Zante Park Hotel, BW Premier Collection

Laganas Beach, Laganas 29100 Greece

Good

A smile wouldn't go amiss

"Our holiday did not get off to a good start. There was a problem with the rooms not being vacant for us when we arrived so we were put up in an old shabby room for one night before being moved the next day. Although this was a mistake on the hotels behalf we were made to feel as we were being awkward about not being happy with our room allocation. The staff in general were not happy in their work and this was very obvious, the barman was the only one to give us a smile. The restauant food was Ok but you had to get in early to find a clean table and were often not brought drinks until half way through the meals. They were cleary understaffed. Having said that the rooms and outside areas were cleaned to a high standard. The pool area was lovely and there was always a free sunbed. The hotel was very near to the beach but a good 20 minutes walk from the main 'strip'."

• Travel date: Thu 3rd of November 2005

Terrible

"Having read the reviews prior to going on holiday i was a little bit weary of what the hotel would be like. I have always thought that a lot of people go on holiday to moan so, we went with an open mind. The hotel was spotless and our room was cleaned every day as was the towels if needed. The breakfast was nothing to get excited about but if this was missed you could have a snack at the AL CARTE snack bar this consisted of a sandwich which was not refrigerated or left overs from the night before ie, pizza and cold chip that sat all day until eaten or removed when the pool bar closed. When you went in to the restaurant on the evening the meals were ok but most evening we had finished our meal, 3 courses, before we got asked what drinks we would like. The waiter's always rushed to serve the paying guests first obviously for the tips which made us feel like second class citizens. The main bar was depressing everybody sat around playing cards all night as there was nothing else to do and the so called entertainment was practically none existant this consisted of a young lady coming in twice a week and called bingo and tried to make this last as long as possible followed by a quiz, on the alternate bingo night this was followed by karaoke. We had a Greek night on the first Sunday which was good but nothing the following week. On both Mondays we had a turtle talk from the volenteers who look after the turtle on the island it was interesting but not entertainment. It was not a pleasant holiday the staff hardly ever smiled and this did reflected on the guests. It is the first and last AI holiday that we will be going on which is a shame as i am sure that other AI hotels do not deserve to be thought up on as been the same as this one. Thankfully the resort was close by and we did take plenty of money with us which we did spend , and the island of Zante is beautiful and we will not be put of from visiting the island in years to come."

• Travel date: Sun 16th of October 2005

Great Value

"I stayed at Zante Park 4* for 1 week with my friend. It was so clean and the staff at reception were very friendly especially at night.
Upon arrival we were given welcome drinks whilst our room was being prepared(we were early).
We booked this hotel with Med Hotels and paid £246 All Inclusive including transfers. So we werent expecting the best.
The food was average, cocktails were on the All inclusive so we were happy with that.
Entertainment was good - Bingo, Quiz night, Greek Night, Loggerhead turtle talk.
Rooms were a good size with a powerful shower, beds were changed every day. Air conditioning was ok, but we had a balcony.
The area has good nightlife 'The Strip' is a bit of a walk, we got a cab every night for 6 euro.
Excursions:
We went to the Water Village in Tsivili - Good fun and the boat trip to the Shipwreck Island - Lovely.
Overall a wonderful holiday and would recommend it."

• Travel date: Mon 19th of September 2005

Not many complaints

Good

"I’ve just come back from Zante Park (one week all-inclusive). I have to disagree with the person saying that the food was terrible. There was lots of choice especially at lunch and dinner (always a vegetarian, meat and fish option). The restaurant does get quite busy around 8pm so I’d try to go earlier.

If you miss breakfast (we only ate there twice as it closes at 10am), there are fresh sandwiches and fries in the pool bar restaurant from 10.30 – 17.30. The fizzy drinks are all a bit flat and I’m pretty sure that the bottled water from the pool bar wasn’t mineral water. Ice cream cones from the pool bar are also included but you have to pay for ice cream from the freezer.

The pool was fairly busy but we always managed to get sun beds (even late afternoon). There was a variety of people staying at the hotel: couples, families and of course young groups of Brits.

There is not much entertainment during the day or evening. There is a table tennis table and pool table available to guests and the evening entertainment consists of a bingo and a quiz on Tuesday night, bingo and karaoke on Thursday and a Greek night on Sunday. Bar drinks were all locally produced. There was also a choice of cocktails and “fake” Malibu, Baileys and Archers!!

If you are going for the nightlife, the main “Strip” is about 20 mins walk away or €6 in a cab. We used to stay in the hotel bar until midnight (end of all-inclusive drinks) and go out after. However we did feel a bit old out on the Strip (at 26 and 32!!) as everyone seems to be between the age of 18-20.

The actual hotel room was smaller than the picture on the website and the beds weren’t very comfortable. The air conditioning is not available from 09.00-18.00 so I wish I’d known before about switching the sockets!! The mini-bar is not included – a small bottle of water costs about 60 cents

Overall, we had a nice holiday - the hotel was clean, the food was better than average and the staff were generally friendly and all spoke English. The hotel is far enough away from the nightlife to enable a relaxing holiday and although I wouldn’t personally go back there, it has more to do with the resort not being my thing than this hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 5th of September 2005

rubbish

"My girlfriend and I both stayed here in july and found it to be appalling value for money. The food was the biggest problem it was never cooked and i was sure there were left overs put out to serve again!the staff were rude although the bar man was ok!the rooms and pool were the only positive thing about the place. The staff also smoke when they are working in the bar and eating area which i thought was awful. The people who say the food is nice Im curiose to know if you were drunk?"

