Nope dont go!

Reviewed 10 months ago

"Upon arrival we were told that we were given a beautiful room and asked if we wanted air conditioning in the room. That was € 7, - per day extra so € 70, - for our 10-day stay. We were not allowed to decide later because they would than put us in a less beautiful room. So we took the air conditioning. Room was not super special, there was a small kitchen but that only had 1 glass to drink. room was also not really clean! There was still a lot of sand on the ground and I found a dead cockroach under the couch. The toilet smelled and there was only a half toilet roll of the previous people no extra rolls .. The days after was also not cleaned properly, no bleech in the toilet, the toilet smelled so bad that I woke up in the night once.. I saw them washing dishes at the neighbors but our dishes have been there the whole holiday. Our shower well did not flow through. We think that the 80,000 mosquitoes came from there that terrorized us at night.
At the end of our holiday we asked if they could order a taxi for us that would take us to the airport the next day. We already had to pay the fixed price of € 28, -. The next morning, some uncle came in a rusted, rotten box, with a tear all over the windshield and acid stained sweat-stained upholstery to pick us up. NO WE DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL. And people talk about good service, they are making you look stupid by pretending to be high served"

• Travel date: Wed 1st of August 2018

Terrible

Reviewed Fri 8th of July 2016

"The food is absolutely disgusting no starters choice of two meals no deserts only water melon every night. Room needs updating very smelly from the sewage. Staff are lovely complex good lovely pool., But not luxury .. plenty of restaurants in area serving lovely food we had to eat out paid for half board but didn't receive my money's worth. I had read other reviews about this hotel but thought people were being a bit picky,wished I had taken more notice "

• Travel date: Sun 3rd of July 2016

I put them a clear zero!!!!

Reviewed Wed 19th of November 2014

"Our rooms was dirty and with lizards, Our sheets never changed and the towels the same,the owner was very very rude, the breakfast was a disappointment. the pool smells ugly and the facilities also. The worst experience in my life it was awful. "

• Travel date: Wed 19th of November 2014

MY LETSOS HOLIDAY

Reviewed Mon 30th of June 2014

"Just got back from my hols at the Letsos in Alykanas Sante and don't know why people are bad mouthing the hotel my wife and I found the hotel very clean and tidy the people there very polite and helpful the rooms cleaned regularly the food at the pool bar was very good and Denis, and Nico sand the e lovely maria were always up for a laugh.the restaurants were clean the staff very friendly and the food excellent if you want a good full English go to cute corner restaurant and Sunday roast but book a table as it gets busy beach is just five minutes from hotel and the shops just outside the hotel on main road all in all we had a great time at the Letsos hotel so to all those people who gave it a bad review I suggest if you want five star treatment from your holiday you pay for it and stop moaning as far as my wife and I are concerned it is a big up for the Letsos Hotel and thanks for making our stay so enjoyable and hope to see you again next year Ray&Lynne Jones Wales."

• Travel date: Sat 28th of June 2014

Letsos Hotel forget apartments they dont count

Reviewed Thu 15th of August 2013

"I stayed at the Letsos Hotel for a week. We arrived early in the morning and grateful when the manager/owner presented us with the key for our room. normally check in is from about 10am and we arrived around 8.30am.
Things appeared to go downhill from then onwards. Dont get me wrong the swimming pool is fantastic and the location is superb 5 mins away from the beach and shops etc.

At the Check in desk the owner informs us you have to pay an additional charge of 50 euro for air conditioning, He then advised if we wanted a safe we wold have to pay 15 Euros. He gave us no information about check out times or any of the facilities etc. Because me and my partner and two girls were tired from the journey we just wanted to put our bags down. Got to the room the room was in a fair condition. Bearing in mind I have teenage daughter and a 7 year old the put two single beds and a double bed in one room. in the next room was a good size with nothing in it except a table and some chairs, a small sink an electric ring cooker . A few plates , glasses and very basic cutlery and a fridge.

From reading some of the other reviews we appeared to have got off lightly. We tried the breakfast that was the first and last meal we had their, Just as well we were self catering. The orange juice was not fresh it was some sort of dilute drink. continental that was a joke, a few boiled eggs , something that looked and tasted like spam and a few cereals.
The next day we noticed the room was not cleaned, towels and bedsheets not changed. Thought ok maybe they do this every other day. the second day still no one came. i sent my partner to find out what was happening we were told it would be done the following day. The following day the towels were replaced but the dirty ones were left on the balcony were we had left them to dry. The bins had not been emptied. In the end we had to go and ask for towels each day , empty our own bins. We were in room no 1 right across the road from the Jasmin bar. Music went on for most of the night. then you had to listen to drunk people screaming and arguing.

The stairs leading up to the apartment was metal, then the roof terrace leading to the door way was pitch black in the night. With two large steps one down and then up to the doorway. God knows how no one did not trip there.

We were informed by other residents that a kettle would be an additional 20 euros.
We had a early morning flight . We were greeted by the cleaner for the first time on the last day pointing to her wrist and talking in her language. Since no one has given us any information and having not ever seen a cleaner during the stay we had no idea what time check out was. I went down to reception and was told yes you should be out at 12pm . I explained that our flight was at 6.00am and the tour bus would not be collecting us until 2.30am. They informed me I could leave our luggage in reception and we could use the toilet in the reception area.

