smartline Margarita Hotel

Laganas 29092 Greece

Fabulous Hotel I Have Been To For The Last 7 Years

"I have just returned from my fortnight at the Hotel Margarita and have been reading some of the reviews people have put. I would just like to say that I have been going to this hotel now for 7 years and I couldn't fault one single thing about it. The people who run it are like my family and they always treat you kindly and with the respect you deserve. How people can complain about small little things which could be rectified if you only mentioned these things to the hotel staff.
As far as the food is concerned you couldn't go wrong, there was always a choice of food for people and even if they didn't like it there was ALWAYS something, yes they serve chips all the time but they have to think of the children as well and if there was not one thing on the menu that the kids could't eat then that isn't the hotels fault.
I can't understand why people fault this hotel it is fabulous and I definately wouldn't stop going just for something so stupid it could be sorted in a matter of days"

• Travel date: Thu 18th of May 2006

like fawlty towers!!

"my husband and i stayed at this hotel in october 2004 the only brilliant thing about it was the weather it was gorgeous!the hotel was an absolute joke.we arrived in the afternoon and had to stand outside on the steps queuing up to check in for almost an hour in the scorching heat.when we were finally checked in we were briefly pointed to where our room was,it was outside and quite far away.good job my husband is strong because he had to drag the two suitcases all the way up and down loads of steps!when we got to our room it was horrible,mouldy and dirty.the curtains were ripped and half hanging off the rails,and the walls were all damp and smelt fusty.we went for our first and last meal there that night and it was like school dinners!we even got designated our own table,we were told that at every meal time we must stick to the same table this meant sharing a table with another couple who we didnt even know for the whole holiday!the food was chips,potatoes salad and more chips!we ended up having breakfast there and that was it,we ate out every night.we spent a fortune because we hated the hotel that much that we hardly even had a drink at night there which was annoying because it cost us £650 for the pair of us to be all inclusive for the week.it wasnt just the rooms and canteen style dining that we didnt like,because we went out of season the hotel was full of families,our room was right next to the kids pool and the noise woke us up every morning,i am 24 years old and my husband is 36 so after a night on the tiles being woken up by screaming brats and nagging mums did our heads in!there was an adult only pool though which was very pretty and relaxing,however,all the couples were around late fortys and made us feel really uncomftable by giving us dirty looks and tutting at us all the time!my husband even over-heard a woman at the bar telling her partner that i was "a disgrace" for walking around with my "silicone out"am i the only 20 something who goes topless around the pool on holiday when its 80 degrees?!!the whole atmosphere of the hotel was horrible,we felt so uncomftable and out of place it ruined what could have been a great holiday because we both love greece and thought that zante was lovely.maybe the place is totally different in the summer and would be good fun,or maybe it was the miserable old couples that made it so awful,we wont be going back so i guess we'll never know..."

• Travel date: Tue 11th of April 2006

Dont Expect Good Entertainment!!!

"Recently returned from a weeks holiday at the hotel Margarita. I had read great reviews about this hotel so I was somewhat disappointed with what I found. The rooms were very basic. We had a front facing room which was blocked from the sunlight by a giant palm tree. Shower grill on floor leaked when other rooms were using showers in their rooms. Food was good but not much choice for children. Pool snacks ended 6 p.m. Staff friendly. Entertainment was poor and of a hi de hi quality. Darren and Sara tried and failed miserably to entertain. Darren and Sara hung around the pool most of the time trying to entice various people to play pool/darts/table tennis/bowls/water polo. The only breather you got from them was on a Sunday! Bingo and Quiz's are great for the over 50's but not much fun if you are not into these as they tended to go on for at least two hours every night. Too much of a good thing dont you think Darren? Resort was fairly deserted this time of year but still plenty of shops and bars to go into.

Hotel Margarita is very much a 3 star hotel, dont expect too much but it is good value for the money.

Note to Management, please do something with the entertainment next year!!!!!"

• Travel date: Sat 5th of November 2005

Wonderful place to relax

"Just returned from this hotel and can understand why it is considered the best in Zante. The family running the hotel, the entertainment team of Darren and Sara make your stay very enjoyable and you immediatly feel at "home". The food was very good for a small hotel and the selection fine in the resturant and also really good burgers and snacks at the pool bar. A good choice of drinks at the bars. The rooms are large and clean although the shower is small the bathroom has plenty of room. Evening entertainment was in-house but always fun after a few all inclusive drinks. Would recomend this hotel to anyone."

• Travel date: Tue 18th of October 2005

Wish we didn't have to come back

Good

"We have just returned from our 2 weeks at the Margarita. Just to rest everybody's mind: the hotel is clean, food was very nice, staff are friendly, the only thing I would mention was that the rooms were a bit dated, but perfectly adequate. Beech is a short walk away (5-10 mins), shops 5 mins. We hired a car and it was the best thing we did. Zakynthos is absolutely gorgeous. Will definitely be going back."

• Travel date: Wed 12th of October 2005

entertainment is awful

"overall this was a comfortable hotel food was reasonable. staff were always very friendly but the table we sat at in the middle of the dining room was awkward to get to with chairs from other tables so close.
the bedroom was clean but the shower room was inadequate and everywhere was so dark. but the biggest complaint was the entertainment , it was so boring bingo every night and if you were not playing you didnt dare talk while they were calling out the numbers and as there was no other lounge to sit in you had no choice but to sit there in silence.Darren was awful and really not doing a very good job at all. We would have to know that he had gone before going to this hotel again."

• Travel date: Sun 9th of October 2005

ab. fab.

