Lobby

• kids club
  • tv channel one russia
  • adult pool

Good

Not all inclusive and not a beach resort

Reviewed 1st September 2018

"I stayed with my husband and my two teenagers in August 2018 for a week. We were looking forward to the lovely beach as advertised but were shocked to find out that the beach did not belong to the hotel and we had to pay for our sunbeds and umbrella which came to 8 euros for two. Luckily we rented a car and did not intend to just stay on the resort so we could visit other beaches. But how dare this hotel advertise themselves as a beach resort!!! Surely they are breaking the law and advertising standards in doing so! PLEASE do not be fooled by the website! As for the ALL INCLUSIVE statement... there are many hidden costs. We immeadately wanted to put our passport and other belonging away in a the safe provided when we arrived. To our surprise we couldn't use it so called up reception. We were told that we had to pay 4 euros per day for the cost of the safe!!! When I complained that I had never had to do this at any other hotel before, the receptionist just said that it was advertised on the website as so. When I checked on the web, I could not find this info. It just stated that a safe was available in the room. Once again, the website is misleading. The following morning we went for breakfast which is served between 7am and 10am (who gets up at 7am???). Between 10 am and 10:30 there is a continental breakfast available which consists of some bread rolls, ham and cheese. Where were the croissants and jam??? The service from the breakfast staff was TERRIBLE! The managers stand at the door, if you are lucky you will get a smile and a 'kalimera'. The staff looked depressed and reluctantly come and give you a jug of filter coffee, then they are just there to clear tables.....no choice of cappuccino, latte or fresh juice is served. And DO NOT expect to be served any MILK!!! You have to get up and pour the milk yourself from the dispenser by the buffet. Disgusting service! They do not even ask you if you would like any water. You have to get that yourself. You even have to collect your own spoon from the buffet area if you want cereal or yoghurt. So by the time you get everything you need, the food you have served yourself is cold! Why are these waiters/waitresses employed? They hardly do anything. We arrived for breakfast well on time just after 9am and there was always a long queue to wait to be seated, The breakfast room is not big enough to accommodate all the guests it seems. One morning, our two teenagers were feeling unwell and my husband and I prepared a few bread rolls with cheese and ham to take down to there room after breakfast in a plate. We had seen a few other tourists do this on previous days so thought it would be ok. Until I was stopped by a waitress called PERSEPHONE. Rude is an understatement for this employee. Persephone stopped me in my tracks and was adamant that I would not be allowed to take the plate of a few bread rolls away for my teenagers who were unwell. When I asked why, she could not give me a valid reason and just ranted about it being the 'RULE OF THE HOTEL". She was extremely confrontational, arrogant and began to argue wth me in front of all the other customers. By this stage I was very cross and upset and stated that I had spent thousands to come to this hotel and all we wanted was a few bread rolls for our children. She insisted on calling the manager Fotis who, unlike her, was very calm and explained that we could not take the plate of food due to hygiene reasons but we would be able to take it if covered with foil. Seriously, this PERSEPHONE should not be allowed to even work at the hotel if that is her attitude to customer service. She made me feel like a criminal over a few bread rolls!!! On another note, a table of managers sit to have breakfast at 10.01 am at a reserved table. This is unacceptable, to do this so early in front of customers who are finishing there breakfast or running around to get their own water and milk. Customer service is not a priority for the staff here. Their needs come first. Wifi is also not freely available , only in the lobby area. You have to pay a daily rate for Wifi. If you want a frappe you have to pay 2,50 euros. Only filter coffee is free which tastes awful. There are two restaurants available as well as the buffet, however, you need to book these in advance and pay extra for the meals here. Yo are entitled to one free meal at each of the restaurants. The Italian restaurant is the best one and the Chef KOSTAS is excellent and cooked us all the most delicious pasta!!! He was awesome!! The other restaurant called Olives has a good menu but the service is extremely slow. The main pool is loud and over crowded so we did not stay there at all. The adult pool is very relaxing and tranquil. The main tourists seem to be Polish and Brits and a few French people. However, the hotel is mainly for for families with very young children and was not suited to teenagers and there interests. The rooms are clean and tidy and the air con works very well and is quiet. The fridge kept me awake through the night making strange noises. But I do not understand the point of the fridge as we were only given one small bottle of water for free on the first night for two people. You have to pay for bottled water thereafter!!! No beer, wine, soft drinks were available in the fridge at a all!! So why is it called all inclusive?? I have no idea! I would not stay here again and waste my money on all these hidden costs!"

