About Park Hotel & Spa

• shuttle bus service
  • tv channel one russia
  • evening entertainment

Good

Quality Food?, Hygiene? What a Joke!!!!!!

Reviewed Fri 9th of September 2011

"Stayed at Park hotel for 2 weeks, rooms very clean but not really suitable for number of persons in our party (4),people booking this hotel should only consider for maximum 3 persons, room given had one double bed, first child had sofa bed (with very hard mattress), second child had rusty camp bed alongside with very thin mattress stained with rust from camp bed, this was eventually changed.
Air conditioning 35 Euros per week and Safety Deposit box 10 Euros per week.
Location not so good, approximately 25 ~ 30 minute walk to the beach on a busy road (no pavement) via the quickest way longer if you went through town, 15 minute walk to start of resort bars.
Hotel itself was kept very clean with bedding and towels changed regularly which was very positive, a pity the same could not be said about the food.
Breakfast consisted of tinned fruit salad, meat, cheese and some variety of cooked bread, topped off with sometimes cocktail sausages or bacon with beans. Flies constantly landing on the food and buzzing around the dining area. Evening meals worse than old school dinners, Greek salad starter daily, with a soup and choice of 3 dishes with usually one vegetarian dish, these rotated weekly except for vegetarian dish. The food itself was very poor quality and bland with actual food hygiene being poor / non existent, not the taste of Greece we were looking for. Several times we returned food to the counter due to it having gone off (fruit salad, peaches, tzaziki etc), staff did not remove old food, just poured new over the top. Having suffered from several bouts of stomach cramps during our stay we opted to start eating out at night, not good if you have paid for half board. Seemed if you were vegetarian you would have a hard time here as the same dish was rolled out constantly ( I would hate to think how many times it had been re-heated and served)
Swimming pool a nightmare if you / your child has an allergy to wasp stings as they are constantly at the pool side, our daughter stepped on one and was stung, I counted at least 40 at a time around the pool (BEWARE). Children's pool is a joke, no one used it. Children's play area suitable for under 5s only with some old plastic play equipment dotted around a grassy area (a slide, seesaw and broken play house). There was a Table tennis table you could use in the garden for older children and a pool table in the bar area (1.5 euro per game). Free wifi available but in a very limited area in the dining room
Ignore the Thomas cook brochure as there is no entertainment at this hotel at all, in the evenings a morgue is livelier! after dinner everybody disappears into Tsilivi, probably again due to flies and the high temperature in the dining room due to the air conditioning not running (actually not even plugged in). Just for decoration!!!
Tsilivi ok if you want an English seaside resort with hot weather, when you walked into town, every bar played English dance music and had large flat screen tvs showing Premier league matches,a very loud resort ideal for young couples, if you are looking for a traditional Greek resort this is not it. Beware!!! "

• Travel date: Sun 4th of September 2011

Excellent Hotel!!!

Reviewed Tue 15th of June 2010

"I visited the Park Hotel on a Half Board Basis with my Boyfriend for a week. I honestly cannot find anything to fault with it.
On arrival we received an extremely warm welcome from the owner Ilias, who gave us a lovely room with a Pool View, We was given our key to the room straight away and paid for the Safety deposit Box and Air Con which was 10 euros for the Safe and 35 euros for the Air Con which I found extremely reasonable as anyone who has stayed in any Hotel in any Country is aware you have to pay extra for these privilige's.
we was pleasantly suprised at the modern, spaceous, spotless Room which had literally just been recently refurbished and we was lucky enough to be the first people to stay in the Room as it was the beginning of the season.
The Hygiene Standards of the hotel are 100% the rooms are throughly cleaned on a daily basis and you are provided with fresh towels daily, the hotel as a whole is spotless.There is Phone, Fridge and Hairdryer (even though I always take my own wherever I go) in the rooms, There is also a nice decent sized Balcony in every room.
The reception is Open 24 hours and all the reception staff are lovely and very helpful.

Me and my Boyfriend really enjoyed the food the Breakfast is lovely and you have a wide Variety to choose from.
We like to eat out of an Evening but the food in the hotel was that good we only ate out on two occasions that week, Again there was a wide Variety of food daily to choose from which would cater for everyone, the soups and salads are also lovely! Another positive thing with the food thats its always served piping hot, fresh and there is plenty to go around, Desserts are also good with a choice of Ice Cream, Fruit ect.
I have read previous comments regarding people having to share Tables but frankly I can say this isn't the case, The restaurant is set out with tables of four and you can choose wherever you like to sit all week we had a Table to ourselves.
The pool area is really nice and clean, the water is lovely and there is lots of Sun Loungers to go around and the weather was great. The Hotel also has a snack Bar with really nice good priced foods. The Bar also has a good choice of drinks from Beers, Wines, Spirits, Cocktails and Soft Drinks.

The Hotel Located about 5-10 Minutes walk from the main centre of the resort with plenty of Restaurants, Bars and a couple of clubs further up, As a young couple we obviously enjoy going out and there is plenty of Places to go which are open Late until 5am but it is also a famliy orientated Resort so caters for all ages.
The beach is around a 15 Minute Walk, so overall the Hotel is in a good Location.
There is a Bus stop a couple of Minutes away and plenty of Taxis available if you want to travel to different Resorts on the Island.