Luckily we met a lovely couple from Durham who were staying in the hotel side of the complex. There room was fantastic plush bathroom with a proper shower unlike ours with no shower curtain. It was apparent that the guest staying in the hotel were treated much better even though complained that they also had to speak to the staff about the changing of towels and sheets etc before it started to take place.

The other thing I couldn't understand is why even the Letsos hotel could not take a card payment you would have take your bill to the supermarket. Even some of the local restaurants and souvenir shops you had to do the same.

IF YOU HAVE A FAMILY WITH YOUNG CHILDREN THIS HOTEL IS NOT FOR YOU. THE STAFF ARE FRIENDLY BUT THE MANAGER IS JUST INTERESTED IN MAKING MONEY!!"

• Travel date: Wed 14th of August 2013

stay away!!!!

Reviewed Tue 21st of August 2012

"I've read everything that i wanted to write in the bad reviews of the rest of the people!!!but you also have to be careful at the supermarket!!!!!!!besides the fact that is sooooo expensive they will find a way to steal more money from you!!!by giving you less change or charging you more staff than the ones you had!!!THE MOST DISGUSTING PEOPLE EVER!!!!!i was thinking that if i was a member of this family I would probably have committed suicide out of shame!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 21st of August 2012

very noisy

Reviewed Mon 22nd of August 2011

"stayed at the letsos for 2 weeks 7/7/11but had to come home after 1 week as the noise from the jammin and dna bars was horrendous. we were in room 9 above the pool bar the noise went on every night till at least 4 am every night and then we had to put up with shouting till 5/6am.it was absolutely awful.the accomodation was ok but had to pay 100 euros for air con.To be fair to the hotel the staff were pleasant and helpful and we got clean towels every other day.room 9 is definitely not for a family.this room should be advertised with a noise warning"

• Travel date: Fri 19th of August 2011

Dont be put off by the Letsos

Reviewed Wed 22nd of September 2010

"Having just returned from the Letsos Hotel I feel that due to the reports I had read prior to going it is necessary to put my honest findings down.

Firstly, we booked a 1 bdroomed apartment, it had a seperate bedroom with a double bed and in the living area it had 2 single beds....wow! Normally you find 2 make shift beds from sofas so we were very impressed.

It was a good size, we had 2 balconies and we were in the annex just down from the hotel and we overlooked the Bonkers Bar and pool.

Having been to Greece for the past 20 years I can say that the apartment was way above average from what I have had previously.

We had a bath, and the shower was great with some power to it and always hot (something that I havent always had when in Greece.)

The public areas of the hotel are very nice and modern, reception area nice and the pool was clean. All the moaning bout slippery tiles does make me chuckle, it happens when kids are splashing and running around a pool, you just either have to be careful when walking around or train your children properly!

Theres an English Lady whom works every year at the reception whom was very helpful and we found the Greek workers very nice, think it is basics, you treat them with respect and you will get it back.

For the location of the Letsos you cannot beat it, the beach is 3 minutes walk away and you are in a central area for the bars and tavernas.

We found the road quite noisy at times with the transfer and day trip coaches going into the Alykanas Village and Alykanas Beach complexs just down from it, but have to say it didnt really bother us. At night the horses and carts were entertaining to watch going by.

For the money we paid for the room 11 nights @ 237.00 for all 4 of us we couldnt fault it.

Having said that we were glad we had booked the apartment in the annex and not over the main public area as with the well frequented bar and pool area it would have been too much for us.

Please dont be put off by this hotel, it really is great value for money and we managed to cook many breakfasts and meals with the cooking facilites we had, although having said that we found to eat out was really cheap, although if you are big drinkers thats were it will hit your wallet most.

The small shop round the corner from the entrance which sells all the lilos etc was cheaper than the main supermarket and the local wine in litre plastic bottles at 2.30euros each were wonderful.

We hired a boat from the beach for the day at 65euros and this was the a great find, we were able to potter about the coast line finding small bays and coves for us to stop when we wanted.

If you love a good clean base and great location the Letsos is for you

• Travel date: Sun 19th of September 2010

Disgusting!

Reviewed Wed 1st of September 2010

"I have just come back from this place after a family holiday.
Where do i start.....
from the outside it looks ok but the standard of the room that me and my family ( husband and two children under 10 years)we were given a basic room that resembled something out of faulty towers.
The kitchen area consists of a dirty two ring stove, a sink and a kettle that didnt switch off. The cultery was rusty. To cook with we got a massive stew pot and a single cup milk pan...not that i was going to chance cooking on it!! and the fire extinguisher was also empty.

The bathroom was ok. Had fixtures but no fittings, everything was broken off.

The downstairs double bed had indentation marks it was that old and the furniture i refused to put our clothes in so we lived out of our suitcases.

The stairway upstairs is narrow and unsuitable for young children.

