Hanioti Village Resort

best ever

Reviewed Mon 15th of June 2009

"We have just returned from 2 fantastic weeks in the hanioti village. it was our best ever stay in hanioti and we bee going for 7 years. we upgraded to a suite on our 2nd week and it was money well spent sheer luxury. the staff billy, taz, perry, paris, ect were fantastic they cant do enough for you we cant wait to go back next year this time for 3 weeks whoop whoop would highly recomend this hotel to any one
jo and jimmy blundell may/june 2009"

• Travel date: Sun 14th of June 2009

Just returned from a great 2 week holida...

Reviewed Wed 30th of July 2008

"Just returned from a great 2 week holiday staying at Hanioti Village Hotel.

Hotel was lovely, modern and clean. We had a twin superior room which was lovely but apparantly the junior suites and suites are even better. We were a little disappointed to find that we had to pay for air con and fridge (which was not stated on website). Air con was 4 euros per day and fridge 4.5 euro per day but didnt work very well. We didnt get air con as we had a mosquito net on our balcony which meant you could keep the door open all night without any creep crawlies getting in. Brilliant!!

Pool area was kept nice and clean, but there was a shortage of sunbeds. You need to get up and put towels out before 7.30 some days to get a bed.

We were half board so got our breakfast and evening meal. Breakfast consisted of bread, ham, cheese, melon, yogurt, tea and coffee etc. Evening meals were waiter service and you had to choose your evening meal before 12 noon. You were given a choice of starters, main course and desserts. The food was absolutely lovely and there was not one meal we could complain about.

Drinks were quite expensive but that was the same for Halkidiki itself. Cocktails were around 7 euro, coca cola 3 euro, Pint 3-4 euro.

Entertainment was ok, but some nights had no entertainment. Dingo Bingo was a great laugh with Billy and so was the quiz which the rep did. Barbeque every thursday night which again was lovely.

Staff were friendly and chippy the dog was lovely.

Dont think I would recommend the hotel to people with children as there is not much for kids to do at the hotel.

Location was great, close to a main road so be careful on the night and especially on a weekend when the roads are busier. Nearest beach 5 mins down one straight road opposite hotel. Main square 10 min walk.

Beach was lovely although the sand was pebbles and killed my feet sometimes. Take your crocs. Plenty of watersports available.

Main square was nice with plenty of bars, restaurants and shops. No nightclubs but bars open late. Recommended for all ages.

There are many trips available including cruises, day trips to thessaloniki etc. We did a sunset cruise which I would highly recommend, I have never seen a sunset as beautiful. A must see. We hired a car for the day which was nice as we drove around the lovely different villages and beaches. Car was 60 euro per day.

Overall Hanioti, Halkidiki was a lovely place and would definately return to the resort and the hotel. The only thing I could complain about is the wasps."

• Travel date: Wed 30th of July 2008

Overall a relaxing week’s holiday - ju...

Reviewed Sun 14th of October 2007

"Overall a relaxing week’s holiday - just what the doctor ordered.

Resort:
Weather was great, and from what we were told was untypically warm/sunny so we touched lucky. Hanioti is a smallish compact quiet resort suitable for 25+ couples. Not much to do for Children so would look somewhere else if you wanted to keep them occupied.

Very limited 'Karaoke' bars and the like if you get the gist.

Not sure I could have done two weeks here, pretty much seen and done everything in a week. It was end of season so some many bars/restaurants where shut, but still plenty of choice to eat out.

Eating out was reasonable enough with decent 2-course meal for two & drinks about £25-£30. If you wanted English (we didn't) then plenty of places for you.
As you would expect bars around the Central Square (not a large sq by any standards) charge more, but some chilled out nice places can be found for reasonable prices.

FYI - The resort has a shingle based beach, with a few beach bars serving mainly drinks and basic snacks. Most people venture into the Sq. for lunch etc........... No restaurants/bars on the beach front.

Pefkhori - about a 2mile walk away seemed a nice resort, this had a seafront promenade with bars/restaurants - if went again to Halkidiki, would try here. Again suitable for a small relaxing holiday.

I understand Hanioti/Pefkhori resorts are very busy and are too cramped in the peak periods - I... e waiting for restaurant tables, etc...

Hotel:
We want on 3star HB allocation on arrival. Was initially pleased when arrived. Rooms were what you expect in Greece if more on the 2star side. Although the hotel is being refurbished yr on yr, and understand all rooms will be upgraded by next yr. Some people apparently had quite nice rooms. Cleaned Daily with fresh towels. Sky News is on the room TV. Hotel was about a 15minute walk from the main sq.

The hotel grounds are well kept and play host to a family of 5-8 cats/kittens, which 'interact' with guests, therefore not for you if you dislike Cats.
The disappointing aspect was the food. Breakfast was fine, as you would expect, bread, jams, yoghurts, cold meats, eggs, etc.

Dinner - had to register choices for the night on a hospital style menu before 12pm each day. Choice was limited to 1 of 3 starters, and 3-4 mains. English was the only nationality at this hotel and accordingly the menu was designed on this basis. I expected a greater range of traditional dishes but not to be. So if on holiday you like Chilli Con Carne, battered Cod & Chips, Tuna Pasta Bake, Spag Bol, etc... Then this is the place for you. If you want more traditional Greek food, then look for somewhere else.

Hotel drinks prices were a little more expensive than most places in resort to be honest, with half a lager about £1.85, and a Pint @ £2.20 - you could get drinks in town for cheaper in more pleasant surroundings.

Hotel staff were fine, generally anything you needed was fine, we asked for extra pillows and this was no prob.

'Entertainment' is provided at the hotel in most nights, with live music twice a week mixed in with usual Bingo/Quiz type activities.

