Villa Eliza

Skala Greece

Good

very warm welcome !! Young hosts, extremely friendly !!

"Last july I stayed at Villa Eliza. The rooms are OK and very clean. For 40 euros I had a/c, kitchenette, tv, bathroom and great sea view. I particularly appreciated internet facilities. Wonderful gardens and stunning flowers.
The owners, Elisa and George are very friendly and helpful, booking taxis, providing adaptor plugs and all sorts of other things. They told me that they run the business the last two years. In the past there was an old lady who didn't speak english at all and therefore misunderstandings were easy to occur.

Anyhow, the villa is situated in a peaceful location and the beach only at five minutes walk. If you are lucky you may see baby sea turtles. It is amazing how they do find their way to the ocean..
Villa Eliza seems like the ideal place for me and I'll definitely go back !"

• Travel date: Sat 15th of January 2011

Relaxing holidays !! Very friendly hosts !

"Villa Eliza apartments are set in a beautiful garden, ten minute walk from the main town. Much appreciated the peaceful location and the spottlessly clean rooms. Staff is helpful and Elisa, the owner, a friendly young woman, made our stay most comfortable and special.
We really loved Skala, the long shingle beach and the fabulous greek cuisine. All in all, an enjoyable holiday!!
I definitely recommend this place and I can't wait to go back.

• Travel date: Wed 1st of September 2010

wonderful elisa!!

"You can't visit Skala without spending your holidays by Villa Elisa! The delicious garden, the beautyful dark sky, the quite athmosphere will give you perfums and unforgetable feelings. Elisa makes the difference. She is friendly and helpful like nobody could be...."

• Travel date: Tue 31st of August 2010

we spent lovely holidays !!

"Elisa apartments is a quite family-run villa in Skala and is certainly one place we would return to!
Apartments are quiet and clean, only five minute walk to the beach and tavernas.
The wonderful gardens and the colorful roses offer a really delightful atmosphere. We absolutely enjoyed our stay. The owners make you feel at home. We were spoilt and will certainly go back!

• Travel date: Mon 10th of May 2010

Having stayed in many Greek resorts, bot...

"Having stayed in many Greek resorts, both island and mainland, Kefallonia and particularly Elisa apartments in Skala is certainly one place we would return to.
The warmth and welcome of our host Loukia were simply wonderful. Kind, helpful, rooms cleaned almost every single day of our two week visit, yes certainly a lady of character and this helped to make our holiday. What a pity that some people have complained about not being able to hang towels on balconies and have neglected to comment on the fantastic fruit trees, vegetables, wildlife, flowers, poultry (thanks for the eggs, Loukia) and pets in the lovely garden that is so well maintained.
Five minute walk to the beach and first tavernas, ten to the nearest supermarket and fifteen into the village centre. As for the walk back up, time to look at the stars, look for geckos, listen for the owl and the crickets and walk off some of the fabulous food and drink!
Truly a lovely, atmospheric, Greek holiday!"

• Travel date: Sat 20th of September 2008

We have just returned from a two week ho...

"We have just returned from a two week holiday, staying at the Elisa apartments, Skala, Kefalonia. If you are looking for apartments at a reasonable price, are happy with a 4 minute climb up some steps to get home, like to stare from your balcony over a well kept kitchen garden with a sea view behind it, need a fridge to keep a reserve bottle of wine, and tea making facilities, then you would be more than happy here.
Relax and settle into the Greek way of life. Watch the landlady “discuss” matters with her young gardener, oh and notice how many hours they work! Yes, she can whisper over three fields, but it really is not a problem. She is a lovely lady, cleans the apartments and makes the beds more frequently than she is obliged to and really is a sweetie. Eggs from her hens (even the cockerel wakes up late, so don’t worry about him) or tomatoes are likely to appear in your apartment as a small gift. We found that a bottle of red wine seemed to be an acceptable thank-you when we left. Some of the apartments, I think those on the first floor, did not have air-conditioning, so a fan for €15/week is a good idea.
Minuses??? Not really, a good holiday is a state of mind and you can find fault if you try hard enough wherever you go and whatever you spend. We had no mosquito problems (in September), in fact no problems at all, and would gladly return.

• Travel date: Tue 16th of September 2008

I have just returned from scala staying...

"I have just returned from scala staying at the elisa apartments, and the only good thing about these apartments were the beautiful sea view.

The owner was a complete nightmare, her shouting certainly got on my nerves. I was told off for manythings whilst staying there. She doesnt like towels hung over the balcony so not only does she shout she throws them in your room. She does not like you shutting your curtains, even when like me i was on the bottom floor and getting changed with open curtains is not appropriate she still shouted everyday about it even though i tried to explain. She didnt like shoes in the room and removed them on to the balcony and she moved stuff in my room everyday. She was a total nightmare!!

Other than this Scala is a beautiful place and i will certainly be visiting again just not staying at the Elisa apartments!"

• Travel date: Mon 1st of September 2008

We stayed at the Elisa Apartments in 200...

