Louis Zante Beach

On Laganas bay, Laganas 290 92 Greece

Good

Amazing even foe a really fussy person

"What a fantastic place!!! Beautifully kept hotel in a brilliant location suitable for any one! Hotel comprises of several detached bungalow style blocks, which was surprisingly good, with paved walkways between each through the beautiful grounds. Hotel staff bend over backwards to help you. Restaurant serves up a good selection of traditional greek and food from all other nationalitys. Pool smallish but with the sort of beach that this hotel has got just meters away, you dont need to worry. Free loungers by the pool and beach bar. You do have to pay for loungers on the beach, £5 per day for 2 loungers and an umbrella, but it is well worth the money as the beach is fantastic. Sand is golden and clean and water, well where do i start, the water is as warm as the carribbean and a crystal clear turquoise. no tide, so the water is calm and safe for children as it is verry shallow for a long way out.
We saw some of the famous turtles by pedalo which i would 100% reccomend as it was amazing.
Hotel is just a 10 min walk along the beach to te main strip in laganas if you are into the bars and clubs or the hotels own animation team are fantastic providing amazing entertainment.
All in all a perfect hotel in a fantastic location.
I am very fussy about hotels and holidays, and i would definately give this hotel a 4*+
Normally ready to go home when the week has finished but had to be dragged onto the bus otherwise i would have stayed there forever!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cant wait to go back!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 25th of July 2006

Good points and bad points

"We arrived on the 8th June and out hotel room was just outside off reception, rooms were cleaned every day and sheets/towels changed. No complaints there.

During the day at the pool area there is water aerobic, water volleyball, beach football so its good for the men if they get bored whilst the women sunbathe.

I personally did not enjoy the food we booked All Inclusive and we ate out 3 nites out of 7.
Dont get me wrong the food was ok but all meats were on the bone which I do not like as I am quite fussy but my husband who eats anything didnt rate the food much either.

The views onto the beach are gorgeous and the water is crystal clear and if you cant get a bed in the hotel its only 8 euro for 2 sunbeds on the beach. There are sandwhiches and snacks available at the beachbar throughout the day if you are hungry.

There is wine and beer on tap and drinks galore which is great, only downside is it does mention that they bar is open till 1am and most nites the bar staff were closing up at 11.45pm, so make sure you stock up in drinks before they leave.

There was not much activities in the evening for adults apart from bingo and really you would need to be 80 and over to want to play this. Most of the entertainment was aimed at children which is great as Im sure it give adults time on their own

Overall we enjoyed our holidays but please take mosquito spray as someone mentioned previously they were eaten alive I was the same. If you eat out I would recommed Spaghettimania which is only 5 minutes walk from the main entrance and try out the place that sells the 2 1/2 pund burger challenge the food in there is lovely.

On a whole I enjoyed my holiday and we did meet 2 great couples which made our holiday better, i wouldnt rule coming back to this hotel but maybe in a few years if i had a family."

• Travel date: Thu 22nd of June 2006

A relaxing, no frills holiday

"Just got back from spending half term week at the Louis Zante Beach with my husband and 9 year old son. We booked through First Choice and used their Premium service for the flight - excellent and well worth the extra money, even if it was just to miss the queues at check-in!

The hotel itself - the hotel is slightly basic for a 4 star in that it looks a bit tired and need of an update. Its very, very clean - the room was cleaned daily and the sheets and towels were changed daily. We had a first floor room with a sea view and balcony, with a fridge, hairdryer and TV. The food was OK, I wouldn't want it for 2 weeks, by the end of the week I thought it was like upmarket school dinners! The pool was a waste of time - too small for the amount of guests, only about 60 sunbeds, people seemed to get up at about 6.30 to put their towels out. We went to the beach instead, which was the real selling point of the hotel - right in front of the hotel gardens, clean, golden sand, very gently sloping so very safe for kids. The sunbeds on the beach are 4 Euros each, including an umbrella, well worth the money as it meant we could get to the beach at 10 and still be the first ones there - perfect if you don't want to be fighting for a sunbed!

The hotel hires out towels which you can change every day, so don't bother taking your own beach towels.
The evening entertainment wasn't great, and I was very disappointed in the kids club - OK for 4 - 6 year olds but boring for any older kids.
The staff are helpful and friendly.
In all, it was value for money but in future, I would pay a little bit extra and book an Iberostar hotel - same concept of family hotel but better quality.

