Perfect for British people. My boyfriend...

Reviewed Sat 7th of July 2007

"Perfect for British people. My boyfriend and I, from Holland, enjoyed our holiday nevertheless.

The beach may be a two-minute walk away from the apartment but you can't really call it a beach. More like a strip of sand on which only a handful of people can stay. The better beaches are to the south. Try Zorro Beach: you will need a cab (about € 15).

The pool at the apartment is not very big but big enough and very nice.

Overall friendly staff, very nice piece of Greece and lots of restaurants."

• Travel date: Sat 7th of July 2007

wonderful week

Reviewed Mon 19th of November 2012

"Returned yesterday evening after a wonderful week at the Windmill Studios. I had never heard of Argassi until I began looking for accomodation close to Zante town due to the fact that I had always wanted to see Shipwreck Beach. The accomodation was excellent and far superior to our expectations.
I travelled with my mum and we were pleased with the mixed age ranges of the people at the Windmill. We were met at the end of the road by Jenny who took our cases to the apartments. The reception area is cool and clean with lovely staff at all times. Julian will keep you smiling at the pool bar and give him a tip to help feed his donkey! Our room had 3 single beds and plenty of wardrobe and draw space. Constant hot water and good air-conditioning which we needed at night due to a heat-wave which was even slowing some of the locals down. Beautiful pool, plenty sunloungers and wonderful views from the balcony. Food and drink good and cheap. Plenty trips on offer from local firms. All we can say is "Thank you verrrry much" in Denis's accent. We are joining the ranks of the people who return each year, which speaks for itself.
Yammas Trisha and Eileen"

• Travel date: Thu 21st of June 2007

The Windmill was in perfect location for...

Reviewed Sun 10th of June 2007

"The Windmill was in perfect location for me and my boyfriend, it was out first holiday together, and I would definitely recommend it to all couples.

The resort its self was quite busy and there was plenty to do for all ages.

The beach was a 2 second walk room the apartment and many water sports to choose from (would definitely recommend the rings). The night life is great in Argassi which is only a 10 minute taxi ride away!

There are plenty bars and restaurants to choose from with a lot of variety!

Aircon at the windmill is essential but quite expensive!

Overall a great holiday!"

• Travel date: Sun 10th of June 2007

fantastic place

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"we stopped at the windmill studios at argassi in zante there was 7 of us that went and it was fab. The hotel was clean, so friendley and had an excellent greek night. The pool never seemed too busy and we had loads of fun in it. Julian was wicked lots of fun and knew how to do cocktails the children thought he was cool. we had a wicked holiday and loved zante we would all go back. thank you for a wonderful holiday."

• Travel date: Tue 5th of June 2007

Second visit to the Windmill. Ideal loc...

Reviewed Tue 6th of March 2007

"Second visit to the Windmill. Ideal location for families with younger children and only short walking distance to all amenities, restaurants and bars.

Staff at the Windmill always friendly. First Choice rep we had for first week was a let down by not introducing himself, but the lady who took over was lovely.

Will be back to Argassi in the not too distant future. It’s great!"

• Travel date: Tue 6th of March 2007

Booked for one week, but stayed for two.

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"My wife and i along with our 10 year old granddoughter have just returned from a 2 week stay at the windmill studios.

We originally booked for one week but enjoyed it so much that on our day of departure i went to reception and asked to extend our stay, with which i was met with a positive responce in that there was no problem.

Argassi on the whole is very small, has no beach to speake of which is a bit of a shame, but we had some lovely days round the pool( which is very clean )at the windmill.

I must say that the service at the windmill is 1st class, nothing is a problem to any of the staff, every one is so helpfull and friendly, the rooms are are a bit on the small side but they are very comfy and cleaned every day, unlike some others weve stayed in.

The studios are situated just off the main road, yet you still cannot hear any traffic, they are a short and pleasent walk to all the watering holes, try the( RED LION) and restourants, oh try Molly Malones the irish bar, you can sit and have a wonderfull pint of ice cold Magners, if thats your tipple, while the kids enjoy a game of crazy golf.

I could go on and on but i won't bore you, what you need to do is try it yourself, you wont be dissapointed, we had such a good time that we will be paying a return visit next june(07) to celebrate my 50th.

Go on give it a go.

Highly recommended.

C u there. YAMMASS.

The Powell familey. (South Shields)"

• Travel date: Thu 26th of October 2006

Me and 12 others stayed in windmill stud...

Reviewed Mon 16th of October 2006

"Me and 12 others stayed in windmill studios, and we all had the same opinion on the hotel.

We all really enjoyed our stay.

As the staff were all very polite and the hotel was very clean. Well worth a visit."

• Travel date: Mon 16th of October 2006

So good last year, going again this August 2006!

Reviewed Tue 6th of November 2012

"8 of us holidayed at the Windmill Studios last year, all varying ages. We had a fantastic time and found the reception we received to be first class! Location of the studios is perfect ,being off the main road but with easy access to all amenities. Jenny and Dennis and family gave us a warm welcome and even came to meet us from the coach to take our luggage to our rooms. All the staff are wonderful and gave us a super holiday. The absence of a sandy beach was missed by the children but we easily found others to visit. Local restaurants are fab and the food at the studios is excellent too, especially on Greek evening! Studios very clean, light and airy and in a perfect spot for the pool. We found them to be equipped well and kept in excellent order. The pool is very clean and seems to be maintained every evening as well as sunbeds washed down and poolside cleaned. My daughter and I are making a return visit this August and taking another female friend, I feel totally safe to go back there in an all female party, I know we shall have a great time."

• Travel date: Sun 6th of August 2006

Not bad but basic

Reviewed Sun 9th of December 2012

"My wife and I recently went to Argassi with her sister. Accomodation was allocated on arrival and we were placed in the Windmill Studios, also known as the Windmill Hotel. This is NOT on the seafront so I think it must be different to the Windmill Bay Aparthotel. It is located at one end of the main street through Argassi, about 5 minutes walk from the nearest bars and restaurants and is set back from the road so is pretty quiet.

The room was fairly basic with only the bare minimum for a self catering apartment. As long as you're not planning to actually cook anything it will be fine for most people. The room was just about big enough for three adults.

There is a nice pool with a bar that does drinks and snacks and they also have regular entertainment in the evenings. There are also plenty of sun beds.

The staff were all really friendly and helpful.

Good points: ideal location, pool, staff
Bad points: tiled floors mean that sound travels within the building so it can be noisy in the mornings and at night, really basic room

Argassi really is a lovely town with everything within easy reach. The locals are friendly and helpful and I didn't have a bad meal all the time I was there. For food I recommend the 'Peppermint' in the side road opposite the Church and the 'Poseidon' in the middle of the main street."

• Travel date: Mon 5th of June 2006

very friendly

Reviewed Mon 19th of November 2012

"I have just returned from a weeks stay at the Windmill Studios, the studios them selves were basic but clean and airy. I had a quiet room at the back with views towards the hills and also the sea. Everyone was very friendly, all the staff spoke good english and the receptionists were helpfull. Jenny the owner was lovely she was there everyday, I had aproblem with my shower and she came and mended it herself! Hows that for service!
The food at the snack bar was good and there was plenty of choice on the menu. There were a couple of supermarkets close by and also Taveners and restaurants within a few minutes walk. Great location. I would not hesitate to go back again, and would recommend it."

• Travel date: Fri 12th of May 2006