Good
Good

My husband and I stayed at the Alexatos...

Reviewed Thu 15th of June 2006

"My husband and I stayed at the Alexatos Apartments in Agia Efimia. The owner Alexatos emailed me all the details and basically organised everything from pick up at the airport, to car hire (Nikos Car Hire- excellent service), recommended boat hire (Yellow Boat) and things to do and gave us maps and local knowledge!

His apartments were clean and tidy with plenty of room, they were a 5-7 minute walk from the centre and water's edge but in a very quiet jasmine scented street with beautiful views from the balcony to pine clad hills. Every day, when passing, Alexatos checked to ensure everything was ok, it was so re-assuring, especially as we had no rep (we saw more of him than we ever would a rep!).

The people in the village were so friendly, we ate at Pergolas most nights as the food was superior and the chefs/ owner, who would regularly say hello was an excellent cook. We went every night for a drink to a small taverna/cafe on the corner of the Town hall street, watched Greeks play backgammon and enjoyed the views of the bay and the to-ing and fro-ing of the harbour - the 2 Greek brothers who owned the place were unbelievably friendly and kind- but then everyone was.

The resort was a 15 minutes drive from the famous and stunning Captain Corelli beach - Myrtos and the famous pier was also just up from the resort. The apartments cater for all ages, American teenagers, families, OAP’s and cyclists stayed while we were there (we are in our early 30's). It is the best resort to stay while visiting the island. The north- Fiscardo/Asso only about 30 mins away are beautiful, but small.

This has been our 10th Greek island visit and now Kefalonia is my favorite island - I hope it remains unspoiled. A friendly, peaceful place - not one for the lager louts or disco heads. We visited last week May first June and saw a beautiful island with hot but bearable weather and not overcrowded."

• Travel date: Thu 15th of June 2006