Porto Galini Seaside Resort & Spa

View from pontoon to beach

Good

good value for money , excellent staff

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"generally good accom (the new stuff is better but more expensive), the crystal staff were great , they charge top whack at the bar and the service didn't match the prices else excellent , we've been away with lots of operators including esprit and the child care was the best we've ever had . all in all worth it one hint if hiring a car book on line with nova car or one of the big ones and europcar who has links with the hotel will still deliver it to you . as for the food when you are catering on that scale it is difficult and they made the best they could do"

• Travel date: 17th August 2007

Excellent value for money!

Reviewed 21st November 2012

"Just back from a 2 week stay at this hotel. We were a party of 6 adults and 6 teenagers and there was something for everyone. The activities were all free and the instructors very patient and very good. It would be impossible to be bored during the day at this hotel as you could try tennis, yoga, cycling, water sports to name but a few. There was never any problem with getting on to your chosen activity. i.e. plenty of boats, cycles, fitness classes available. The evening entertainment needs looking at for the adults and the bar needs a few more cd's!. The teenagers were happy to sit and talk on the beach. We stopped in the new block and the room and balcony were the best we have ever had. The old block suffered with water problems i.e. none for 4 of the 14 days, not sure why but we had no problems. The games room was well equipped as was the gym with brand new equipment. The drinks prices were reasonable as were the ice creams. You did not feel as though you were being ripped off. The food was fine. Standard hotel fare but plenty of choice both at lunch time and evening and also tea and cake at 5pm! The hotel has 2 pools which were rarely crowded. There were alot of children with ear infections whilst we were there but not sure whether it was the sea or pool which was the culprit. There was no building work taking place whilst we were there. Clearly alot of work needs to be done to complete the hotel but for what we paid for the holiday it was excellent value for money and everyone had a fantastic time. We would highly recommend it."

• Travel date: 11th August 2007

awful food and plumbing problems

Reviewed 19th October 2012

"We have just returned from club Active Galini in Lefkas. There are many aspects of our stay that were enjoyable but there were too many problems to highly recommend this resort to others. The two main problems were extemely lack lustre food in the one and only restaurant and huge plumbing problems affecting our room and many of the rooms nearby. The food was so poor it was necessary to eat out at night. The lunch was no better but enough for lunchtime. There was so little choice and the food was totally uninspiring. In addition certain foods ran out towards the end of service. There was a huge problem with plumbing which left us unable to wash or flush the toilet on several days of our stay which was disgusting. At one point we were told there was a water supply problem across the whole island even though the main building water supply was completely unaffected. We were not convinced. The beach activities were excellent - new equipment and attentive tuition. The safety aspects were good - safety boats galore! The resort is being developed and the building work is unfinished. I hear that new rooms are very nice. There is a well equipped gym with good air con (when working) We were very disappointed by the food and the problems with plumbing were unpleasant. Without these problems it would have been a good place to go for a relaxing family holiday."

• Travel date: 11th August 2007

3rd Time At Galini

Reviewed 3rd November 2012

"Stayed at Galini in its days with Sunsail. So it was interesting to see what Crystal could do for us. We stayed in the old accommodation, which had changed little from its Sunsail days, but we did have better air con this time. The great thing about Crystal is all the training is free. With Sunsail you have to pay. I have added some photographs from our visit this year and some from our time with Sunsail. Hope to go back to Galini some time. Thanks to Rob and his beach team."

• Travel date: 3rd August 2007

Fab hols!

Reviewed 8th November 2012

"Club Galini, Lefkas, Greece - returned home 27th July - My family and I had a terrific holiday here for 1 week I didn't see my teenage son all week he made some good friends and they had a great time down on the beach. The Crystal team were fantastic really friendly and so helpful, it is the only holiday we have been on when my family including my husband have not been bored!!! My youngest son (age 10) had a great time in JACS club and did all the activities that were available including tennis and yoga. The hotel staff are also very nice especially restaurant staff. We were lucky and stayed in the new part of the hotel which has just been finished, still more apartments to be completed but this did not spoil our holiday one bit. I recommend if you are booking with Crystal as I did you ask if you can have a room in the new part we had a fantastic apartment with great views and a huge balcony Room 112! The only complaints I have is they could do with some entertainment in the evenings for the adults as the children are well taken care of!, and the bar needs some new music to play same CD all week long!!"

