Good

What an absolute stunner of a holiday. T...

Reviewed Mon 13th of August 2007

"What an absolute stunner of a holiday. There's no place like the Gioie de Mare. Got to be one of the friendliest hotels ever! George the hotel manager has to be one of the best guys you'd want and Stam at night is just as good. Lets everyone have fun and even joined in making everyone welcome and always cracking jokes and dishing out the drinks. Stam is the same at night with his extra Stam large drinks that he tended to make.

The pool was always very clean and although the rooms were basic they were cleaned daily by the cleaners. Spiros the security is funny as well, he cant speak a word of english and is only really there to make sure that nothing out of hand doesn't go on. He found some things hilarious as long as nothing went too far.

Laganas itself is a top night out with Cocktails and Dreams being the pick of the bunch in my opinion of the bars. We did the booze cruise which was excellent, was well worth it. All in all a top holiday and I would definitely go back and definitely to the Gioie de Mare as it was so friendly. Literally the hotel went out as a group. 10/10"

• Travel date: Mon 13th of August 2007

I can't stress enough, do not go to this...

Reviewed Mon 25th of June 2007

"I can't stress enough, do not go to this hotel. I have no idea how anyone can stay in this hotel unless you’re in a permanent drunken coma.

I and my partner made the mistake of booking a cheap holiday and it really was the holiday from hell. We were due to spend one week there but had to leave because the hotel was filthy.

The room was dirty but the worse thing was the bed and the sheets...they were covered in human hair and stains ranging from blood to other bodily fluids. It made us feel sick.

Also the room was infested with mosquitoes and no amount of repellent would get rid of them and we were covered in bites.

We had wires from the wall we had cracks in the bathroom, a filthy fridge, and a chair that disintegrated.

The rep's were unhelpful and rude and I felt the staff at the hotel couldn’t be bothered either.

I cannot stress how bad this hotel was. If you have hygiene standards please do not go to this place. Pay extra and get yourself something decent...this was the pits."

• Travel date: Mon 25th of June 2007

Well first of all you can't really fault...

Reviewed Wed 25th of October 2006

"Well first of all you can't really fault this hotel at all-honestly! If you want a top holiday in Laganas this is the place to be. The hotel has ideal location-you can't possibly get lost just look for the MacDonald’s sign!

Its a clean, tidy and well-maintained hotel, it is basic but you don't want anything fancy if all your going to be doing is putting your slap on and laying your head down at night. Its brill for the girls as you don’t have to crawl too fair with no shoes on from the clubs. We were really lucky as we got the best room in the new block-perfect view of the fit men having a drink at the hotel bar.

Laganas itself was brill, the only downside was that because we were half way down the strip we tended to go in the same club every night. If you go to Laganas make sure you ask where the best places to eat i.e. the blue sea because there is some vial places to eat."

• Travel date: Wed 25th of October 2006

We stayed at the Gioie for a week and lo...

Reviewed Sun 3rd of September 2006

"We stayed at the Gioie for a week and loved every minute of it! Our room was basic but was always cleaned no matter what state it was in. Stan the night barman was a legend and would go out of his way to make sure that everything was ok.

Great hotel and fantastic location. We could roll out of rescues almost straight into our hotel!! Hope to go back next year for 2 weeks!

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of September 2006

This hotel was very friendly and is made...

Reviewed Sat 26th of August 2006

"This hotel was very friendly and is made by the day and night managers. The hotel has two main buildings, one old and one new. Although I was situated in the old building the room was very clean, and had all the things you might need. But, if you are looking to book at this hotel I would ask to be situated in the new building because it has more room and a bigger balcony.

The managers are the nicest people you will ever meet and try and accommodate your every need. They will hold to pool open longer in the night if a pool party is on the cards and allow you to listen and watch what you want with the use of their widescreen TV and great sound system.

The location of the hotel could not be any better, you are set just off the main strip of clubs and bars. So you are able to just stumble down to your room in the early hours of the morning. One thing I will say is that there is no point in going out much before one o'clock because everywhere is pretty dead before then, so just chill out by the pool bar for drinking games with everyone from your hotel."

• Travel date: Sat 26th of August 2006

Right, this hotel had both its good poin...

Good
Reviewed Tue 6th of December 2005

"Right, this hotel had both its good points and its bad points. Ill start off by getting the bad point out of the way. Its really basic. The room I was in was just one room with en suite bathroom and two balconies. The bathroom was also really basic, the toilet leaked slightly and it was hard to use the shower without getting the whole bathroom soaking.

The next bad point was the breakfast. Don’t get out of bed for it especially. I had it twice as I was up early for a day trip. The tea was nice (pg tips) which you would ordinarily pay approx. 2-3 euros for. Also the coffee wasn’t bad. The rest was a bit naff. There was bread, margarine (which was awful) cornflakes and cream cheese, as well as some bowls of brown and white stuff. I didn’t try these as the food was buffet style and was right next to the open door, meaning lots of flies! So basically if your up have the tea, otherwise don’t bother! Right now the good points.

The room was immaculate when we got there. It was then cleaned, and beds were made at the same time every day! And she didn’t just clean around your stuff she picks it up and cleans under it! She even puts your things in appropriate places. I came in to find all of my cosmetics in order and all my medicines etc had been put in the medicine cabinet! Next George the manager is wicked, he is really funny and willing to help with everything.

The bar is great, it is really cheap, snacks are served until midnight, basically hotdogs and cheese toasties. Toasties are lush but never tried the hot dogs. The best thing about this hotel has to be the location. You are literally in the centre of everything! You are right on the strip, without it being to noisy. And its about a 2 minute walk to the beach. You also right opposite MacDonalds!!!!! So all in all this is a really nice hotel, perfect for all the young ones out there who just want something basic, as well as for the older people who want to be somewhere lively. Its great!

• Travel date: Tue 6th of December 2005