• Travel date: 1st August 2018

We love this resorte

Reviewed 3rd November 2015

"Lovely resort clean and comfy staff very good food great loads of choice in restaurant and you can dine Al a Carter we will be be back next year also nice bars nearby boat and bus trips available transfer may take up to 2 hours but when you get there you will be very happy."

• Travel date: 25th October 2015

Worst hotel

Reviewed 12th August 2014

"Mare blue beach resort was a remote location, it took us two hours to get to the hotel. The rooms in the hotel were not clean,the toilet was blocked.There was bed lice on the bed,bed covers were stained with urine. There was no hot water in the morning.However there was a variety of food to chose from but none of these food have covers on them which meant there was a lot of food that was covered in fleas. Entertainment was good for children but for adults the entertainment was poor for adults. There are two beaches and there is a town center as well. This hotel is not worth 4 stars at all, the staff were rude.The toilet near the swimming pool were not clean. If you decide to pick the hotel I suggest that you don't pick any of the rooms on the ground floor due to fleas and bed lice.Also stay less than one week in this hotel because you will start to get very bored of the repeated entertainment and food ."

• Travel date: 10th August 2014

Amazing value.

Reviewed 23rd June 2014

"Could not believe our luck at choosing this hotel.. Breathtaking view over the sea, spotlessly clean room and everywhere else.immaculately maintained gardens. Two fabulous pools make up for the lack of a luster beach but lovely beaches close by. The location is remote but the result is 360 degrees of splendid scenery and a relaxed atmosphere. apartment blocks situated away from main building afford a quiet stay. really hard working and attentive staff are overseen by friendly and very approachable management. The food was excellent in quality and variety. Not really into hotel evening entertainment but we did attend some evenings and had great fun. kids are well catered for on all levels. Corfu is too beautiful to not explore and we hired a car to do so but found it difficult to skip those great lunches at the Mare-blue. The gorgeous little port village of Kassioppi is only minutes away by car or bus. This was our first experience of All Inclusive and we are absolutely hooked. The big problem now is finding somewhere that can match the terrific standards of the Mare-blue for our next holiday. I just know we are going to be disappointed..... "

• Travel date: 22nd June 2014

This Beach Resort is unclean, staff is not polite at all,particularly Reception staff.

Reviewed 23rd October 2012

"We were given the impression it holds 4Star, when we arrived and seen all facilities, we thought it is no way near even 3star Reception staff,particularly, COSTAS, was very rude on arrival. The Bar staff must be given Good Training as to how to serve the customers,they were serving the drinks in Plastic glasses-never seen anywhere in the world,I understand if it happens near the Pool Bar. I will never recommend to any of my friends and family."

• Travel date: 22nd October 2012

Lovely hotel and staff

Reviewed 20th October 2012

"Hotel very nice and rooms clean, food very nice with lots of choice, there are a lot of flys, mosquitos and wasps so you need your spray but dont let this put you off. Had a fantastic time, staff work very hard and are friendly and helpful. We hired a car and saw quite a lot of this beautiful resort. Ammus restaurant was lovely, and the big bite in benitses was to die for, could of eaten there every day :) overall a fantastic holiday with stunning views, would defianatley recommend and go back! "

• Travel date: 20th October 2012

My holiday experiance of Mareblue

Reviewed 10th October 2012

"Friendly hotel, friendly staff, nice rooms, nice pool areas. Booked as 4*, no way. Flies all over food which had no covers. Cracked or dirty cups, plastic beakers for drinks in the evening as not enough glasses. No apparent aire conditioning in the restaurant. Swarms of wasps, eaten alive with mossies', one party member had to have cortasone injections. Could not relax anywhere. One holiday not to be repeated"

• Travel date: 9th October 2012

GREAT PLACE TO STAY

Reviewed 11th May 2012

" Bluebay hotel (mareblue resort) is a great place to stay rooms cant fault food good and plenty of it staff work very hard to make your holiday one to remember over the years we have made lots of friends in corfu local and holiday makers corfu is a great island to explore so please dont knock the island if you only stay at the hotel and keep complaining that its isolated get a car and have a drive around theres lots to see and do i cant wait till october to see friends in corfu also my daughter and here husband who are in there 20s with a youn child think its a great place two ouzo phil "

