Bitzaro Palace Hotel

Booked last minute with travel republic,...

Reviewed Mon 16th of October 2006

"Booked last minute with travel republic, flights were with My Travel, no problems there we were early both on outward and return journey, first time we have flown with them and would definitely recommend them as a very efficient and friendly airline.

The hotel was in our rating 10 out of 10, friendly, very clean, good location 5 min to strip, 10 mins to beach, very good food and spotlessly clean, in fact faultless.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for a nice restful holiday, it was close to airport but the flights weren’t intrusive and we enjoyed the plane spotting and they had no night flights."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of October 2006

fantastic hotel

Reviewed Mon 26th of November 2012

"after reading the last review I was a little worried, but I need'nt have been, the room was spotless with sheets & towels changed every other day, we had access to rooms any time we liked, we were half board and the food was delicious, I dont like the english type breakfasts when abroad so stuck to Greek Yoghurts with fresh fuit & honey, then the continental, my Hubby had the bacon beans, etc, and we had no complaints whatsoever. we had planned to eat out a couple of times but the food was so good we didnt, I would definately reccomend this Hotel, and I believe they are refurbishing it, although I think it is great as it is, if I returned to Kalamaki I would definately stay in the Bitzaro Palace with no hesitation,"

• Travel date: Sat 14th of October 2006

We had a pool view room which was comfor...

Reviewed Tue 10th of October 2006

"We had a pool view room which was comfortable - air conditioning was great. Staff were fantastic and have been at the hotel for years.

We spoke to couples who have been returning year after year - we may be returning in 2007. Beach isn't white sand tropical type, but we found it clean, plenty of sun beds and warm clean sea. Resort had a few karaoke bars if that’s your scene, but we preferred to find a quiet bar for a cocktail and a beer.

Food at the hotel is 5 star - you can't go wrong with this hotel."

• Travel date: Tue 10th of October 2006

Clean with a LOW BUDGET FEEL! No AC during the day:(

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"I usually use tripadvisor as a basis for booking my rooms and usually it is right on the mark.

This time I was a bit disappointed.

If you are an American, you may find this hotel to be a cozier version of a holiday Inn. However, all the hotels appeared to be of the same caliber. In general I wouldn't recommend Kalamaki unless your idea of the Greek Islands is a cheesy chain type strip mall with low budget hotels on par with "spring break" type atmosphere.

For what it was, the Bitzaro was very nice with clean rooms and a friendly staff. However, we booked a room with a King and had two single beds pushed together. Also the Air con isn't available all day. They only give access to the rooms between midnight and 7am... so don't plan on taking a siesta out of the sun in your room to cool off. The food was pretty bad no matter what the other reviews tell you. Especially the breakfast...... now you know why its free. It was very processed version of an Engligh Breakfast with Bumble Bees flying all over the food.

The nicest part was the pool!! Beautiful anf Clean even though they open it late and close early. You could sit there all day and really enjoy yourself.

The beach was average... not the type you would imagine with crystal aqua waters. There was a ton of debris floating in the first 5 feet or so as you entered the water... I didn't bother going back.
St Nicholas beach was beautiful but a mad house of people. The guide books say its a hidden underdeveloped area but I think they need updating bc they were swarming with people and you sit right on top of each other.

There werent many places to eat that looked romantic and traditional... Try Mikaelos just near the main road... they have great food at a good price. Have the stuffed Tomato and Peppers.... Very good.. but they put Feta in them (in case your a vegan) Milos on the strip has a nice lamb chop and Fun deserts.... And lastly, Zakantha on the strip looks beautiful with greek music and dancers but the food was gross. I got the pasta with seafood and the seafood was all from a can and processed! TERRIBLE

All in all we will never go back to this area again. We spent the week before in Kefallonia and it was outrageous! Don't bother with Kalamaki unless you are on a cheapo charter tour from England!"

• Travel date: Thu 24th of August 2006

Happy and friendly

Reviewed Sat 3rd of November 2012

"bitzaro palace hotel in zante greece is a very friendly place to spend a holiday .we arrived from the airport and on entering the reception desk were greeted by a warm and smiley face our room was on the first floor with a pool view this was very good as our daughter is disabled and she enjoys looking out. on entering the dinner lounge we were met by a good team of waiters and waitress.We were looked after very well all week .excellent cleaning of our room clean towels every day . we would recommend this hotel to our friends and will be returning our selfs. food is very good with a good selection for everyone. pool was excellently looked after and was always cleaned every night ,plenty of sunbeds to go round well positioned and cleaned every day .Pool side snack bar was very good and reasonably priced."

• Travel date: Tue 8th of August 2006

Good Hotel on a beautiful Island!

Good
Reviewed Tue 20th of November 2012

"My Boyfriend and i stayed in the bitzaro palace hotel in kalamaki on the 8th July for 2 weeks and had a wonderful time.