Overall The Hotel is Lovely and what makes it better is how friendly and helpful the Staff are they will do anything to help you and are a good laugh, Ilias is geniunely one of the nicest people you could possibly meet. I would reccomend the Hotel and the resort to anyone and would go back there myself.
So don't be put off by some of the previous reviews as you will be pleasantly suprised! : )"

• Travel date: Mon 14th of June 2010

fantastic hotal

Reviewed Tue 15th of June 2010

"Just arrived back from a fab 1 week break at park hotal zante. This hotel has just been refurbished. rooms dinning area etc are very clean. pool area is a good size with plenty of sunbeds with a bar and snack area. a 5 min stroll to pubs and 15 min to main streets. very quiet but nice and relaxing. owner and staff very very friendley. would definately be back"

• Travel date: Mon 14th of June 2010

Me and my wife stayed at the Park Hotel...

Reviewed Fri 29th of February 2008

"Me and my wife stayed at the Park Hotel in Sept 2007 ,But not again the food was poor and very little choice staff hardly spoke and small rooms at the back over looking waste land. Only thing i gave it 3 is that its nice and clean. Top Tip Sandras Bar 2mins walk very nice owners who make you feel welcome and bus stop right opposite for Zante Town. Tsilivi is a great resort and we will definitely be going back as its a great resort."

• Travel date: Fri 29th of February 2008

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Park Ho...

Reviewed Sun 7th of October 2007

"My boyfriend and I stayed at the Park Hotel for 2 weeks in September 2007 and came away determined not to stay there again.

We wanted two weeks in the sun with the option of having a bit of peace of quiet but to also have a good night out in the town should we want it. Tsilivi definitely delivered on this, we had a superb time in terms of what Tsilivi had to offer, it was just what we wanted.

If only we could say the same of the Hotel Park. We have always been used to staying somewhere where the staff made you feel very welcome and where you made friends by the pool etc, the experience at the Hotel Park was far from personal and we did not feel welcome at all. The owners of the hotel who tended to be on the front desk all the way through the day were arrogant and somewhat rude.

If we ever had to go and ask them about something for e.g., the air con, we were made to feel stupid and it was clear that they didn’t want to have the conversation with you, very unhelpful.

Whenever we left the hotel for our evening meal, we would always try to be smiley and acknowledge them on the way out, at the most we would get a grunt and maybe eye contact.

From our observations, it was clear that the Greek people were favoured more, who were staying there; they would go out of their way to talk to the Greek guests both in the dinner hall and in the lobby. We barely had two sentences spoken to us.

I had read previous reviews about this hotel whereby they had said that English travellers tended to be put in the rooms at the back of the hotel that overlooked rubble land with the sounds of dogs barking and cockerels crowing, this was true for us as well.

One thing that we couldn’t knock this hotel for was its cleanliness; the hotel was cleaned on a daily basis to a very good standard.

However, I am alarmed at reviews I have read where travellers have said that they go back year after year; I cannot understand what would draw people back to this hotel.

My boyfriend and I were drawn in by the impressive photos of this hotel; visually it looks very pleasing to the eye. However, the hotel lacked charm and I personally found it hard to settle on this holiday purely because of the non friendly atmosphere of the hotel and the owners who made no attempt to make my stay a warm and pleasant one.

The hotel is about an 8 minute (yes we were sad enough to time it!!) walk from the centre of Tsilivi which is do-able but could get a bit annoying at times when after a night out you were just ready to collapse into your bed.

For anybody who is planning a trip to Tsilivi, I would STRONGLY RECOMMEND THE PRINCESS HOTEL. Our two friends stayed at this hotel, it is ideally located, is a very pretty hotel and the people who work there are absolutely superb. Every time we walked into the complex, we were asked what we wanted to drink; the staff would move sunbeds around for us so that we could sit with our friends.

Freddy who works behind the bar has a big heart and he and his team make you feel special. The food is delicious - ideal for a pool time snack. We spent our time here with our friends in the end because we felt so welcome here, compared to the coldness of the Hotel Park.

The other bonus here is that next to the Princess Hotel, is a bakery called Warm and Fresh, which is absolutely lush. Call by and have a warm chocolate brownie with any ice-cream flavour you can think of, it’s an absolute treat. Such a selection of cakes and deserts, its one big calorie fest but very worth it.

If you want a nice chilled out day, you may want to stroll up to the Razz’s apartments or the Chill Out Bar as it is called. It is situated up a slight hill but is very peaceful. Lovely bar staff and very nice food. They also have free table tennis which went down well with my boyfriend.

The restaurants which stood out for us was the Passage to India. We had a Chinese and an Indian in this restaurant throughout our stay and both types of cuisine were absolutely delicious. Nearly opposite this restaurant was a Mexican restaurant which again was fantastic.

I would definitely go back to Tsilivi but would move heaven and earth to stay at the Princess Hotel. For me, the owners at the Park Hotel are in need of some customer relations training and need to learn that you cannot just rely on the cosmetic appearance of your hotel to make your guests stay a success."

