Savvas De Mar Hotel

• paid internet
  • swimup bar

Never again

Reviewed Fri 20th of April 2018

"There was 4 of us that stayed here for a girls holiday for my 21st birthday from 9th-16th September. We knew the hotel wouldn’t be that great as of course ‘you get what you pay for’ which everyone keeps saying on here but then again you always get the fussy people but this is not fussy I’m telling you now! Well we arrived at 12ish and we was greeted by Paul (one of the hotels reps), he took us to reception and we checked in with the manager and everything seemed okay. We was ‘assigned’ if you like to Jamie (again a hotel rep) we got taken to the bar to get a free shot before getting into our room which was watered down but obviously nothing but what you expect! He explained to us a deal the hotel were having a deal which if you paid €100 euros, you got a wristband which would get you free bar everyday from 8pm-11pm this was either at the swim-up De Mar Bar (not the other pool bar which was not explained to us!) and play world which is owned by the hotel and also the 1st Stop bar also owned by the hotel, we was told it was a completely free bar!... also what was included was breakfast every morning OR another meal in the day up to the amount of €5. I was on the fence about it but my friends agreed to it so we did it, after paying we were taken to our room which of course is as you’d expect for the price so it was fine, Jamie told us if we had any problems or if we needed anything to speak to him which we thought was nice. The sheets were cleaned every 2/3 days, along with fresh towels every 2/3 days but not all 4 of us were given fresh towels everyday and they would not give us extra towels for the bathroom to wipe hands etc.! The shower was an open shower so all the water would go everywhere and there was nothing for us to clean it with especially with dirty feet and then being tread through the rest of the room 😡. The cleaners barely cleaned the floors throughout the stay and did not give us fresh toilet roll either. We had to keep going to reception to ask for more toilet roll which was ridiculous and one day we decided to ask for two rolls of toilet paper and after leaving the room to go out and then coming back, we realised that a maid had actually taken a roll out of our room 😡 also during the stay, one of the maids stole a make up brush and my brand new eyeliner as well! 😡 Anyway back to the wristband we paid €100 each for, after unpacking and finally getting round the pool, we went to the bar as it was our first day they let us have an extra hour for free drinks to use whenever so we used it and I wanted a chocolate orgasm cocktail but then I was told that’s the only cocktail not included, then chose a different one which was disgusting. We could only have one at a time and had to bring back the same cup we used to prove we drank so they could reuse it 🙄 I then asked for a slushie which wasnt included then I asked for a Kopparberg which was on draught and this also wasn’t included! By this point I got seriously angry because I knew they had purposely mugged us off telling us it was a free bar when only a few cocktails were included in the price but this wasn’t explained at all only that it was a free bar. I asked for a refund as I thought it was a rip off, bartender said I needed to speak to my rep. So I went to the manager and she said she will call him and tell him to come to the pool, we were waiting and waiting a long time finally over half hour later he came over to us. He asked why I wanted the refund and I explained because it was a rip off and practically none of the drinks were included and then said he cant give us the refund! He was completely unprofessional and rude! I asked to speak to the manager and he came with us, I complained and said what happened and she wouldn’t refund us either! She let us have all the cocktails and would only let us have the Kopparberg half price, but the rep Jamie tried to lie and say that only the cocktails were included in the price when in actual fact he told us everything was included. I was not happy about this one bit but had to deal with it. The other pool with the slide was definitely much better, the staff were nicer and the pool was cleaner and not many drink people as there was at the other smaller pool. The hotel had their own pool party, which was very shit, charged us €40 for it but nothing was included in it and all the drinks were over €5 each including tubs of Pringles!!! The only two people that were nice to us during the stay was the two reps Paul and Abbey! Such lovely people and always willing to help, so thank you guys! Also when we arrived the manager offered us to pay €19.75 each for the room deposit, the safe and air conditioning and then told we would all get each of us €10 of it back as long as the room is okay. Well upon leaving, they checked our room and said it was fine and gave us back only €10 and not the full €40 as promised, again we complained but needed to get the cab to the airport so couldn’t do anything about it. So in conclusion the staff were very rude, never come across such rude people like it in my life, was appalling! They ripped us off from the start, and in total got another €150 each extra from us which we practically got nothing more so that’s €600 in total. A maid stole some some of my makeup, the rep Jamie was the most rude person and was only ever interesting in shagging girls and not helping people like he was supposed to, so I don’t care what anyone else says on here, I would never in my life go back to this hotel and would beg everyone else to pick a different hotel! Worst one I’ve been to, if anything they made the holiday worse for us, don’t go here!😡"