The hotel is in a perfect location, about a five minute walk to the beach and about a 10 minute walk in the opposite direction to the main strip with shops, bars and restraunts.

The hotel is much smaller than anything we every stayed in but i see this as a positive point because that means the pool area is never too busy!

The rooms are kept very clean, cleaned every day and the sheets and towels are changed every other day. The bathroom is quite small but it has all the nessecities including a hairdryer. On the island you cant flush your toilet paper you have to place it in the bin beside the toilet but this isnt as bad as you may think.

No complaints about the food at all, always a lovely selection esp the salad!! there is so much to choose from. The staff are so friendly and always smiling.

The pool area was always clean and even in the high season it wasnt hard to get a sun lounger. The hotel also has a garden section where you can lie on a sun lounger too. The pool has lilos for everyone to use. One thing about the pool it is very deep, you only have to walk a couple of meters to be out of your depth but there is a small kids pool.

The beach is also very clean and the sea is so beautiful and clear but the beach closes at around 6pm so the turtles can lay there eggs, there is people patroling the beach all night to make sure you dont go on.

The islands sometimes get tremours but these are very small and normal. We had two on our visit lasting less than 5 seconds each.

As the airport is so close to the hotel a few planes fly by and are quite loud but you get used to it and they dont fly over at night.

We recommend you to go on a glass bottom boat to see the turtles, alternativly hire a pedlo and you might get a chance to swim with them. we also recommend a trip to the water park, its a good day out.

to book your excursions use the travel people on the strip, its much cheaper than your tour operator prices and they run you to the places in a car rather than shoving you on a bus!

If you go there, Enjoy your holiday! we did!"

• Travel date: Tue 1st of August 2006

What a nightmare, don’t get me wrong t...

Reviewed Sun 16th of July 2006

"What a nightmare, don’t get me wrong the hotel was beautiful and the staff very helpful, but that’s as far as it goes, the beach is a good half a mile from the hotel not 100 metres and it is stinking, its stinking because I don’t think it has ever been cleaned, that’s because of the turtles, the resort itself is nothing, very little live entertainment in fact zero, just one long road with pubs and shops which I found pathetic.

This is the reason I hired a car, what an experience its a nightmare, you have young kids riding around on these quad bikes doing wheelies its a nightmare, kids on scooters also bombing it down the road, its a miracle that nobody was killed when I was there, I will never go back there not for all the tea in china, the airport is also a nightmare no system whatsoever, when I got back to Cardiff me and thirty other people were told that our luggage was not put on the plane and the captain was aware of this, it took three days for my luggage to turn up.

Never again, I suggest that anyone out there who is contemplating going to Kalamaki or Zante for that matter, seriously thing again, before you go through what I had to endure."

• Travel date: Sun 16th of July 2006

Charming Hotel on a beautiful Island

Reviewed Mon 29th of October 2012

"This was our first trip to Greece and we had been warned in advance that hotels were a little more basic in Greece than other Mediterranean resorts. However this could not have been further from the truth.

The Bitzaro Palace is one of the nicest hotels we have stayed in.

The Hotel itself is well laid out, spacious and spotlessly clean.

The staff were so friendly and welcoming, it was like meeting old friends.

We stayed on half board basis, the buffet breakfast was plentiful with a great selection of continental or cooked foods, tea / coffee, juices etc

The lunchtime snack bar was great and the food reasonably priced and again a good selection - burgers, pizzas, hot dogs, omelettes etc and great salads.

The four course evening meal was, in our opinion fantastic, the selection was great - at least four main course choices each evening and a BBQ every Saturday night. Drinks were again reasonably priced with a good selection of wine, which could be corked for the following evening.

Rooms were equipped with TV’s, tea / coffee making facilities, air conditioning, safes and a fridge with small freezer compartment.

The pool was a decent size and there were plenty of sun loungers around the pool or in the shadier garden areas.

The only disruption to the peace and tranquillity of the hotel was the occasional plane landing or taking off, as previous reviews have said, this lasts less than a minute and at most we saw 7 planes landing one day.

Overall, we thoroughly enjoyed our first visit to Greece, Zakynthos is beautiful island and staying in the Bitzaro Palace was the icing on the cake."

• Travel date: Mon 12th of June 2006

Excellent friendly hotel, situated ten m...

Good
Reviewed Mon 17th of April 2006

"Excellent friendly hotel, situated ten minute walk from the beach. Rooms were spotless and cleaned daily.

Good air con system in each room. Hotel grounds pool and interior were also very clean, modern and well maintained. Food was good with nice variety however the local restaurants are cheap and worth a visit. Hotel was situated down a dirt track type of road which was safe, yet I would not go along it myself.

Kalamaki is a good resort and we saw very few lager louts!! Unlike neighbouring Laganas!!!!! Avoid it if you hate Blackpool. You won't be disappointed here... the staff are a joy!"

• Travel date: Mon 17th of April 2006