PS - If you book a late checkout with your travel company, make sure that you check with the hotel when you arrive - we didn't and had a row with them on the day of depature. Luckily, the excellent First Choice rep, Anna, was on hand and sorted it out for us."

• Travel date: Tue 6th of June 2006

Great Holiday!

Good

"Just returned from a weeks all inclusive stay at the Louis Zante Beach. FANTASTIC. This hotel is spotlessly clean and the staff are friendly and very helpful. However, the best bit is the food, never hit or miss, just fantastic every day. Allways hot, fresh and plenty of choice.
This hotel is right on the beach front, where we spent most afternoons. The sea is crystal clear and shallow, which is great for the children. Much nicer than being round the pool all day.

The room was cleaned every day, which we tested to the limit as we brought most of the beach back most days. Every morning we would return to find a spotless room.

A 15/20 minute walk along the beach takes you to Laganas, which we did a couple of mornings. Nice 'seasidey' town. All locals friendly and helpfull. Especially the two guys running the turtle spotting trips - Brilliant!

All in all we really enjoyed our week and can't wait to go back. I would love to see where anyone who hadn't enjoyed this hotel had spent there holidays in the past!!"

• Travel date: Sun 4th of June 2006

good holiday

Good

"Have just returned after a week at the Louis, all in all a good holiday.

Room - quite basic but very clean and good room service daily, we had a seaview which had a large balcony unfortunatly we had a ground floor room, and we had a nightly ritual of smacking the ants with a flip flop! also there is longish green grass before the sea and I'm sure this contributed to the *88* Mosi bites my hubby and I received (sad to count them but I never get bitten and could not believe the amount we got.

Pools - Main pool really nice got a little busy and temperture too warm for me by midday, bearing mind this was the week before half term, I wouldn't relish the idea of the pool in the summer holidays.
The kids pool was ok for our 4yo son, but we have been spoilt in previous years of huge kids pools with fountains etc and this was just the size of a large paddling pool in your back garden and also got very busy, hence we decided to spend most of our day at the beach 10 euro charge for 3 sunbeds and brolly.

Beach - really lovely you could walk 100yards and its still to your knees, great for my son. you can take the 2hr boat trip to see the turtles and caves (very nice).

Food - some days excellent other days not so good, it was a bit hit and miss, I think lunch time was better when they didn't have to cater for so many, again toward the end of our week, when numbers were increasing the breakfast became so busy, waiting for eggs and cups for the coffee machine, but overall good food and some of the flambe's were lovely. a real downer for me was the lack of fresh fruit, other hotels normally have fresh melon on tap, didn't see any, just tinned peaches and pinapple, however salads were great.

Entertainment - Full on all day, kids club great, reps really happy and friendly and fairly good shows in the evening and mini disco for the kids.

Overall good holiday, glad it was only a week though and not at peak time."

• Travel date: Mon 29th of May 2006

Great Hotel

"We could not fault this hotel at all even though looking slightly old now it was very clean and everything worked. The staff were excellent and went out of their way to help. The food was always of a high standard with a good variety to choose from including many traditional dishes. There was also a selection especially for the children. The hotel is at the quieter end of the beach but a 15 min walk along the sand and you are in the heart of Laganas with all it's bars and restaurants. The pool although cool was always spotless and well maintained. The only downside was the evening entertainment, great for the kids but the adult shows were worse than watching paint dry, they were without doubt the worse thing we have ever seen, that said it would not stop us going back again. We would recommend anyone, especially families, looking for a good all round holiday venue to use this hotel."

