Relaxation at it's best!

Reviewed Mon 18th of June 2018

"An extraordinary and beautiful destination for you and your family to enjoy excellent service and all around top quality. Clean comfortable rooms, nice beds with a stylish look. Beautiful beach and pool at your feet. Strongly recommended,!"

• Travel date: Fri 1st of June 2018

The Bay hotel, Vasilikos

Reviewed Mon 23rd of May 2011

"We have just returned from the Bay hotel. On the whole ,it was a good holiday. The area around the hotel is quiet and surrounded by olive trees. The staff were very nice and most helpful. Breakfast's were ok but the standard of the evening meal needed to be better. The bed'd were rather hard and surrounded by a large timber frame(Kneepads required)The rooms were kept nice and clean.The taverna(stone's) at the bottom of the road is well worth a visit and for a very good meal try'Simply Greek' in Vasilikos village."

• Travel date: Sat 21st of May 2011

Most relaxing holiday

Reviewed Thu 9th of September 2010

"We had a lovely relaxing time at The Bay as did most of the people we spoke with. The hotel is spotless, the staff very friendly and helpfull and the food pretty good, but don't expect Gordon Ramsey to appear out of the kitchen!!. If you want a holiday the exact opposite of Blackpool on a Bank Holiday Weekend then you will enjoy The Bay. We never saw a Pukka Pie, Fish & Chips, Football tops nor multi Sky TV Football Channels in the 11 days we were there, great!!.
The hotel is probably not for teenagers but excellent for children.
All round i would rate it is a good UK 3 star hotel.
Duncan J Stirling - Edzell- Scotland

• Travel date: Thu 9th of September 2010

comfortable and relaxing

Reviewed Fri 25th of September 2009

"If getting away from it all is the holiday you are looking for ,then The Bay Hotel is for you .The hotel is very clean and the food tasty and plentifull.The bedlinen and towels were changed nearly every day .My husband can not eat wheat or gluton and the chef was very helpfull,cooking him something special if there was nothing for him .The waiting staff were always very polite and attentive .There are lovely beaches within walking distance if you get fed up with the one just steps away from the hotel .I would advise a car rental if you are there for more than a week ,but having said that the buses run from just along the road and the service is quite good ."

• Travel date: Thu 24th of September 2009

most relaxing holiday

Reviewed Tue 30th of June 2009

"my partner and i took our 12 month old daughter abroad for the 1st time and what a fantastic choice of destintation we chose.it was so quiet and relaxing the pools where fantastic the sea was right on the doorstep about 20 seconds away the food was good the staff where great and the rooms and resort was clean! so overall this is a well recommended resort for a hot relaxing lazy holiday and there are many things to do on and around the island"

• Travel date: Mon 29th of June 2009

Lovely hotel, in a quiet location, well...

Reviewed Tue 15th of July 2008

"Lovely hotel, in a quiet location, well away from places like Laganas, although that is within easy car journey . Great walking country. Best bit was not full of 'clubbers', no loud music played all day around pool as in some other hotels. 30 somethings upwards enjoying a sunny relaxed time with their young children. Hotel has gym, tennis courts. You do not have to pay for sun beds as some reviews claim. sadly unfinished hotel next doors is not attactive, but has been like that for 6 years. Nice beach which is shallow so great for children. next beach along which is an easy 5 minute walk is more lively and nosier.Would suggest hiring car as local bus service very erratic and not frequent. We took Marios boat trip to see turtles, a third cheaper than tour reps one and as only 20 people much easier to see turtles than being cramped onto boat with many others. This goes from St Nicholas beach, a stones throw away from hotel. Lots of variety with the food and no trouble with limited service as some suggest. Staff really try to make stay pleasant. No it is not 4 star if you compare to the UK , this is First Choices rating not the uk travel industry standard. Clean, modern and well equiped.We would defintely go back"

• Travel date: Tue 15th of July 2008

My partner and I have just returned home...

Reviewed Wed 25th of June 2008

"My partner and I have just returned home from the Bay Hotel & Suites. I've got say it has been the most relaxing holiday I have ever been on. The hotel is beautiful, very modern and extremely clean. If your looking for a holiday of pure sun, sea and sand this is the place, although if your wanting something quite lively then mabe not. The nearest place for a choice of bars and restaurants is about 15 minutes away in a taxi. Although they do offer plenty of day trips out. But for us we just enjoyed spending time in the lovely hotel spending the day by the pool or beach (which is literaly your back garden) and by night in the lovely seating area by the bar. Often we would take our drinks to sit on the beach and take in the views and sound of the waves. They do have some entertainment at night but to be honest most of the guests did'nt really join in and returned to the rooms quite early. The rooms are very modern and it is worth paying extra for the sea view. The maids come in daily. The food is good with plenty of choice and set in a lovely modern restaurant. The staff were very friendly and helpful. I think it would be very difficult to find a Greek hotel with such high standards and with such a modern style. But remember this hotel is more about relaxation than nightlife. I think our next holiday will be somewhere a bit more lively, but we would deffinately return to the Bay for another quiet, relaxing holiday!"

