Oscar Hotel

Laganas 29092 Greece

Good Hotel - Perhaps not the best location

Good

"Firstly, can I say that the hotel itself has very few faults. The reception area, bar and pool are excellent and the rooms are kept very clean however the "Self Catering" aspect is very poor. I wasn't bothered as I ate out most of the time, but if you did want to knock yourself something together then all there was 2 hobs, a kettle and a toaster - no grill or oven.

Location wise is potentially where this loses some marks for me personally but then this depends on what you want and your ''family'' situation. The hotel is about 25 minute walk from where all the life (bars and restaurants) is and about 30 from the beach (however through the day the hotel lays on a minibus so this isn't a problem). We have a three year old so the walk to the Kalamaki Rd was a nightmare (taxis are 6 Euros there and back). If you are a couple without kids then this lessens the issue to be honest. If you are a couple or group wanting proximity to the bars and clubs then this might be a bit out of it.

However, there are a couple of very good restaurants within proximity to the Oscar (The Palataki which is right next to it and the Paradise which is about 10-15 minutes away).

I suppose what I want to say is, the hotel itself is spot on (except for the cooking facilities) but the location might not be the best depending on what you are going away for. Young couples/gangs wanting the McDonalds and the Neon will probably not like the location. Families or older couples looking for something a bit quieter will love it."

• Travel date: Fri 29th of July 2005

First Class Holiday

Good

"We stayed here late May early june and a really good time. We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment which was cleaned 6 times a week to a really good standard. The pool area and pool was cleaned every day. The dolphin club with Terri and Laura was really well run and my 3 children loved it. It is a bit of a treck into Laganas town centre especially with 2 small children in buggies as there is only pavement for half of the way. It takes around 25 mins to walk into town. The best restaurants we found was the Palataki which is a 2 minute walk from the hotel and Paradise which my 3 children loved as the waiters made a real fuss of them. We would definately recommend this hotel and hope to go back there again sometime."

• Travel date: Wed 29th of June 2005

great apts in quiet location

"the apts are excellent for the price ideal for familys wanting a quiet location the only setback is it is about 30 mins from beach and the roads are dangerous when walking a taxi will cost you about 6 euros the eating out is pretty good the nearer the beach you are the goods in the shops are cheaper"

• Travel date: Fri 17th of June 2005

Great start to Zante

Good

"Me, my wife Nicola and our 5 year old boy Conner visisted the Oscar hotel in zante in late october 2004.
On arrival we had a couple of problems with the toilet in our room and was very worried we had booked a disaster holiday! However when we contacted staff they put things right and we had a fantastic holiday after that.

The hotel is basic but very clean and friendly and as it was our first time abroard we did not know what to expect - we enjoyed every minute and would like to return one day.

The whole area was perefect and we had 2 meals at "Paradise" just down the road which was run by a american and his family and the food and service was first class !

Mark, Nicola and Conner"

• Travel date: Sat 1st of January 2005

top holiday

"me my g/f just come back from zante her first holiday she loved it the staff at oscar are spot on people if your going to oscar barman demitris is top bloke give us lift to airport on last day and invited me to go stay with him in athens at his home"

• Travel date: Thu 10th of June 2004

Home from home

"stayed at the oscar on 2 occasions . on the second stay requested the same room as it had a wonderful view of swimming pool this was not a problem, they rememberd us and treated us like one of the family when we arrived. The clenlines and helpful and friendly staff made our holiday one of the most enjoyable i have ever had . I would recomened this hotel to anyone looking for a relaxed and friendly holiday destination."

• Travel date: Sun 4th of April 2004

Top Class

"This will be our fourth year at the Oscar, everyone involved at the Hotel becomes your friend. All the staff make you feel at home and will do anything to helpyour holiday be one to remember. Costas and Nicoletta are the perfect hosts and are always there with a smile on their faces. Demitri and Nikos keep up the good work. Any new cocktails to try this year."

• Travel date: Wed 17th of March 2004

Really love the Oscar Hotel

"I have been to the Oscar several times and really enjoyed my stay everytime I have been there. Costa's & Nicoletta the owner's of the hotel are really nice & sincere & they will do eveything in their power to make your stay at the hotel enjoyable. The standard of hygiene in the hotel is very good, and the staff are friendly and helpfull, and Dimetrious the barman is a good laugh once you get to know him( he makes a really good cocktail if your that way enclined), the entertainment provided in the bar is not to bad either. All in all I would recommend the Oscar Hotel for a really nice and relaxing holiday for all the family. If you do decide to go to the Oscar please take some time to go and see Aristoteles Workshop which is just up on the main road the road from the Oscar, he does olive wood carving's and he also stock's a lot of really good quality leather work ie.
belts,sandals,wallet's and hanbags, it is really worth a look I'm sure you will not be dissapointed. The whole island is beautiful and really worth a visit, if you have any questions please drop me an e-mail as I'm only to glad to help. Happy hol's, John Dalziel"

• Travel date: Tue 14th of October 2003

great place

"My friend and I stayed at the Oscar last year self catering, enjoyed it so much we are going again this year. The owners and everyone of their staff were very friendly and helpful, we could not fault the accomodation, basic but adequate and cleaned daily. The evening entertainment was brilliant."

• Travel date: Sat 9th of August 2003

Bring your own towels!!!!