"great hotel, all the staff are very frindly and helped us plan a day out when we hierd a car. the two hotel entertainers deserve a special mention as they tried there best all day every day and always produced the goods. the hotel it's self is very clean and quiet around the adult pool for a relaxing day. we will definatly be going back."

• Travel date: Thu 6th of October 2005

Best Hotel on the Island

"Just got back from a week at the Margarita Hotel and my only regret is that I did not book for 2 weeks. The hotel is fab! staff are always helpfull and friendly and the hotel is immaculate. The food in the resturant is the best I have ever had on an all inclusive and there is plenty to choose from. At the Margarita you are given a table number at check in and you must sit at the same table for all your meals, so be prepared to share your table at meal times. If you miss meal times in the resturant then just pop to the pool bar for a salad roll or burger and chips. I was very surprised at how nice the food from the pool bar was and the staff serving always have a friendly smile. The hotel has a great atmosphere about it and I will definalty be returning!! Hope the bingo is still going, I won €300 on my second night!!"

• Travel date: Mon 12th of September 2005

excellent atmosphere

Good

"Possibly the best holiday we have ever had. Staff all friendly and helpful. Hotel extremely clean. Entertainment is very good considering it is all in house. You only get out what you put in. Recommend getting involved. Food high quality and varied, although after a week you may wish to go out once or twice. Brilliant for families and couples but groups of girls or guys may want to consider going elsewhere as they would not benefit from all inclusive if they don't get up after previous nights revelling. Overall fabulous"

• Travel date: Tue 16th of August 2005

pure quality

"this hotel was quality!
many families were here, but also contained many groups of people
however, the people who went to the town were quiet for the other people, and were no complaints.
the staff was excellent.
the entertainment wasn't too great with the team containing 3people!
bingo every night which was good for most people. a mini disco which jus wasn't.
however, i did enjoy the mr margarita contest, which was a laugh.
i wasn't too keen on food as most of it was the same most days. but they had a snack bar which had burgers, chips etc.
i would definately go here sometime in the future, probably with all me mates."

• Travel date: Sun 10th of July 2005

ace holiday(steve 1)

"One of the best holidays Ive been on,very clean and quiet. Lotte and Sophie did great job entertaining and the staff were very friendly especially George the barman who always had a laugh for us. Went with wife and 12 year old son who was kept busy all day.As for people who moaned about sharing a table at mealtimes,get real,we met a great family first day on ours and spent rest of holiday with them( thanks Caroline Andy and Morgan)
there are a few wasps around pool but they not nasty,if you wave your arms about like a loony then that's your own fault!
Never had trouble with food which was very varied
not much around the hotel except the normal shops but that's same most places.
all in all i would recommend this hotel and i would certainly go back no problem."

• Travel date: Sat 9th of August 2014

Good Hotel Great Holiday

Good

"Have just returned from 2 weeks at the Margarita Hotel, and enjoyed a very good holiday there.

Accomodation:
We were allocated a room in the new block and it was very clean and functional, only slight complaint would be that there was not enough storage space, but there were 5 of us, however on the positive side all of the kids had their own proper bed, when I was expecting there to be at least one camp bed. Cleaned 6 days a week, air conditioning a must though but it was only in the main bedroom which meant that we had to leave the door open so as to ensure the kids room didn’t get too hot. There were several young groups staying in the hotel at the time of our our holiday but there was never any trouble with them day or night.

Food
Did get a bit repetitive but always something there for everyone and the deserts were gorgeous. The snacks at the pool bar were great, with a variety which pleased all of our party.
We did eat out and there are some good deals in the adjacent streets to the hotel.

Entertainment
The entertainment crew tried to keep the activities going with Pool, Darts, Football, Water Polo & Volleyball. The evening entertainment was the usual Bingo, Karaoke & Miss/Mr Margarita but again Adrian and the other organisers did their best & it was a lot better than some I’ve been too.
Went to the waterpark which although not the biggest was great fun.

Resort
The strip is about 10 mins walk away and is very lively with lots of party goers but the side streets have some nice bars & restaurants. Also there are some lovely beach side bars for a nice drink when the sun is going down.
Biggest down side of the resort is being constantly hassled to go into bars and restaurants by people on the streets.
Excursions much cheaper to buy in the resort.

Negatives
During our stay at the hotel there was a big problem around the family pool with lots & lots of wasps which only seemed to be getting worse as the time went on.
One of the kids in our group was burnt as one of the kitchen staff served him soup (far too much being served for the size of the dishes, meant it was right to the top of the bowl). There was no first aider at the hotel, and neither were they willing to provide dressings, and as there was a taxi strike, had to walk about 2 miles to the nearest chemist to get our own.
Apart from this a nice hotel with friendly staff.

The acid test is would I go back again – Yes I definitely would.

• Travel date: Sat 13th of August 2011

Hotels near smartline Margarita Hotel

Stayed at smartline Margarita Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for smartline Margarita Hotel

• nick lucas by nick lucas

"the strip is busy with clubers after 9pm so go down early "

• Anne_Helen by Anne_Helen

"turtle trip was fantastic - swimming in the clear blue ocean "

• Keeleyw88 by Keeleyw88

"For younger people wanting to party hard "

• Brendan. by Brendan.

"Great value for money! "

• queenc by queenc

"We only visited the water park- book down on the strip not with First Choice as it's half the price "

• "It's suitable for all ages. "

• "Views were spectacular "

• bobthemonkey by bobthemonkey

"Hireing a car to see the island is a must "

• x-baybeeboo-x by x-baybeeboo-x

"shipwrecked is really good from the view point!! "

smartline Margarita Hotel is also called