Good

Mrs Christina McGee

Reviewed 26th August 2018

"I have been here on several occasion and feel each time like I am coming home. Accommodation is basic but more than adequate. The rooms are cleaned every day with sheet changes every second day. The pool is small but there was never a problem in having a sunbed. The Cilo next door allowed you to use their pool and sunbeds and it was perfect for food as well as drinks. The view is amazing and the beach is just a few minutes walk away. It is very peaceful and friendly. Finally, Eleni and her beautiful family. I found a real friend and spending time with her was always the highlight of my holiday. I miss her each day. She can't do enough for you and any problems she deals with quickly. Sadly due to circumstances, I don't know when I can go back, but this place will always be in my heart."

• Travel date: 1st May 2018

Zante Forever

Reviewed 10th February 2015

"Roulla apartments would have to be one of the best places I've ever stayed in. The service is second to none the apartments are perfectly laid out the scenery is amazing and the hosts well what can I say you'll have to come and stay and I'm sure you'll be coming back every year cause we certainly are... Thank you Eleni Roulla and Efi and of course cannot forget Saki for an amazing summer see you next year... love Dimi, Nicki and Arya"

• Travel date: 9th February 2015

Fabulous care and accommodation at Roula and Efi Apartments

Reviewed 20th August 2013

"This is our 10 year at the Roula and Efi apartments and it feels like we have come home again. Elaine, Roula and Efi are more beautiful each year and Zaki is always so welcoming. Apartments are very clean, well equip, comfortable and views amazing. Elaine is our family and we have watched the girls grow to be beautiful women. Our holiday is always better than you can image because it is so perfect."

• Travel date: 17th August 2013

Lovely location and accomodation

Reviewed 14th September 2012

"Stayed at the Roulla apartments 6-13 September in room 12. All the reviews are accurate. Eleni is a very lovely lady, very kind and helpful. Our studio was light, spacious and very clean. Plenty of hanging and draw space. Large mirror over a chest of drawers with a marble top, made an excellent dressing table which is a bonus in Greek studios of this standard. Bathrooms are small and a bit tired, but clean and every thing works. Will definately go again."

• Travel date: 14th September 2012

Wonderful

Reviewed 18th August 2010

"We recently went here on holiday for 2 weeks, first time here and on the island and had a wonderful time! The apartments were lovely and in a lovely quiet setting away from the main town. Eleni was lovely and couldn't do more for you! She was great! Town only about 5/10 mins away maximum. Really nice town with everything you need in it! Would also recommend if you want some traditional greek food called Gyros then Paolos corner across the salt flats, near the Astoria Hotel, is the place to go! Food was lovely! Very lovely island with plenty to do and would recommend getting a car to see every corner of the island! Very enjoyable holiday, definatley going again and would recommend the island to anyone!"

• Travel date: 17th August 2010

brillant may 2010

Reviewed 22nd October 2010

" we first visted roulla ten years ago with only 6 studios i hurt my knee and had to have exray .eleni done every thing for me, and going back she has not changed one bit she is a loverly lady and she cares about everything if you need anything you only have to ask 10 out10 for rooms clean every day we will be going back.family are loverly eleni is there all day and most evenings .always greets you with a big smile. senta is only a small walk away very good places to eat beach 10 mins away enjoy if you have booked .if not get booking."

• Travel date: 15th June 2010

We loved this place

Reviewed 1st February 2010

"I first visited Alykes in 1997 and it hasn't changed that much over the past few years. We had a fantastic holiday in Alykes in 2009 so much so we have booked to return in 2010. Eleni is the most welcoming hostess we've ever had and in comparision to some other apartments we have stayed in Greece these are to a good standard. You can't wish for a better beach than the one in Alykes and we like the fact it is lined with some great beach bars and tavernas. For a moderately quiet resort there is plenty to do, although whilst there you've got to hire a car to discover Zante. Bring on June. "