• Travel date: Sun 4th of September 2005

Absolutely dreadful all inclusive programme

"We are a family of four and travelled to Zante for the first time mid August. I had read several reviews about the Hotel and was looking forward to a little bit of luxury - NO WAY on the all inclusive programme! ( despite paying over £3000) We were subjected to warm, flat soft drinks which were kept in large bottles out on the side of the bar, whilst those guests on half board basis were served drinks from the fridge. the food was luke warm, and the lunch time menus were absolutely appalling ( surprisingly the lunch time menu was only for all inclusive guests!). The entertainment was non existent - either a talk from the local protection society for the turtles or a bingo game that cost 3 euros a time. All of the AI guests who were at the hotel were extremely unhappy at the standard of service / quality of food/ drinks - it seemed that we were treated as second class citizens because we weren't paying money at the bars. The staff in the pool bar were rude and arrogant. We have been on a number of AI Holidays in the past and NONE were like this! It is a shame because the hotel is clean, location is good ( just far enough out of the main resort but still within walking distance of the beach and shops / tavernas). I would not recommend anyone to come to this hotel on an all inclusive basis - it has put us off all inclusive for life!"

• Travel date: Sun 4th of September 2005

Couldn't have booked a better hotel if we'd tried!

"My partner and I had never been half board before and wondered if we had done the right thing instead of book for self catering (we love our food and love finding the best restaurante! hey! you've got nothing else to think about whilst on holiday!). But worry not, the food was absolutely lovely. I was really impressed and our only worries turned to what to pick from the choice available - it was great. The food was to a great quality and we had a brill time! I would definately go back and do the same again in a couple of years time in this hotel!

p.s. a tip for the wise - the air conditioning is only available at certain hours in the day. If you require it throughout the day - put the plug in a different socket! You'll understand when you get there. There is a certain socket where the electric goes off! get in! (we found this on the last day!)"

• Travel date: Wed 31st of August 2005

OK

"I stayed at this hotel on all inclusive basis for a week with some friends and found it a con....if you use anything from the mini bar you are charged!!!!! we were told by Manos that there are exclusions for the alcohol (locally produced) that was fair enough but there was little choice.....the hotel was very clean and the pool area is lovely but this was not good as a base for 6 girls on a girly holiday as the hotel had a lot of old people there and we were hushed by the staff when we came in of an evening.......the food was appauling the food was not kept warm the lunch menu consisted of cheese and ham toasties cheese toasties or ham......until we complained and all of a sudden some rolls appeared this made a nice change. it was lucky that we had plenty of spending money as nearly every night we ate out!!!!

I would not go back to this hotel as we all paid £410 for a weeks holiday and ate out most of the time what a rip off i do hope it improves as it could be a really nice place if the food was up to scratch."

• Travel date: Wed 10th of August 2005

Good Hotel

"Just returned from staying at the Zante Park Hotel. Could not fault hotel or staff. Stayed in annexe across road from the hotel which did not detract from holiday as size of rooms were probably bigger than that of those in main hotel. All meals are buffet service and are good with plenty of choice. Staff all friendly and couldnt do enough for us. Short walk from hotel to beach and main strip of shops. bars and restaurants."

• Travel date: Thu 16th of June 2005

a good base for your holiday

"we have just returned from a splendid week at the zante park hotel in laganas in zante a very nice clean hotel ,superb food, close proximity to the beach, the beach is lovely, about four miles long ,the coastline is beautiful with wonderful views and generally a nice place to be
at the hotel the lady manageress never smiles to anyone , then on the last day she actually smiled when she said good morning i suppose it could have been wind , we will never know
but i have got to say all the other staff were very helpful and pleasant"

• Travel date: Fri 29th of October 2004

i went last year and found all staff ver...

"i went last year and found all staff very helpful i was given a free drink on my arrival and showin to my room i found that at meal times the was a good choice of food to pick from and that the hotel was about 10-15 mins walk to beach and bout 20 mins to the local nightlife i enjoyed it that much that i am goin back again this year and staying there again i wud really consider stoppin at this hotel but it is mainly aimed for older people around 15 yrs old upwards "

• Travel date: Fri 11th of July 2008

My wife and I have just returned from th...

Good

"My wife and I have just returned from the Zante Park Hotel. The staff are very friendly and helpfull. The rooms are spotless and are cleaned everyday, the bedding and sheets were changed daily too. We didnt use the lounge area very much as there is little or no extraction fans and the room was so smokey that it was unpleasant. People are allowed to smoke anywhere in the hotel and at times it can be quite unpleasant. The standard of food is quite bad really, even at the start of the meal timings we found that the food was usually at best lukewarm, all meals including breakfast are served with lukewarm soggy frozen chips. I only saw mash potatoes once and there was only one day where we saw veg on the hotplate other than the usual salad veg. Probably the worst meals were at breakfast. The snacks provided at the poolside consisted of things like burgers and fish fingers.

The hotel is within about 10 minutes walk from the beach. I would recommend this hotel I think - but I would recomend that you do not do the food package, we think that was money wasted "

• Travel date: Thu 15th of May 2008

Hotels near Zante Park Hotel, BW Premier Collection

Stayed at Zante Park Hotel, BW Premier Collection? Share your insight.

Zante Park Hotel, BW Premier Collection is also called