Tzante Hotel

Laganas 29092 Greece

Good

I've seen nicer animal kennels!

"I have just recently returned from a holiday in Laganas where i stayed at Hotel Tzante.
What an eye opener!
When we arrived us six girls had to lug are heavy suitcases up three long flights of stairs! Due to the fact there were no lifts.
When settled in are room we realised indeed, to never judge a book by its cover, it looked relatively pretty and appealing from the outside but inside was repulsive, we had three rooms as a group, one of them had dried sick under the bed, all of them had all hairs on the floor from the previous animals that had been staying there, all the the bedsheets were filfthy and one of them even had blood on it!
The Hotel staff weren't particularly friendly or helpful. The pool was tiny and again dirty!
What astounded me the most was that they were really stereotyping us youngsters, thinking we wouldn't care about where we were staying, so as i have said the place was filfthy, ridiculously noisy every hour day and night, yet you weren't allowed to take people back to your room! I think its way too late to start laying down the ground rules there! So if you're planning to pull out there (which you probably are!) I'd just head straight to the beach, cause Hotel Tzante has far too much pride and principles that they will not allow just anybosy into the Hotel! Although saying that they must make Cokroaches feel welcome cause there were plenty of them staying there who hadn't booked in!!
The only thing good about it was its location, the nightlifes reasonable, but i've been to better lively resorts.
Oh and advice to boys going to Zante, DO NOT upset the bouncers!
The only nice Hotel there was Hotel Victoria, that i would HUGELY reccomend!"

• Travel date: Mon 21st of August 2006

Very loud hotel!!!!

"You get what you pay for at Hotel Tzante. Although I did know it was club 18-30, nothing prepared me for how loud this hotel would be. The walls are so thin that you can hear everyone on your floor when they come home (always drunk and very loud). You can hear people vomiting 3 doors down and it's really hard to get to sleep and once you do you get woken up!

The rooms are very basic, but okay. i was a bit dissapointed that the maid only cleaned our room and gave us clean towels once in a week! When we arrived out sheets and towels were dirty, with orange splodges all over them!

The air conditioning was a god send thankfully! The hotel is near everyting which is good, the beach, the shops, the nightlife. If your bnot fussy in the slightest you will be fine, def not for me though."

• Travel date: Tue 8th of August 2006

18 - 30's hotel says it all

"If you are 18-30 and looking for a lively hotel based in the middle of all the action, this is for you.
The hotel is very nice and the location couldn't be better. Rooms are very basic. It is a room only basis, so no cooker, plates etc (just a fridge for your alcohol!). Air con is 5 euros a night and well worth it !
The pool is great. Food and drinks are both reasonably priced.
The pool is always quite in the morning, but gets busy about mid-day (when the hangovers are wearing off), so get your sun beds before the rush.
The hotel shows the latest films a couple of nights a week outside the front on a big screen.
Would only recommend for people between 18-30. Very popular with singles, so couples looking for a romantic getaway might be disappointed.
All in all, great hotel, great location and great staff."

• Travel date: Tue 1st of August 2006

Amazing!! best hotel!!

"Just came back from zante!! hotel Tzante is -- awesome.....its not exactly 5* but the people are friendly, the atmosphere is great and i love the pooool!!! its got the best location...its right near the beach and next to all the clubs...kfc and pizza hut right opposite..but go to toti's burger!!! ...oh and if your rooms at the front get air con!!! had the best holiday ever!!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 27th of July 2006

The best place on the island

"the hotel is situated in the best place. the family who own it are brilliant! really friendly. barmen duncan and ollie are great! kept the fun going all day and night long!! every wed is bbq night which is highly recommended it was brill!! the rooms are fine. basic but very clean which is unusual for an 18-30's hotel. overall, had a brilliant time, sometimes opted to stay around the pool bar at night rather than going out. if you go i suggest you try the mindblasters (they are self explanatory!!) amazing. Will definately be back Tzante just u try and stop me!!"

• Travel date: Tue 18th of July 2006

i loved it!

"i loved stayin at the tzante hotel. best holiday i av eva had. it was pretty basic but wot do u expect 4 a cheap holiday. it was in the centre of everything and the staff was very helpfull. deffinatley recomend it."

• Travel date: Sat 8th of July 2006

romms were horrible

"the hotel was ok the bar and pool was about the nisest part of the hotel, the rooms were not very clean and vey small, you could hardly move with three of you in there. the food was ok at the pool bar and the drinks in the pool bar are resnable cheap compaired to every where else. if you go with 18-30 you will get pestered all the time to go on excursions and book with them dont bother they take you to all the very expensive bars. and"

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of June 2006

Tzante Best Hotel Ever!!