• Travel date: 3rd August 2007

The Best Holiday Everrr

Reviewed 21st November 2012

"would just like to tell everyone what an amazing holiday we had!! me and a friend both went there on seperate occasions and it was more than we could of asked for!!! the staff were always VERY friendly always willing to go the extra mile!!! food was out of this world!!! always vegetarian food and very friendly waiting staff!! goood wine which was given out liberally acitivities were well organised and the instructors definately knew whaat they were doing!! yoga was run in a very romantic settting! tennis definately made its mark on some people1 brilliant value for money!!!! anyone who doesnt book up now is a fool!! perfect for families and friends beautiful settings can not fault it one bit many thanksss"

• Travel date: 29th July 2007

Greek people are nice, Brits not so nice. Hotel nice but finishing touches.

Reviewed 3rd November 2012

"We were a family of 5, parents in 50's kids 18,14 and 12. spent one week in galini 6 July 07. We booked last minute and got a great deal and so my review is based on this. Do's and don'ts. Do expect everything to be new or refurbished, I mean everything. Don't expect it all finished. Do not let you children/teenagers vandalize the site, on a visit to the games room we dicovered that the pool cue's had been smashed and also the brackets had been kicked off the table-tennis. On enquiring with a member of the hotel a similar thing happened the previous week. I felt embarressed to be British. Your room should have a plug-in mozzie repellent, do use it. Do not brush your teeth with the water. (three members of my family knocked out for the day on different occasions) Do acknowledge the restaurant staff, they are very nice polite people doing a good job. I was suprised how many people didn't even raise there head to acknowledge the staff. A smile and a thank you cost nothing and a five euro tip won't break the bank. Don't take a case full of beach towels you can Hire them. Hire a car in Nidri it is far cheaper than at the hotel. I think thats it with do's and don'ts. So now I will tell about what I think of my holiday. Prevaza Airport is a small military airport, as you come into land across the sea, you soon realise how close the landing path is to the sea, Phew! Transfers pleasant enough 45mins, coaches a bit tatty. On arrival it is clear to see the is a lot of finishing off to do. You get the feeling the construction guys just slipped out the back door before we arrived? Reception area is new and finished to a good standard. Check-in was fast considering the numbers (3 coaches = 120ish people) Staff speak perfect english, if you want to set up a tab, they do not take maestro. The view to the mainland from the panoramic windows are beautiful. Out of reception down 1 flight of steps on the right is the Crystal Office and a small shop selling cigs, sweets, drinks etc. On the left is the All new Games room, Gym, Treatment Rooms and 5 star toilet block, again not quite finished. From here you will need to descend 2 more flights of steps (Galini has lots of steps) to reach the Bar, Restaurant and Pool ( all new, yes needs finishing) On the other side is the original area, with old pool ( still a nice pool) toilets, kids club and nursery. Bar is Clicky, same price as uk. Food. As it is full board I will try and give as much info as i can. Breakfast. choice of cereals with full fat milk. Cheese, Ham, fruit and Greek Yogurt. The English breakfast is a, make your own toast, scrambed eggs, baked beans, hash browns and sausages (hot dog type) sorry no bacon. Drinks, water based juice, tea and coffee. Lunch and evening meals are very similiar, except for drinks, lunch is water only and evenings is soft drinks (coke etc) for kids and 1/2 carafe of red or white local wine for the adults ( you aquire a taste) or you can purchase from the wine list or bring you drinks from the bar. Food is good and the variety is, but after 4-5 days it is a bit samey? Starters are bread, soup and a variety of salads ( I enjoyed the starters more than the mains) Mains are usually meat dishes in a sauce/ gravy with a good variety of veg served various ways (try thecourgettes in deep fried batter) Desserts, fruit, ice cream and blancmange (tastes like wallpaper paste, sorry but it did) I did allow the kids to go and re-choose it the didn't like there first choice (Item decribed as beefburger was more like a spicey koftas, my kids will not eat anything too unsusal) nobody stopped them doing up again or for a second helpng of the wallpaper paste! Crystal Watersports Guys aka "The Beach Monkeys".For a bunch of 18somethings, mature is the best way to discribe them, I think they worked very hard and as a novice sailor I felt comfortable in the sea with my kids, If you capsized it wasn't long before the rescue boats was on hand. They don't miss much! Finally for all you sports nuts, The Gym is brand new as is the volley ball, tennis courts and bikes. (the shortest organised bike ride is 18kilometres in 35 degree heat,) All the watersports kit, Pico's, funboats, Lazer's, Dart16 and Windsurfing gear is all new. Sailing weather, we had 3 days light winds, 2 days no wind and on thursday (regatta day) we had winds over 25 Knots which in novice terms means , in our heat only 1 out of 6 boats finished, luckily the Beach Monkeys where very well organised with 6 safety boats in the water to drag us back. I hope I didn't sound too negitive, we had a great holiday and if I got a similiar deal I would jump at it."

