fantastic holiday!

Reviewed Mon 10th of September 2012

"Weve just back from a fantastic holiday at the Blue Diamond studios, in st. george south. It was very clean, the cleaner came in 6 days a week, which i didnt expect. The rooms have everything you need. Theres a pool bar which is ran a happy chap Dimitres who trys his best to make you have a great holiday, hes also a great cook! Made many friends around the pool and out in the resort. Corfu town is a must, beautiful old town, we got the local bus in and a taxi on the way back.
The only upset of the holiday was the last few days, when 2 couples arrived who had moved from another hotel, they were miserable, caused a bad atmosphere around the pool and were rude to children who were playing in the pool.But i suppose you cant have everything! I will definitely be back next year.

• Travel date: Sat 8th of September 2012

Cheap and cheerful

Reviewed Thu 16th of December 2010

"Booked Blue Diamond because we had walked past it on a previous visit to st George and thought it looked nice.
We were not disappointed...clean and tidy although the kitchen area was very small.big enough to cook breakfast though. some nice touches ..a communal ironing area and a book exchange. upstairs studios have good views.
Well situated 800m from the harbour.
Very pleasant pool area and the bar was reasonably, although you couldn`t rely on it being open late at night. St george is a ramshackle resort with a laid back feel.great beaches at either end and no shortage of bars and tavernas. Best for brekkie is the Sunset.
The village Psistaria serves good grills and the Balcony is friendly and efficient...very popular.
Amazonia is a pleasant place for adrink and Mad Mikes is good fun..Elea the owners son is quite a character.
All in all a great holiday..St George is not for the young and lively...there are some good walks around...south to S Barbara.North to issos..lake korrison. Inland to Argirades.We will back to St george."

• Travel date: Fri 10th of December 2010

Excellent value

Reviewed Thu 19th of November 2009

"Having stayed in St George and surrounds for last 10 years and always passing Blue Diamond and commenting on how nice it looked, we finally stayed there in July 2009. The location, accommodation and facilities were excellent. Our studio was clean and had sufficient resources for our stay. Air con was extra, but this is the norm, certainly in this part of the island. The staff were friendly and the ironing facilities and supply of books left by holidaymakers a bonus. I would and have recommended the Blue Diamond and will be booking with them again for 2010."

• Travel date: Wed 18th of November 2009

My wife & I, (60 & 57yrs) arrived by tax...

Reviewed Tue 3rd of June 2008

"My wife & I, (60 & 57yrs) arrived by taxi at the Blue Diamond Studios at 10.00 pm on the Monday night for our 5 day break and were met by Dimitri the owner who seemed a pleasant chap. He carried our cases to our rooms but wasn't interested in us officialy booking in ?
After a shower in the worlds smallest shower cubicle we ventured down to the poolside bar for a drink. Mine was a large beer, my wife a red wine and lemonade. 5 euro's was the price, not bad I thought, 'Think I'm gunna like it here.
After our initial drink we wandered down the road to the nightlife, a wonderful array of sounds, aromar of exotic foods and a general wellbeing of holidaymakers enjoying themselves. The panorama was the eating house that caught our fancy and it certainly lived up to our expectations, so much that we frequented the panorama on many more occasions during our stay.St George's was a beautiful resort with it's fine sandy beaches, dunes and cosy little coves along with an array of shops, bars and taverna's.
The Lagoudia was a great place for drinks and entertainment, Mac's quiz's and George's cocktails were not to be missed.
Unfortunetly our holiday was spoilt not by the resort but by Dimitri, the Blue Diamond studios owner. Our first visit to his bar cost us 5 euro's for our drinks, our next visit cost us 5 euro 50 cents, our next cost 7 euro's and our last visit, on the Wednesday night cost 7 euro 50 cents and it was for the same drinks every time. I questioned Demitri about the different prices but he just held his hands up 'Not understand' !
Friday morning arrived and I was cornered by Dimitri only to be told that we had to vacate our room by 12.00 lunchtime, I was flabagasted, we had only been here 3 days and 14 hours of a 5 day break. Dimitri and I argued the situation for about 1 hour when I finally ran to my room for our holiday paperwork which we allways carry with us.
When I showed the paperwork to Dimitri which stated 'First night 19th May 2008, last night 23rd May 2008' he wasn't interested and pushed both the paperwork and me to one side. My wife then arrived to cool the situation down and persuaded Dimitri to phone hotels4u.com and clarify the situation. Dimitri was full of himself on the phone, speaking in his greek dialect, gesticulating towards me and my wife and feeling good for himself, we asked if we could speak to the lady at the other end of the phone and to our suprise, we were given the opportunity. The lady from hotels4u.com spoke exellent english and told us that if we wanted to keep our rooms on then we would have to pay Dimitri 25 euro's, I disagreed and quoted what was on our paperwork, she hadn't even looked at our file on the computer but when she finally did she didn't apologise, she asked me to put Dimitri back on the phone.
After a bit of too-ing and fro-ing, Dimitri said we were OK for tonight............... but he wanted our key at midnight.
The Blue Diamond Studios has no reception, no interior waiting rooms, no indoor toilets or shower rooms, in fact, everything is done in the bar that closes at midnight.
We were left stranded on the pool - patio furniture with no toilets from midnight till our taxi arrived, we occupied one of five rooms occupied in a hotel that has 42 studios."