"I went to the tzante hotel with my three friends this June and had the best holiday ever! The hotel is excellent but basic and is directly on the strip. The rooms contain a fridge, kettle and air conditioning for around £12 per week. The staff are friendly and the reps are excellent and helpful, they recommended the best nights out like the foam party and bar crawl, well worth the money. The pool is fairly big and food great. The hotel also play films at night if your ready before 11pm!! I loved my holiday and i am booking this hotel again for next year i would recommend this to anyone who likes a good time. Especially couples and young people!"

• Travel date: Sun 27th of November 2005

the best hotel in zante

"me and my friends stayed in tzante hotel from 16th june until 1st of july. it was my 3rd time at the hotel. the hotel was brillant right on the main strip of laganas. the drink in the hotel was cheap. the food in the hotel was brillant no complaints. the hotel staff was out of this world so friendly and helpful. me and two of my friends are going back in september to the same hotel and we cant wait to see everyone again. i dont know how people can complain about the hotel. It is clean and looked after the rooms have a fridge this year which was brill to keep the drinks in. i think its the best hotel in laganas not far to walk to the pubs and clubs you wont be disappointed with this hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 30th of July 2005

The absolute pits, don't stay here!!

"Unless this hotel has been totally refurbished since 2001, do not stay here. Do not be fooled by the impressive appearance on the outside. My wife & I have stayed at many Hotels all over the Med & this is by far the worse. It's true to say that you get what you pay for & we did book this as a late minute deal, however it was fit for a dog. As soon as the door opened to our room, my jaw hit the floor. The room was like a sweatbox, the curtains stunk of urine. I immediately asked to move rooms but was told they had no other spare rooms. The manager/owner was a real misery along with his family of staff. The swimming pool was minging with bits floating in there.

I actually posted my review on the JustZante website shortly after our return, but was wiped off. So much for unbiased views!!

In terms of location it's ideal & there is an outdoor cinema screen where they regularly show pirated, yet to be released films.

The total irony of it all was that the resort itself was excellent, a real laugh for party animals & was one of the most enjoyable holidays we had. Just don't stay here!!

You've been warned."

• Travel date: Tue 17th of May 2005

Best club 18-30 I've ever stayed in!

"The transfer time for a start was only about 20mins and when we arrived we were not disappointed! There were 3 of us altogether so we all fitted in the spacious room no problem! Hotel staff were extremely friendly and the pool although small played good music during the day and had fab bar staff. On arrival you will get hit by the reps trying to sell you the package, I don't recommend it as all the events started so early and were a bit of a rip off! They will sell you tickets to a paint party but rescue (one of the best clubs) does a much better one for 10euro every Wednesday night! The location was FANTASTIC!!!! Right on the strip, you leave and everything is at your door step literally a 3 min walk to the beach! I would fly back here in a heartbeat! If you've booked up and have any trip advisor worries! Forget them. Best hotel in laganas! Guaranteed! "

• Travel date: Wed 12th of September 2012

Perfect young and lively place to stay!

"The hotel was in a great location with a decent sized pool, beach just down the road and all the clubs and restaurants on your doorstep! one word of advice! DO NOT LET THE REPS FORCE YOU INTO BUYING TICKETS! the first day we were there the reps crammed me and my friends into a room and basically forced us to pay up 220 euros for the weeks events! To be fair at the end of september I advise some of the events as the strip is mostly dead but I would not recommend then 220 euro package to anyone! and the free bars are rubbish! it is very limited as of what you can get, no beers just things like vodka and lemonade with like 1% vodka in the cup... also the lemonade is usually flat.. soo think about it before you pay because they will NOT refund you.. we tried 5 times to get a refund without success.. so apart from the reps, the hotel was in a perfect location for a lads holiday, made some amazing friends while staying there! hope to stay at Tzante again next year!"

• Travel date: Mon 26th of September 2011

Hotels near Tzante Hotel

Stayed at Tzante Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Tzante Hotel

• Hollidolli by Hollidolli

"18-30 booze cruise + school disco + neon nights "

• Krissa_x by Krissa_x

"looks horrendous in the day, buzzing at night "

• Laurie by Laurie

"Go out every night and make the most of it!!! "

• James Paylor by James Paylor

"Think before booking events with the reps! "

• Darylhughes21 by Darylhughes21

"Don't bother about the club 18-30 package! Also if your nice to the security guard there nice to you! "

Tzante Hotel is also called