About Ionian Hill Hotel

Good

Tricky... I'll start with we loved it. B...

Reviewed Fri 4th of July 2008

"Tricky... I'll start with we loved it. But it's not for everyone.

Pros: Fantastic views, quiet location, quiet pool area and ample sunbeds (in fact we had the pool to ourselves for a few days) picturesque building, friendly staff, clean rooms and complex in general. Air conditioning is good (6 Euros per night)

Cons: On the very outskirts of the resort centre (Argassi), 69 steps up from road if on foot (but you can drive right up to the front door), in our case we had a water leak in bathroom (but hey it’s only water and the floor has a drain, very basic bathroom and dated/grubby bathroom cabinet.

We had the misfortune of an accident on our 2nd day (yes it was a motorbike) The staff were very helpful, we even had the attention of 2 doctors to treat our wounds the next night, I believe they were friends/relatives of the staff. We needed taxis from then on, no problem getting them booked by the staff and they arrive within minutes. Argassi centre is walkable (20 mins) but the road into the centre has few footpaths and has a couple of tricky bends. A taxi will set you back 5 Euros.

We had a budget holiday so I expect we had the very basic accommodation, yet it was still an enjoyable stay. My first impressions were a bit mixed but once we had been there a few hours they soon turned positive, even with the accident. As I say we managed with injuries, but I wouldn’t recommend it to a family with young children or the elderly without either transportation or the money for taxis.

• Travel date: Fri 4th of July 2008