• Travel date: Fri 1st of September 2017

Fab hoilday Emma matt elliemai

Reviewed Wed 6th of July 2016

"We booked this holiday not knowing it was 18-30 club we are in our 40s and my daughter was 11. We had a fab time yes the rooms are basic but we're cleaned every 2 days with clean sheets. If we wasn't happy about anything they were quicker enough to sort it. The food by the bottom pool was fab very clean and the food was amazing. We are very fussy eaters also the owners were lovely miss them all lots. A bit if noise early in the morning but that's what we expected being in ,18-30 club so we didn't mind."

• Travel date: Wed 6th of July 2016

avoid like the plague

Reviewed Mon 10th of August 2015

"There were 11 of us on holiday here the place is disgusting we all got robbed even though we a had a safe over 1500 euros went missing between us plus a mobile phone a silver chain, a watch which went missing out of the safe turned back up 4 days later only after we caused hell on, we suspect it was the cleaner because it turned up after she had been in our room the police didn't want to know and the reps said they hadn't heard of anyone being robbed before which is a lie just by reading the comments on here."

• Travel date: Mon 10th of August 2015

Your not paying for 5 star so lower your expectations!

Reviewed Thu 15th of March 2012

"Me and my five friends stayed at savvas whilst on an 18-30 holiday in 2010. just after we had booked the holiday we all looked at reviews of the internet, we were all petrified after reading all the bad reviews about the hotel, we weren't looking forward to it at all! But all i can say is your not paying for a five star hotel so your not going to get one. The hotels alright, you get what you pay for! If you have recently booked to stay here don't change it isn't half as bad as people make out. Don't let the reviews get you down, just look forward to your amazing holiday!!! we all had a great time!! "

• Travel date: Wed 14th of March 2012

DO NOT STAY HERE!

Reviewed Wed 2nd of November 2011

"When we arrived we had to walk up a dirt track behind a petrol station to get our room key, there was goats, chickens and horses on the hotel complex. The smell was unbareable, i was actually nearly sick at how bad the smell was!!!!! IT just got worse! the rooms were disgusting, dirty and most things were broken. our room was never cleaned and the towels were not changed at all through the holiday. the pool was green and slimey and the slide was out of use because someone who went on it got their figner pulled off when going down it. they didnt clean around the pool and i stood on glass and it went into my foot and they didnt bother to even try to help me or clean the rest up!! the reps were never anywhere to be found, they didnt give you toilet roll if you ran out so we had to find our own. we got charged for towels they were already stained before we got there because we didnt dare to use them! DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL. ZANTE 11 WAS THE BEST TIME OF MY LIFEEEEE! APart from that hotel!"

• Travel date: Tue 1st of November 2011

do not stay here

Reviewed Wed 12th of October 2011

"at the top of the strip ages away from the beach constantly hassled by people trying to get you into bars. The room was disgusting dirty and run down, no air con, tv, shower was broken only worked on cold and shower head was cracked spraying everywhere, cooking amenities were disgusting a dirty electric hob and dirty cutlery. room service came once in the week we were there only changed bed sheets an 2 towels.tour reps were nowhere to be seen. ruined my holiday was like staying in a 3rd world country"

• Travel date: Thu 6th of October 2011

Amaaaazing holidayyy & hotel.!