• Travel date: 19th July 2007

If only the weather was better!

Reviewed 6th December 2012

"Room - Really good 8.5/10 Food - OK+ 7/10 Enjoyment - Yes 9/10 * * * This is a fantastic setting and has truly been one of my most enjoyable holidays! I stayed with my partner and our daughter in room 120 (down at the left hand end of the new block). We were very wary of just how the accomodation would look due to the extremely limited information on the Crystal website that we booked through. On arrival everyone was ushered into the restaurant for lunch as we were told that the rooms would not be ready for another three hours. When we found the room! - the key-card would not open the door; this then entailed a walk all the way back to reception to be given a good old-fashioned key! Finally the key was turned and the door opened to reveal a ..... simply superb - contemporary furnished apartment. A large living area with coffee-table, 2 sofa-beds,2 large double wardrobes, a desk on which was placed a flat screen Samsung TV and a kettle. We were given fresh flowers daily! (The TV never worked during our visit - apparently the cable network had not been installed fully?) The separate bedroom was again fitted with dark wood furniture to match the rest of the apartment. Both rooms had sliding doors onto the very private balcony - top-notch luxury. Views across the bay were magnificent. The bathroom was stunning with 2 circular porcelain bowls and fully tiled walls & flooring - all obviously brand-new. The restaurant was light and spacious, the food laid out for self service in a very inefficient manner - bearing in mind that the population was maybe 300 (and they all seemed to want to eat at the same time! - at least on the first couple of days) The food was similar to ski-fare; wholesome and warm - in no way haute-cuisine! I suppose if you stayed for more than 7-days then it may have become monotonous...... Most days the dessert offering was ice-cream or (?) well just ice-cream then! The activities were all included and guides, instructors without fault. I went on bike trips to the waterfalls, beach and the climb to Platistona. I took a bike each day and when there was a break in the weather set off to see how far I could go in each direction - I must admit to feeling rather proud one day, when asked "where have you been?" I could honestly say - "Greece!" Whilst we were there a lot of the construction was still on going; hand rails etc were still being fitted at the side of the stairs to our room on the Thursday! (we arrived the Friday before!) The killer was the weather! The first three days were glorious and then the weather turned! Rain was forecast for 4-hours - the meteorologist should go back to weather school.....28 hours later the sun came out again. The problem was this [rain + sporadic wind = crap sailing] The pre-sailing lesson took place in the upstairs bar. When we were all fully briefed and jacketed; the Lasers were towed out to sea, only for half of them to capsize before all having to be towed back later. What fun! The beer was fine - Mythos at 3.50euros a pint(?) - just make sure that the greek bar tender does not serve you three-quarters of a glass full! Entertainment was slightly lacking other than a quiz one evening - I don't recall anything special. One night we were all treated to a local greek singer with a very small repertoire of loud, local greek songs. The bar became deserted after around 15-minutes. I was informed by the waitress that this happened every time the guy played at Galini. Maybe the bar staff liked having a quiet time! (Though not literally!) All in all - very enjoyable and I would love to return next year (just hope that the weather is better next time)"