• Travel date: Tue 3rd of June 2008

We stayed as part of a group of 43 in Ju...

Reviewed Fri 26th of October 2007

"We stayed as part of a group of 43 in July 2007, all in different hotels, and there are far better hotels than the Blue Diamond.

I know Greece is basic but I've never experienced this basic. Allegedly self catering but no facilities; no work surface, one decrepit hotplate, one partially melted kettle and crockery and utensils I would not used even if I had access to bleach.

You could not eat on the balcony because the weeds were so high the mosquitoes would have eaten you alive. No table to eat at, so eating meant sitting on the bed.

Be prepared to be charged for air-conditioning too. I know someone will say this is common practise in Greece, but I have visited all over Greece and this is the first time I have been charged. Perhaps it would not have been too bad if I had been expecting it but 80 odd Euro's out of your spending money is quite a hit.

The resort is lovely and to be fair the pool was spotlessly clean.

• Travel date: Fri 26th of October 2007

The accomodation is perfect for a base t...

Reviewed Fri 28th of September 2007

"The accomodation is perfect for a base to explore St. Georges South. There are some fabulous restaurants all very cheap in price.

I recommend the Balcony for beautiful food and drink. There were six of us and we each had two courses with drinks and it came to around 11 Euros a head. That's about £8! All the other restaurants are similar in price.

If you turn right out of the apartments then you can have a livelier night than if you turn left.

The boat trip offered that goes to Paxos and Anti Paxos is well worth the 25 Euros. It leaves from directly opposite the apartments.

There are many small supermarkets all selling alcohol and cigarettes along with general food and supplies.

The Blue Diamond studios were clean and tidy with lovely grass around the pool. The snack bar offers great salads although he is a few euros more than if you go elsewhere but for convenience its great.

The beach is long and the seas are clear. If you turn left you get the quieter beaches. Myself and my other half had a whole beach to ourselves all day. If you search over the rocks you can find beautiful peaceful beaches to enjoy.

The sports bar and the karaoke bar are more expensive than other places but livelier.

All in all a good relaxing holiday with wonderful food. Do not go here if you want to go clubbing in September. There are two night clubs and they do not open until May.

It does get chilly in the evenings due to the wind so I recommend ladies taking a cardigan."

• Travel date: Fri 28th of September 2007

Me and my daughter have just spent a won...

Reviewed Fri 25th of August 2006

"Me and my daughter have just spent a wonderful week at the blue diamond studios.

Room was basic but very clean as was the pool and surrounding areas. Our room overlooked the pool and the sea which was a real treat. We were given a warm welcome and enjoyed the choice of food and cocktails that where served all day in the pool bar.

The resort is fab; lovely beaches loads of places to eat and drink. The Greek night and Theo’s boat trip were great fun and good value for money. Weather was very hot we really appreciated the air conditioning in our room.

We are already looking forward to having another holiday here next year.

• Travel date: Fri 25th of August 2006

I had a very relaxing holiday in St Geor...

Reviewed Tue 22nd of August 2006

"I had a very relaxing holiday in St George - it is perfect for those wanting to have a calm quiet break. I found that the resort was quite quiet with not that much to actually do - as I like to go out and about - especially as we were there for two weeks - unless you hire a car (there is one bus a day that leaves and returns to St George) you are sort of stuck in the resort which is really very small and quite limited in its activities.

That said it was still a very nice break - I would recommend Kostas Boat trip to Paxos & Anti-Paxos - really good to go and have a bit of a shop and a walk around, aqua land is a lot of fun - although the slides are quite scary! The shopping trip into Corfu Town is nice but you really need to ask the tour guide which direction to go in if you want to find the proper shops to catch the sales - If you only want the gift shops then they are everywhere.

The Blue Diamond Hotel seemed the nicest of the hotels available - definitely seemed to have the nicest pool, very clean and always has loungers free.

Don't go to Il Mare Italian, I had a main meal that was stone cold and when I said I wouldn't pay for it they called the police and got very aggressive! all over a 6 euro carbonara! You can't go and not visit Al Pacinos Cocktail Bar - the waiters are great to chat to and the drinks are lovely.

A very nice holiday overall."

• Travel date: Tue 22nd of August 2006

Having being to Corfu a few times I knew...

Reviewed Sat 20th of May 2006

"Having being to Corfu a few times I knew where, location wise, we were staying. The Blue Diamond Studios are almost in the countryside with fields and gardens close by also bars and restaurants.

