Poseidon Beach Hotel

Laganas 29100 Greece

Great

Good

"Stayed here in mid-June with a friend. Temperature was in the 40's every day, and dropped to 25 during the night! Fantastic location - less than a 1 minute walk to the beach, good selection of bars and restaurants approximately 5 mins away, and a supermarket situated across the road from the hotel selling everything you could need.

Pool area is very clean, and there were plenty of sunloungers. Good sized pool, with both a pool bar and snack bar. Poolside 'entertainment' most days. Aqua aerobics and childrens activities. There is a charge for sun loungers on the grassy area and beach.

Hotel room was clean with maid service every day, and towels changed every second day. Air conditioning and fridge available for hire. However, shower head was not attached to the wall, which took a bit of getting used to.

The breakfast wasn't great - toast, cornflakes, diluted fresh orange juice, and small selection of cold meets.

Overall, would highly recommend the hotel, and definately go back."

• Travel date: Wed 19th of July 2006

If you love the beach

Good

"Stayed with my Girlfriend here in May 06 and had a great week. If you love the beach then this is the hotel for you. I am usually one for sitting by the pool but never really bothered as you can just walk out of the hotel right on to the beach. The hotel is very clean, the rooms are quite big. Air con was about £15 for the week and a fridge was £7 for the week. Maid service everyday but towels only changed twice during our stay. We only bothered with the breakfast once as it's basic and there are loads of other places near by where you can get a decent breakfast. Loads of resutarants and bars near by. It was about a mile walk to the nightlife. I would certainly go back there."

• Travel date: Fri 23rd of June 2006

GOOD LOCATION

"My partner and i stayed her the first week of july 2004.

If you get a room at the front of the hotel, this is the old part, we asked to move to the new block with a sea view which we did the 2nd day no problem.

These rooms are new and really nice so i would recommend you try and get one of these.
The Breakfast is Continental and not for the English at all so its not worth it.

The hotel is on the beach which is lovely! The sea is like a bath!
We went in July and the temp was 42 degrees every day with no breeze!
I used to live abroad and am used to hot temps but this is the hottest i have ever felt!"

• Travel date: Thu 7th of July 2005

Lovely Hotel, great location

"The hotel is in a great location right on the beach, away from the busy centre...but only a 10min stroll down the beach to the action.

Its very clean and tidy with well maintained gardens...it also has parking facilities which is handy if you hire a car.

We will definatley go back!!!"

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of July 2005

Great Hotel, Booked to go back

"We went to the Poseidon Beach Hotel in 2002, it had just been updated although we did not know this when we booked. The staff were really helpful, the fridge in our room did not seem to work and they replaced it for us 3 times. In the end we discovered that it was too hot in its cupboard and once we put it on the floor it was fine. The pool was very clean and not crowed ( we went last week in june/1st week July).
The Air conditioning is not on all year, there are however shops on the main strip that you can hire fans from for a charge. We did however find out on leaveing that you can pay to use the Air Con off peak time.
The grounds were very well looked after and every morning the gardens were watered. The rooms were kept clean and all he maids were really friendly.
The Bar was nice and had a great games machine that sat at the end of the bar. The long straws are also the best Gift you could take home for a cat!
The hotel is just off the beach, but you have to pay to use the Sunbeds on the grassy section just before you reach the beach.
We spent a lot of time in the sea as the water wa so calm. There are loads of turtles swimming round which makes snorkling great. But we did see the turtles in shallow water where people we knee deep so not being able to swim is not a problem.
The boat trips are worth going on, there are many to choose from when you get there.
We hired bikes for the first time while on holiday and cyclked to the town that you can get to if you walk accross the beach. it was easy to find, just follow the road signs. We passed the end of the runway for the airport and it was excellent, makes a good photo.
The Main strip in Lagana was fairly quiet in the last week in June but as soon as it got to the begining of July there were a lot more people around, this gave it a great atmosphere. as most of the bars are open you do not have to go in them to see what is going on. But it is not in your face if drinking is not your thing.
We have rebooked to go back this year with my parents and a collegue is looking to go the week we come back.
I would highly recommend the Posidon beach hotel!"

• Travel date: Tue 5th of April 2005

Excellent location

"Hotel was very clean and friendly. Location was right on the beach and in a quieter area of the resort which was great, but still within walking distance of shops, bars, clubs etc. Certainly one of the best hotels in the resort and well deserved as a 3 star hotel."

• Travel date: Thu 30th of September 2004

Wouldn.t go back...

"I went there in July 2004. The hotel looks pretty well, however, the services are below expectations.
The breakfast is only continental.

One day I did not have hot water for half a day. I think they have a big problem with common sense, since I received 2 completely weird explanations: one from the receptionist that "everybody was taking a shower", the other from the manager that "there was no electricity in Laganas during that period".