• Travel date: 18th July 2007

Fantastic Family Holiday

Reviewed 20th October 2012

"We spent a great week at Club Active Galini booked with Crystal from 30 June to 6 July 2007. We have two boys ages 11 and 16 and they consider it to be the best holiday ever. Hotel is clean, spacious and staff were friendly and helpful. We stayed in two adjoining triple rooms (new block) which were large, each had a large bathroom and a balcony with table and two chairs with a super view over the bay (photo attached). The water sports equipment was new and plentiful and the water-front staff were extremely helpful and professional. My younger son learnt to wind-surf and sail and the elder one learnt to wake-board and attended all the free tennis sessions and also some paid lessons. My husband and I did some sailing and although there was not much wind until the last 2 days we all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. All meals were buffet style and were generally okay but after a week would become tedious. Lunches seemed to be better than dinners. The free wine with dinner was very acidic but we opted for a bottle of rose at 9 euros that was quite pleasant. Bar area is great with terrific views and reasonable prices. Health/Beauty suite was great and the two girls are very professional and friendly, I had a facial, a manicure and a pedicure and they rank among the best I've ever had. There are 2 restaurants within 5 minutes walk of the resort, turn left outside the reception and you will encounter the restaurant Kolonels down some steps. Kolonels, which we ate at, is set on the water-front and is the most idyllic and romantic location I have ever experienced. The head waiter is charming and the food was second to none. They specialise in sea-food but also have a small selection of meat. The menu is small but everything we had was so fresh it was almost wriggling and perfectly cooked. It wasn't cheap, 300 euros for 4 but we all had sea-food starters, octopus, calamari, and a seafood/fish selection followed by main courses of bay-bug (very similar to lobster but sweeter) and a fish selection and the 2 boys had deserts which were excellent. The other restaurant is perched higher on the hill overlooking the sea and had an extensive and cheaper menu and looked very pleasant. We went to Nidri twice by taxi approx 7 euros each way and the small port area is very picturesque overlooking a small island. There is a reasonable selection of shops including a supermarket, souvenir shops and an internet cafe. Loads of copy designer sunglasses for 12 euros! A local runs a speed boat taxi charter service and one evening he took us for an hour's trip around the bay and Skorpios and dropped us at Megannisi where we had dinner and then he took us home. Wonderful evening and he explained the history of Skorpios etc. Trip cost for 4 was 200 euros and this and the dinner at Kolonels were the highlights of our holiday. All in all a great holiday and we would happily return."

• Travel date: 6th July 2007

Value for money

Reviewed 8th November 2012

"We stayed at crystal hotel galini 22 - 29 June 2007. Approx 45 mins transfer from airport to hotel. Hotel It is built into the side of the hill overlooking the sea. The reception area is new and nice. There is still some ongoing works as they are completing a long term project. There is some landscaping etc however it didnt bother us. There are alot of steps from the reception area to the restaurant/sea area. There are 2 parts to the hotel accomodation. The 'older' part is more traditional greek apartments/rooms. We did not stay in these but they looked nice from the outside and are the apartments you see on the crystal website/brochure. We stayed in the new rooms which are really nice with modern and high spec finish. There is a tv with sky/bbc world service & dvd player, fridge in the room. There was only 2 of us but we were in a 4 person room. There were 2 pull out beds in the 'living area'. Bathrooms have shower over the bath. Restaurant All 3 meals are served in the same restaurant as buffet style. The food was good/plenty of variety and seemed to cater for all. Pool/Bar Area There are 2 pools. Only complaint is there wasn't much shade areas/umbrellas by the pool. The bar area is good and staff friendly. Activities Only disappointment was the wind situation. General consensus from speaking to staff and other guests before they left was that the wind was rarely very strong, more suited to beginners. The last day was the only time it blew force 3-4. There is plenty of equipment and staff to help you out. It'i a pebble beach so it's worth taking some water shoes. There is mountain biking. We didnt use this as it was in the 40's all week and you had to return the bikes by 5.30pm. There are 3 tennis courts. You can get 2 hours group tuition free as a beginner or intermediate which was very good. These are either am or pm slots. You can pay for private lessons and other group sesssions. There is social/mixed tennis everynight and the courts are open/flood light until approx 11pm. Yoga is on everyday. There is a gym and games room on site which is all new equipment. There are beauty treatments for a fee. The closest town is Nidri - appox 8 euros in a taxi - 45 mins walk along busy road. Lefkas town apporx 15 euros in taxi. There is a bus to both. There are no immediate bars/restaurants close to the hotel. Overall nice hotel and facilities. In our opinion only let down by the lack of wind. Despite having a nice week and nothing 'wrong' with the hotel do not think would go back having preferred Crystal's Turkey resort in 2006."

• Travel date: 2nd July 2007

Hotels near Porto Galini Seaside Resort & Spa

Porto Galini Seaside Resort & Spa is also called

• porto galini
  • porto galini lefkas
  • porto galini seaside hotelanlage & spa