Good

brilliant

Reviewed Thu 12th of September 2013

"fab team at hotel, best bar in town,clean and spacious rooms,best pool on island.10 out of 10 for everything. been to Kalamaki about 12 times stayed in cronulla last twice,wouldn't go anywhere else now,cant wait for next year. "

• Travel date: Wed 11th of September 2013

Wonderful Place (staff, resort and hotel alike)

Reviewed Thu 14th of February 2013

"With my family, I have stayed at numerous places across Greece and Spain. I am aware of what is available and what is reasonable value. I have been to Kalamaki 4 times now and up to this year, we have stayed at the Vanessa Hotel in Kalamaki (booked direct) due to the fact it has great family rooms for what was my younger kids. This said, its facilities are limited and we found ourselves using the pool and snack bar at the Cronulla just about every day. 2012 - for the first time we booked direct and stayed at the Cronulla and the kids had their own room.
The accommodation rooms are large and I am surprised they have not put 4 beds in some of these rooms for family options as they are plenty big enough but not so (they have 3 beds). The beds and towels are charged every 2 days (far more than is necessary) and the rooms are kept nice and clean by their staff. Don't bother with imagining their kitchen self catering facilities will be adequate to do anything more than heat a can of soup on the single portable hot-plate supplied (no bother for me - I don't go on holiday to struggle cooking!). In any case, their snack bar is reasonably priced (2.50EU for a toastie).
Their room price for peak season is 259 euros/wk for 2 persons and includes several breakfast options incl a full English. A safe is 2 euro/day and air-con is 6 euro/day but both are discounted for a week or more - and the air-con is excellent.
The snack bar and pub bar are well staffed by very friendly people together with the family owners. Nice food, great prices for Kalamaki (2.5 Euro for a pint of the decent local Mythos beer).
The pool is probably the best in the Kalamaki resort - the water is clean and properly maintained, and the sun-beds/umbrellas are free (optional cushions for the sun beds are a 2 euro but buying lilo's locally for EU 5.00 is a cheaper option!).
In all my visits to the Greek islands, I have not found a better deal. Forget the all inclusive rubbish the holiday companies are currently pushing, get on a flight (search sky scanner for availability), and book direct with this place - you'll not regret it.
The beach is a 15 min walk - fabulous although there are restrictions on ramming your own umbrellas in to the sand due to turtle eggs being present.
Kalamaki has the perfect balance of restaurants and pubs for my family needs. If you're single and want to make a lot of noise and annoy other people, just don't stay in Kalamaki - go about 4 miles up the road to Laganas which is full of drunk teenagers on the pull and has all night clubs that provide the medium for their antics.

I am booked to return in August this year (2013)
By the way, that dumb photo ('El' something I cannot read) is NOT of this hotel. Not sure which fool decided to upload it!

Room Tip: If you have kids, ask for a ground floor room as a hop over the balcony to reach the pool is great..."

• Travel date: Mon 11th of February 2013

FAB

Reviewed Mon 10th of October 2011

"our first saty at this hotel, if your looking for fantastic you have just found it. Nothing is to much for them, the rooms are clean and comfy, you want great food try the snack bar, the pool is awesome, first visit abroad for our grandson, and they bent over backwards to make sure he was ok,

Would we book here again, already have, same rooms, the onlt fault we found was having to leave.

Big thanks to Stelios & Dia, Roby, Tom, Jimmy and all your wonderfull staff

Mick,Janine,Kyle,Sapphire and Lucas, oh Dia lucas sends all his love and will see you next year when he can talk xx "

• Travel date: Mon 10th of October 2011

Great Place

Reviewed Thu 14th of July 2011

"I have been to Zante many times and this place is one of the best you can have pool/staff/rooms are all frist class I booked on line with Cronulla so easy to do will do again a nice place as a base and staff very helpful with info on where ,what and how to get there roll on next year"

• Travel date: Sun 10th of July 2011

fantastic!

Reviewed Fri 3rd of June 2011

"My family have been raving about the Cronulla for years, so decided to join them for a week.
We were greeted by Roby at reception and Dia herself with hugs as she loves my family for staying there every year for over 5 years! Was quickly given keys to my room and shown the way.
All rooms are fairly basic in greece, and the room was big and very clean, fresh towels and linen every day.
The pool is big and clean, and no fighting for sunbeds!
Breakfast is lovely and always hot and a great choice to choose from.
All staff, tommy, jimmy, suzanne, steve, dia, roby and especially marella are incredibly helpful and friendly.
Will definitely be going back next year!"

• Travel date: Wed 1st of June 2011

August 2010

Reviewed Mon 27th of September 2010

"I stayed there for the first time in August. As it was just me and my daughter as worried about the hotel, although not about Kalamaki.

The booking process went ahead perfectly with Roby and check in was fine. I paid the balance and the air-con and safe.

The room was big, which was great. There was a kettle, fridge and a one hob electric thingy. There was table and chairs to eat but to be honest I booked self-catering for the space - never cooked. The balcony was big too - overlooking the pool, great for people watching

As we had a 6am return flight I was worried about taxis at 4am, but Sophie ordered it and assured me it would be there - and it was.

Bathroom was ample - although no shower curtain which wasn't a problem. Plenty of hot water, clean towels and sheets. And the quietest cleaners I have ever heard in the morning - or not in this case.

Another huge plus was the pace of the hotel. We weren't getting down for breakfast til around 10 am. There was no getting up to nab a sunbed (first time ever for us). It was such a shock to be able to get a bed at anytime of the day. The hotel was full, a fairly large group of young Germans - but they made entertainment in the pool by way of human pryamids - my daughter loved it. Even at night I never heard any noise either from the bar or the main strip.