• Travel date: Mon 15th of May 2006

trip to zante beach hotel on our 10th anniversary in october 2005

"Me and my wife had visited this hotel the first time.
It was excellent right on the beach and close to all ameneties.the staff is very friendly and the bar is allways well stocked.i would reccomend this hotel to anyone.The only little hicup was we had a little earthquake on our wedding anniversary but nothing to worry about its normal there."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of January 2006

Louis Zante Beach Hotel is a wonderful place to stay

"We stayed at the Louis Zante Beach Hotel for a week all Inclusive, having never done the all Inclusive before we were a little apprehensive as you hear such bad reports, I can tell you though it was fantastic,the food was excellent all day long. I honestly don't know how the kitchen staff at this hotel copes with the quantity and yet still retains the quality, we went during the October school holidays and took our two teenage sons, we never had to wait for food or que even though the hotel was busy. The staff were all friendly and very helpful!! and the hotel was spotlessly clean,I can tell you I am very fussy about cleanliness and the quality of my food. I think the only cloud that blotted our stay was the fact that because the Island was preparing to close for the winter at the end of our week, all the clubs etc was closed in Laganas and our teenage sons had looked forward to partying,( maybe travel agents should advise this) but because they socialised with other teenagers staying in the hotel this wasn't a disaster. I would reccommend this hotel to families and couple's alike we had a lovely week.The weather was hot and sunny we actually swam in the sea it was so warm, and we just relaxed. "WELL DONE ALL THE STAFF" of the Louis Zante Beach Hotel we'll definately be back."

• Travel date: Thu 17th of November 2005

Putting the record straight.

"To any members who have read the review about the Zante Beach from a fellow member in Whitchurch,Shropshire do not be deterred about visiting this hotel.It is situated close to all amenities on an extremely long sandy beach,serving excellent food with friendly staff.I think this review pertains to the Louis Hotels located at Vassilikos-of which there are a group of three-which is a different part of the Island and is more remote.Perhaps our friend over indulged at the all inclusive bar and therefore forgot where he/she actually stayed.As you might guess I thoroughly recommend a stay at Zante Beach,having spent two holidays a year there for the past four years and returning again next Spring."

• Travel date: Wed 19th of October 2005

hated the flies

"having read previous reviews on the louis zante we were disappointed when we arrived, the hotel was ok, the food was ok, the staff were quite friendly, but the flies were horrendous, dont know if it the time of year but every meal was with the company of many flies, the same at night even with mosi plugs. The beach was ok. to the left was lovely, but towards laganas town to the right was very blackpool like, lots of people and lots of smoking, so if you suffer from asthma as i do, dont come here. Rooms very basic but clean, we paid for sea view which we got but also got very unattractive view over top of dining room which spoilt it. Animation team was very good. Hotel seemed very basic and un-welcoming, again with no non-smoking areas except in part of the dining room, beside myself who cannot tolerate smoke, the other members of our party found this to be very oppresive and uncomfortable. Also beware of booking trips in town, we booked for a cruise around the island to see the shipwreck and blue caves etc, we waited at the gate and no one arrived to collect us, we reported this to the company involved and they arranged for us to go the next day, guess what, same again, so i wouldnt recommend booking unless via travel rep, who although more expensive, at least you get to see the sights, which we didnt! We will not be returning!"

• Travel date: Tue 18th of October 2005

mostly good

Good

"Just returned from louis zante beach hotel rooms kept clean also the hotel in general was kept clean food was ok but could of been hotter and more choice gents are required to wear long trousers at evening meal i counted 6 guys who had long trousers one was my husband so this made a joke of the request from hotel evening entertainment for children was good but for adults was very very poor even the bingo wasnt cash bingo after all who wants a bottle of bubbly when your allinclusive or a tshirt with animation team on it "

• Travel date: Thu 1st of September 2011

Holiday

"The staff are so helpful. The rooms and hotel is clean all of the time. Food is Excellent. Very child friendly. Entertaiment-kids entertainment was good and there were activities going on throught the day and then the entertaiment at night was great. "

• Travel date: Fri 3rd of September 2010

Hotels near Louis Zante Beach

Stayed at Louis Zante Beach? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Louis Zante Beach

• LINDAW123 by LINDAW123

"In one word BRILLIANT. would go back anyday "

• LINDAW123 by LINDAW123

"Boat trip round island "

• Karen by Karen

"Great location, family friendly and nice beach. "

• dixi43123 by dixi43123

"water park is a must "

• Tanya Lorraine by Tanya Lorraine

"the best thing to do..is go see the Turtles, the day trip around the island was abit too much.. "

• reboad by reboad

"turtle island , but go around the back as theres caves there and a secluded beach "

• black_bunny by black_bunny

"The beach is lovely. Walk along the beach front past Langas town about 3/4hr. "

Louis Zante Beach is also called