"We stayed at the Elisa Apartments in 2007. The apartment and owner were a nightmare. We have been going to kefalonia for the last 18 years and this is the first time we have come across such nastiness. Parts of the apartment were falling to pieces and only two towels (threadbare) were provided for the four of us. The apartment wasn't cleaned properly and the owner however nicely you requested more towels etc was met with incredible rudeness. After the first week we were kindly rescued by our lovely Olympus Rep and moved to another apartment which was wonderful. "

• Travel date: Mon 14th of July 2008

Just returned from 2 weeks at the Elisa....

"Just returned from 2 weeks at the Elisa. Had a great time and would def go back again. The resort has just been repainted and some of the apartments have been refurbished. The owner has just installed air con in most of the rooms. This was very welcome for the last 3 days at it was lick an oven at night...Loukia is a sweety and as i speak greek, she would come by most afternoons for a chat. We neither saw or heard her untill about 5-6pm which would be the tiome she came to water her garden. Every day we would wake up and find fresh eggs and tomatoes and cucumbers on or balcony from her garden. It's true that she doesn't like to have towels haging on the balconies as she thinks it makes the place look bad but as she can't explain that she just take the towels and hangs them up herself. That should in fact be the job of the rep to explain to people that they have a cloths line and they should use it. The rooms were cleaned everyday, even though she is contracted to clean them only once a week by Olympic. the beds are changed twice a week. She has a cleaner but she does supervise things. Last year her cleaner had to go to hospital so she had to do the cleaning herself.
The steps could be a problem but this was explained to us before we booked and as it was not a race, it didn't cause too many problems. The whole resort is quite with lots os tavernas and a few bars staying open till late.

On the whole, if you want a relaxing holiday at a hotel out of the way and quite, then this is the place. Just remember that the greeks like to talk loadly to each other and that doesn't meen that are fighting.

• Travel date: Tue 1st of July 2008

Me and my mate just came back from kefol...

Good

"Me and my mate just came back from kefolonia,we stayed in Scala in the Elisa apartments,the owner Lucia was a fantastic woman ,yes she was a bit loud but i
got the giggles when she shouted to her gardener to get on with his work!!!! she seemed to like us as we stayed in room No1 under her balcony,she gave us fresh eggs every day cucumbers and the biggest tomatoes i have ever seen let alone the massive lemon as well.people have comlained about her loudness but they must remember you are in Greece and as they say when in Rome!!!!.My mate got told off for hanging his beach towle on her air conditioning box on the patio but it really was me HaHa,but Lucia came down with a plate of pizza for us as peace offering,how fab is that,her little dog was a real cutie.Well all i can say now is i miss all the fun there and would go back again in the near future.Anyone thinking of staying there is a must Lucia has a real dirty laugh it starts me off as well.
Regards,
Jeff & ken
Walthamstow,London"

• Travel date: Wed 25th of June 2008

Stayed at the Elisa's hotel for 1 week w...

"Stayed at the Elisa's hotel for 1 week with my girlfriend, read some worrying reviews about the Elisa's before going but was very happy with the commendation when there. The apartments are up a hill which takes around 5 mins to walk. We had no problems with the walk and quite enjoyed it after a lovely meal. Rooms were basic but clean and a good size. Scala is a lovely place that offers a lot for holiday makes. The beach is fantastic and clean.
Many reviews commented on the own but she was fine when we were their, very helpful when we arrived. The grounds and views from the Elisa are gorgeous, I would stay there again if I was to go back to Scala
Their is a short route to the Elisa hotel which requires you to walk up around 40 steps, I would recommend the hotel to most but if you have problems walking then it may not be for you.

• Travel date: Wed 7th of May 2008

My partner and I have just come back fro...

"My partner and I have just come back from an amazing two weeks in Kefalonia. Skala is a great resort and my only small gripe is that the beach is very stony and sharp with a steep "drop" into the sea. Definitely not suitable for children. However, if you hire a car (recommended at least for a few days) you get to visit these fabulous out of the way sandy nooks where you can have the beach to yourselves!

The Elisa Apartments are basic and clean, but with everything you're likely to need. We had an upstairs room with fantastic views over the beautiful garden and out to sea. The centre of Skala is a 15-20 minute walk, but there are sea front restaurants a 5-10 minute walk away (worth taking into account that these are a bit more expensive). The walk up to the apartments is not that steep and shouldn't put anyone off especially as you're glad of it after a big meal! (We'd highly recommend Sokrates in the centre of Skala just off the main strip).

Loukia is a lovely lady whose bark is certainly worse then her bite. Her English is limited, but we had no problems understanding each other and her "banter" with her husband and the poor gardener certainly adds to the entertainment value! The nutty dog and cats' antics are also all highly amusing.

In conclusion we would certainly visit Skala again and have no hesitation in staying at the Elisa."

• Travel date: Fri 28th of September 2007

Hotels near Villa Eliza

Stayed at Villa Eliza? Share your insight.

Top traveller tips for Villa Eliza

• Brianx by Brianx

"nice, quiet and friendly "

• Sandy by Sandy

"It is worthwhile to visit Villa Eliza in Skala "

Villa Eliza is also called