Breakfasts were fab too. Dia in her element in the mornings It was just sooooo relaxed, no breakfast times, grab a bed etc.

The bar is great place too. Jimmy, Thom and Suzanne all do their best to make you feel welcome. As Annie would go on the pc for 1/2 before dinner, I found sitting at the bar that I was made to feel very comfortable with Suzanne keeping the G&T's flowing.

I have always stayed at another hotel in all the years I've been going to Kalamaki, but not anymore. I would recommend the Cronulla to anyone who would listen

• Travel date: Thu 23rd of September 2010

We have been going to zante since 1999 a...

Reviewed Fri 20th of June 2008

"We have been going to zante since 1999 and this year we stayed at the cronulla. It was wonderful. The family who own and run it are the nicest people you could ever meet.Tom's a bit of a plonker but you can just ignore him. The rooms are very clean and you will always meet old friends at the bar because a lot of people go back year after year. We did miss Ellie this year (she as finished) good luck to her and her family.Thank you all at cronulla see you very soon. [email protected]"

• Travel date: Fri 20th of June 2008

stayed here in may 2008,the whole holida...

Reviewed Sun 15th of June 2008

"stayed here in may 2008,the whole holiday was fantastic mostly due to the family and staff of this hotel, the rooms were exceptionaly clean, and big ,always hot water, and towels and sheets changed every other day, always someone on reception,and everything you asked was immediatly dealt with and thanks to Robbie for calling us a cab when we went home, we were met by Dia and Steve at reception when we arrived, Tommy and Jimmy made evenings great fun,the pool is cleaned thoroughly EVERY night ,have been to Kalamaki 4 times before ,went in to the bar every night but thought it was a hotel not appartments, until we found out last year and then booked to stay here the booking through the website was very easy and Robbie is great for communicating with, will be going back next year and will only stay here now."

• Travel date: Sun 15th of June 2008

This is the second time we have stayed a...

Reviewed Sun 1st of June 2008

"This is the second time we have stayed at the hotel and can honestly say i have never been to better!!!!! the hotel rooms are very nice as they have just been refurbished and have everything you need.The pool is brilliant,it certainly kept my 2 children entertained.The hotel is situated close to plenty of restaurants and bars which is a good range for all ages.A big thank you to steve,dia,robbie,jimmy,suzanne and tom for making us feel like 1 of the family.see you all soon "

• Travel date: Sun 1st of June 2008

Very nice resort, weather was brilliant....

Good
Reviewed Wed 24th of October 2007

"Very nice resort, weather was brilliant. Very close to bars and restaurants, has some fantastic meals.

The hotel was very good but basic especially the kitchen. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

Only real problems were the airport noise, as this was very close. At night, there was a lot of noise along the main road which ran past the hotel and air conditioning was expensive - 40 euros for one week (which did drown out some of the outside noise).

On the whole Zante is highly recommended for a visit and would definitley go back to the Cornulla Apartments."

• Travel date: Wed 24th of October 2007

This was the first time I had been on ho...

Reviewed Mon 10th of September 2007

"This was the first time I had been on holiday as a single parent and after being in the Cronulla complex for about 5 minutes, all my worries had completely gone. From the moment we walked into the hotel we where met by welcoming smiles by Dia and Stephen and looked after from there on for the next two weeks by them and their family. We also met some lovely people whom many had been to the Cronulla many times before.

The accommodation was basic but clean and all you needed, as there are so many lovely places to eat out, and at a reasonable price too. There are also a large variety of bars in Kalamaki to choose from. Some where you can just chill out and have a quiet chat, or others where you can have a dance or maybe enjoy some karaoke. Whatever your choice it's there, but it isn't over bearing, and feels safe for children and not as boisterous as the nearby Laganas.

There was only one bar for us though, and that was our brilliant pool side bar at the Cronulla Hotel. With its large screen TV’s to watch special events and the internet cafe at hand; it is certainly keeping up with the times! Tom, Jimmy and Suzanne the bar staff were heaps of fun and made every night more enjoyable and entertaining than the last, and made our holiday!

Cronulla is ideal for children as they have such a large pool area to play in, and when they get bored of that there are other activities to keep them amused in the games room and in the bar area.

Kalamaki has everything to offer for a relaxing enjoyable holiday, including a stunning sandy beach with stretching shallow waters, also ideal for kids.

I would recommend the Cronulla to any person, and will definitely be returning as soon as possible.

• Travel date: Mon 10th of September 2007

We stayed for 2 weeks with a large party...

Reviewed Mon 20th of August 2007

"We stayed for 2 weeks with a large party of 17 people, whose ages ranged from 12 to 80. I found it to be a lovely family run hotel, very fairly priced, clean and friendly.

During our stay a family emergency called for 7 members of our party to return home immediately. The staff at the Cronulla could not have been more compassionate and helpful, arranging taxis and flights.

I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel especially with the lovely Dia as a host and aided by her charming family. We'd also like to pass on our thanks to the wonderful Ellie, if ever a waitress could could light up a room with a smile, she could! She was so courteous and friendly, she really did take care of us.

If I was forced to make a criticism of this hotel, then the only comment I would make is that it's a bit too hot by the pool table and the internet area!!!"

• Travel date: Mon 20th of August 2007

Hotels near Cronulla Hotel

Top traveller tips for Cronulla Hotel

• faye by faye

"pedalo out to see the turtles, heavens kitchen, michaelos, and red tail cocktail bar "

• 19mick47 by 19mick47

" ask the staff what the best places to vist "

• dca860 by dca860

"Save money by NOT takeing Euros with you, but using the numerous cash dispenser in Kalamaki (elect to withdraw in Euros, not £) "

Cronulla Hotel is also called