• Travel date: 10th May 2012

very nice

Reviewed 12th May 2011

"just returned from this hotel what a good hotel wide mix of people here from young to disabled and every thing in between very clean and good food pool great and entertainment every evening the only down side is its very remote with nothing apart from a bar by the small (covered in seaweed} beach if you hire a car found cheapest was the sixt desk in lobby but make sure it returned with the same amount of fuel or you will be charged a refuelling charge "

• Travel date: 12th May 2011

Lovely Resort

Reviewed 23rd September 2010

"My 3 friends & I were moved to The Blue Bay when staff in our original hotel went on strike. We were very impressed with the lovely location cleanliness & friendliness of staff, also the efficient way we were moved in after arriving after 9pm. The majority of people transferred were very satisfied with the Blue Bay. The food was excellent, plenty of choice & the waiter service very good. We didn't bother with the evening entertainment as not our cup of tea just played cards in the seated area. The only down-side was the mozzie's but being so near the water you have to expect that & protect yourselves. We would definitely go there again."

• Travel date: 23rd September 2010

a beautiful escape!

Reviewed 21st September 2010

"I have just returned from a week at blue bay resort and fell in love instantly. Its a beautiful place with spectacular views. On our entrance there was someone to take our cases to the room which made a good first impression! Our room was clean and a maid would come to clean and make the beds every day. The pool area consists of two pools a small one for youngsters and a much larger one for adults. We had no problem getting sunbeds every day and there were plenty to spare stored. The entertainment was brilliant with bingo and different activities each night, with music quizs kareoke dance shows comedy nights and more. Throughout the day there were games and competitions to get involved in. The food had so much choice each night and a range of english food for children if they didnt want to eat the other food. Morning noon and night could not fault it! Out only downfall was the mozzys! As we arrived early in the morning while it was still dark, when we walked to our room i was bitten quite alot! But i went to their shop which is two minutes away from the resort and bought the local stuff as i found it was alot better than the stuff we had already got! And they hardly touched us again! And the second thing is wasps! If your afraid of them then this is not the holiday for you as there are loads! Which put me off my drinks from the car because they love sweet stuff! Also stray cats which are no harm at all but if your allergic then again might not be the place for you. All staff are lovely and you get to make friends with the majority of them as you see them every day. Finally one last thing is if you suffer from travel sickness ensure your dosed up before you get on the coach journey to and from the airport, the roads are very narrow and hilly! Missing it already! "

• Travel date: 20th September 2010

fanstatic holiday

Reviewed 1st September 2010

"Myself, my husband and two teenagers have just arrived home from Corfu, where we have had the most fabulous weeks holiday staying at the Blue Bay Beach Resort. We found the food was good as there was much variety and we felt all diets and requirements were well catered for. Yes at times there was some mosquito’s during the evening but I hardly think that the hotel can be held responsible for that. We found the entertertainment was good and there plenty to get involved with if you wanted to make the effort and all the entertainment team were enthusiastic and carful to include all nationalities staying at the hotel. This is our second visit to the hotel and we have, and will continue to highly recommend it. "

• Travel date: 30th August 2010
  • ...

Hotels near Mareblue Beach Corfu Resort

Top traveller tips for Mareblue Beach Corfu Resort

• by Donnaf

"Hire a car and go exploring."

• by The Blue Bay Review

"Make sure you check before you go "

• by Goodserviceguy

"Hire a car from Affordable car Hire and explore the fantastic scenery around the island."

• by rheeannaa

"If your looking for a fun for the kids and realzing for you this is it."

• by Phil W

"MIX WITH ALL THE PEOPLE AT THE BAR AND CHILL"

• by silverfret

"dont go to corfu try another greek island"

• by The Golden Girls

"Very pleasant relaxing resort well worth a visit"

• by jennywren71

"Air conditioning in restaurant and reception. Warnings regarding insects so adequate precautions could be made."

• by Johnmac27

"Transfer may be 2 hours"

• by Janey07

"Fantastic Place to stay"

• by Baby_Elle85

"Personally I'm pretty high maintenance, whilst its not a 5* place, its totally gorgeous, very clean!"

• by dilipshah

"Wasps and Flies are too many-no fault of Resort but they must do "something" to prevent."

• by peakfolk

"Very Pretty but quiet."

• by Sheila123

"Molos taverna was great, and the boat trip to corfu, glass bottom boat wasn`t too great."

• by leeler

"perfect for a relaxing holiday"

• by telbeer

"a shuttle bus to nearest town"

Mareblue Beach Corfu Resort is also called