Reviewed Fri 30th of September 2011

"4 of us went to savvas..when we got into our room it wasnt too bad, i suppose it could of been worse after reading the latest reviews. It seemed clean enough, and our beds were made and sheets were clean, but the rooms are basic, but thats what you pay for. It was right at the top end of the strip which is good to stumble back to, and about 15 mins away from the beach.. The maid came into our room every other day. They take your passports off you which is a bad point about Savvas. The staff are soo friendly, and the music played round the pool is decent. The slide is soo fun, it looks ****, but its good fun. I do feel sorry for the people who had rooms next to the farm, i remember walking up there after a night out and nearly being sick because of the smell, luckily we didnt have our room up there. Also, soom rooms are facing the petrol station, which looked really ****! We came back every morning at at least 6 and we played music out and we never got told to turn it down. A few people around us complained but thats what you get at an 18-30s hotel to be fair..if your planning on having a peaceful hotel or not prepared for the noise at early hours, then i suggest you dont book to go here.! Be careful about damaging anything and suggest to use your own towel as i saw a fair few people getting fined for staining towels and bedding. So think about having some money left for when you are leaving just in case, you dont get your passport back if you dont pay them. The pool is pretty horrible, just dont swallow any, it didnt turn any of our clothes green, but be careful of any cuts you get because mine seemed to go abit dodgey after a few days of going in the pool. Otherwise, Savvas is an amazing hotel, the atmosphere is brilliant, it was the best 2 weeks of my life!!"

• Travel date: Fri 30th of September 2011

Savvasss!!!!!

Reviewed Tue 13th of September 2011

"Right, so before I went i was expecting some dive in the *** end of nowhere...

I came back yesterday from one of the BEST weeks of my life!

Fair enough, the shower is at a height of two feet, the 'cooker' has to be plugged in to a slightly rickety plug and my friend had a rather unfortunate battle with a curtain rail.

HOWEVER... It is a fantastic hotel to go for a week of completely irresponsible fun! The staff at the Pool bar are FANTASTIC! The room is quite enough for what you need, the ramnge of food and alcohol is brilliant at the bar, and it certainly livens up a holiday to have a resident mouse who eats your dolly mixtures..?

The pool does turn your swimwear yellowish, but only if theyre bright white and it comes out really easily! There IS a farm next door, but watching the farm owner chase the stray turkeys around is always a hangover cure!

Laganas is the perfect place for a carefree holiday, made even better by the thought of relatively quiet days spent by the pool, and then yet another pre-drink session with Charlie Sheens (GET THESE!)

Its also not that loud, only as loud as you'd expect!

Do not visit this hotel for a relaxing two week holiday with the boyf, but for a lads holiday, it is perfect!

SAVVAS!"

• Travel date: Mon 12th of September 2011

Do not go to Savvas worse hotel ever

Reviewed Tue 13th of September 2011

"We walked up to the hotel to get to the reception no one greeted us made us carry our suitcases on our own up 2 flights of stairs and didn't offer to help then was given the hotel key and had to give them one of our passports we then went to our room and the first thing i said when i walked in was i wanted to leave it had mouldy walls the beds had crisps over them and the bed covers and sheets and pillow cases were dirty we had no cooking equipment at all considering we were self catering all we had was a fridge that smelt like it hadnt been cleaned in years the bathroom was vile the shower was dirty and everytime u had a shower it would flood the whole bathroom and kitchen and aswell when you went to the toilet you had to put the tissue in a bin that never got changed and had to ask to get it changed and the hardly ever did. The day of leaving we went down to get the passport and the woman started screaming at us saying we want money! for getting the sheets a little dirty which the maids should clean and she was swearing at us and refused to give us out passport until we gave her 30euros! so we had to pay her and we didnt even get our diposit back for the safe. And most of the staff are rude and we had so much money go missing!! I advise people to take into account these bad reviews and book somewhere decent so you can have a good holiday worse hotel/apartment I have been to was shocking!"

• Travel date: Mon 12th of September 2011

Total dump

Reviewed Wed 14th of September 2011

"As I go club 18-30 every year I wasn't expecting 5 star but this was the worst hotel ever!
When we arrived even the rep was shocked at our trashed room. The bedroom door was off the hinges just lying there, the cupboard door was hanging off, also the bathroom cupboard door! It looked like a 2 bed apartment and there was 3 of us so another bed was shoved in, which when we looked under the matress was broke! and just held up by a few bits of wood. The bathroom and whole room was dirty and disgusting. There was never any warm water and the sink in the bathroom was broke flooding the place.The rep said she wanted to get us moved but that was the last we heard of it so just got on with it. Every time we told any pr of bar staff we were staying at savvas they looked in shock as people had been getting things stole and it was a total dump, often warned to stay out of the pool!The pool was green and one girls blonde hair even went green in it! My bikini also turned green. Bottles and cans were never cleaned away from the pool so it was surrounded by wasps and bugs.Over all I always recomend club 18-30 but honestly this hotel needs to be removed stay away from this one!!! Zante is an amazing place totally recomend it just not the savvas or room 114!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 11th of September 2011

Dont believe all you read.... :)

Reviewed Mon 12th of September 2011

"I really dont understand some of these reveiws that people have written , most people are expecting a 5* service when you pay for a hotel like this you will NOT get it.