• Travel date: 29th January 2010

tranquil, traditional and friendly

Reviewed 18th January 2010

"I love these apartments so much I have been staying there for several years. I have stayed in other accomodation in Alykes, but nothing meets the standard of the Roulla. A family run complex, nothing is too much trouble (even with screaming kids in tow). The rooms are the cleanest I have stayed in in Greece and comfortable. Peaceful at night...all you here is the crickets and the odd low cheer of "yamas". Eleni (owner) and her family are exceptionally attentive to their guests. The village caters for all tastes, pockets and cultures. Small but friendly and the bar and resturant owners never forget you. For fast good quality food with a great variety for kids "relax" is best...althougha little noisy due to its crossroads location. For an intimate meal for 2 on the beach try Antilikos. The beach is perfect with shallow waters and plenty of tavernas and sunbeds. Palm tree is good to sit by. Would reccommend this resort to everyone."

• Travel date: 16th January 2010

Good, but only 'average' accomodation

Good
Reviewed 9th September 2009

"We had two apartments at Roulla as we were a family of five. Elena was a great hostess and very friendly. The pool and appartments were clean and regularly 'refreshed'. Our plan on a holiday is to eat out - this was just as well because the equipment level in the appartments is very poor. We were only provided with a toaster after a week and the number of utensils was very poor indeed. In addition, I was charged Euro20 for use of the safety deposit box, which I thought was way over the top. Alykes is Ok but a bit too busy for us - we hired a car for 2 weeks and the north of the island is less spoilt. The local supermarkets have no fresh meat and the nearest butcher requires use of a car or public transport. All in all,if you are planning to eat in then these apartments are only average. Elena would appear to have a very loyal following with people returning year after year. I hope that this review gives a more balanced opinion of the accommodation and the resort."

• Travel date: 7th September 2009

Roula Apartments, Alykes

Reviewed 14th July 2009

"I stayed at Roula last month and it was 'heaven!' Set in a quiet location, about 20 mins walk from the beach and centre, with breathtaking views of the wonderful, green mountains. Extremely clean and comfortable apartments (I was very lucky - a single traveller who had a room with a double bed and single bed in it, very spacious) Eleni, the owner is a very friendly, kind hearted person who would sit and pass the time September!!! MAGICAL!!"

• Travel date: 14th July 2009

Excellent

Reviewed 8th July 2009

"Excellent studios in a lovely location and spotlessly clean too. We had no complaints whatsover. Eleni who runs the apartments is wonderful, nothing is too much trouble. Alykes is nice but was on the quiet side, probably because of the credit crunch. Best taverna by far was To Paradosiako, the food, service and atmosphere were all excellent and reasonably priced too. Also worth a mention was Ponderosa, a very good taverna. Whispers was a good bar to go in after a meal, especially if you are over 35. Beach was very good and only about 8 mins walk away."

• Travel date: 7th July 2009

This was such a wonderful and relaxing h...

Reviewed 20th June 2008

"This was such a wonderful and relaxing holiday which far exceeded expectations. Alyces is a lovely, friendly and fairly quiet resort but with a good selection of bars and restaurants. The beach is probably the best in Zante. Eleni who runs the Roula apartments was fantastic - smiling all the time and nothing was ever too much trouble. We were made very welcome. The accommodation was simple but extremely clean. The pool area was great and the views of the mountains superb. Roula is located next to other accommodation where there's a small restaurant and a couple of other pool areas. It's about 10 minutes walk to the beach. We'll definitely be going back again soon! "

• Travel date: 20th June 2008

Hotels near Roula Studios

Top traveller tips for Roula Studios

• by Fabfi99

"Be friendly and enjoy the relaxing atmosphere"

• by hodgetts

"There is no bar at Roulla but the Clio hotel just a few strides away are happy to let you take your drinks to the pool at Roulla, they also ..."

• by smokie

"dont wait get booking"

• by ljkerr

"One of the best beaches I've been to in Greece. The people in Alykes are really friendly and helpful"

• by mandifuters

"a real holiday away from it all"

• by nick3892

"Three restaurants in order of quality - 1) Paradosiako 2) Anatolikos and 3) Asteria "

• by Wagstaff88

"To Paradosiako, an excellent taverna"

Roula Studios is also called