The first thing that strikes you is the view, the Studios are 80 meters from the sea, a rocky area, and ideal for snorkeling or fishing. Two very long sandy beaches are roughly 300 meters, left or right, with water sports or quieter areas to read or swim. Part of the right beach is used by nudists. Restaurants overlook the sea a good place to have your meal, snack or watch the sunset.

The apartments are very well maintained, clean and attention has to be drawn to the efforts to make it ascetically pleasing with flowers and lawns well looked after. I had one small problem with the electric which was put right before I returned from the beach.

If you are looking for a relaxing holiday where the locals never seem to rush, great beaches, loads of sun, not yet expensive (same as UK) and where you can wander about without fear for your own safety at night... this may be for you."

• Travel date: Sat 20th of May 2006

Spent a fabulous week at Blue Diamond. T...

Reviewed Thu 30th of June 2005

"Spent a fabulous week at Blue Diamond. The room was quiet and clean, basic, perfect base for a holiday where you are out and about!! Dimitri the owner is extremely welcoming and friendly( watch out for his cocktails... He adds secret ingredients... But they are scrum!) We had a very relaxed time at the apartments/pool area which is also very clean and well maintained!

St George south has got it all, peace and quiet for those who want to chill by the pool or on the beach, fantastic water sports for the more get up and go adventurous type( recommend parasailing and ringos.. Jack the owner does a great triple deal for a great price) the beaches are lovely... Don’t get too busy...

There is a great selection of bars & Tavernas some quiet where you can eat, chat and watch the sun go down, other’s much livelier so you can party till the early hours... So you can pick and choose depending on how much you drank the night before!

There are several excursions... Would definitely recommend the two island tour to Paxos and anti Paxos or the blue lagoon trip... If you want to see white sand, crystal clear water and fancy jumping off the deck of a boat like you were in the Caribbean then these are the ones for you!!!

Overall my holiday was fantastic... Definitely worth the money, st George is definitely worth a visit!

Go and see for your self...

One last thing if you do go... Take lots of mosquito repellent... They like to eat the visitors!!!"

• Travel date: Thu 30th of June 2005

This resort is an excellent place to tak...

Reviewed Tue 31st of May 2005

"This resort is an excellent place to take a holiday. As we booked this holiday last minute we were not sure what to expect, but we were not disappointed. The resort of St George South has many bars and restaurants that cater for all tastes. My boyfriend and I although being quite young, tend to try and stay away from resorts such as Kavos, and Falaraki, and this is an ideal base for a quite relaxing holiday. There are a variety of different eateries, even a Chinese and Italian if you that are what you fancy! The Tavernas themselves are all reasonably priced still far cheaper than England. There are a variety of cocktails bars that have very extensive menus, but be careful as the Greek measures are far larger than England! My favourite of the cocktail bars was Stamatis, the only bar to used crushed ice simply divine!!!

The beach is simply fantastic in the resort, one of the best in Corfu. The water is very clear and is shallow quite far out, ideal for children. There are a selection of bars and Tavernas that are on the sea front, and have fantastic views, and magnificent sunsets. The best spots on the beach are towards the sand dunes, and you can hire peddloes or do a variety of water sports here. The sun beds are quite cheap, €5 for the whole day for 2 beds umbrella, and table, this is one of the cheapest we have ever seen in Greece.

The Blue Diamond Studios are in an excellent location, just a 5 minute wall to bars and Tavernas. The are also a number of supermarkets, the best being to the left of the Studios, called Warehouse. The owners of this supermarket are very friendly, and always greet you with a warm smile. The Studios are set in beautiful gardens, and have a lovely pool and bar. The pool is never busy and is extremely clean and well maintained.

The rooms are quite new, and are well equipped for Greek accommodation (an oven!!). The only advice I would give is to take a fan, we found it a lifesaver as at this time of year the rooms get very hot at night(you can hire fans from the pool bar). I also advise to take a mosquito plug in as they are rife in this part of Corfu. The studios are cleaned every day, but beware the maids seemed to be getting earlier and earlier!! The check out time for rooms is 12, but you can keep the rooms till 6 for only €20, if you had a later flight.

As we were only there for a week the only trip we took was to Corfu town. As we have been to Corfu before we knew this was well worth the visit as it is a lovely town. It takes about 40 minutes from St George, but upon arrival you will see its overwhelming beauty. The town is great for shopping, with lovely cobbled streets containing numerous little shops. My advice would be to go at night or evening as the harbour and streets light up, and they seem to come alive at night, plus it is very hot in the daytime!

This was a fantastic holiday, and the resort certainly caters for all ages. The Blue Diamond studios are an ideal setting for a perfect holiday!!!!!"

• Travel date: Tue 31st of May 2005

Hotels near Blue Diamond Studios

Top traveller tips for Blue Diamond Studios

• cherrymd by cherrymd

"Makis, Spiros on Beach, Panorama, Captain Kostas boat trips, walking to Santa Barbara and Boukari "