I was at the savvas for 2 weeks and a few things that id like to point out which what made this hotel amazing

- the pool does NOT turn your clothes or bikinis green (as i wore brand new bikinis all the time including white ones and NOTHING happened)
- the staff are amazing and are in no way at all rude & Dena the owner is fantastic
- It is noisy so if you want a peaceful holiday then dont bother with this hotel , the atmosphere is amazing everyone talks to everyone and its such a friendly venue
- Our room was NOT infested with ants or any bugs
- My room was right next to the farm and there was no bother at all

from reading most of the reveiws on this site people are expecting more than what they pay for.

You dont spend much time in the hotel itself if you are going out all the time , in theory really your getting what you pay for , a bed ,shower and room! if you want 5* service and a peaceful time this is not the hotel for you.

I had a fantastic time in this hotel and Dena is amazing and so so friendly ! there are no limits to this place and it is so much fun to be in.

I had no problems whatsoever in the whole 2 weeks me and my sister stayed here, also we didnt book with 18-30 but the reps still bothered to ask if we were having a good time, they dont have to do that but its nice that they did and the other staff are very friendly."

• Travel date: Thu 8th of September 2011

Amazing

Reviewed Tue 18th of October 2011

"Nothing wrong with savvas me and 3 mates just returned from a week there and there is nothing wrong with it. If u dont break anything you dont get charged simple. Its perfectly placed, reps and bar staff are legends and are always up for a laugh and you dont have to pay extra for people to stay like other hotels. Rooms are basic but you dont need anything other than beds, shower and plugs. I would definatly go back there next year! Savvas is the place to be!"

• Travel date: Sun 4th of September 2011

Hotels near Savvas De Mar Hotel

Top traveller tips for Savvas De Mar Hotel

• geordiegirl3 by geordiegirl3

"Laganas its self is a lively pumpin place definatly for the young and single "

• geordiegirl3 by geordiegirl3

"Rescues Club, Ghetto and Badboys! For Food Mad Murphys "

• kylie by kylie

"Loved laganas!!.. dont hesitate about going becuase of the reviews! try it! "

• kylie by kylie

"Savvvaaaaasss pool bar lovly food!.. Mc,donalds.... boo's cruise!! "

• ann2415 by ann2415

"laganas was amazing , hotel was a disgrace "

• ann2415 by ann2415

"muchies cheap and cheerful, restraunts near the beach were expensive but really nice. "

• emlaw by emlaw

"laganas is sooo good!!! "

• emlaw by emlaw

"premier bar,bonanzas,legends,chevvys,boat tour of the island,waterpark "

• lauren18x by lauren18x

"Not much to dofor two weeks but some good clubs and nice restraunts "

• kathbhols by kathbhols

"The resort is ok as there are some great clubs and bars, but there is not much to do in the daytime "

• kathbhols by kathbhols

"The steak house opposite Subway was a really nice restaurant "

• katiejoji by katiejoji

"yeah too right its awesome "

• Zante girls 2010 by Zante girls 2010

"loved zante best night life ever! "

• Flowerpot by Flowerpot

"Laganas is party party party! "

• bsh by bsh

"Don't stay at Hotel Savvas! "

• L-Axo by L-Axo

"If you want a room to get ready and a place close to the clubs this is hotel for you! "

• PINK by PINK

"if you want a party- this is the place to be "

• nbedford9 by nbedford9

"Loved Zante, definately a great destination for sun, sea and s-alcohol ;) "

• LOVE.ZANTE by LOVE.ZANTE

"Spnd time away from Savvas "

• zanteeeee by zanteeeee

"drink in the early bars "

Savvas De Mar Hotel is also called