If you intend to go here, you will have a good relaxing time. But if you wanted a more traditional Greek holiday there are probably resorts and hotels to suit this better."

• Travel date: Sun 14th of October 2007

Billy, one of the owners, was lovely - n...

Reviewed Tue 7th of August 2007

"Billy, one of the owners, was lovely - not a miserable git like everyone thinks he is. Entertainment was great, room upgraded was 5* - bed to die for, staff lovely. Rula's cooking was lovely, Chippy the dog was great. Everyone got on really well. It's a small, friendly hotel with a good selection of entertainment. BBQ & Karaoke were ace. Hanioti town is the perfect size and just a short walk away, as is the beach. Nice English breakfast at Stones Bar and free beds and parasols if you buy a drink from the beach bar - you only need to buy a bottle of water each for your beds all day! Have never met so many nice people and the staff care so much and want you to enjoy yourselves. The owners take pride in their hotel. x"

• Travel date: Tue 7th of August 2007

Usually stay in 4 or 5 star hotels but w...

Reviewed Fri 6th of July 2007

"Usually stay in 4 or 5 star hotels but what I have found is that you are just a number, decided on the Hanioti Village Hotel due to its size and location and reviews were good about it being small and friendly.

We loved it. We upgraded in our second week due to a heat wave we needed air con but all rooms are getting upgraded in the closed season so that will make the place even better.

Upgraded to a suite which was a month old and very very posh with power shower with lots of jets etc, living room with plasma TV, best bed ever, Billy & Perry have went for the best fixtures and fittings in Greece.

The pool is nice and we met some absolutely lovely guests there, everyone was so friendly.

The staff Billy Perry George Stelios, Marlow, Rula, Eugene were all great and Chippy the dog was gorgeous and often came up to our room for a cool down (don’t tell Billy).

Billy tries so hard with the entertainment, lots of boys toys with TV, projector, lighting, sound system etc, Live Music each Saturday, Karaoke Thursdays after a marvellous BBQ.

Cannot fault anything at all. Walk in to town is lovely, Hanioti Town is nice, and everyone lovely - didn’t want to come home."

• Travel date: Fri 6th of July 2007

My friend and I have just returned from...

Reviewed Mon 16th of October 2006

"My friend and I have just returned from a lovely, relaxing week at the Hanioti Village Hotel, we booked this trip as a last minute holiday and weren't sure what to expect, however I am pleased to say we were more than happy with our choice.

Everyone who works at the Hanioti Village is so friendly, Billy, Perry, George and Paris and Chippie the dog were wonderful hosts and charm personified! The hotel has 42 rooms which was perfect as it felt a lot more personal than the larger hotels. The food offered is a good selection to cater for all tastes and we found the food to be of a really good standard - we weren't disappointed at all!

The only down side (if you can call it that) is that as we went in the last week they before they closed for Winter, there wasn't that much entertainment but we happy enough with the entertainment supplied and the other nights we went down to the square. Have to recommend the meze at The Garden Restaurant in Hanioti, it was amazing.

Louise and I are looking forward to going back to the Hanioti Village next year."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of October 2006

My husband and I have just returned home...

Reviewed Sat 19th of August 2006

"My husband and I have just returned home from an amazing week in Hanioti where we stayed at the beautiful Hanioti Village Hotel. This was our first time away without our children and the Hanioti Village Hotel was all it said it would be and more! The hotel itself and grounds are impeccable and the friendly and entertaining staff make it an unforgettable holiday.

With Rula's home cooked food on the menu and the exceptionally polite Paris' waiter service, meal times at the Hanioti Village are a delight. During the day, Perry is on hand to deliver a prompt and friendly service. In the evenings, Billy's Aussi humour never fails to amuse - especially during the early hours of the morning when he has had a few. Georgio the barman's charm (!) and humour is second to none, AND he looks like Antonio Banderas - so we think anyway!

If you see Georgio, tell him Claire & Ray say Hi! and he really does look like Antonio - he likes the attention really, even though he does pretend to go all shy! Georgio kept us amused on many a late night in the Lazy Croc bar, which usually involved plenty of tequila! The Hanioti Village is ideal for relaxation and if you want to explore, the beach and Hanioti town centre are only 5 minutes away.

The Bahalo Beach Bar at night is a must see for anyone who goes to Hanioti - it's about 10 minutes from the hotel and is unbelievable to see. You can enjoy a drink at the water's edge and admire the view as the sea is lit up by lights from the bar and fire torches on the beach. We had a fantastic time and would definitely go back again. "

• Travel date: Sat 19th of August 2006

I came back from the Hanioti village hot...

Reviewed Sun 31st of July 2005

"I came back from the Hanioti village hotel, on Wednesday of this week. I went with my boyfriend Liam, and we had the most amazing time ever.

It was our first holiday alone, so we were a bit nervous, about things that could have gone wrong! We arrived at the hotel, which is off the main road. We went to the reception, to be greeted by the one and only Paris! He is a little gem.

The first thing that caught my attention, were the beautifully clean white sheets on the bed, which I was immediately impressed with. The rooms were immaculate and very impressive.

The hotel was set in the most beautiful grounds. The staff in the hotel , were the friendliest, most hard working team of people I have ever met. They were a lovely set of people. The hotel is quite small and family run, which I feel adds a very special touch to it.

The entertainment in an evening was good, and I cannot write this review without mentioning the Thompson rep, Steve, who was also the drag queen in an evening. What a wonderful person he was and so entertaining.

I could go on forever saying so many wonderful things about this magnificent hotel and this beautiful part of the world, but it would take me forever, so I shall end, saying that this hotel is in my book 5* and Liam and I shall be going back next year.

Becci"