The stairs lead upto another worn double bed (that was broken!) and a wardrobe. The lighting was provided by random wires dangling from the ceiling !

The airconditioning was 50 euros for the week and we ended up sleeping 3 in a bed downstairs as it didnt blow upstairs.

The swimming pool is a death trap for young and old as it appears to have ?slippy tiles..whilst we were there one child broke their wrist.

As our flight was the early hours we asked what facilities were available for ourselves and our suitcases as we were told that we had to vacate the room at 12pm. The ?owner at the reception shouted that we leave them in reception and we were told by his daughter that they have a toilet that we could use for the 17 hours between vacating the room and the tour operator picking us up!!! We asked for an extention on the room and he became annoyed and shouted 80 euros and when we refused he shouted 'special rate 60 euros!.

I was not prepared to be treated like this so we booked into the Alykanas Beach down the road who only charged us 100 euros for 1 full day and a late checkout before our early morning flight. The rooms and facilities were stunning and the staff friendly and very helpful and understanding"

• Travel date: Mon 30th of August 2010

Big Mistake.

Reviewed Fri 7th of August 2009

"A person with a key to the room stole my wedding ring on 06/07/09. This was on one of the days the cleaner came round. It was our honeymoon. The ring was a family heirloom.
When we arrived at the Letsos they didn’t know we were coming, didn’t know we were self catering and didn’t have a room ready for us. The same applied to other people we arrived with. We were told air conditioning would be 100 euros.
We didn’t have a fridge that worked for the first three days. We reported it each day on the third day the proprietor became very aggressive and started telling us we were lying, that we hadn’t reported it earlier.
The toilet started to leak leaving slippery water all over the bathroom floor. When we reported this the proprietor he waved his hand in ours faces and said ‘go away, too busy’. A young lady was at the reception at this time trying to check in with her tickets, the proprietor also told her to go away as he was busy.
One lunch time when we were on the balcony a cleaner threw a bucket of cleaning fluid on us from the balcony above. There was a pipe from the floors above which emptied onto our balcony making it awash with water one day whilst we were on it.
The room had cables with insulating tape on them sticking out of the walls. There were no bulbs in about half of the lights. We had a T.V. which didn’t work.
Only one ring on the cooker worked. The replacement was the same. This again took three to four days to arrive.
We had no pans, one plate, no corkscrew, bottle opener or tin opener. No chopping board. No plug for the sink and no mat for the wet, slippy bathroom floor.
We’ve been to Greece many times but have never come across anything this extreme before. Do not stay at this Hotel. It’s a total disgrace.

• Travel date: Wed 5th of August 2009

An adequate hotel in a excellent relaxing location

Reviewed Wed 17th of October 2012

"Alykanas is a great little town, loads of great restaurants at really cheap prices. Not a place to go if looking for lively night life with only a few bars in the village. Think Laganas is the place to go on zakynthos for nightlife and this is about 20 mins away in taxi.

The accommodation itself is basic, advertised as self catering but our cooker could not be used and the fridge wasnt very cold, but with eating out prices so cheap it doesnt really matter. Paid 50 euro for air con on arrival but we had a room which was on the bottom floor so we didnt need it, i would advise spending a while in the room and see if air con is need and if then pay for it.
The beach is only a 5min walk but is very small and we just spent most of our time at the hotel pool. The pool at the hotel is of a good size and has a shallow end for kids which slopes down to a depth of shoulder height.
Go on the day trip to shipwreck cove. Get to see most of the island and on the trip we went on got stop at a little restaurant built right on the sea on the way back.

Overall an adequate hotel in a excellent relaxing location, the Alykanas Beach Aparthotel is right next door and opens out onto the beach so might be a better option for accommodation as it looks nicer from the outside anyway..."

• Travel date: Wed 13th of May 2009

Good Hotel

Reviewed Thu 15th of November 2012

"Just returned from a one week holiday at the Letsos. We found the hotel good and the staff friendly and helpful. Our room spacious and we had a nice view of the sea. The room was cleaned all but the day we arrived and the day we left. The bathroom was sufficient although the shower cubicle a little small. The lads who worked in the bar were cheerful and friendly. The pool area was clean and well maintained. The resort itself is fab, ideal for families and couples but with bars staying open late for those who wanted it. I would return to Alykanas and to the Letsos. In fact the Letsos is ideally placed for access to the shops, bars and tavernas and the beach, being only a short 5 mins walk. Can't wait to return."

• Travel date: Fri 19th of September 2008

Hotels near Hotel Letsos

Top traveller tips for Hotel Letsos

• bossdoctor by bossdoctor

"It's a nice quite place. "

• bossdoctor by bossdoctor

"Vagis is the best restaurant. "

• julesloveswine by julesloveswine

"Excellent value for money in a fab location for the beach "

• john by john

"dont take children as you will not get any sleep "

• Brenda R by Brenda R

"Include air con and other facilties in price. Or ake this informartion available to guests. Gusest should given information about check in times on arrival "

• Raymond J by Raymond J

"dont go to this hotel if you want five star treatment as it is not a five star hotel but if you use it just as a base to sleap in then you will enjoy there "

Hotel Letsos is also called