• Travel date: Wed 25th of June 2008

My girlfriend and I stayed here last Aug...

Reviewed Wed 25th of June 2008

"My girlfriend and I stayed here last August after looking through the brochures and just choosing one we thought looked nice. We stayed in a suite which was fantastic with a sea view, the cleaner came in every day to change towels and sheets. The food was lovely and plentiful, the staff very accomodating and friendly. Most of the time we just stayed in the resort as we had everything we needed there. This resort is perfect for anyone that just wants a peaceful and memorable holiday."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of June 2008

just come back from the bay hotel,lovely...

Reviewed Sun 15th of June 2008

"just come back from the bay hotel,lovely.if you want a lot to do and noise all day,dont go.its the most peaceful and relaxing hotel we have ever been to.staff very helpful and friendly,food good with plenty of choice.there are more lively bars and places within easy reach if you want them.the hotel is different but very nice .ignore reviews about hotel next door being unfinished we heard no building noise from it at all.very reasonable prices at local bar , go out the front entrance to the hotel and turn left,5mins walk brings you to a small bar/supermarket run by yiota and nicostell them we sent you,they are lovely,shes mad !but lovely.use car hire in the village the cars are not new but half price of the hotel hire.as you can gather we loved it.will go again."

• Travel date: Sun 15th of June 2008

I have just returned from the bay hotel...

Reviewed Mon 2nd of June 2008

"I have just returned from the bay hotel in Zante and i have to say that it is the best holiday i have been on yet.
The hotel was clean, modern and spacious. The staff were very friendly and on hand 24 hours a day. The food was very nice, i enjoyed evey meal i ate and as for the unfinished hotel that has been mentioned, you can barely even see it from the hotel and is not intrusive at all. The private beach was clean and quiet and we didnt have to pay for the sun loungers.
There is a supermarket on site, along with a spa and gym. There is a lovely little town nearby and livelier resorts can be easily reached via bus or taxi.
All in all anyone that moans about this hotel must have extremely high standards and must be very hard to please as i don't have one complaint."

• Travel date: Mon 2nd of June 2008

My girlfriend and I visited the Bay Suit...

Reviewed Wed 5th of December 2007

"My girlfriend and I visited the Bay Suites in July 2007, having read several reviews which were less than complimentary about the hotel.

Quite simply the standard of staff service, room standards and food quality were excellent and I would recommend it to anyone.

The only one word of warning would be young visitors/couples who may feel too far from the nightlife of the island (Laganas). However, the Bay Suites are well within travelling distances of the clubbing areas of Argassi and Laganas.

This hotel is highly recommended. Excellent!

• Travel date: Wed 5th of December 2007

Me and my boyfriend have just returned h...

Reviewed Tue 23rd of October 2007

"Me and my boyfriend have just returned home after a very pleasant stay at the Bay hotel and suites.

As we went during October, the season had nearly finished and therefore the hotel and surrounding areas were very quiet, which was not a bad thing for us. However, some people may find this boring, and I would therefore suggest going in high season.

The hotel kindly upgraded us from a hotel room into a suite! This was unexpected and made our stay extra special, I would definitely recommend paying extra for a suite and sea view.

The food was lovely, however, I would not say the choice of food at breakfast was wonderful, oh and try to get down earlier, as we found the food started to become warm rather than being hot.

There is an unfinished hotel next door, but we didn't find this at all intrusive and there is no work currently being undertaken. Again, I would recommend paying for a sea view to ensure you don't end up waking up to a half finished hotel!

Overall we found our stay very relaxing and the staff couldn't do enough to help.
Don't be put off by the negative reviews as they do make the hotel sound much worse than it actually is!!

Hope this helped.

• Travel date: Tue 23rd of October 2007

Hotels near The Bay Hotel & Suites

Top traveller tips for The Bay Hotel & Suites

• scotty831 by scotty831

"most relaxing part of the island "

• scotty831 by scotty831

"the whole island is lovely "

•  Duncan from Edzell Scotland by Duncan from Edzell Scotland

"Highly recommened if you like peace and quiet and enjoy a bottle of wine. "

• RAB by RAB

"Hire some sort of transport "

The Bay Hotel & Suites is also called