afforded us. The rooms are roomy and cleaned to a high standard. If you are self catering the facilities are basic. The beach is located at the rear of the hotel, Hanioti town is a pleasurable 3 mins walk. There is a local shop in front of the hotel. The pool area was busy but the sea is lovely and close by. We shall return."

• Travel date: 21st September 2008

Disappointed

Reviewed 17th December 2012

"I, my husband and son (8) stayed at the Naias for the first 2 weeks of August. I have to say that the Naias did not live up to the great expectations I had after reading reviews on this and other sites. Unfortunately, neither did Hanioti. I had visited Hanioti 20 years previously and, whilst I had prepared myself for the fact that many of the old traditional tavernas with their Greek dancing may have disappeared, I was not prepared for the many Kareoke bars which had taken their place. I have been to many Greek islands and genuinely believe the Greeks some of the nicest people you could wish to meet. I can honestly say, however, that I don't think I have ever encountered as many ignorant and downright rude people in one place. I put this down to the fact that many Greeks have their holiday homes in Hanioti and look upon tourists as an unnecessary inconvenience. Having said that, however, the staff at the Naias were extremely friendly and I do not include them. The apartment we were allocated (315) was dated but functional. Unfortunately, the airconditioning unit which was located on the wall of the balcony and took up the majority of the balcony space gave off so much heat that there was absolutely no way you could sit out there whilst trying to keep the air conditioning on inside the apartment. In reality, the pool area seemed much smaller than the brochure pictures imply and I think one of the main things that really irked me was the fact that the hotel does not have sun loungers around it, only deckchairs. Anyone wishing to lie in the sun must therefore pay 5 Euros per day for 2 sunbeds and an umbrella. I realise this is quite an insignificant amount but, when you multiply this by 14, I really object to paying 70 Euros for the priviledge of lying on a sunbed on my holiday. I just think this is a very unfair way for the hotel to 'rip off' their paying guests. The much advertised Greek Night was another disappointment. The barbeque was extremely average, with nothing more adventurous than melon for dessert and the 'Greek Dancing' consisted of Leo (not that I have a bad word to say about Leo the Bar Manager - lovely) wailing a melancholoy dance while the other waiters threw serviettes into the air, all to the tune of one man and his electronic organ. Just seemed another way for the hotel owners to cut costs by not hiring the traditional professional dancers, which we expecting. The holiday was, if nothing else, extremely relaxing, however, as there was little, if anything, to do in Hanioti other than sunbathe during days and eat in the evening. 'Groundhog Day' comes to mind. Normally when visiting Greece we like to hire a car do do some exploring or take one or two excursions, but there really didn't seem anything worth visiting. Even the waterpark, which is normally a must with our son, didn't look up to much and, as we were warned by our Rep not to do the day trip as you can 'do the whole park in an hour or so', we didn't bother. Oh, and I use the term 'Rep' loosely as she seemed to be more interested in playing in the pool with the Greek waiters than looking after her holidaymakers. All in all, an 'ok' place, but one we won't be going back to."

• Travel date: 4th September 2008

Hotels near Naias Hotel

Top traveller tips for Naias Hotel

• by rehind

"Get a good deal on the sunloungers"

• by Vickim

"Trying the lovely restaurants in the village"

• by Wendrew

"Not as fully described in the brochure"

• by Kaduna123

"Boat trip to turtle island and secluded beach. The pool at the Hanioti palace."

Naias Hotel is also called