"hotel did not live up to the standard described in direct holidays brochure. Room was sparsely furnished, with no air con. A fan could be hired for 15 euros per week. rooms with air con were charged 7 euros per day. Bathroom was small. towels only changed once a week and they were of very poor standard. room cleaned every day but our block was not cleaned properly(cleaner took 4 mins). other blocks were cleaned to a good standard. bed linen changed once a week. Pool area small and when hotel full space is a premium not to mention noisy!! Breakfast was very very poor-- soft cornflakes, oats and warm milk. toast left out from 8am. diluting orange juice and jam--insulting. Staff were friendly but be prepared to pay up for everything especially if you have flown in on a night time flight. You pay for a night in advance so if you arrive at 8am mon morn you have paid for sun nights accomodation therefore must pay for an extra night at the end of you holiday (we would have had to vacate uour room 12md on sun -flight home not to 9am mon morn-- had to pay for extra night) overall not a good standard of hotel and standard greartly exaggerated in brochures."

• Travel date: Fri 1st of August 2003

Don't go here

"We stayed at this hotel and there are positives but there are many negatives. On our arrival reception asked for our passports and they said we should get them on the second day. However, they keep your passports and don't give them back until the end of your holiday. This is not for safety reasons it is so that they can use them against you and bribe you to pay for damage that you haven't done. They accused by friends of firstly breaking 3 glasses then losing 3 glasses and then when my friends insisted on showing them the 3 glasses they suddenly 'reappeared'. In other words they were taking every opportunity to take our money. We had to pay 45 euros for having henna on the sheets.. There was hardly any henna and could have easily been washed off. The security guard is know as peter the prick.. Because he is. He has no manners and is not friendly at all. He shouts at you at every opportunity. They accused us of taking boys home when the boys were already staying at the hotel! He even pinned a boy up against the wall when he entered the hotel. On the third night we were told to pack our bags and leave yet because we had pre drinks on the balcony with music and when we asked to speak to the manager no manager was available. We found out that 3 other groups were threatened to also get out and a group of girls were kicked out the night before their last day and had to pay for a room to stay in. However the food is cheap and nice and the pool is fine. The overall apartment is nice and decent to stay for a holiday. They also have a bus to the beach every hour until 3 o clock which is free. However our reps we never saw ever!! So we had to do everything ourselves and when we asked reception what time our transfers were to go to the airport they didn't have a clue. A taxi to the strip is 6 euros which was fine to split between us but I advise you not to walk.. The walk is around 30-50 minutes it is the last but one hotel from the strip literally. Overall I Would have preferred to spend an extra 50 pounds for a closer and better hotel. I advise no one to go here unless your a family after August."

• Travel date: Mon 4th of August 2014

first class

"Just returned from the oscar where my wife, son and his partner and grandson spent the week. I must say we were made most welcome and was very well looked after, nothing was to much trouble and were very helpful. The hotel is very clean and the rooms wew perfect. the mini bus was available and even took us when we wanted to go to the beach and arranged a time for pick up if we required it. Hire car was arranged through the hotel and they showed us places of interest on the map. the hotel is at the start of the main strip but far enough away from the noise of the night clubs etc. Very good during the day but not for family's at night. I would recommend the oscar without a second thought as we throughly enjoyed the stay."

• Travel date: Fri 16th of September 2011

Hotels near Oscar Hotel

Stayed at Oscar Hotel? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Oscar Hotel

• d lindley by d lindley

"good for all ages especially younger generation 18 to 30 "

• d lindley by d lindley

"paradise restaurant cameo island kerri lighthouse "

• angelsG by angelsG

"Its amazing. young people all love it. "

• hellenic96 by hellenic96

"Greek and not overly commercial "

• Ian_Kershaw by Ian_Kershaw

"The secret of tastes, and Dennis Taverna on the way to Keri is not to be missed! "

• louisendarren by louisendarren

"palataki, steakhouse, heavens kitchen "

• MelanieBell by MelanieBell

"Take a nice soft pair of walking shoes if you like the beach as it is a good walk. "

• MelanieBell by MelanieBell

"My favourite restaurant was right outside the Oscar, or the Sirocco nearer the beach. "

• doris/norris by doris/norris

"The mermaids calamaki excellent food "

• Maggie Flo by Maggie Flo

"Sorrocos Restaurant on the strip, recommend Jeep Safari to see whole island and get some bargains "

• Alice harding by Alice harding

"the turtle seeing boat 10euro for an hour. well worth it. "

• libbi1 by libbi1

"get to Bonanza resturant one word EXCELLENT!!!!!! "

• kayleigh.kay by kayleigh.kay

"this is the best place to go to, if you love to drink and party lol it was amazing "

• kayleigh.kay by kayleigh.kay

"i loved everywhere, i recommened everything "

• delboy by delboy

"visit the main strip during the day and beach, boat trips to see the turtles "

• stoner69 by stoner69

"LAGANAS TOWN WAS FAB - BUT WOULD GO TO CLOSER HOTEL IF YOUR A CLUBBER!!!! "

• stoner69 by stoner69

"RESCUES - HEROS - 1ST STOP - BARCODE "

• Charlotte M by Charlotte M

"Leave the hotel whenever possible "

• pete/marg by pete/marg

"Sirocco restaurant, great food,, the sea trip and jeep safari. brilliant "

• laurenbby_1 by laurenbby_1

"Laganas has AMAZIN nightlife, would definately go back "

Oscar Hotel is also called