• Travel date: Sun 7th of October 2007

Great Hotel! Would def go back

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"I thought this hotel was fab, just far enough away from the resort centre for peacful days but close enough for an easy walk home!"

• Travel date: Sat 6th of January 2007

Nice But...........

Reviewed Mon 15th of October 2012

"10-18 September 2006.
Dave & Trudi Waters.
Booked this holiday as a last minute deal. On arrival the room itself was clean though rather basic and the beds were not the most comfortable we've slept on.
Had a problem with the shower as it's at waist hight and we had to hold it above our heads to get a decent wash, we found out that all the showers in the hotel are the same, but that aside we soon got used to it.
The food on offer was limited but what there was was fairly decent and varied, some hotels have more choice but it tends to be the same most of the time.
The rest of the hotel was very clean and the staff were very good, particularly the snack bar waitress (who's name escapes us)
It's the first time on holiday that we haven't had to get up at a ridiculous time in the morning to get a sun bed and it was very peaceful throughout the day.
If we had paid the normal brochure price for our week we would have been disapointed with what was on offer, as for would we recommend this hotel to others then we'd say only for a late deal price."

• Travel date: Sun 17th of September 2006

The Park Hotel , The best Hotel we have ever stayed in

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"This was our sixth year at the Park Hotel and it just gets better, this year they now have a childrens play area in the garden and childrens pedaloes in the swimming pool, mind you i had to have a go myself, great fun! The hotel is always clean, the staff are always friendly and nothing is too much trouble.

We will be returning again"

• Travel date: Sat 19th of August 2006

Excellent

Reviewed Mon 3rd of December 2012

"My girlfriend and i, just got back from 1 week stay at this hotel.
The Park hotel is a clean and friendly hotel in Tsivili. It has 82 rooms which are very clean. We had clean towels 3 times a week. Every room had Sat-TV (for free), refrigirator (for free), safe box (10 eur/week), air-condition (5eur/day). The rooms have the balcony or terrace. The food was realy good. The pool is small, but very clean. The sun umbrellas and sun beds was for free (on the beach was 5 EUR for 2 sun beds and sun umbrella-very cheap).

Tsivili is a beautiful village in Zakynthos, where u can find a lot of fun by day and night. The hotel is situated at the end of the village (very quiet place). To the nearest beach is about 700 meters. The beach is beautiful and clean. Thera are quite a few bars on the beach where u can find a refreshing drinks- cocktails,milk shakes...

This was our first visit at this hotel, and it was certainly not the last. We will come back soon...I hope."

• Travel date: Mon 7th of August 2006

excellent first time

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"just got back from a 2week stay at the hotel not to mention first time to any part of greece absolutely loved it clean tidy great people excellent staff very proffessional . food is different but hey your in a different country if you want british food stay in britain. quiet location though not to far from tsilivi itself id say 5-10mins stroll plenty of resturaunts and shops some night life gorgeous beaches superb views from your room balconies ideal for all ages lots of trips available locally to see the rest of the island all of this and more in a relaxed atmosphere. will be going back again soon"

• Travel date: Tue 20th of June 2006

Excellent hotel!!

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"Just had a week staying at the Park Hotel. Having read the (awful) 2005 reviews i was more than a little sceptical about staying here. All I can say is that they must have worked on righting the wrongs! The hotel was absolutely spotlessly clean - I couldn't believe it - even the skirting in the corridor areas didn't have dirt or dust. The food was really lovely (ok maybe a tad luke warm when you turned up late for dinner - only to be expected me thinks). The TV in the room was free; the pool was clean; the staff were friendly; we had clean towels 3 times (too much really); the rooms were tidied everyday; and it's at the quieter end of town which suits couples and familys perfectly. However, I did agree with one point - the coffee is just awful!! but hey - if you're going to base your review on such tiny (moaning) detail then I think you need to get out a bit more! (or stay down the road in Lagana!). Cheers."

• Travel date: Thu 15th of June 2006

Stay at on Room Only basis.

Reviewed Sat 17th of November 2012

"We booked the first week in October on a Half board basis. Whilst the hotel itself was satisfactory, the meals were truly awful, and we had to eat out to obtain satisfaction, but at extra cost. On arrival we were instructed to sit at a specific table each evening, and whilst we shared with two other couples, we did manage to get on quite well with each other, but it could so easily have been otherwise. We were given no option but to comply with this. The food was repetitive but would have been acceptable, just, except for the fact that it was always served cold to luke warm. The coffee was cold if you added milk whilst the water provided to make tea was not hot enough to dissolve the (cheap) tea bag. To add insult, the toast came with low fat margarine for the first five days of our visit. I took up the matter with the owner but he disputed my claims quite angrily. The main course at dinner was also served only luke warm, at least the times we did eat there. Furthermore, he always served the food wearing the same clothes that he wore at all other times and wore no protective clothing at all. Not once was he seen to be washing his hands and the hygiene standards seemed non existent. There can only be better places in Tsilivi to stay!"

• Travel date: Mon 17th of October 2005