When I left, I payed cash and asked for a receipt. I was told that I had to wait until the manager comes back in order to get an electronic one. Of course that I left.

Another thing, maybe not so important but demonstrates the attention we received. My passport that I left at the reception had its cover winkled when I got it back."

• Travel date: Thu 29th of July 2004

beautiful hotel

Good

"We stayed in the hotel during the start of the season so we found it quiet, there were not many children there, which was a bonus.

The hotel was very modern for greek standards, with a funky bar, clean pool and plenty of sun longers available. The room was nice, maybe just a little small.

The staff are very friendly, especially angela who works behind the bar, she was extemely helpful and familiar with the island.

This is definitley the best hotel in laganas."

• Travel date: Tue 29th of June 2004

Mixed feelings about Poseidon and Laganas

"My partner and I went for 2 weeks in August 2002. I wouldn't describe this hotel as being more than a 3 Star however on looking round the resort I think we probably picked one of the better ones (for location certainly). The hotel is right on the beach which is a bonus, but don't don't think white sand beach you have to be more realistic. There is however a lot to do on the beach -turtle trips etc. and the nesting area is just 2 mins down the beach. The hotel is NOT on the main strip which is a REAL bonus as its only 5 min walk down the beach anyway so you have the choice to join in or just go for a quiet romantic meal.
This is an all British resort so if you want authenticity there are many others on the Island.In conclusion whilst I was a little dissapointed in the hotel (room standard, breakfast etc) in hindsight I wouldn't dare stay in any other if I returned to this resort other than perhaps the Anastasia next door."

• Travel date: Tue 16th of December 2003

Fantastic hotel

"I stayed at this hotel July 2010 with 3 other girls all aged 19.
This was our first holiday to Zante and we were gobsmacked
by this hotel in Laganas as this holiday was booked as a late
deal.
The hotel is stunning, the pool was lovely and clean,
There is a good sized eating area and a small bar, all with
extreemly polite and welcoming staff. The rooms were lovely
and clean, i would recommend paying for air con, its very
powerful and cooling after a night out and when getting ready.

The hotel is about a 15 minute walk from the clubs, which didnt
far along the beach. The beach is a stones throw away, literally! :)"

• Travel date: Wed 27th of April 2011

Great holiday, shame about the hotel!

Good

"This hotel was disappointing for the money we spent on it. The staff were rude for example laughing at the fact our food was inadequate for us. Also we wasnt given toilet paper, instead were told to go the supermarket. Another occasion was that they didnt have change at the poolside bar so we got the blame for having euro notes. This hotel is located nicely on the beach away from the main strip, but the sand was an issue. As the rooms were not cleaned every day and for the whole week our bedsheets were not changed. We were not given fresh towels, instead we had to ask for them and there were three people in my room, and we were only given two. The breakfast wasn't worth getting up for as there wasn't much to choose from and the milk was warm. Our toilet bins were not changed everyday. The jaquizzi smelt and wasn't properly working. It wasnt cleaned every often as there was green slime around the top. My party was aged all 18 and we were on the bottom floor. I can't say we were noisy or that our floor was, but it was as if we were being tarnished with the same brush as other youngsters. The security guard didnt believe we were in that hotel which I thought was disrespectful especially to one of may party who was called an inappropriate name. To sunbathe on the grass on our hotel we had to pay 5 euro. I dont think that it was fair as that was our hotel grass and we had to pay. Our holiday overall was brilliant and we all was happy with the 10 minute walk to the strip and there was no noise from there. "

• Travel date: Tue 20th of July 2010

A Hotel Worth the Visit

"Having just returned 12/7/2010 as a solo visitor from this wonderful Hotel I would like to give the Hotel & Management & all the staff a Great Round of Applause & Gold Stars for the Customer Care, Comfort & generally for running such a lovely Hotel.

Accom Basis:- Bed & Breakfast
Rooms: Very Nice & Comfortable inc. TV, Safe for
valuables, Air Com,lovely soft pillows &
comfortable beds. Plenty of storage space.
Daily Maid service.

Food: Breakfast inc.
Very nice & plenty of varity with excellent
presentation. Something for all tastes.

Pool Restaurant & Snack Bar
Once again great varied menu, very fair & good
value for money prices. Enjoyed all the food I
purchased here.

General Housekeeping:
The Hotel & its Grounds are spotlessly clean &
very well maintained. The Gardens are beautiful.

WOULD I RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL & WOULD I GO AGAIN.
The answer is 110% A VERY BIG YES.

• Travel date: Tue 13th of July 2010

Hotels near Poseidon Beach Hotel

Stayed at Poseidon Beach Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Poseidon Beach Hotel

• plymouthgirls by plymouthgirls

"bocca bbq is the best restaurant! "

• JeannieC by JeannieC

"You must consider this Hotel if you want to go to the Island & you want something to Suit All Ages. "

Poseidon Beach Hotel is also called